UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Previously hosted by: nv
Approved by: Hogg & King UU
Art: Placeholder by Accelgor

UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab

Hello, everyone. We're Amaroq and Accelgor. Throughout our time in UU, we have noticed that many newer players struggle to build effective teams. In an effort to rectify that, we have joined forces with several experienced UU players to host the UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab. Here, users can post Pokemon sets or cores that they would like the Lab staff to build a team around. The Lab staff may then reply with their team and the team building process they used so that the client can see our thought processes and, as a result, better develop their ability to build their own teams in the future.

Also, in an effort to improve all of us and get some quality discussion for the thread, we're going to propose that you guys take the builds we create, play around 5 games on the ladder with them at a decent rank, and then link all replays and talk about how to expand your teambuilding from there.

Rules:

- Have a one paragraph description (3-4 lines should suffice) with the set or core you want us to build around and a slight idea of what kind of team you want the end result to be. Also, actually have the set(s) you want us to use in your post. This makes the process of building teams faster for all of us here.

- Do not post asking us to make use of unviable Pokemon. This is not a competition to see how good we are at team building; this is us trying to educate people about what is good in the meta and how to build effective teams. Furthermore, all requests must make sure that the Pokemon being requested to be built around are at least B- rank (or above) in the Viability Rankings. If you're requesting a core, make sure that you provide good reasoning as to why that core is worth building around in the current metagame. Even if only one Pokemon is to be built around, it must be viable enough in the current metagame to warrant receiving the time and effort of our staff. We reserve the right to decline any request that we do not feel meets the Lab's quality standards.

- Each user is allowed one request per week. If any user is found requesting multiple teams within that timeframe, the offending posts will be deleted and the user may see further punishment.

- Please remember that these teams are first drafts and, as such, will not be perfect. Edit them as you please. That being said, builders must be willing to take constructive criticism regarding their teams and those who point out the flaws of a builder's team should contribute to the team's improvement in a constructive manner so that the builders and the clients can grow as players.

- Do not flame people for asking for a certain Pokemon or for being unable to build around something themselves.

- On that note, you are free (and highly encouraged) to suggest and post the changes or critiques you've made to already posted teams that you feel improve them.

- However, you are not allowed to post your own teams here to have us modify them. We're here to build new teams, not modify older ones. If you want your own teams critiqued and modified, post them in the RMT forum, not here.

If you wish to become a member of the Lab staff, please send the hosts a forum PM containing an application that follows the format below. Bear in mind that demand for builders will fluctuate based on the volume of requests and the activity level of the Lab's current staff.

1. Be knowledgeable regarding the UU tier and the current metagame
2. Provide evidence demonstrating your skills as a builder (RMT Team Showcase, etc.)
3. ~A paragraph in length describing how you build / what playstyle you are best at building (offense, stall, or balance, to be precise

Hosts
Amaroq
Accelgor

Current Builders
King UU
Sacri'
Eyan
Kreme
Kushalos
pokemon sparrow
Bouff
Pearl
Shiba

Consultants
YABO
nv

SlickHippo99 | Swords Dance Decidueye | Offense or Balance |
Ov3r Ac3 | Calm Mind Reuniclus + Defensive Infernape | Unspecified |
Jordn | Offensive Tentacruel | Bulky Offense or Balance |
Jack nicholson | Nasty Plot Mew | Offense or Balance |
Feliburn | Mixed Infernape | Offense |
Nightingales | Mega Sharpedo + Nasty Plot Infernape | Unspecified |
Amane Misa | Mega Sharpedo + Spikes | Balance or Bulky Offense |
matthewc20090 | OTR Reuniclus | Balance or Bulky Offense |
Ov3r Ac3 | Curse Gastrodon + Choice Specs Hydreigon | Balance or Bulky Offense | Kushalos

Announcements
  • The Lab is not currently accepting builder applications.
  • The Lab currently accepts requests for teams in all commonly-played UU metagames (SUMO, ORAS, BW, DPP, ADV).
  • The Lab does not accept requests including Pokemon currently undergoing suspect testing.

