Gen 3 UnderUsed Team Rate

Ok, so this is the team I've been using in UU. I seems pretty good, I don't think I've lost any matches in UU yet. It actually beats some standard teams too. Any Help/Criticism is appreciated.

Granbull (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Return
- Roar
- Shadow Ball

Choice Band Normal lead. Roar is cause I didn't have a phazer.

Vileplume (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Spd / 224 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder

Yay Vileploom! Sleep Powder and Aromathery are the main reasons I use him. Razor Leaf chosen for crit chance.

Qwilfish (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Destiny Bond
- Endure
- Flail
- Swords Dance

Flailer. Ya. Swords Dance if I find the time (and I never do), flail to kill stuff, and Destiny Bond for things resistant to Flail. When they bring out their Quick Attacker, I just switch and wait till late game when I've paralized some stuff to bring him back out. Almost guaranteed two kills. I really like this guy.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Utility guy that is cool. =) Since Scyther kinda hurts me, Knock Off the CB to weaken him, Toxic, Recover as necessary, S Toss when possible. Swords Danceing Scyther still hurts though. Also a meh counter to Flairers and Reversalers. More of a deterent actually. Knock Off their Salac before they can activate it. Doesn't work on SubRevvers, but at least Reversal can't hit him.

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

It's Hypno. Takes special hits and sleep moves, paralizes stuff, and passes wish to everyone that doesn't have self-recovery. Which is half the team.

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 12 Spd / 72 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder Wave

Calm Minder with T Wave. Uhh...I almost never use this guy, I wanna remove him. Not sure what for. Possibly something with good defense that can phaze so I can remove Roar from Granbull

As I said, Scyther gives me some problems. I also expect Pinser to, but I haven't fought him yet.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Actually I beat this team with my UU BPass team iirc (well, you forfeited).

Needs a better normal resist then Sableye honestly.
CB Fearow will be happy Drill Pecking your whole team.

A Lunatone/Solrock/Aggron (Aggron can Roar, but IMO Solrock/Lunatone are better overall thanks the their awesome type) over Sableye would be good since Sableye isn't really doing any good for you. I mean, the only reason to use Sableye is to block Rapid Spin and you don't spike so I'd say replace it.

If you use Lunatone/Solrock over Sableye, then one of the Nidos over Slowking would be good since they can counter Scyther and Roar. Otherwise you can either keep Slowking or use Blastoise over it for Rapid Spin (I'd go with Blastoise, it can also Roar btw).

Ah, I remember that now. I don't really wanna get rid of Sableye, he's cool. Maybe change Qwilfish to the Spike version and use Pinsir For Reversaling?

You should consider Fake Out on Sableye. Ninetails can Roar, but it is a little frail. It can WoW if you need it. I do not have much else to say. Grumpig can replace Hypno if you want, but it looks good enough I guess.

Ok, so this is the team I've been using in UU. I seems pretty good, I don't think I've lost any matches in UU yet. It actually beats some standard teams too. Any Help/Criticism is appreciated.

- Earthquake
- Return
- Roar
- Shadow Ball

If you get a Phazer, heal bell > roar. Granbull might not be the best poke to use it with, but who else learns it? :P Im not an expert on speed, but I'd give him 136 speed EVs to outspeed weezing and anything else that might try to WoW you.

- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder

Yay Vileploom! Sleep Powder and Aromathery are the main reasons I use him. Razor Leaf chosen for crit chance.

Yay indeed ^_^ aromatherapy is nice, but if you use heal bell on granny, consider victreebel, shiftry of cacturne. Be wary of the hampering effect weather conditions have on moonlight. Leech seed & giga drain > moonlight and razor leaf would work, especially with sleep powder. You have no SpAtk EVs, so razor leaf is kinda moot. 244/40/224 (hp, speed, sdef) gives you some more attacking power, and 352 hp for lefties. What are the 32 speed EVs for outspeeding?

- Destiny Bond
- Endure
- Flail
- Swords Dance

Flailer. Ya. Swords Dance if I find the time (and I never do), flail to kill stuff, and Destiny Bond for things resistant to Flail. When they bring out their Quick Attacker, I just switch and wait till late game when I've paralized some stuff to bring him back out. Almost guaranteed two kills. I really like this guy.

Looks great on paper. Destiny bond is a cool idea, but wouldn't shadow ball be better for taking down that solrock instead of kamikazeing? The lack of an attacking move hurts. Destiny bond would be something to consider if u had a spare moveslot. Maybe get rid of SD if u never use it.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Utility guy that is cool. =) Since Scyther kinda hurts me, Knock Off the CB to weaken him, Toxic, Recover as necessary, S Toss when possible. Swords Danceing Scyther still hurts though. Also a meh counter to Flairers and Reversalers. More of a deterent actually. Knock Off their Salac before they can activate it. Doesn't work on SubRevvers, but at least Reversal can't hit him.

