1. The moderators of this forum are Hikari, Hogg, Ark, and Pearl.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Underused Teambuilding Competition (on hiatus for UU Open)

Discussion in 'UnderUsed' started by TSR, May 28, 2017.

1. TSR

TSR -_-
    is a Tiering Contributor

Approved by Hikari
    Shamelessly stolen adapted from the doubles teambuilding competition

UnderUsed Teambuilding Competition

[Banner Pending]

Welcome to the UU Teambuilding Competiton! This will be weekly competition which you can join at any time. Each week, there will be a core, set, theme, or Pokemon posted, and then you will post an importable of a team featuring the given concept! This should look like a condensed RMT; a post will require an import and (brief) description of the teambuilding process to count. After a five days, the submissions will close and then you can cast your vote for the best team. The winner of the week will then get put into the hall of fame with their team on display for anyone to see!
    Rules (read these first):

1. Five (5) days of submission of teams and discussion. Post your entry on the thread, and be sure to use the following format:
      Code:
      <sprites> 
      [hide=Importable][/hide] 
      [hide=Description][/hide]

2. Two (2) days of voting for the winning team
    Submitting Teams: Please include the following when submitting your teams. Post your enty on the thread!
    • Optional but recommended: sprites. Setting to choose "sprites" in the sprites category in this sprite converter (http://fulllifegamer.bplaced.net/format.php) will help me TREMENDOUSLY.
    • Importable of your team in a hide tag
    • A brief description of your teambuilding process and how the team plays in another hide tag together. (Use 2 hidetags)
    Note: If you're using sprites, place them outside of the hide tags!

Discussion and Changes: Feel free to discuss people's teams in this thread. People can make suggestions to other people's team but only to an extent. A full rate would be best left to the RMT subforum, and a big overhaul on a team by someone else would defeat the purpose of this thread. Small recommendations such as a nature change or slight EV tweaking are game, though.

Winning: If you win, then congratulations! You'll have your name and team featured on the UU Teambuilding Hall of Fame.

Copying Teams: Please don't. This ruins the concept of "competition". If you do copy someone's team, you will be automatically disqualified for the week. If you suspect someone of doing this, PM me. Hopefully this wont be an actual issue.

On Bandwagoning / Namevoting: Please don't do this either. Just vote for whatever team you think is the best. There's no need to vote for someone because they already have a lot of other votes. In addition: if you participated in the week, please do not ask for people to vote for you. There's no fun in the competition if you get a big number of votes from people that might not even post otherwise.

On Suggestions: If you have any suggestions for this thread, feel free to suggest them to me (through PM please). They will be considered, but no promises on whether they'll actually be implemented or not.

On Slashes: In play, you can only bring four moves; so in the case of this thread, please do not use slashes. The team should be reflective of your skill as a builder, and have choices that you feel comfortable with.

Tiers: A week is for SM UU unless stated otherwise. For variety's sake, I'll switch up the generation from time to time so you can show off your ADV, DPP, BW, and ORAS teams as well!

HALL OF FAME
    Week 1: Celebi by Eyan
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

importable (open)

Celebi @ Bluk Berry
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Seed Bomb
    - Natural Gift
    - Sucker Punch

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Scald
    - Psyshock
    - Calm Mind
    - Slack Off

Cobalion @ Iron Plate
    Ability: Justified
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Stealth Rock

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
    Ability: Tough Claws
    Adamant Nature
    - Wing Attack
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Sludge Wave
    - Flamethrower

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Defog
    - Knock Off
    - Toxic

description (open)