Last edited:

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Teambuilding Lab Team Archive

Nidoking Bulky Offense
Builder: Eyan
Client: Rawbi

Primarina Bulky Offense

Builder: Sacri
Client: Goodra

Talonflame Offense
Builder: Kreme
Client: Mega-meganium

Swellow Offense
Builder: Kushalos
Client: Gorechomp

Mega Absol + Keldeo Offense
Builder: Shiba
Client: Sombolo

Toxicroak Offense
Client: Rawbi

Water Spam Offense
Builder: pokemon sparrow
Client: ZekromFan

Band Bewear Balance
Client: Gorechomp

Specs Kyurem Balance
Builder: Kushalos
Client: n2dnite

Mantine Balance
Builder: Bouff
Client: OrangeGuru

Nothing yet!

*** While you're at it, feed me a like just because I'm a fantastic co-host! ***

Last edited:
Yay Team building Lab!

I would like a team built around Bewear. Bewear is good at both offense and defense as well as checking a good amount of offensive threats in the tier with its ability, Fluffy. I really think this thing is underrated and deserves a chance to shine.

Bewear @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake / Shadow Claw / Thunder Punch / Fire Punch

Yay Team building Lab!

I would like a team built around CM Slowbro.

I think this set is very good and can also sweep a lot of team if you play with a good synergy. I would like something balanced / offensive where to take advantage of this pokemon if possible.

Thanks in advance and great contribution :heart:

I am Spanish so I'm sorry for my English

Slowbro @ Waterium Z
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Cool thread, wish I could request my homie Honchkrow ;~; Here's another mon I think would be cool to build around.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower

Nidoking, I feel, isn't used very often in this meta. I've watched plenty of 1300+ ELO UU matches on Showdown, and not a single Nidoking to be seen. Why is that? He's got coverage in spades, resistance to Rocks, can absorb Toxic Spikes, is immune to Electric moves, and gets the Life Orb boost without the recoil. That's pretty cool, right? Well, base 85 Speed isn't the quickest, nor does he have great bulk.

What kind of team would help Nidoking shine?

As good as they say alakazam is on offense, i can never use it properly D: (it might be bc of how i play but we'll cross that bridge when we get there)

Alakazam @ Focus Sash / can also change tbh
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam /whatever
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire] / whatever

this is the last set i tried to use on an omastar hazard stack + nasty plot togekiss stall breaker
I kinda wanted knock off to deal with stall a bit better but idk i don't think i ever used it lol. I never really know what kinda optimal coverage to run D:

Hyper offense/(regular????) offense would be dope
ty in advance!!

Hey back from a few months break of Pokemon and I've been wanting to see a team built around the 7th gen water starter Primarina since their reveal. Having a great Water/Fairy typing and the highest Special Attack stat out of the all the starters makes this a great user for Choice Specs punching holes through the opposing team. Speed isn't the best though and decided to opt for a Modest nature for more power. I'm looking for a more balanced or bulky offensive team that will help this diva shine!

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Scald

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Gorechomp

Bewear @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Defog
- Toxic

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Krookodile @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Bewear has been receiving a decent amount of attention on both the VR and the np thread recently and deservingly so. This is actually the first team I've made around it, building was quite fun this time around. I believe that Bewear's impressive defensive utility needs to be exploited by using a solid defensive backbone alongside it which is why I started by pairing it with Clefable and Empoleon which both help to deal with some of the threats that could easily threaten Bewear due to it's low speed. Flamethrower Clefable pressures Scizor and Cobalion which Bewear appreciate while Empoleon is a great fairy answer which also counters most latias variants. I'm using Aerodactyl-Mega mostly as a mean of speed control, as much as I like the Hone Claws variant I think this kind of team really needs pursuit to be able to deal better with Alakazam and Celebi. I then chose to run Calm Mind Slowbro as it helps to deal with Cobalion and Keldeo while also being able to easily set up versus bulky offensive teams. Krook acts as a glue here, it offers rocks, a ghost resist, an electric immunity and it's ability to annoy bulkier teams with repeated Taunts and Knocks off. I'm overall really satisfied with this team and so will you I hope.