Camerupt could be used for utility here. It's immune to twave and WoW, and can use explosion, eruption, howl (o_O) roar and toxic. STAB on fire AND ground is nice.

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

It's Hypno. Takes special hits and sleep moves, paralizes stuff, and passes wish to everyone that doesn't have self-recovery. Which is half the team.

Hypno is awesome, but I dont like seismic toss as an only attacking move. I never use it on blissey, so consider 152 SpA EVs and ice punch > SToss. I've used a subpunching set (>protect & SToss) to great effect, awesome blissey counter.

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder Wave

Calm Minder with T Wave. Uhh...I almost never use this guy, I wanna remove him. Not sure what for. Possibly something with good defense that can phaze so I can remove Roar from Granbull

As I said, Scyther gives me some problems. I also expect Pinser to, but I haven't fought him yet.
slowbro is the bro with high defense, and defense is what you need. the moveset can stay the same, but you can run 244/0/172/0/92/0. Modest or calm will work with this spread

Solrock can deal with scyther. considering your lack of special offense oustide of slowbro, sunnybeaming 'plume could work.

Bulky waters seem to wall you some. Hp electric on slowbro?

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Slowbro is BL therefore can't be used.
Solrock can't deal with Scyther since it's weak to Scyther main's STAB move (Silver Wind/HP Bug)

I suggest Hidden Power Grass over Razor Leaf on Vileplume, unless it is a non-Shoddy battle team (if it is ingame, then it's too hard), otherwise try Giga Drain...

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I suggest Hidden Power Grass over Razor Leaf on Vileplume, unless it is a non-Shoddy battle team (if it is ingame, then it's too hard), otherwise try Giga Drain...
It's quite obviously Netbattle.

You don't really need a phazer in UU, but if you severely need it, Altaria and Blastoise do decent jobs. Kangaskhan can use it to an extent, but it has better things to do.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Pinsir with HP Bug will have fun with this team, esp. after Qwilfish is dead. A Gligar>Granbull will help with that, but as a CBer it's not as powerful so you're probably better off with the swords dance version.

I've had decent experience with UU, so I'll make an attempt at this.

- Earthquake
- Return
- Roar
- Shadow Ball

Looks good. What's the 56 Spd for? 45 base speed never outruns much. Dump perhaps 8 into speed and but the rest in defense to take physical hits a little better w/ Intimidate.

- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight
- Razor Leaf
- Sleep Powder

HP Grass over Razor Leaf, no questions asked. IIRC Razor Leaf doesn't even have 100% acc. I like Leech Seed > Moonlight, especially since Slowking really likes it, and Hypno and Granbull enjoy it a lot too. Oh, and Vileplume is so OU in UU he's not cool anymore D=

- Destiny Bond
- Endure
- Flail
- Swords Dance

Don't see too many problems here, but once they've seen that you're a flailer, a good player is going to keep his Quick Attacker. You've only got one guy to deal with Gligar, the most popular one, and Slowking definitely doesn't enjoy SDed EQs, no matter how many EVs you've pumped into it.

Sableye (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Recover
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Scyther is BL IIRC? I'd consider dumping a bit more into defense here, as Fearow's taking on a lot of your team. I've seen Fearows do 5 poké sweeps, and you've got no Flying resist.

Hypno (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Wish

No problems here. However, I'd suggest Light Screen somewhere. Actually, SubPetaya Manectric is taking on your entire team. I'm pretty sure Razor Leaf won't break it's sub, meaning it can kill off your Vileplume, which was supposed to be your electric counter.

Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunder Wave

No problems here.

The main problem I see here is a lack of no-setup sweeping. Honestly I've tried Granbull and he's sucked for me. I usually prefer Fearow. You have no Ground resist, nor a Flying resist. Solrock resists both of these, and Solrock is a natural answer to most CBers anyway.
I've mentioned before Manectric and Fearow problems, and I'm pretty sure SubReversal Primeape does a number on your team too. I'm not that sure of what to make of your team.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
I can't recall the last time Primeape was a threat to Slowking, Hypno, and Sableye when they're all on the same team.

Last time I used him, he sweeped an entire team (w/Slowking/Hypno/Vileplume/Golem/Stantler/Shuckle) with Reversal/HP Ghost/Bulk Up and Substitute. Sableye is a problem, but he's taking tons of damage with so few defense EVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)