Okay, so I decided to try to be a little more unorthodox with my Celebi, so I went with an SD lure set. Right now, the most common initial switch-ins to Celebi are Latias or Scizor / Hydreigon and then scouting for Hidden Power Fire / Dazzling Gleam. The set I rolled with is designed to mess around with the former two, as +2 Sucker Punch OHKOes Latias after Stealth Rock (50% chance prior to that), and Natural Gift Fire (Watmel Berry is unreleased) allows Celebi to lure and KO Scizor. It also does a good amount to Metagross. I do lose out on Psychic-type STAB, which is a pain, but that's why I decided to run dual Psychic-types alongside Waterium Z Slowbro, which is nice to deal with Fighting-types that run Knock Off a lot, and it's also my main Scald switch-in, considering that SD Celebi doesn't exactly appreciate being burned by Scald, Natural Cure or not. It also acts as my Mega Aerodactyl check and doesn't get 2HKOed by Scarf Krook's Knock Off. There's probably more to it but that's what there is off the top of my head. Cobalion was the natural choice for me next because it checks the most annoying stuff to the team atm in Bisharp, Mega Sharpedo, and Scizor (granted offensive Scizor is still annoying). Iron Plate since I wanted to actually do some decent damage to things like Clefable, and I didn't really need something like Shuca Berry on this team so far. Mega Aerodactyl is the obligatory Flying-resistant Pokemon and Ground immunity. Earthquake helps to check Raikou and Aqua Tail helps to mitigate the Krookodile annoyance. At this stage, I had a few things I wanted to cover: Raikou and Clefable were still annoying + a Choice Scarf user wouldn't hurt, so I opted for Scarf Nidoking. With Cobalion and CM Slowbro in the back, the fact that Nidoking is significantly weaker without a Life Orb isn't as bothersome, and I can surprise Raikou to catch an OHKO after Stealth Rock or just a 2HKO after a Calm Mind. Hard switching into it is pretty interesting to see how they react; players tend to just stay in if they HP Ice the Nidoking on the switch. Some other neat stuff you catch with Nidoking here is fast Gliscor, non-Scarf Gengar, 2HKOing Latias if they switch into Ice Beam, and weakened Mega Aerodactyl. Empoleon was added last as a way to glue the team together, and a Defogger. It also doubles as my main switch-in to Latias and Scarf Gengar. Overall, the team really isn't meant to be played completely passively. It has options for pivoting between Slowbro and Empoleon, but to win with Celebi, you basically just need to get rid of Dark-types like Bisharp, Scarf Krook, and Mega Aerodactyl and Togekiss, chip down stuff like Metagross, etc. Find a way to get it in against something like a Keldeo's Secret Sword from there, and go to town. This team obviously isn't the most standard or consistent in a sense; it's used to take advantage of common trends and tendencies that people like to do with the current metagame.

alternative options for the team:
    • Waterium Z -> Leftovers on Slowbro and Iron Plate -> Steelium Z on Cobalion: Eases the Clefable matchup and bops stuff like Amoonguss for Celebi.
    • Aqua Tail -> Pursuit on Mega Aerodactyl: Pursuit traps Gengar for the most part. Some other cool options would be Crunch for Latias or Ice Fang to hit Latias, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Gliscor all in one, albeit weaker against 2 of them.
    • Sludge Wave / Earth Power -> Poison Jab / Earthquake on Nidoking: This really boils down to preference. Poison Jab ensures the 2HKO on Clefable no matter how much it sets up with Calm Mind, while Earthquake ensures the OHKO after Stealth Rock on Raikou no matter what. Earthquake is normally incredibly subpar on the Life Orb set, but without the whole Sheer Force + Life Orb = no recoil effect, it's not as big of a deal.

Week 2: Cofagrigus by Cynde
    Importable (open)

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head

Jolly Nature
    - Wing Attack
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Tail
    - Pursuit

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    EVs: 160 HP / 200 Def / 148 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Recycle
    - Facade
    - Fire Punch

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
    Ability: Mummy
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Trick Room
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]

Latias @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Trick
    - Draco Meteor

Primarina @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 28 Def / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Psychic
    - Hydro Pump
    - Sparkling Aria

description (open)

yes this is almost entirely dodmen's team. and yes, it was coincidence that the teams ended up being near identical. Bouff said to use Cofag vs Hogg so I built this around Cofag + Papalax (yes it should run Iapapa Berry and should be called Papalax). there isn't anything very interesting about this other than the snorlax which takes less than half from primarina attacks, pivots into latias and raikou with ease and even has a decent chance of taking less than half from jolly sharpedo attacks. in any case this snorlax set proved to be the mvp in that game. primarina has 28 def to take 0 atk +2 gliscor eq and sparkling aria > scald because it goes through subs. lati has trick to cripple clef and ice beam to nail gliscor. aero is there to pursuit ghosts like gengar so snorlax has an easier time. cobalion and primarina absorb the dark type attacks aimed at cofag and snorlax absorbs the ghost type ones.

Week 3: Mega Swampert by col49
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    import (open)

Swampert @ Swampertite
    Ability: Damp
    EVs: 48 HP / 228 Atk / 12 Def / 4 SpD / 216 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Azelf @ Focus Sash
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Taunt
    - Explosion
    - Knock Off

Latias @ Electrium Z
    EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Psychic
    - Thunder

Scizor @ Occa Berry
    Ability: Technician
    EVs: 88 HP / 224 Atk / 12 SpD / 184 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - Bug Bite
    - Superpower

Infernape @ Choice Band
    Ability: Blaze
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Flare Blitz
    - Mach Punch
    - U-turn