Could someone build me a team based around SD Decidueye? Aside from its great design, I've been wanting to use it for a while because of its neat movepool and ability to nuke something with Sinister Arrow Raid, as well as its ability to demolish stall (barring Unaware Clef). I've tried building with it before, but I can never seem to fit it onto a successful team. I would prefer the team to have more of an offensive or bulky offense build to it, but something leaning more towards balance or semistall is ok too. Thanks so much, I can't wait to see the team! I think this is the standard set:

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Spirit Shackle
- Sucker Punch

Gorechomp

Bewear @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Return
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Defog
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Taunt

Bewear has been receiving a decent amount of attention on both the VR and the np thread recently and deservingly so. This is actually the first team I've made around it, building was quite fun this time around. I believe that Bewear's impressive defensive utility needs to be exploited by using a solid defensive backbone alongside it which is why I started by pairing it with Clefable and Empoleon which both help to deal with some of the threats that could easily threaten Bewear due to it's low speed. Flamethrower Clefable pressures Scizor and Cobalion which Bewear appreciate while Empoleon is a great fairy answer which also counters most latias variants. I'm using Aerodactyl-Mega mostly as a mean of speed control, as much as I like the Hone Claws variant I think this kind of team really needs pursuit to be able to deal better with Alakazam and Celebi. I then chose to run Calm Mind Slowbro as it helps to deal with Cobalion and Keldeo while also being able to easily set up versus bulky offensive teams. Krook acts as a glue here, it offers rocks, a ghost resist, an electric immunity and it's ability to annoy bulkier teams with repeated Taunts and Knocks off. I'm overall really satisfied with this team and so will you I hope.
Thanks for the team, Sacri ☺

I'd like a hyper offense team built around talonflame, because that is the playstyle think he would be most successful in. I absolutely love his design, and I'd like to see what he can do after the nerf.

move 1: Brave Bird
move 2: Flare Blitz
move 3: Swords Dance
move 4: Taunt / Roost
item: Flyinium Z
ability: Gale Wings
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Screenshot_20170226-145547~2.png

Ive been messing around with H/O and finding it hard to cover for everything without adding dead weight. Id like a team built around LO Salazzle + SD Mega-Absol. Salazzle breaks through fairys and hits hard and fast beats whimsicott by 1 spe with this spread while hitting a LO number. Toxic hurts most of its switch ins before it dies. SD M-Absol is an excellent sweeper even with sucker punches nerf and helps prevent hazzards. Due to H/O's nature id prefer not wasting turns removing hazzards but instead pressuring setters. This core needs a solid answer for sharp/zor because both can sweep this core due to bp/sp.
Salazzle @ Life Orb
Ability: Corrosion
Happiness: 0
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

Absol-Mega (F) @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Eyan

sleep is the cousin of death
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cool thread, wish I could request my homie Honchkrow ;~; Here's another mon I think would be cool to build around.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt / Flamethrower

Nidoking, I feel, isn't used very often in this meta. I've watched plenty of 1300+ ELO UU matches on Showdown, and not a single Nidoking to be seen. Why is that? He's got coverage in spades, resistance to Rocks, can absorb Toxic Spikes, is immune to Electric moves, and gets the Life Orb boost without the recoil. That's pretty cool, right? Well, base 85 Speed isn't the quickest, nor does he have great bulk.

What kind of team would help Nidoking shine?
Rawbi

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Nasty Plot

I've been using Nidoking on my own free time anyway, which is why I picked this one up. With Nidoking, I find the best way to go about it personally to be either some bulky offense or Sticky Web hyper offense, so I went with the former. The main things that can cause Nidoking issues are stuff like Keldeo, Alakazam, and Latias, so naturally I just paired it with Pursuit Mega Aerodactyl. Next, I added Cobalion for a solid Scizor and Bisharp check, as well as Stealth Rock. I was afraid of getting too Fighting weak since Nidoking kinda sucks as a Fighting resist so that's what Doublade's for, and together with Cobalion can switch into any variant of Scizor. The team still needed a spinner and was looking really weak to Keldeo, even though Mega Aerodactyl can revenge kill it, so I opted for bulky Starmie. For the last Pokemon, I originally went with Scarf Hydreigon for the overall better offensive synergy, but the team ended up being too weak to special dragons like Latias and opposing Hydreigon, so I swapped it out for a NP Togekiss, which serves as a stallbreaker, check to the aforementioned Pokemon, secondary switch-in to non Specs Keldeo if necessary, and some other stuff that I can't remember. This does make the team weaker to Gengar but it really can't come in on anything, gets beat 1v1 by most of the team and just gets Pursuit trapped. Raikou is something you have to watch out for though, so if that's a problem, feel free to try out the Scarf Hydra over Togekiss again, which at least alleviates some of that pressure. Even then, you can still play around Latias decently well, although Hydra becomes annoying. I know that in the original set you had Flamethrower / Thunderbolt in the last slot, but I honestly found neither of them to be too useful. Flamethrower mainly hits stuff like Scizor but having both Doublade and Cobalion kinda nullifies that, whereas Thunderbolt just hits bulky Water-types harder. I opted for Taunt since it just provides more overeall utility while making bulkier stuff easier to deal with, and with the bulky Water-types mentione above, you can just Taunt them as they try to recover HP, but be wary of their STAB moves obviously. Have fun with the team.

edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-539785831 here's an example of how NOT to play this team.

Last edited:
Rawbi

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Ice Beam

Jolly Nature
- Wing Attack
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Nasty Plot

I've been using Nidoking on my own free time anyway, which is why I picked this one up. With Nidoking, I find the best way to go about it personally to be either some bulky offense or Sticky Web hyper offense, so I went with the former. The main things that can cause Nidoking issues are stuff like Keldeo, Alakazam, and Latias, so naturally I just paired it with Pursuit Mega Aerodactyl. Next, I added Cobalion for a solid Scizor and Bisharp check, as well as Stealth Rock. I was afraid of getting too Fighting weak since Nidoking kinda sucks as a Fighting resist so that's what Doublade's for, and together with Cobalion can switch into any variant of Scizor. The team still needed a spinner and was looking really weak to Keldeo, even though Mega Aerodactyl can revenge kill it, so I opted for bulky Starmie. For the last Pokemon, I originally went with Scarf Hydreigon for the overall better offensive synergy, but the team ended up being too weak to special dragons like Latias and opposing Hydreigon, so I swapped it out for a NP Togekiss, which serves as a stallbreaker, check to the aforementioned Pokemon, secondary switch-in to non Specs Keldeo if necessary, and some other stuff that I can't remember. This does make the team weaker to Gengar but it really can't come in on anything, gets beat 1v1 by most of the team and just gets Pursuit trapped. Raikou is something you have to watch out for though, so if that's a problem, feel free to try out the Scarf Hydra over Togekiss again, which at least alleviates some of that pressure. Even then, you can still play around Latias decently well, although Hydra becomes annoying. I know that in the original set you had Flamethrower / Thunderbolt in the last slot, but I honestly found neither of them to be too useful. Flamethrower mainly hits stuff like Scizor but having both Doublade and Cobalion kinda nullifies that, whereas Thunderbolt just hits bulky Water-types harder. I opted for Taunt since it just provides more overeall utility while making bulkier stuff easier to deal with, and with the bulky Water-types mentione above, you can just Taunt them as they try to recover HP, but be wary of their STAB moves obviously. Have fun with the team.

edit: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-539785831 here's an example of how NOT to play this team.
Awesome team! Shine on, you crazy diamond! *_*

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Goodra

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Primarina @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Psychic
- Hydro Pump

Nidoqueen (F) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Aqua Tail
- Aerial Ace
- Stone Edge

Cobalion @ Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Fairly standard bulky offensive team here. I've decided to pair Primarina with U-Turn Scizor to allow it to come in more frequently which is great for something as strong and dangerous. Double Dance Cobalion and Aerodactyl take advantage of Primarinas and Nidoqueens ability to break through bulky cores to clean up weakened teams. Latias removes spikes and keeps fighting types in check. This time around I chose to run HC Aero to have another mean of pressuring Gliscor & Hippodown which have otherwise the potential to be quite annoying. This team overall makes great use of Primarina, it appreciates the defensive utility it has and gives it opportunities to come in which allows the rest of the team to put work. Doublade is fairly annoying to this team, it dies to both Nidoqueen & Primarina but make sure to pressure it as much as possible which probably wont be that hard to do as Scizor has U-Turn and Latias can still click draco to damage it a fair bit. Enjoy!

Hey Teambuilding Lab!

I'd like a more Offense build with the core below. I dont know if this core is good but on paper these two Pokemon look quite good. The idea about it is that M Absol traps stuff like Latias with Pursuit and lures Clef with Iron Tail for Keldeo.

Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Tail

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

rs

STANDING ON BUSINESS
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
bsu

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Counter

Scizor @ Iron Plate
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Sharpedo-Mega @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Crunch
- Waterfall / Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Spikestack + Zam + Shark is love. Anyway, pretty standard HO/Offense here that I made like 5 versions of lmao. First off, I made it Counter Zam as this catches a ton of people off guard and it provides a very nice extra check to some physical threats like Bisharp, Scizor, etc.. I paired Zam with SD Iron Plate Scizor to combat faster mons like Aerodactyl or Crobat as well as fatter things that Sash Zam can't break through like Fire coverage-less Clef or Klefki. Shark and Keys are pretty self-explanatory on offense, where Shark gets an insane amount of opportunities in gen 7 to clean other teams and Keys are there to support it even further by paralyzing everything while continuously laying down Spikes. Also went with dual status keys as Toxic was really nice to cripple fatter things that annoy offense like Hippowdon and Swampert on the switch. Next was HP Fire Latias to check things like Scarf Keldeo, Raikou, and Scizor, which otherwise I would be extremely weak to. And lastly, Nido in the back to provide a Electric immunity and rocks :toast:

Hope you like the team!

Amaroq

Cover me.
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ive been messing around with H/O and finding it hard to cover for everything without adding dead weight. Id like a team built around LO Salazzle + SD Mega-Absol. Salazzle breaks through fairys and hits hard and fast beats whimsicott by 1 spe with this spread while hitting a LO number. Toxic hurts most of its switch ins before it dies. SD M-Absol is an excellent sweeper even with sucker punches nerf and helps prevent hazzards. Due to H/O's nature id prefer not wasting turns removing hazzards but instead pressuring setters. This core needs a solid answer for sharp/zor because both can sweep this core due to bp/sp.
Salazzle @ Life Orb
Ability: Corrosion
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic

Absol-Mega (F) @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
This request does not meet the Lab's viability requirements.

Furthermore, all requests must make sure that the Pokemon being requested to be built around are at least B- rank (or above) in the Viability Rankings.
Declined.

If Salazzle rises high enough on the Viability Rankings to meet the Lab's standards, you may resubmit this request.

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like a hyper offense team built around talonflame, because that is the playstyle think he would be most successful in. I absolutely love his design, and I'd like to see what he can do after the nerf.

move 1: Brave Bird
move 2: Flare Blitz
move 3: Swords Dance
move 4: Taunt / Roost
item: Flyinium Z
ability: Gale Wings
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
View attachment 78579

Talonflame @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Doublade @ Eviolite
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword
- Swords Dance

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Have had a personal interest in using Talonflame for a while since I feel a lot of teams are quite unprepared for it right now so gave it a go. First thing I noticed when trying to build with this was to get good entry hazard control so I went with a simple core of Krookodile / Latias since it provides entry hazard prevention, entry hazard removal, and resistances to all of Talonflame's weaknesses. I went with a Roost / Defog Latias here because HP Fire isn't necessary for Scizor, as Scizor clicking anything is pretty mitigated due to having Talonflame, Keldeo and Doublade being able to switch into it or take advantage of it. After the original 3 Pokemon I wanted a Choice Scarf user for more Speed so I wouldn't lose easily to opposing offense and I wanted said Pokemon to be able to check Aerodactyl so I went for Keldeo. Again wanted more for Aerodactyl but also wanted a more solid Fighting-type switch in that also resisted Fairy-type attacks so I was more or less forced into Doublade. Lastly, I had a problem facing Latias so I wanted a Pursuit user that also helped facing opposing Talonflame, thus Aerodactyl was the choice. Could probably attempt to use Pursuit Doublade and Grass Knot Bisharp over Aerodactyl though to better deal with stall while still not being too weak to Latias.

since i don't think I've seen a single sylveon ever maybe build an offense using choice specs and a fast fairy to take advantage of sylveon breaking/weakening?

Accel

arise
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
since i don't think I've seen a single sylveon ever maybe build an offense using choice specs and a fast fairy to take advantage of sylveon breaking/weakening?
This request doesn't meet the lab's viability requirement. Sylveon's currently sitting pretty at C-, and we only take requests for mons that are ranked at B- at the very least. Feel free to resubmit your request if/when Sylveon rises to B- or above.

Declined.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)