UU UnderUsed Majors I - Stage Two [Round 1, Upper Bracket]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Welcome, Smogon, to the very first UU Majors! This is the premier edition of an annual UU Circuit Tour where you can test your mettle against the top players in the community. Unlike most elimination tours, where your opponent is a matter of chance, UU Majors ensures that every participant plays a broad swath of the tier's playerbase as you fight your way to the top.

The tournament is divided into two stages - a round-robin qualifier and an elimination bracket. During Stage 1, players were divided into pools, where they played in a round-robin format. The top two players of each pool will advance to Stage 2, where they will be entered into a modified elimination bracket.

Stage 2 is a modified double-elimination bracket. The first seed of each pool goes to the Upper Bracket, while the second seed goes to the Lower Bracket. Losing in the Upper Bracket sends you to the Lower Bracket, while losing in the Lower Bracket means you are eliminated.

The winner of the tournament will be awarded a banner on their user profile.

Tour Specific Rules
  • This is a standard ORAS UU tournament.
  • Stage 2 of this tournament will be a modified double-elimination bracket. Players will be placed in either the Upper Bracket or Lower Bracket, depending on their performance in the pools.
  • Stage 2 matches will be best-of-three. You may switch teams between games.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.
  • If any changes to the tier occur during Round 1, they will not be implemented until the next round.
  • I will be closely monitoring all matches for activity. I do not plan to grant extensions except under extreme circumstances, so please be proactive when contacting your opponents.
  • Saving replays is highly recommended; in the case of a dispute, you must be able to prove that you won your game.

Standard Rules & Clauses
  • Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing Pokémon.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same Pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
  • Evasion Clause: A player cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize in their Pokémon's movesets.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
  • Timer Clause: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any pokemon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play.

Round 1 Matchups (Upper Bracket):

Eternal Spirit
vs. TTFTW
Rodriblutar vs. Accelgor
Hairy Toenail vs. Pak
CBU vs. Teddeh
DrReuniclus
vs. Lcans
Shiba vs. Cyndequil.
PokeTCG gamer1288 vs. Stallion
Pearl vs. TonyFlygon

You can view both brackets here: http://challonge.com/uumajors

*** Deadline: Sunday 23 October at 11:59 EST (GMT -4) ***
Tie-break must be concluded by Sunday 16 October at 11:59 PM EST (GMT -4).

Please get your matches done. Finishing early means we can progress to the next round early. The hosts will be very strict with activity. Do not wait until the last minute to contact your opponents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Eternal Spirit vs. TTFTW - both are solid players, Eternal Spirit just seems a little bit more consistent to me
Rodriblutar vs. Accelgor - going for the underdog here, if Accelgor takes the time to prepare this set I think he can take it
Hairy Toenail vs. Pak - looking forward to a great set here as well, HT literally burned his r1 pool thats why I expect him to win but could go either way really
CBU vs. Teddeh - more tour experience overall, fully expecting Teddeh to win this set
DrReuniclus vs. Lcans - both had a great showing r1, giving it to Dr because he's more familiar with UU
Shiba vs. Cyndequil. - interesting one as well, I think Cynde can do it if he prepares well enough
PokeTCG gamer1288 vs. [winner of the Mega-Aerodactyl 4-way tiebreak Stallion] - While I like what I see from PokeTGC gamer12888 I still think Stallion is more solid overall
Pearl vs. TonyFlygon - another good set that could go either way, predicting Pearl to take it because I think he's more familiar with building right now

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Lcans and I scheduled for 7 pm gmt -4 on this upcoming Saturday, Oct. 15. No need to apologize about your english though dude. You can still speak it better than I can any other language and also thanks for being accommodating with times. It'll be fun.

Well was supposed to play this weekend, so sent 2 vm's to CBU as he said he was available on the weekend, he has since been active in those times and most likely seen his wall as i left him 2 vm's today in 2 different times, which he didn't reply to :X
My availability will be tight as I've just moved country, but it's kinda frustrating that he'd say he's available on the weekend, be active in the time in between vms and then not bother to reply after explicitly telling me he would be free during this time.
Gonna try and get this done in the coming week, but covering my ass as I've made an effort and my availability will be unpredictable.

CBU

Banned deucer.
Well was supposed to play this weekend, so sent 2 vm's to CBU as he said he was available on the weekend, he has since been active in those times and most likely seen his wall as i left him 2 vm's today in 2 different times, which he didn't reply to :X
My availability will be tight as I've just moved country, but it's kinda frustrating that he'd say he's available on the weekend, be active in the time in between vms and then not bother to reply after explicitly telling me he would be free during this time.
Gonna try and get this done in the coming week, but covering my ass as I've made an effort and my availability will be unpredictable.
uhm no it doesn't work that way. when i tell you i will be available on the weekend and i do not get an answer about a time i am not able to know if u can make it, or what time for that matter. people have schedules and u cannot pm me on smogon and say ''oh i can play now.i didn't tell if i could earlier, but i do now''. i checked smogon through phone cause i was out and thats why i didn't answer. if u want to schedule properly give a day and a set time and don't tell me 5 minutes before you can play to hop online, like my only obligation of the day is sitting on my ass waiting for your pm. we have a week to play; give me a time, a day and don't make pointless activity posts.

Last edited:
uhm no it doesn't work that way. when i tell you i will be available on the weekend and i do not get an answer about a time i am not able to know if u can make it, or what time for that matter. people have schedules and u cannot pm me on smogon and say ''oh i can play now.i didn't tell if i could earlier, but i do now''. i checked smogon through phone cause i was out and thats why i didn't answer. if u want to schedule properly give a day and a set time and don't tell me 5 minutes before you can play to hop online, like my only obligation of the day is sitting on my ass waiting for your pm. we have a week to play; give me a time, a day and don't make pointless activity posts.
Don't be active in the middle of my posts and not respond to me telling me when you're available, stop being a pleb.

CBU

Banned deucer.
Don't be active in the middle of my posts and not respond to me telling me when you're available, stop being a pleb.
There is no reason for this to be in here but then again this is the only way i am getting a proper response from you, apparently. I am available from 20:00 and onward from Tuesday to Friday. Pick a day and a specific time and inform me(not 5 minutes before) because as hard as it is for u to believe the fact that i have 5 minutes to check smogon does not mean i have an hour to play. Nothing else needs to be talked about.Out of respect to this thread and the tournament as a whole i am gonna leave it here and not comment on your so called ''activity'' the way i want to. Contact me again with a specific day and time from the timeframe i mentioned above.

Last edited:

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hey there you two and welcome to smogon and the tournaments section! Congrats on making it to round 2 of uu major and the upper bracket no less! If you guys need help scheduling for the tour I think I can help. I have done this in the past for other people as shown below and I think I can work things out between you two as well. If you need some help just send me a pm on pokemon showdown (you can find me in the Underused room normally) or send me a pm through smogon or skype. I'm sure someone can give you my skype details in the uu room through pm or you can ask me for those if you would rather do it privately. There is also a nifty guide listed here by stratos with pictures that can help you out with scheduling. I wish you two the best of luck in your match, I hope it gets done and I'll do my best to try and help you if you want me to. Also just a tip, but its usually much easier scheduling when you try and be friendly instead of throwing insults at one another and I think it'll make it a much more enjoyable experience for the both of you. :D

Edit: They both agreed to 20:00 gmt/8 pm gmt on Tuesday October 18th! We did it guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)