Underused Dark Horse Project 1.1 (see post#98)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, with this month coming to an end and July is just around the corner, how did everybody feel about trying a different DH for this month? Do you want to continue with Viability Rankings, or should we go back to %'s?

Personally, I think %'s + Featured Dark Horse bonus would be a fun way to go going forward. I think it'll give everybody a fair shot if they come in at the beginning of the month, mid-month, end month, etc.. since viability can change fairly often. I'm curious to see how everybody feels.
So, with this month coming to an end and July is just around the corner, how did everybody feel about trying a different DH for this month? Do you want to continue with Viability Rankings, or should we go back to %'s?

Personally, I think %'s + Featured Dark Horse bonus would be a fun way to go going forward. I think it'll give everybody a fair shot if they come in at the beginning of the month, mid-month, end month, etc.. since viability can change fairly often. I'm curious to see how everybody feels.
Personally like viability because it seams simpler but what ever

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
My two cents:

I understand that the Viability Rankings went dynamic as ever as Omfuga held the post, so people who wanted to participate in the last moments of this round would be left behind (unless you have a screenshot of it that is updated as of July 1, or something like that--then go for it).

On the other hand, I'm very curious as to how you would sort out the Pokemon in percentages. Nevertheless, I'm also interested about it too.

[I want to participate in the Dark Horse next month, depending on the situation.]

My two cents:

I understand that the Viability Rankings went dynamic as ever as Omfuga held the post, so people who wanted to participate in the last moments of this round would be left behind (unless you have a screenshot of it that is updated as of July 1, or something like that--then go for it).

On the other hand, I'm very curious as to how you would sort out the Pokemon in percentages. Nevertheless, I'm also interested about it too.

[I want to participate in the Dark Horse next month, depending on the situation.]
Well, it would still be 1630 %s if we decide to do that and will keep it at 35%. but, ill think about it today and will decide tomorrow. I think viability is more fun as daspoofy said.

But, im temtped to use Regigigas after your Iron Chef tbh lol

So, I've decided that we will continue to use Viability Rankings for Dark Horse. I think it assists in team building more so than %'s and promotes more unique teams. I will be posting the new month tomorrow night (7/2 PM) with a screenshot of the viability rankings. Please note the following changes, which weren't as clear before, but will be added to the OP.

-You must post a screenshot as proof of fresh alt.
-As a courtesy to me, can you please post your score once you peak (i.e. XYZ replay, 1502). I think it's good to keep track of our scores.
-We are going to be adding a Leader Board as requested. This leader board will be tracking the top players from month to month. Winners will be picked every 3 months. Winners will win an actual competitive mon for their irl game. Egg moves, EV trained, the whole works. I think this will add a little more healthy competition. I'm thinking that the leader board will be broken down as the following:

A Rank-5 points
B Rank-3 points
C Rank-1 Points

Whoever has the highest score at the end of each 3 months will win. If there is a tie, then we will have a sudden death match with the top 2 player's Dark Horse teams for that month.

Keep you eyes posted for the updated OP tomorrow night!

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think this is probably the best. Honestly, I've managed to phone it in with the previous Dark Horse on several occasions simply because there are a bunch of things with minimal usage like Kyurem and Reuniclus that are actually really, really good. Basing it off viability rankings means I actually have to try harder, which is a good thing :P

Sorry I didn't get a decent team together for June; I'll try to have something fun for July.

Attention All!

Dark Horse Competition is up for July. But, with M-Pidgeot test currently going on, it definitely complicates things. You are welcome to try for Reqs during the suspect test, or wait the 2 weeks until it's over on 7/15. Either option is up to you, but you must send me proof of fresh alt, regardless.

Also, I added a Leader Board to track the top Dark Horse Players.

Going to kill two birds with one stone and get reqs with my dark horse team.

Alt:Serp is the word
its a new ladder so alt is fresh

Missed my chance in suspect and i know how to fuck up alts faster than lightining.
New Alt: Serping ur pussy

Dark Horses: Articuno Aromatisse
(I'm pretty sure I can't repeat dark horses, but if I can, then add Blissey and Moltres to those two)

Articuno @ Leftovers Unranked= 0 points
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze
- Freeze-Dry

Moltres @ Leftovers B+=2.75
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash

Forretress @ Leftovers A=3.5
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Suicune @ Leftovers A+=3.75
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers B=2.5
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Aromatisse @ Leftovers B=2.5
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Total= 15/15

Last edited:
Going to kill two birds with one stone and get reqs with my dark horse team.

Alt:Serp is the word
its a new ladder so alt is fresh

Dark Horses: Articuno Aromatisse
(I'm pretty sure I can't repeat dark horses, but if I can, then add Blissey and Moltres to those two)

Articuno @ Leftovers Unranked= 0 points
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Haze
- Freeze-Dry

Moltres @ Leftovers B+=2.75
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- Defog
- Air Slash

Forretress @ Leftovers A=3.5
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Suicune @ Leftovers A+=3.75
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Roar

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers B=2.5
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Aromatisse @ Leftovers B=2.5
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast

Total= 15/15
You can use the same dark horses, but they won't count towards your requirements. Im not going to stop you if you found a particular dark horse effective. Thats kind of the whole ppint of the project!

