|Une Taupe Dans Le Cul| ~ franky x ojama collaboration

Ojama

Banned deucer.
~Une Taupe Dans Le Cul~

In this RMT, franky will be in Red and I will be in Green

This team's core is built around sweeping with Swords Dance Excadrill and abusing its great prestige as one of the metagame's most deadliest sweepers. The title in French is translated to "Mole in the ass" -- which is literally what this frustrating sand mole does in the majority of games Ojama and I played. We figured that teams nowadays lack the proper structure to actually build a legit team around it and fully abuse its excellent offensive prowess.
This team made us very successful in the competitive scene, racking a record of 4-0 in World Cup, 50 wins in frontier with a 64% win ratio, and hitting a high ladder score (on Ojama's part).

With this team, I made a record of 3-3 in World Cup, not as well as franky, but my 3 loses were over haxx or on a little mistake. This team was used by Go10 in World Cup too and he made a record of 4-2 and his 2 loses were against Locopoke, SoT, and Hipmonlee with an incredible bad matchup. But anyway, I think we have to explain you how we built this team.

Team Analysis

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 208 HP / 76 Atk / 108 SAtk / 116 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock

Of course, Tyranitar. I'm sure I don't need to explain why Tyranitar is in this team but I'm going to do it. Tyranitar is the perfect partner for Excadrill because he is able to set up the Sandstorm and it's just what Excadrill needs because of it's ability. Tyranitar can trapp Lati@s, Celebi and a weak Politoed or a weak Ninetales with Pursuit. Pursuit is very usefull here to trapp these things. If the Sand isn't up, it will be very difficult for Excadrill to sweep an entire team, because other Pokemons can be faster such as Terrakion, Thundurus and Starmie. Tyranitar is our Spiker because we need one in the team and he was the perfect guy for this job and it helps a lot against a fucking Dragonite@Multiscale who can take a hit from Excadrill. We need Crunch because Pursuit isn't very powerfull against Celebi or Lati@s with Recover and it does a surprise because the opponent doesn't think we have Crunch + Pursuit. Then Fire Blast, obvious for Skarmory and Bronzong, two of Excadrill's counters. Today, 95% of Tyranitar have Fire Blast, so it's not a big surprise, but maybe the opponent doesn't think again we have Fire Blast if we already have Crunch + Pursuit, he can think it's the Careful or Adamant Tyranitar. So now, I'm sure you're asking yourself about this very strange spread. For Hp and SDef it's exactly same as the Standard Spread, we reach 291 in SDef and 393 in Hp, so it's same as 404 Hp and 280 SDef but with this Spread we're better in Special Defense. The Attack's EVs are usefull for a good Crunch on Politoed and for Pursuit because with the Standard Spread, Tyranitar's Attack isn't so good, there we reach 323 and it's really usefull. The rest in SAtk for Fire Blast and do a lot of damage over Skarmory and Bronzong.

Tyranitar is obviously a staple on a sandstorm team by providing infinite weather. This guy is probably the most valuable member on my team as it traps the most threatening special sweepers between Crunch and Pursuit. We opted out Ice Beam because our team can handle Gliscor well and we ultimately need the power to switch between Crunch and Pursuit. Fire Blast allows us to smack Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory for the 2HKO with the given EV spread. Finally, Stealth Rock gives us that crucial residual damage to help against weather wars against rain and sun teams. The EV spread might look intimidating, but it allows us to survive two moves from Latios/Latias with Stealth Rock, while retaliating with Crunch or Pursuit-- either or dealing high damage to them. I find those two moves to be important with determining our games because it makes it easier for our other members.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Before making the team, we needed a reliable core to combat with many of the popular threats today. As such, we decided to use Gliscor for our main physical wall thanks to its all-around high physical defense and immunity to Spikes. We brainstormed between Slowbro, Skarmory, and Gliscor to deal with Excadrill, Terakion, and Landorus; but we found it too susceptible to entry hazards and we can't afford to swap a move on Excadrill for Rapid Spin. This is your standard Gliscor set with Toxic over Swords Dance to help deal with Rotom, Quagsire, and Jellicent -- all three otherwise give Jirachi and Excadrill a difficult time. Swords Dance is not required for a team like this because we need to patch up our smaller holes without changing our entire team structure. The given EV spread allows us to survive Tyranitar Ice Beam, while also surviving other special attacks from things like CM Latias, Jellicent, Quagsire, and plenty more. We conserve Gliscor as much as possible because it holds our team tightly together from a lot of threats. Ice Fang is obviously requited for Salamence, Dragonite, and opposing Gliscor.