Crobat
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 128 HP / 176 Atk / 20 SpD / 184 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Acrobatics
    - Roost
    - Taunt
    - U-turn

description (open)

sup buddies. i like m-pert a lot from an offensive team's standpoint b.c it serves as one of the most consistent pokemon to counterplay pursuit traps in the tier, a process so overwhelmingly common that i hate it has only really had arguably shuca dubdance cobalion to play off effectively. bearing that in mind, i fashioned an ho looking to facilitate pert in the most proficient manner i could, prompting the traditional revenge-killing angle on latias (while of course having it serve as a breaker in the process), and utilizing mid-game offensive outlets like cb ape and sd sciz in order to open up balances and offenses alike for it. crobat is a pokemon i've come to accept that, with the bump in speed in the meta and m-aero not necessarily being the mega for every team every time, is ok sometimes. being able to soft-check certain pokemon while keeping pressure via taunt is valuable, in addition to further baiting aero.

Week 4: Togekiss by A Cake Wearing A Hat (OUTDATED; Buzzwole banned)

Importable (open)

Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Air Slash
    - Roost
    - Heal Bell

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    Jolly Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head
    - Volt Switch

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
    Ability: Mega Launcher
    EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Water Pulse
    - Dark Pulse
    - Aura Sphere
    - Rapid Spin

Latias (F) @ Electrium Z
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Thunder
    - Calm Mind

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
    Ability: Beast Boost
    EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Roost
    - Hammer Arm
    - Poison Jab
    - Earthquake

Description (open)

I decided to build around Nasty Plot Togekiss rather than T-wave Toge because I'm not evil. The first thing I did was add a Ground-type mon to deal with the Poison, Rock, Electric and Steel types that check Togekiss. I went with Scarf Krookodile as my pick because it's the best Ground-type i could think of to deal with Xurkitree. With Pursuit support and speed control checked off of my list early, I decided to then shift towards finding a solid check to Mamoswine and Weavile, so I went with Shuca Pivot Cobalion. This gives me a solid check to both as well as rocks and a way to gain momentum. I added Mega Blastoise for hazard removal, Water attacks, raw power, and more bulk. I went for CM Electrium Latias next as a win condition and way to pressure Water-types and Poison-types. I then tacked on Buzzwole at the end because my team was pretty weak to ice and I didn't want Cobalion to be the only one able to take hits from them. I went with Roost 3 Attacks since I don't really like SubPunch and I didn't need more setup in the form of Bulk Up. I could probably have also gone with a Choice Band set, but i decided not to. All in all, this is a bulky offense team with Togekiss+Krook as the main core.

Week 5: Buzzwole by Lord Esche (OUTDATED; Buzzwole banned)

Importable (open)
    Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
    Ability: Tangled Feet
    Timid Nature
    - Hurricane
    - Heat Wave
    - U-turn
    - Roost

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
    EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Stealth Rock
    - Defog
    - Toxic

Buzzwole @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 24 Atk / 116 Def / 12 SpD / 104 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Ice Punch
    - Earthquake
    - Bulk Up
    - Roost

Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

Latias @ Electrium Z
    EVs: 16 HP / 32 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pixilate
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Hyper Voice
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Heal Bell

Description (open)
    This team consists of the offensive core of AoA Mega Pidgeot and Z-Thunder Latias, backed up by the incredibly potent defensive core of Buzzwole, Sylveon and Empoleon, and completed by Choice Scarf Krookodile.
    • Z-Thunder Latias aims to remove Empoleon, the number one check to Mega Pidgeot in the tier by usage at the moment, after a single Calm Mind boost with Gigavolt Havoc. The spread always avoids the 2HKO from Choice Scarf Krookodile's Pursuit, as well as the OHKO from the occassional Crunch.

• Stealth Rock + Defog on Empoleon, because I'm not insane enough to run Scarf rocks. Toxic to deal with Primarina and CM Latias better, even though Roar can also work in that spot, and Shuca Berry over Leftovers to help with Mega Aerodactyl, which can be a pain. Sylveon gets a good amount of opportunities to heal Empoleon with Wish, so it's not that big of a deal giving up passive recovery.

• Bulk Up Buzzwole makes sure this team doesn't get swept by Mega Swampert, beats bulky SD Scizor 1v1, is a Mamoswine check, and so on and so on ... y'all know this 'mon is great. Ice Punch + Earthquake is my preferred coverage of choice on this team: Ice + Ground is incredible coverage (see Mamoswine) that hits a number of its supposed checks super-effectively. Losing out on both of Buzzwole's STAB might seem like a weird choice, but this thing isn't actually supposed to hit hard from he get-go. It is moreso tailored to succeed in its defensive role as well as a late-game sweeper. The spread takes 2 Rain Boosted Waterfalls from Mega Swampert after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.