I tried so built something with Kabutops but it just always ended up being the standard rain team with only Kabutops and 1 other mons changed. That was pretty boring and since Kabutops cant do anything else other the sweep in rain I again dont use the featured Dark Horse. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fresh Alt:

Dragalge (F) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Camerupt-Mega (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 1 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Honchkrow (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Heat Wave

Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Trick Room
- Moonblast

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Lunar Dance
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Gallade @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Swords Dance
- Zen Headbutt
- Trick Room

Dragalge: A- / 3.25
Mega Camerupt: C / 1.5
Honchkrow: B / 2.5
Carbink: Unranked / 0
Cresselia: A / 3.5
Gallade: Unranked / 0

Total: 11.25/15

Also, Patrick1088 you have OGWanka two times in the June Champions Tab.

Edit: My Face when I realize that Whimsicott doesnt give Trick Room priority ;-;. Had to change the team a bit too because stallbreaker Hydreigon just destroyed me.

Last edited:
I tried so built something with Kabutops but it just always ended up being the standard rain team with only Kabutops and 1 other mons changed. That was pretty boring and since Kabutops cant do anything else other the sweep in rain I again dont use the featured Dark Horse. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fresh Alt:

Dragalge (F) @ Dragon Fang
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Camerupt-Mega (M) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spe
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Explosion

Honchkrow (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Heat Wave

Whimsicott (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain
- U-turn
- Trick Room

Bronzong @ Mental Herb
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball

Gallade @ Leftovers
Brave Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Trick Room

Some EVs are probably thrash, so i might change a it later.

Dragalge: A- / 3.25
Mega Camerupt: C / 1.5
Honchkrow: B / 2.5
Whimsicott: A / 3.5
Bronzong: B+ / 2.75
Gallade: Unranked / 0

Total: 13.5/15

Also, Patrick1088 you have OGWanka two times in the June Champions Tab.
Yeah i realizdd that last night. Thanks for reminding me.

But, regarding Kabutops, i was really leaning toward either Kabutops, Omastar or Braviary for this month. Water/Rock to be easier for pidge test and braviary because 4th of july. Eh, but maybe next month! If you have any suggestions for featured dh, just let me know, I'm open to suggestions!

Yeah i realizdd that last night. Thanks for reminding me.

But, regarding Kabutops, i was really leaning toward either Kabutops, Omastar or Braviary for this month. Water/Rock to be easier for pidge test and braviary because 4th of july. Eh, but maybe next month! If you have any suggestions for featured dh, just let me know, I'm open to suggestions!
aww would have loved omnastar!

Now that reqs are over for the suspect test, I'll get started on the Dark Horse for the month:

Kabutops - Unranked
Darmanitan - B+, 2.75
Mega Ampharos - A-, 3.25
Hydreigon - S, 5
Crobat - A, 3.5
Slurpuff -A-, 3.25

17.75/18

I reached reqs with what I thought was going to be my Dark Horse team submission but I did the math wrong and had 18.25 points...so I'm back to climbing up the ladder again.
17 Turtles is the alt:
upload_2015-7-16_9-56-20.png

Already. Now that the suspect test is over I will be using a new team for the rest of the month. The old team didnt really work out puls I was horribly on tilt. That I suck with Hyper Offense didnt help ether. I better use this balanced team and see if I can get better with this.

New Alt:

Houndoom-Mega (M) @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- Roost
- Toxic

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Recover

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Synthesis

Mega Houndoom: B- / 2.25
Flygon: C / 1.25
Cobalion: A / 3.5
Jellicent: B / 2.5
Rotom-H: B+ / 2.75
Roserade: B+ / 2.75

Total: 15/15

Patrick1088, could you post your screenshot of the Viabilty Rankings you mention in the first post? It would be really helpful to see if teams which are built later in the month are still in the points with the Rankings at the start of a new DH. Also the June Champions are still false :].

Edit: Broke 1300

Last edited:
Just as a note to all;

1. I'm starting to take a small break from.competitive battling for a little while,.but will still mod this forum. I have a lot of wedding stuff going on over the next few weeks, so yeah.
2. I will change the June champions tonight.
3. The viability that is listed now is fine for 2 reasons; 1. Nobody made reqsin the first half of the month due to the suspect test and 2. The viability in early July was based off of M -Pidgeot, which is irrelevant now since its BL.
4. Any suggestions for Featured Dark Horse next month? I'm thinking off a nice grass type to celebrate pidgeotite getting the boot. Thoughts?

Alt: Shiftry it

Team : Mamoswine 3.75/Machamp 2.25/Rotom-H 2.75/Meloetta 2.5/Haxorus 2.75/ Shiftry 0

15/15

Last edited:
Just as a note to all;

1. I'm starting to take a small break from.competitive battling for a little while,.but will still mod this forum. I have a lot of wedding stuff going on over the next few weeks, so yeah.
2. I will change the June champions tonight.
3. The viability that is listed now is fine for 2 reasons; 1. Nobody made reqsin the first half of the month due to the suspect test and 2. The viability in early July was based off of M -Pidgeot, which is irrelevant now since its BL.
4. Any suggestions for Featured Dark Horse next month? I'm thinking off a nice grass type to celebrate pidgeotite getting the boot. Thoughts?
Virizion, Tangrowth, Cacturne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)