Here is Gliscor, the bat who can't be destroyed. So when you're with your Excadrill and you wanna sweep the opponent's team, it can have a problem, something like Quagsire, Terrakion@Air Balloon, an other Excadrill or a Slowbro. Why Gliscor is in this team ? Because he can counter and kill two of them and the most important, he can Toxic the two others. If Quagsire and Slowbro are poisonned it's just easy to kill them or weaken them. With Protect and Poison Heal, Gliscor is really hard to kill and he can abuse of Toxic with Protect especially in Gen 5. Gliscor's type is very usefull for our combo because there is an important weakness for fighting type.

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 108 HP / 148 Atk / 100 SAtk / 56 SDef / 96 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Jirachi, the perfect lure for Excadrill's counter. "What is this Jirachi ?!?" This Jirachi is just the main Pokemon in this team. Jirachi has an incredible job in this team, because he attracts Skarmory, Bronzong and Gliscor. Against Gliscor ? Hp Ice and bye Gliscor and we all know Gliscor is the #1 counter for Excadrill. Skarmory ? Just Thunder Wave this shit, with Rock Slide flinch + paralysis, Excadrill wins his battle against Skarmory. Bronzong ? Same, Thunder Wave for the haxx and then Fire Punch, just for having a weak Bronzong who can't do anything against Excadrill. So now the spread. We needed the perfect spread with the perfect nature for this thing. Lonely was this perfect nature because with a weak investment in Atk, we reach 299, like a Jolly Jirachi. Then we needed to kill Gliscor after Stealth Rock damage. With this investment, we reach 261 and Gliscor takes around 90%. Then the speed, we needed to outspeed Adamant Mamoswine and Adamant Dragonite who can be very annoying for our team, with this investment we reach 260 and it's perfect because with the rest, we can rose Jirachi's bulk with an investment in Hp and SDef.

Besides Tyranitar, Jirachi makes it all happen thanks to its versatility and excellent surprise value. In this metagame, Jirachi is notorious for running the standard defensive set or a Calm Mind set under the rain. However, we looked to abuse the annoying physical attacker set w/ paraflinch. At first we used the standard Substitute set, but we counted too many matches where Gliscor cartwheels its way in easily on the set. As a result, we decided to swap Substitute for Hidden Power Ice to surprise damage Gliscor. It deals a minimum of 88%; one Iron Head flinch /w SR will OHKO it or put it at low health for Excadrill to sweep it. It doesn't stop there, a lot of Skarmory's tend to switch into this set, and that allows us to use paralyze it, making it even more difficult to counter Excadrill with Rock Slide flinch and paralysis. This sets the tone of our games and when done correctly, can take out many Pokemon. Fire Punch catches things like Ferrothorn and Scizor off guard, 2HKO and OHKO respectively. Outside of being an offensive variant, Jirachi still serves as a decent check to special attackers and sweepers like virizon who is in dire need of a legit counter. The EVs allow us to outpace Adamant Dragonite with max speed, while the rest allows us to survive +1 Focus Blast from Virizon, while 100 Atk gives us 300 Atk points in total to damage stuff for decent damage.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SAtk / 148 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split / Signal Beam

Rotom-W makes a fantastic addition in our team forming the famous Gliscor + Rotom + Jirachi core, albeit a much more offensive core than the usual defensive one. We decided to use a specially defensive Rotom to patch up our problems with heavy offense rain teams. These EVs accomplish what they're supposed to do: sponge Water hits and deal with one of rain's biggest offensive threats, Tornadus. Outside of that, this is your basic standard set with a slight twist in Signal Beam that allows us to ward off Celebi users. We alternate between Pain Split depending on our opponents. Signal Beam is no slouch because it still deals decent damage against stuff like Latios and Latias. Thunder Wave is the most important move in this set. It allows us to regulate Virizon switch-ins, among other things. Virizon is a huge threat to the team, so we will often stay in and use Thunder Wave. The given EV spread allows us to survive both un-boosted Leaf Blade and Giga Drain. ( I use this spread => 252 hp / 120 def / 136 spd calm)

After seeing these 3 Pokemons, we can notice a incredible water weakness, Slowbro, Politoed, Jellicent are really painfull. Rotom-W was our man. Thins thing is just incredible in Gen 5. Volt Switch is maybe one of the best moves in Pokemon. It's a perfect switch to Skarmory and with Tyranitar@Pursuit, Rotom-W is an incredible partner. Celebi and Lati@s come on Rotom, Volt Switch and then they are trapped. We can notice a Scizor weakness too, especially the Swords Dancer. Rotom-W is once again the perfect guy. We needed a Pokemon against Rain team, and Rotom-W is one of the biggest threat for Rain teams. Rotom-W is just an awesome partner for Excadrill because he comes on all Excadrill's counters, it means Skarmory, Bronzong, Quagsire and Gliscor. Jirachi and Tyranitar could be painfull but with Rotom-W all works perfectly.