• Choice Scarf Krookodile provides the team with an electric immunity, fast revenge killer and Pursuit trapper, while also offering support with Intimidate. It is supposed to help dealing with CM Raikou, Xurkitree and Mega Aerodactyl, all of which can annoy Mega Pidgeot.

• Wish/Cleric Sylveon in the last spot, completing the defensive core and providing the team with a Dragon immunity, much more reliable Dark resist, Buzzwole switch-in (!!) and is overall a great utility 'mon (B- my ass LOL).

Changes I have considered/tested:
    • The team struggles versus stall, but that can be somewhat mitigated by opting for the Work Up + Refresh set on Pidgeot instead of the AoA variant.

• CM BoltBeam on Latias lessens the need for Ice Punch on Buzzwole, therefore opening a slot for Lunge/Leech Life, which allows it to take on/pressure bulky Psychic types (Reuniclus for example is a problem). This, however, does come at the cost of a powerful STAB move, which leaves Latias with fewer options to successfully apply pressure in some situations.

Week 6: Hydreigon by A Cake Wearing A Hat
    Importable (open)

Hugs (Xurkitree) @ Electrium Z
    Timid Nature
    - Tail Glow
    - Thunderbolt
    - Grass Knot
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Riggan Thomson (Hawlucha) @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Unburden
    EVs: 28 HP / 248 Atk / 232 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Acrobatics
    - High Jump Kick
    - Substitute

Rainbow Sherbet (Muk-Alola) @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Poison Touch
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Knock Off
    - Poison Jab
    - Pursuit
    - Shadow Sneak

Axolotl (Swampert) @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earthquake
    - Scald
    - Roar

TM81 (Scizor) @ Iron Plate
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Punch
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    - Swords Dance

ORAS (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn

Description (open)

So, for this team I started out with the idea of Xurk+Hawlucha as a core since Xurkitree wallbreaks and Hawlucha sweeps + counters Krookodile. In order to beat Latias and to give Hawlucha an easier time using High Jump Kick, I added pursuit support in the form of Alolan Muk. I then addressed my problems with Mega Aerodactyl and Mamoswine by adding Swampert and Scizor (Swampert also got stealth rocks out of the way). The scizor was originally bulky SD, but it really didn't perform up to par in the new meta so I changed it over to Choice Band, and then eventually I changed it over to offensive SD because I got screwed over too many times by Protect Sylveon. I then added the mon this week's all about, Hydreigon, to fill the role of a dragon, revenge killer, speed control, and generally just another special attacker since the only other one on my team was Xurkitree. So, there you have it. This is the team I've been using for almost a month now. Enjoy.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    talkingtree, Paraplegic, eht and 7 others like this.
  2. TSR

TSR -_-
    is a Tiering Contributor

With that, lets get this underway! For the first week we'll be building around...

[​IMG]

Celebi! Reintroduced to UU in the later stages of Generation 6, Celebi proves to be a potent sweeper with access to Nasty Plot and a myriad of useful coverage moves such as Dazzling Gleam, Shadow Ball, Earth Power, and its choice of Hidden Power. In addition, its ability Natural Cure makes it tough to wear down with passive damage and will usually be a massive pain for slower teams. The introduction of Z-moves in Sun and Moon also make Celebi's sweeping abilities even more deadly, though with the rise of threats like Scizor, Latias, and Choice Scarf Krookodile make it a little less effective in the SM UU metagame. Celebi's great 100 base stats across the board and access to a different slew of useful supportive options such as Leech Seed, Stealth Rock, U-turn and Healing Wish also allow it to take on non-sweeping roles effectively as well, allowing itself to fit a variety of useful roles on a team.

Submission deadline is Friday at 8 pm EDT!
    Paraplegic, eht, LeoLancaster and 8 others like this.
  3. Renny_

Renny_

Importable (open)

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Pursuit
    - Stone Edge

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Liquid Ooze
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Rapid Spin
    - Scald
    - Toxic Spikes

Clefable @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Soft-Boiled
    - Moonblast
    - Healing Wish

Ability: Unnerve
    Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail
    - Hone Claws

Scizor @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Bullet Punch
    - U-turn
    - Roost

