Project Underused Teambuilding Competition - Week 77: Building! (Shaymin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure no one saw this coming, but Hikari has taken this week by storm, congrats!

Week 17 will be Kommo-o! Basically unheard of for the majority of the Sun & Moon metagame, ULTRA Sun & Moon has given Kommo-o some important new toys to make it a significant threat in the UU metagame including Drain Punch, Close Combat, Iron Tail, and Clangorous Soulblaze, a new signature Z-move with base power topping V-Create while boosting all of its stats by 1! Is it broken? Who knows (it's not)! It's not banned yet though so show it some love this week!

READ: Submissions end Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cynde

toasty
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
TSR-Today at 08:46
@I'm a Rock post your veil cancer

the origins of my team was actually pretty mindless. the thought process behind it was "lol kommo-o is pretty hard to kill once set up, you know what would make it even harder to kill? aurora veil". at that point i had three of the team members done. i like the dd set for z-mo because it's able to pressure fairies without needing to rely on clang. speaking of clang, the ev spread lets kommo-o guarantee the ko vs latias with clang. now for the fourth and fifth pokemon i obviously put a lot of thought into it and put two of the most dangerous set up pokemon in the tier in scizor and latias on the team. scizor here runs quick attack because it's great for chipping away at tenta / moltres / manectric / rotom wash which can be pretty irritating lol. latias runs the electrium set except with life orb and i've found it to still be pretty cool it's good for empoleons and shit that try to get rid of veil. i like psychic more than psyshock here because it's good for damaging physically bulky mons like rotom and gliscor without having to use draco but psyshock is fine to pressure blissey and shit. doublade is here as a scizor check and scolipede check. i love gyro ball here because it's great for checking scolipede and gliscor which is why i'd give it the nod over iron head. pak peaked like #1 and #12 in like one night and i've had success with it in random test games vs friends so i assume it works.

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 200 Atk / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Clanging Scales

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack

Sandslash-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Rapid Spin
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Gyro Ball
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Aurorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Freeze-Dry
- Blizzard
- Encore

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psychic / Psyshock

vivalospride

been up all year my third eye aint even blinkin’
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Sleep (Seismitoad) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earth Power
- Toxic

is (Chandelure) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Memento

the (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 76 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Roost
- Earthquake

cousin (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 196 HP / 208 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

of (Kommo-o) @ Kommonium Z
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab

death (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

So this is a team I made a lil while back after getting my ass handed to me a couple times by dodmen using scarf chandy and I said hm that sounds like fun so I made this team. The team originally had was DD Cotton Guard Mega Altaria (shoutout ed). But here comes this Kommo-o themed week and I slapped Kommo on there cause they basically serve the same purpose as a wincon. This is basically a discount version of Cynde's "veil cancer"... Basically ur just tryna put holes in the enemy team and wait for an opportunity to where u can get a free setup with Kommo-o and Memento from Chandy. Not very complicated, the rest of the mons are there to provide support like hazard control, rocks, Rotom-W answers, spikes, twave, etc.

To understand the nicknames:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-665777087 < This is on my Research Week alt, its me, trust.

Last edited:

justdrew

is an official Team Rateris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SCL Champion
PUPL Champion
Do you hate Kommo-o? Do you wish for it’s swift demise and permanent extinction? If you’re here reading this thread then you’ve come to the right place. I know Kommo-o is the mon everyone’s raving about but the ladder has suffered enough. The purpose of this team is to utterly destroy any person who makes the mistake of having Kommo-o on their team. Share the love, spread the hatred, help keep Kommo-o’s dirty mug out of the ladder once and for all.

Kommomium Z was banned so I’m not building a team. Gz to the winner!

Last edited:

Aight so last week I was dqed cuz I didn't have rocks so let's try not break any rules this time round

BD Kommo-o heat. Pidgeot because I love the thing and it basically 2HKOes most things and if not it U-turns places. Double Dance Coba both for a secondary late game sweep, as well as a lure, because it's assumed that z is on Kommo-o. Swampert for rocks, toxic for Rotom. Trap Lati and ghosts with Muk, soften up some things, then sweep with Kommo-o. 76 SpA to get 2HKO on Coba. Because many teams are equipped to deal with z Kommo-o, they lack good checks to BD. 4 HP EVs on Kommo-o to get an HP stat divisible by 4, so Salac berry activates after a sub and a BD.