Celebi @ Leftovers Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SAtk / 40 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-W is good against Rain teams, but he can take alone all the hits. No one can absorb a Will O Wisp or a Toxic... oh wait, Celebi is the perfect Pokemon for this job. Rotom-W was very painfull and can destroy our Team, but with Celebi it's the past. Celebi can destroy all Excadrill's counter and it's really important. With Rotom-W for partner, Celebi can do his job perfectly. Earthpower is here for Heatran, yeah Heatran is fucking annoying for our Team and this Celebi just fucks Heatran. "But you can be slower". No, Jirachi attracts Heatran and paralysis him. Earthpower ? So no Hp Fire ? Ok come here Skarmory I wanna show you my big dick. The lack of Recover can be boring, but it's ok with Giga Drain.

A good sandstorm team always packs two resistances to Water-types. This allows us to have more wiggle room against rain teams, instead of one Pokemon taking all the damage. Nasty Plot Celebi is one of the greatest sweepers in the metagame and has very few counters. With Pursuit Tyranitar support, Celebi is nearly impossible to wall with Giga Drain replenishing its health. Hidden Power Fire deals with Scizor and Ferrothorn easily. The final slot has always been quite the dilemma for us, but we decided to use Earth Power to give us a jump against Rain stall teams that rely on Jirachi to beat Celebi. It also allows us to punish defensive Heatran, giving Jirachi ample opportunities to spam Iron Head on the opposition. Psychic helps us deal with Dragonite much easier because you never know with that guy's versatility. Recover gives us a head-on weapon against rain and will never put us at low health. Celebi's options are flexible. Ultimately though, either choices are fine because he still gets the job done with Tyranitar support.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Excadrill is literally the lategame sweeper in the game. The only time I ever need to bring him out early in the game is when I need to check Thundurus, other than that, it really only comes out lategame to feed on the remains off the battlefield. With the way our team is structured, its very often he finishes the matches for us. High speed with access to Swords Dance and great coverage lets him wreck havoc. If I had to pick Excadrill's tiering it would be Ubers and that's pure experience moreover an ignorant subjective point. It is literally counter-less once its few checks are removed. Choosing between the movesets, we decided to use Rock Slide to let us hit Skarmory for neutral damage. However, we do miss out on hitting Gliscor with Frustration. X-Scissor is our choice for out final coverage move. We wanted to use Rapid Spin but figured that we needed to go all-out on Excadrill. It allows us to deal with Slowbro, Tangrowth, and Claydol for super effective damage. It also wards off Celebi and can OHKO it without a boost.

Here is the star of the show, Excadrill ! This team turns around this incredible Pokemon. The question was very simple before beginning this team : "what is the stonger pokemon in this metagame?". The answer what as simple as the question, Excadrill. With an incredible attack of 405 and a massive speed of 550, and the access to Swords Dance, Excadrill can just be the stronger Pokemon in the game. Gliscor is for me the best counter for Excadrill and with the help of Jirachi, it will be very hard to counter this thing. The only problem is the opponent weather. The Rain and the Sun are painfull for Excadrill because his speed isn't so good without the Sand. Adamant was for me the better nature because it does a lot a damage, and with the Sand, Excadrill outspeed the entire metagame except an other Excadrill and we have Gliscor and the Air Balloon. But you can run the Life Orb over the Air Balloon because it OHKOes Reuniclus. We don't need Rapid Spin because our team isn't weak to Stealth Rock, but Spikes and T-Spikes are painfull so you can run Rapid Spin, but Xscissor is really usefull against Celebi who is a terrible threat.

Threats List

So like all team, there is some major threats. Sunny and Rain teams are painfull but it depends of the matchups. Volcarona, Thundurus and Tornadus are big threats. Dragonite and Salamence can be really painfull. Terrakion, especially the ChoiceBand is annoying, Landorus too, but it's okay if we play good.

Dugtrio + weather: no one can beat Dugtrio anyways, and it takes good prediction to go around it.
Nasty Plot Celebi with entry hazards support: Not much you can do about this, especially if the run a ton of Speed. It's not affected by paralysis nor toxic, so our best bet is to have Tyranitar and Jirachi in high health. If all else fails, Excadrill can kill it.
Virizon: It's not a huge problem, but we've fixed this issue by adding status on our members. A well-played Virizon will give us troubles, but Rotom-W lure should beat it and Jirachi.
Thundurus: Who isn't weak to this motherfucker?
Volcorona: Yeah after two, we are literally toast. One of the main reasons why we switched Ice beam for Crunch on tar.
Fighting-types: Extremely painful to our team, but its manageable with Gliscor and Excadrill. Paralysis is a huge heal for us against these guys.