Description (open)
    A pretty standard team i built for this project. I started with Celebi and Krookodile, a classic core where krooko is supposted to trap Latias, the most common Celebi check. Meanwhile Celebi helps krookodile with his common checks, like Hippowdon or Clefable. Nothing to say about sets, i chose colbur celebi to beat krooko-bisharp after 1 NP and to prevent any possible mindgame between knock off and pursuit. I added tentacruel as a bulky water to check things such as scizor/primarina and other threats like cobalion; it also gives me a rapid spinner. I preferred sludge bomb instead an Acidspray/haze cause i don't think i actually need them here and i prefer to hit harder mons like keldeo and primarina. Then i chose clefable as dragon immunity and rocks setter. I went for a full defensive spread cause i wanted to check Aerodactyl and Sharpedo, and i chose healing wish to help aerodactyl and celebi, since they don't have an active recovery. Aerodactyl is my ground immunity and flying check. Since i was already using krooko as pursuitter, i decided to make it Hone Claws+3 Atks. As last member i picked up scizor. I was hesitant on which scizor set i should use, Offensive SD+3 atks or bulky. I opted for the bulky one cause i think it's better here. Basically the team should revolve around celebi and aerodactyl and how they can break through the defensive cores of the metagame.

I'm not really sure if a team like this one can fit in this project, but let's try. Sorry if my english is dogshit, working on it. Feel free to rate it if you want, i really want to improve myself as a builder.
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. Nightingales

Nightingales

importable (open)

Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Celebi @ Colbur Berry
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Wing Attack
    - Aqua Tail
    - Taunt

Empoleon @ Shuca Berry
    Modest Nature
    - Scald
    - Flash Cannon
    - Ice Beam
    - Defog

Cobalion @ Steelium Z
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Stealth Rock
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head

Latias @ Soul Dew
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Roost

Description (open)
    Basically started with Krook / Celebi. Krook breaks steels, opposing Psychics, and ghosts, while also being able to nab pursuits. Celebi just dismantles defensive teams, and is absolutely horrible for other teams to play sometimes. Taunt Mega Aerodactyl helps prevent suicide leads getting hazards up, and can kill annoying flying types that would stop Celebi Sweeping. Empoleon is a good fairy check, offensive can chunk things like Clefairy even at +1, and Shuca can dent some other annoying Ground Types. Steelium Z Cobalion to beat other annoying Faeries and put the hurt on Steel and Rock Types. CM Latias is just a second Wincon that can still sweep teams once steels have been removed.
  5. A Cake Wearing A Hat

A Cake Wearing A Hat

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

importable (open)

Celebi @ Psychium Z
    Timid Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Flamethrower
    - Moonblast
    - Soft-Boiled

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Relaxed Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Roar

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-turn
    - Fire Blast

Metagross @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
    Adamant Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Pursuit

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
    Serious Nature
    - Facade
    - Drain Punch
    - Knock Off
    - Mach Punch

description (open)

I got inspired to build a Celebi team earlier today after realizing that fire move Clefable deals relatively well with several Celebi checks people tend to use, such as Scizor, Hydreigon, and some Latias (Dragonium and non-cm variants). I then added Swampert as a solid fire resist, rocks setter, and Maero counter. Then, I added some speed control in Scarf Hydreigon, which deals with opposing psychic types and is a nice revenge killer with a good set of resistances. I then added AV pursuit Metagross as a solid answer to Clefable and Latias, and Conkeldurr for the additional Dark resist, source of priority, and wallbreaking capabilities. Psychium is on Celebi in order to provide a good nuke on it, and the speed on Clefable creeps things that creep things that creep Scizor because I'm paranoid. A solid bulky offense team where you have Conkeldurr and Celebi to deal with defensive cores, and Clefable, Swampert, Hydreigon, and Metagross to deal with most of the major offensive threats in the metagame.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  6. iRebel

iRebel

[I'll add sprites when I get on my computer, sorry!]

Importable (open)

Celebi @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 148 SpD / 20 Spe
    Bold Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Recover
    - U-turn
    - Psychic

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Guts
    EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Facade
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Knock Off

Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    - Aqua Tail
    - Wing Attack

Scizor @ Leftovers
    EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
    Impish Nature
    - Defog
    - Roost
    - U-turn
    - Bullet Punch

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
    Ability: Oblivious
    Shiny: Yes
    Timid Nature
    - Substitute
    - Fire Blast
    - Sludge Wave
    - Nasty Plot

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Scald
    - Earthquake
    - Toxic
    - Recover

Description (open)