I'm (Kommo-o) @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab
- Belly Drum
- Substitute

Not (Muk-Alola) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpA
Brave Nature
- Fire Blast
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit

Good (Cobalion) @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

At (Pidgeot-Mega) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- Roost
- U-turn

Reading (Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Instructions (Nidoking) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Wave

S/O viva for the 6 word nickname thing

GunGunJ

El patrón del mal
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hi guys. First of all, I want to say that Kommo is a weird Pokemon, actually, rn I think that it is broken, but maybe I change my mind tomorrow. With that being said my thought process was very simple: Kommo destroys UU but sometimes it cannot win by itself, so Mega Sharpedo and Spikes are the way to go. I built this offense team with a mon that I love to use: Froslass. In my opinion it is a very underrated spikes setter, and alongside Sharpedo and Kommo it is Fire. Then I put Rocks Krok with Pursuit, as I want to trap random Xatus and play mind-games againts mons such as Bronzong, that Protect in your face cuz they think that you are Choice and then they get trapped/knocked off. We got a Doublade to try to spin block in a tier where all spinners beat it but ok xd. It has Toxic to help dealing with Mantine, Swampert and random Quagsire, and it is the Scizor, Cobalion (it doesnt have Sacred but Cobalion does 0 anyways) and Scolipede check. And then I put Latias because Latias is probably best UU mon alongside Scizor (and it helps dealing with Primarina, Azumarill and Mantine with +1 Life Orb Thunder)

The team is not WOWOWOW but it works, and helps Kommo to win, and if it cannot then Sharpedo will clean.

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Clanging Scales
- Drain Punch
- Poison Jab

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psychic

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

TSR keeps yelling at me to post here, so here's the first USUM team I made. It's pretty straightforward hyper offense that just focuses on breaking stuff until something can sweep or clean and has actually had the most success on the ladder of anything I've used in USUM. I started with Kommo-o since that was the USUM addition that everyone was hyping and then just added a bunch of breakers, Mega Sharpedo, and Choice Scarf Latias. Kommo-o runs Close Combat here since I don't care about its longevity as much as I do about its ability to break something. If Kommo-o goes down, I still have plenty of ways of winning games and I'm usually happy to trade 1 for 1, especially if I can remove pesky Fairy-types like Klefki. Mamoswine is a pretty popular Stealth Rock setter on teams like this if they don't use a suicide lead, as it combines the ability to set up Stealth Rock with breaking power, incredible coverage, a useful Electric-type immunity, and the ability to revenge kill a lot of fast, frail threats that offense has trouble with. Scizor provides me with a Steel-type and extra source of priority. It can also help punch through Fairy-types for Kommo-o, Latias, or Mega Sharpedo, depending on what I've identified as my best way to win the game. Like Mamoswine, it combines a useful typing with considerable power and the ability to revenge kill troublesome Pokemon. Infernape helps with my matchup against bulkier teams. A lot of common stall builds struggle to handle it, and it also provides my team with a Scizor check. Between Mixed Infernape, Mamoswine, Mega Sharpedo, and Healing Wish support from Latias, I can usually break down stall teams without too much trouble. Choice Scarf Latias is my primary revenge killer, covering Kommo-o, other Choice Scarf users, and fast Mega Evolutions. I run Hidden Power Fire to deal with Scizor more effectively, but a utility move like Defog or Trick or a different coverage move is probably fine too. Mega Sharpedo is generally the best cleaner available to hyper offense and also helps with bulkier builds by Mega Evolving early and pressuring opposing walls with Strong Jaw-boosted Crunches. Overall, when using this team, it's important to identify a path to victory early and trade Pokemon effectively in order to weaken opposing checks. Don't be afraid to play aggressively. This team's defensive utility only exists in the form of typing synergy, so it's important to keep momentum and maintain pressure on the opponent.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Freeze-Dry
- Stealth Rock

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Superpower

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 168 Atk / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Gunk Shot

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Clanging Scales
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

Latias @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Healing Wish

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs

Cynde - 6
Amaroq - 5
veil is broken omFg

Congrats to Cynde for winning this week!

This week I decided to go with something that won't get banned halfway through the week, so week 18 will be focused on our new UU buddy Azumarill. Everyone knows what the blob bunny does, and it just hit things hard. It can use Whirlpool + Perish Song now with the release of the GSC Virtual Console as well for some fun stallbreaking antics, and run the infamous one kill wonder Belly drum set! Submissions end Saturday like usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)