Conclusion

It's the end of this RMT. I hope you'll enjoy reading this team. I wanna say for everyone, it can be possible you've already seen this team on the ladder or a really similar, we know with franky it's a "standard" Sandteam, but we tried to build something original, especially with Jirachi, but it's pretty hard in this metagame, so the team can be standard for you. Anyway, thank you for reading this rmt, thank you franky it was a pleasure working with you and see you all for a next RMT.

Thank you for taking time to read our RMT! I have a lot of confidence with this team being one of the most effective and consistent Excadrill team. It's been a great tournament assassin, nagging me wins from very important games with a slew of surprises and great play. However, no team is perfect and I've become really iffy with using this team because it does get rusty overtime, which is why we posted it. Input is greatly needed because in BW, a team can always be reused for future tournament use due to the unpredictable team match up you might possible face.

Special thanks to folgorio, bluewind, my french teammates, iconic and others members who help us for this team !

Go10

Storm Vanguard !
Well, pretty good team, I've already told you what I'm thinking about it and what she need.

Anyway, you're pretty weak to some mons like Gengar, Haxorus, Terrakion and Landlos. The two last can 2HKO everyone, you'll have to revenge kill them. Also, since Celebi lack Recover, you'll be in trouble against Rotom if you let him spam Volt Switch. The only issue is Toxic him with Gliscor.
You dont really need the 72 Spd on Gliscor since there is no Tyra jolly today, you can invest them in SpD to take HP Ice from Viridion (well, you already can take it but it'll help in some case).

Be careful with Rotom, if you let him being burned/poisoned, you'll be screwed against some rain offence (which pack Starmie + Rotom + Politoed).

Finally, you cant win against sunny team which use Dugtrio. You'll be forced to bring Tyranitar and being trapped (since he's, with rotom, your only fire resist). Same goes against Rain but you can manage around with Rotom and Celebi. Oh, you're 6-0ed by SubVolcarona [/locopoke].

Anyway, good job son.

The only thing I want to say is "Great job both of you !" :)

Oh, I fought a few times against Ojama and Go10,I have once again to recommend you to put Stone edge on Tyra even if I know Pursuit and Crunch are usefull against Celebi, Ti@s etc. But Volcarona is for sure the Biggest threat of the team. With an other climate we can set up once and you will want to put Tyra hoping to kill it with Excadrill but at +2 it outspeed all your Pokémon and does an OHKO in each one you have :(

It is like a little dilem here :(

Very nice team again :)

Crap , i franky fought me with this team for the Smogon Frontier and yeah she is realy good . The synergy around excadrill is well worked . I agree Go10 about her big threats .

Anyway this is a good team , which has proven his strength and still requires a minimum of skill .

I really love this team, men. There is a very good synergy. We can see that it's well-made : the explications aren't confused. Plus, you can counter many top threats.. (I agree what GO10 added about your TOP THREATS).

With details :
Tyranitar ; if this set is well-played, it can kill every Pokemon weak to this dude. I prefer Ice Beam over Pursuit, but that can't allow you to trap.

Glisgor ; I like the Toxic but without Swords Dance, you can't do shit to others Glisgor or to Dragonite, etc.. I think you should put Taunt over Ice Fang. Why? I tried a test with Taunt & Toxic and it completely stops the opponent in combination with Protect. Earthquake will be your only move but it has a good coverage. If you absolutely want Ice Fang, let it on Glisgor.

Jirachi ; what a goooood set... It's original, well-made and helpful. Me, I use Body Slam over Thunder-Wave to touch Ground type.

Rotom-W ; well, the trio Jirachi / Rotom-W / Glisgor is just perfect. I like the fact that there is an offensive touch in this CORE! It allows you to stall and to attack.. The opponent would get crazy as the match advances. Will-O-Wisp IS JUST wonderful against Scizor, Mamoswine, Dragonite, .. and Pain Split on a high-level-Poke is useful. But can it replace the officiency of Choice Scarf or Specs? The problem with this set is that you're more weak to status (I think).

Celebi ; this thing with this set is just a pain in the ass. The Evs allows this guy to be bulky-sweeper. And, you said it, they are not so many threats. The fact is that without Psychic, you don't touch hard Dragonite ; Salamence and without Earthpower, you do shit to Heatran ;$. The Evs in speed aren't necessary -like said GO10- since Jolly Tyranitar is not that common (DragonDancer is just a shit in 5G). And, I suggest you to use Recover because Giga Drain can't always do an amont of damage and with the Entry Hazards.. But where put it??

