UU UnderUsed Classic I Playoffs - won by Level 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Thanks to Accelgor for the banner!

UnderUsed Classic I Playoffs
This Tournament is part of the UU Classic I. Information about the UU Classic can be found here.
~~~​

Welcome to the Playoffs of the Smogon UnderUsed Classic I, where the top 8 players from our three UU Cups will duke it out for glory, SC points, bragging rights and a snazzy new banner!

Before we get into the nitty gritty, I want to extend a huge thanks to dodmen, Pearl and Ark for hosting the individual cups. I'd also like to thank Chill Shadow and obii for assisting with keeping the points spreadsheet, and Hikari for setting the damned thing up in the first place. I also want to congratulate everyone who has made it this far.

And now to the tour...

Each series will be Bo3 with the higher seed choosing which one of the three UU Classics tiers is played first. The remaining games will use the standard "loser picks next" deciding order. As a reminder, in Gen 3 UU games, NFE Pokemon other than Scyther are not permitted.

The final standings after our three UU Cups concluded are as follows:

1. KratosMana
2. Level 56
3. M Dragon (tied in points for third, 81.82% win ratio)
4. Malekith (tied in points for third, 80% win ratio)
5. ABR (tied in points for third, 76.92% win ratio)
6. Chill Shadow (tied in points for third, 75% win ratio)
7. Kushalos (tied in points for third, 72.73% win ratio)
8. THREE WAY TIE: PDC // Star // FLCL

To break seeding ties where qualification was not at stake, we used Win/Loss Ratio. Ties where qualification is at stake will be broken by tiebreaker games:

Tiebreaker for 8th Seed
PDC v Star
PDC v FLCL
Star v FLCL
And now, for the main event...

QUARTERFINALS
v

v

v

v

SEMIFINALS
ABR
v
FLCL
Level 56 v Chill Shadow

FINALS
ABR v Level 56
No deadline, just play your games!

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard ADV, DPP and BW UU
  • Best of three, single elimination. Higher seed picks first game.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
  • Standard clauses apply.
  • All the usual Smogon rules regarding activity, timer, disconnection, and ghosting rules apply.
This tournament is included in the Smogon Championship 2017 season as:

/!\ Only the playoffs phase at the end of the 3 separate Cups (BW, DPP and ADV) will grant Smogon Championship Points (on a basis that will be adapted to the number of entries).

Please post replays, and let us know when you're playing. Good luck to all participants!

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Thanks for finishing on time, everyone. With that, we're on to the semifinals!

Semifinals
ABR
v FLCL
Level 56 v Chill Shadow
Deadline is Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 11:59 PM EST (but since we're only waiting on one game, getting it done sooner will move us into finals sooner). Good luck to all who have made it this far!

Last edited:

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
Thanks, y'all. That means we've been brought to FINALS! With months of work, SmogChamp points and a banner at stake, who will take home the title of the first ever UU Classic winner?

v

Congrats to Level 56 and ABR for making it so far. No deadline, just get this game done. Let us know when you're planning on playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)