Underused Pokemon Matchmaking Phase 2 [Week 29 - Nasty Plot Infernape]

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With a close vote this week, Eyan squeezes by to snag the win for this week. Congratulations!

With 6 weeks passing by (again), it is now time for another Mega. This week, I decided to go with...

Submissions end Friday.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Blast

Can I just say how much I love Mixed Absol? RIP the influx of Steel Types that think they can just come in and wall me and my Gyarados cores. Hazards and Status bouncing, and insane speed make Absol an incredibly underrepresented Mega, and worthy of a slot for Clean Up Megas. Absol's incredible frailty means SD is just too inconsistent. I love reading a Chesnaught switch on a predicted Knock Off. Nothing better. I'm the first one up right now, but I'm sure by the time this is over, you'll realize the power enough that I won't bother writing it out.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
Scarf Cross is a great cleaner at 442.5 speed, whose Moxie ability means that sweeping can be done early, and strong. While the loss of Guts hurts against Prankster users, and especially T-Wave and Toxic abusers, using Heracross late game allows for OHKOs against some of the best and fastest late game mons including Scarf Krook (max damage 50.1 Stone Edge), Scarf Mienshao (max damage 61.1 High Jump Kick), Sharpedo-Mega (max damage 75% Waterfall), Sceptile-Mega ( Max Damage 61.7 Dragon Pulse) and . Heracross can take 1 hit each from these absolute monsters, and for all can OHKO without the Moxie boost. Heracross hits hard, hits fast, and is merciless. Plus Heracross laughs at Zapdos, Mence, Gyarados, Daunt, Krook, Cobalion, Umbreon, and more that Absol just can't take.

Band works well here too, hitting harder, but relying a hair more on bulk than I'd appreciate.
Guts could be amazing too if you were a god like I'm not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)