With this team I didn't want to take the basic NP Celebi+Scarf Pursuit route. Instead I wanted to take advantage of Celebi's common switching and pivotong out with pursuit. I started with the basic defensive rocks celebi set which has been nice since it helps team with Keldeo and Cobalion. I am running psychic on celebi for Cobalion specifically it still does hit Keldeo too. Flame Orb Conk was added because most of Celebi's checks are Dark and Steel types such as Bisharp, Sharpedo, Hydreigon, Mega-Absol, Scizor, And Klefki all of which Conk can threaten to do massive damage with either Drain Punch/Mach Punch.
    Next, I wanted something that could check offensive birds like Talonflame and also pursuit trap Latias, so Mega-Aerodactyl fit perfectly. My next Mon had to be something that could switch into latias and also defog to help with all the pivoting I'd be doing so scizor was the perfect choice it also helps with clefables lacking flamethrower. Gastrodon was added to sponge fire type moves that scizor would be taking and also checking Mega Aerodactyl, Raikou, and Krookodile. Towards the end I realized the final member had be able kill Scizor and threaten Clefable's. Salazzle was a neat choice being able to threaten more offensive teams and some BO you can usually sub verse clefable or scizor as they won't be staying in most of the time. Poisonium-Z is also cool as it can OHKO latias with a +2 Acid Downpour and some other offensive Mons.

Sorry for the rushed descriptions and not showing calcs I'm on mobile and can't do much.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  7. Eyan

Eyan the great one with wings of steel
    is a Tutoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

For TSR: [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    importable (open)

Celebi @ Bluk Berry
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Seed Bomb
    - Natural Gift
    - Sucker Punch

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
    Ability: Regenerator
    EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Psyshock
    - Calm Mind
    - Slack Off

Cobalion @ Iron Plate
    Jolly Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Close Combat
    - Swords Dance
    - Stealth Rock

Adamant Nature
    - Wing Attack
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Timid Nature
    - Earth Power
    - Ice Beam
    - Sludge Wave
    - Flamethrower

Empoleon @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 HP / 228 SpD / 28 Spe
    Calm Nature
    - Scald
    - Defog
    - Knock Off
    - Toxic

description (open)

Okay, so I decided to try to be a little more unorthodox with my Celebi, so I went with an SD lure set. Right now, the most common initial switch-ins to Celebi are Latias or Scizor / Hydreigon and then scouting for Hidden Power Fire / Dazzling Gleam. The set I rolled with is designed to mess around with the former two, as +2 Sucker Punch OHKOes Latias after Stealth Rock (50% chance prior to that), and Natural Gift Fire (Watmel Berry is unreleased) allows Celebi to lure and KO Scizor. It also does a good amount to Metagross. I do lose out on Psychic-type STAB, which is a pain, but that's why I decided to run dual Psychic-types alongside Waterium Z Slowbro, which is nice to deal with Fighting-types that run Knock Off a lot, and it's also my main Scald switch-in, considering that SD Celebi doesn't exactly appreciate being burned by Scald, Natural Cure or not. It also acts as my Mega Aerodactyl check and doesn't get 2HKOed by Scarf Krook's Knock Off. There's probably more to it but that's what there is off the top of my head. Cobalion was the natural choice for me next because it checks the most annoying stuff to the team atm in Bisharp, Mega Sharpedo, and Scizor (granted offensive Scizor is still annoying). Iron Plate since I wanted to actually do some decent damage to things like Clefable, and I didn't really need something like Shuca Berry on this team so far. Mega Aerodactyl is the obligatory Flying-resistant Pokemon and Ground immunity. Earthquake helps to check Raikou and Aqua Tail helps to mitigate the Krookodile annoyance. At this stage, I had a few things I wanted to cover: Raikou and Clefable were still annoying + a Choice Scarf user wouldn't hurt, so I opted for Scarf Nidoking. With Cobalion and CM Slowbro in the back, the fact that Nidoking is significantly weaker without a Life Orb isn't as bothersome, and I can surprise Raikou to catch an OHKO after Stealth Rock or just a 2HKO after a Calm Mind. Hard switching into it is pretty interesting to see how they react; players tend to just stay in if they HP Ice the Nidoking on the switch. Some other neat stuff you catch with Nidoking here is fast Gliscor, non-Scarf Gengar, 2HKOing Latias if they switch into Ice Beam, and weakened Mega Aerodactyl. Empoleon was added last as a way to glue the team together, and a Defogger. It also doubles as my main switch-in to Latias and Scarf Gengar. Overall, the team really isn't meant to be played completely passively. It has options for pivoting between Slowbro and Empoleon, but to win with Celebi, you basically just need to get rid of Dark-types like Bisharp, Scarf Krook, and Mega Aerodactyl and Togekiss, chip down stuff like Metagross, etc. Find a way to get it in against something like a Keldeo's Secret Sword from there, and go to town. This team obviously isn't the most standard or consistent in a sense; it's used to take advantage of common trends and tendencies that people like to do with the current metagame.

