Undertale

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've finally started playing. Knowing a bit about the game, I started a full genocide run. My first thoughts on the game were, well, I can basically quote the honest trailer, the first scenarios are uninspired (and lazy) and the game feels a bit forced on the internet tropes side. I had really no trouble
killing cow mom even though she tried to guilt trip me while dying, I just shrugged
, but, when it came down to it,
after killing all the dogs, I just decided that I didn't want to kill Papyrus
. That, couple with some gorgeous backgrounds in the first village, have made me see the brilliant part of the game. I still have to finish it, though, so I'll see.

I've finally started playing. Knowing a bit about the game, I started a full genocide run. My first thoughts on the game were, well, I can basically quote the honest trailer, the first scenarios are uninspired (and lazy) and the game feels a bit forced on the internet tropes side. I had really no trouble
killing cow mom even though she tried to guilt trip me while dying, I just shrugged
, but, when it came down to it,
after killing all the dogs, I just decided that I didn't want to kill Papyrus
. That, couple with some gorgeous backgrounds in the first village, have made me see the brilliant part of the game. I still have to finish it, though, so I'll see.
if you were doing a genocide run correctly it would have gone differently, as i found out

you have to kill random encounters in every area until there are no more random encounters, and toriel would have died in one hit

brightobject

there like moonlight
is a Top Artistis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Oh, I thought random encounters were actually random, not a limited number, lol
Actually, the game uses a very specific scripting system for random encounters in order to introduce the player to as many of the monsters as possible throughout the run regardless of what path they take (disregarding secret monsters like
Glyde
)

Lavos

Banned deucer.
ok i did it, i beat the game on pacifist mode and did all the true lab asriel shit. oh and cried my eyes out

this is one of the best games i've ever played and maybe only ranks behind MOTHER3 and chrono trigger...now flowey is desperately begging me not to true reset and let the characters live out their happy lives in the overworld with humans and monsters in harmony. and i want to reset and keep playing but I CAN'T DO IT. too many fucking feels. my desire to keep playing this amazing game is losing against my desire to see sans, papyrus, undyne, alphys, toriel, and asgore lead happy lives. i'll get over it and reset eventually, because i never did get to see the real genocide ending (or the pacifist ending after genocide mode for that matter, i still need to do the "corrupted" pacifist run), but for now i'll wait.

also these kazoo remixes of boss themes are hilarious
particularly a fan of "bonetrousle" and "megalovania"

bless this game

Joim

Pixels matter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I just beat it on neutral, that was nice, albeit short. I gotta say that I really like how the game is written, even though some parts are clearly written for a different public than me. I did find the Flowey fight a bit over the top (it could've been as intense and "hard" without those photoshopped meh graphics), other than that, the choices you make are quite well thought and the whole "save and reset but not really" thing is quite, quite cool. It's a quite smart way to add replay value to an otherwise short game, as well as adding more content. Clever.

Currently I'm in a Pacifist mode, near the end of Waterfall. I haven't picked up the game much, honestly. I've already watched my friends play it, so I know the core story and such. I'm trying to find more secret stuff at the moment...

Joim

Pixels matter
did full Genocide, sans was hard as fuck, Undyne not so much. I guess I could do a corrupted pacifist run some day if I can be arsed to.

//yelling//

I've done a couple playthroughs and I'm almost done with a pacifist run.

On a side note, I'm working on a pokemon themed team now??

So far I have a shiny venasaur Flowey. It works quite well so he appears on my competitive teams quite frequently
I see everyone saying Flowey would be a sunflora because of appearance but can we please imagine Flowey as a mega venasaur

that is a really cool idea and i'm going to run with it for a sec

gengar is pretty much sans, creepy ass practical joker, beautiful smile

alphys could be dragonite or shiny tyranitar if you look past the size differences, they're all pretty oafish

latias is tsunderplane

Well, I just finished True Pacifist for the first time.
Certainly was confusing. At first, I was super excited. I didn't know Asriel interupts BEFORE Asgore's battle. I was really confused for the first 10 minutes as everyone started appearing. I had saved the pie, bought loads of sea tea, I was READY for Asgore! Of course that didn't happen. Asriel's fight certainly was a hard one that I enjoyed, although not as much as Asgore's which I'm disappointed about not being able to do. The ending was really nice and brought a smile to my face. Papyrus is still awesome!

Undertale may not live up to all the hype I had for it, but it certainly was a great game that I really did enjoy. I rarely laugh out loud in a game, but Undyne's cooking scene made me and my brother crack up and almost fall out of our chairs.

Now to do genocide? Except probably not.

8-BIT Luster

Completely Unviable
Well I just finished a stick/bandage True Pacifist run and lemme tell you
ASGORE was quite difficult. You can only get hit like twice before you die (his attacks do 7 damage apiece and you only have 20 HP.) I had to use up all my items.
Then I decided to fight him three more times after beating Flowey because why not.
You get an extra line of dialogue in the sans call after you beat Flowey which is nice

I would definitely recommend a stick/bandage run if you enjoy dying to things you have never died to before (read: non-Genocide Undyne, Muffet, ASGORE)

I also did a stick/bandage Genocide run, it's literally only difficult against Undyne but hoo boy is it tough. I would definitely rank Stick/bandage Undyne the Undying as harder than sans, as I beat him first try and lost to Undyne about 30.
About a third of the battle has to be fought in her "determined mode" where your heart is always red and the attacks come faster and harder.
I'm one of those people who just resets after beating sans, I'm bad.

The game STILL has replay value, albeit less so after beating it like 8 times.

Well I just finished a stick/bandage True Pacifist run and lemme tell you
ASGORE was quite difficult. You can only get hit like twice before you die (his attacks do 7 damage apiece and you only have 20 HP.) I had to use up all my items.
Then I decided to fight him three more times after beating Flowey because why not.
You get an extra line of dialogue in the sans call after you beat Flowey which is nice

I would definitely recommend a stick/bandage run if you enjoy dying to things you have never died to before (read: non-Genocide Undyne, Muffet, ASGORE)

I also did a stick/bandage Genocide run, it's literally only difficult against Undyne but hoo boy is it tough. I would definitely rank Stick/bandage Undyne the Undying as harder than sans, as I beat him first try and lost to Undyne about 30.
About a third of the battle has to be fought in her "determined mode" where your heart is always red and the attacks come faster and harder.
I'm one of those people who just resets after beating sans, I'm bad.

The game STILL has replay value, albeit less so after beating it like 8 times.
How many hours do you have on that game?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
idr if this was linked earlier itt, but here is a list of official undertale merch I want the Toriel plushie so much!!!!!

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
idr if this was linked earlier itt, but here is a list of official undertale merch I want the Toriel plushie so much!!!!!
Is there any Europe website with Undertale merch? The products aren't cheap, but if I also have to pay for the extra shipping + my country shipping taxes then it's just too much.

I'm a huge supporter of the unit ale mods but they're SEVERELY inconsistent in terms of quality.
...And frankly some are rediculous.

Conni

katharsis
Going through True Pacifist rn, im at the Hotlands, Mettaton is bae <3
Watched many videos so I practically know everything about Undertale at this point. A sequel would be well fitting and awesome, the sound tracks are the best I've ever heard from any game.
Genocide seems really hard looking at Undyne The Undying and Sans. You die at the end anyway :/

i'm over a year late on this but i did my first three playthroughs of undertale earlier this month
the story and the characters absolutely lived up to the hype but the fucking music blew me away, jesus

everything's a variation on an earlier leitmotif and all the songs are that much deeper because of it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)