alternative options for the team:
    • Waterium Z -> Leftovers on Slowbro and Iron Plate -> Steelium Z on Cobalion: Eases the Clefable matchup and bops stuff like Amoonguss for Celebi.
    • Aqua Tail -> Pursuit on Mega Aerodactyl: Pursuit traps Gengar for the most part. Some other cool options would be Crunch for Latias or Ice Fang to hit Latias, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Gliscor all in one, albeit weaker against 2 of them.
    • Sludge Wave / Earth Power -> Poison Jab / Earthquake on Nidoking: This really boils down to preference. Poison Jab ensures the 2HKO on Clefable no matter how much it sets up with Calm Mind, while Earthquake ensures the OHKO after Stealth Rock on Raikou no matter what. Earthquake is normally incredibly subpar on the Life Orb set, but without the whole Sheer Force + Life Orb = no recoil effect, it's not as big of a deal.
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  8. TSR

TSR -_-
    is a Tiering Contributor

Decided to hold the submissions open a little longer, glad i did!
    But with that, voting time! Just post the name of user you're voting for.

Renny_ [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Nightingales [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    A Cake Wearing A Hat [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    iRebel [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Eyan [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Voting ends Sunday at 8 pm EDT!
  9. A Cake Wearing A Hat

A Cake Wearing A Hat

I'm gonna vote for Eyan's SD Celebi team because it counterteams birdspam.
    TSR likes this.
  10. HotFuzzBall

HotFuzzBall im bored now
    is a Pre-Contributor

Voting Eyan, sd celebi is pretty decent actually since it was able to lure Pokemon like Latias and such, 10/10 for creativity
    TSR likes this.
  11. Renny_

Renny_

EYAN
    TSR likes this.
  12. iRebel

iRebel

Nightingales
    TSR likes this.
  13. Adaam

Adaam
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Eyan
    TSR likes this.
  14. Amane Misa

Amane Misa

Voting for Eyan. Nice Celebi set.
    TSR likes this.
  15. TSR

TSR -_-
    is a Tiering Contributor

Voting time's up! Eyan wins the first week with 5 votes, congrats!
    (For future reference, if there happens to be a tie, I'll break it myself to keep things simple.)

[​IMG]

For week 2 we're gonna build with Cofagrigus! A niche pick in UU, Cofagrigus relives some of its former glory from the BW days with the the introduction of Z-moves, allowing it to be a decent Trick Room sweeper. It's massive defenses, Ghost typing, and unique ability also give it the ability to neuter many physically-oriented threats such as Conkeldurr, Cobalion, and Mega Aerodactyl. In addition to its classic Nasty Plot + Trick Room set, it also has access to useful moves like Will-O-Wisp, Haze, Toxic Spikes, and Pain Split, making it an uncommon but solid choice for some bulkier teams as well.

Deadline for sumbmission is once again Friday, 8 PM EDT (GMT -4)!
  16. Cynde

Cynde
    is an official Team Rateris a Community Contributor

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen7uu-278787 vs Hogg

Importable (open)

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head

Jolly Nature
    - Wing Attack
    - Stone Edge
    - Aqua Tail
    - Pursuit

Snorlax @ Iapapa Berry
    Ability: Gluttony
    EVs: 160 HP / 200 Def / 148 SpD
    Careful Nature
    - Curse
    - Recycle
    - Facade
    - Fire Punch

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Trick Room
    - Shadow Ball

Latias @ Choice Scarf
    Timid Nature
    - Ice Beam
    - Psychic
    - Trick
    - Draco Meteor

Primarina @ Choice Specs
    EVs: 28 Def / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Moonblast
    - Psychic
    - Hydro Pump
    - Sparkling Aria

yes this is almost entirely dodmen's team. and yes, it was coincidence that the teams ended up being near identical. Bouff said to use Cofag vs Hogg so I built this around Cofag + Papalax (yes it should run Iapapa Berry and should be called Papalax). there isn't anything very interesting about this other than the snorlax which takes less than half from primarina attacks, pivots into latias and raikou with ease and even has a decent chance of taking less than half from jolly sharpedo attacks. in any case this snorlax set proved to be the mvp in that game. primarina has 28 def to take 0 atk +2 gliscor eq and sparkling aria > scald because it goes through subs. lati has trick to cripple clef and ice beam to nail gliscor. aero is there to pursuit ghosts like gengar so snorlax has an easier time. cobalion and primarina absorb the dark type attacks aimed at cofag and snorlax absorbs the ghost type ones.
  17. Amane Misa

Amane Misa

The team is solely for fun purposes, nothing serious ^^'.
    Importable (open)

Uxie @ Mental Herb
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
    - Stealth Rock
    - Trick Room
    - Memento
    - Skill Swap

Cofagrigus @ Ghostium Z
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
    Quiet Nature
    - Nasty Plot
    - Trick Room
    - Shadow Ball

Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Jolly Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Rock Polish
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
    Quiet Nature
    IVs: 0 Spe
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Life Orb
    Ability: Defiant
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Iron Head
    - Sucker Punch
    - Knock Off

Cresselia @ Mind Plate
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
    Modest Nature
    - Lunar Dance
    - Trick Room
    - Psychic
    - Ice Beam

Description (open)

A pretty similar build featured in my Crawdaunt Trick Room team but instead of physically pressuring the opponent, this team aims to pressure the opponent more specially... oh, and this team is cooler because it has Rhyperior on it.

Anyway, a rather standard lead Uxie, Z-Shadow Ball Cofagrigus, Reuniclus and Cresselia all pressure the opponent really hard, Bisharp for defoggers and Rhyperior cleans late game. There is nothing special here that is worth mentioning, just beware of stall and have fun.
  18. Lord Esche

Lord Esche AKA Wang Fire
    is a Tiering Contributor

Cofagrigus + Toxic Spikes

Importable (open)
    Cofagrigus (M) @ Ghostium Z
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpA
    Quiet Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Nasty Plot
    - Trick Room

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
    Jolly Nature
    - Close Combat
    - Iron Head
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

Latias @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psychic
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    - Recover

Tentacruel (M) @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 232 HP / 136 Def / 8 SpA / 36 SpD / 96 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Scald
    - Acid Spray
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rapid Spin

Aerodactyl-Mega (M) @ Aerodactylite
    Ability: Unnerve
    Jolly Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail
    - Hone Claws

Krookodile (F) @ Choice Scarf
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    Description (open)
    This is a pretty generic bulky offensive build that utilizes Toxic Spikes in order to wear down the opposing team for a successful Cofagrigus sweep. Stalling out Trick Room turns by switching around is punished by Toxic Spikes, while the remaining team is supposed to take care of grounded Poison types that can absorb layers, and Defog 'mons, which unlike Rapid Spin can't be stopped by Cofagrigus itself. Tentacruel is my T-Spikes setter of choice, also providing the team with a hazard removal option that isn't Defog, and dealing with CM Clefable. Three attacks Life Orb Latias w/ Psychic is a great breaker that deals with most Poison types and punishes teams that solely rely on Physdef Clefable to check Latias. Hone Claws Mega-Aerodactyl is the main breaker alongside Latias that profits prom Toxic Spikes itself, poisoning bulky Ground types like Swampert. It provides the team with a reliable answer to Gliscor, Togekiss, and Talonflame. Shuca Berry Cobalion was added as Rocker, Mega Aerodactyl check and switch-in to Dark type moves from Bisharp and Mega-Absol, both of which threaten Cofagrigus with STAB Sucker Punch, and can interrupt a sweep. Taunt is used to prevent Defog and healing moves from the likes of Mandibuzz, Scizor and Mew. Lastly, Choice Scarf Krookodile provides the team with a much needed Electric immunity and way to remove Latias, which is very much threatening to this team, from play.
  19. TSR

TSR -_-
    is a Tiering Contributor

Apologies for the delay (again!), but since we got 3 submissions with only 1 becoming illegal after the tier shift, I think we might as well just finish the week properly :[]

With that, same as last week - vote for your favorite Cofag squad.

Cynde [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Amane Misa [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lord Esche [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Once again, voting ends Sunday 8 pm EDT!
    Lord Esche, Cynde and Renny_ like this.
  20. A Cake Wearing A Hat

A Cake Wearing A Hat

voting for Cynde because papalax
    TSR likes this.
  21. Renny_

Renny_

Lord Esche
    Lord Esche and TSR like this.
  22. Paraplegic

Paraplegic

Cynde
    TSR likes this.
  23. iRebel

iRebel

Cynde, I've used this team a good amount and it works very well :).
    TSR likes this.
  24. Highways

Highways Sove Landslash
    is a Smogon Media Contributor

Cynde
    TSR likes this.
  25. TSR

TSR -_-
    is a Tiering Contributor

Voting over! Cynde wins with 4 votes, congrats!

[​IMG]

For the third week, we'll be building with Mega Swampert. A very recent addition to SM UU, Swampert easily holds its spot among the top Pokemon in UU that it once held in ORAS, thanks to its great typing, offensive prowess, and defensive utility. Its high defensive stats allow it to take an impressive amount of punishment on either side of the spectrum. In conjunction with its sky-high Attack stat it can find itself being an effective tank with Stealth Rock or a Rain sweeper with its altered ability, Swift Swim.

Once again, submission deadline at Friday 8 pm EDT. (I'll try to be punctual this time u_u)
    Renny_ and Amane Misa like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)