Excadrill ; Have you ever tried a Jolly one? That allows you to take down most of others Excadrill (95% of the players use Adamant nature ---> asked to more than twenty persons I played with this Mole). But if you want power and not speed, let Adamant nature.

I hope I could (just a little) help you.

Hi Ojama and Franky

This is an excellent team and although it looks pretty standard at first sight, it has some great creativity in it.

I really suggest Recover on Celebi. Heatran isn't really a problem to this team as you have Rotom-W, Gliscor and Excadrill who can take care him making Earth Power not needed that much. Recover will take away alot of the pressure when facing Rain teams especially when your opponent has got hazards up. You will also have an easier time against stuff as opposing Rotom-W and Sub Landorus, especially the versions with Smack Down, as Celebi only takes about 38% from Hidden Power [Ice]. This will leave you slightly weaker against "Rain Stall Jirachi" but as long as you have Sand up you should be fine.

I wonder why you are not running Body Slam instead of Thunder Wave on Jirachi. 60% chance of paralysis is still good enough and this way you also prevent pokes like Gliscor, Landorus and even opposing Excadrill from switching in with relative ease. There aren't many Ghost types that like to switch into Jirachi and the ones that do don't really mind paralysis.

Lastly I got a little nitpick, on Gliscor you could try a slightly different EV spread. A spread of 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 Spe provides you with maximum Poison Heal recovery while you can also outspeed opposing Gliscor etc. Also make Gliscor female so it can take Rivalry Outrages from Haxorus better.

On Excadrill Rapid Spin would be really helpful, unfortunately all the listed moves are to important to be replaced. But you've managed without Rapid Spin so far so you should be fine in that regard.

Good luck with the team!

None of these are nessary, just might be helpful(:

Team Analysis

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 76 Atk / 108 SAtk / 116 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pursuit/Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Crunch/Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Of course, Tyranitar. I'm sure I don't need to explain why Tyranitar is in this team but I'm going to do it. Tyranitar is the perfect partner for Excadrill because he is able to set up the Sandstorm and it's just what Excadrill needs because of it's ability. Tyranitar can trapp Lati@s, Celebi and a weak Politoed or a weak Ninetales with Pursuit. Pursuit is very usefull here to trapp these things. If the Sand isn't up, it will be very difficult for Excadrill to sweep an entire team, because other Pokemons can be faster such as Terrakion, Thundurus and Starmie. Tyranitar is our Spiker because we need one in the team and he was the perfect guy for this job and it helps a lot against a fucking Dragonite@Multiscale who can take a hit from Excadrill. We need Crunch because Pursuit isn't very powerfull against Celebi or Lati@s with Recover and it does a surprise because the opponent doesn't think we have Crunch + Pursuit. Then Fire Blast, obvious for Skarmory and Bronzong, two of Excadrill's counters. Today, 95% of Tyranitar have Fire Blast, so it's not a big surprise, but maybe the opponent doesn't think again we have Fire Blast if we already have Crunch + Pursuit, he can think it's the Careful or Adamant Tyranitar. So now, I'm sure you're asking yourself about this very strange spread. For Hp and SDef it's exactly same as the Standard Spread, we reach 291 in SDef and 393 in Hp, so it's same as 404 Hp and 280 SDef but with this Spread we're better in Special Defense. The Attack's EVs are usefull for a good Crunch on Politoed and for Pursuit because with the Standard Spread, Tyranitar's Attack isn't so good, there we reach 323 and it's really usefull. The rest in SAtk for Fire Blast and do a lot of damage over Skarmory and Bronzong.

Tyranitar is obviously a staple on a sandstorm team by providing infinite weather. This guy is probably the most valuable member on my team as it traps the most threatening special sweepers between Crunch and Pursuit. We opted out Ice Beam because our team can handle Gliscor well and we ultimately need the power to switch between Crunch and Pursuit. Fire Blast allows us to smack Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Skarmory for the 2HKO with the given EV spread. Finally, Stealth Rock gives us that crucial residual damage to help against weather wars against rain and sun teams. The EV spread might look intimidating, but it allows us to survive two moves from Latios/Latias with Stealth Rock, while retaliating with Crunch or Pursuit-- either or dealing high damage to them. I find those two moves to be important with determining our games because it makes it easier for our other members.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Protect
- Swords Dance/Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Before making the team, we needed a reliable core to combat with many of the popular threats today. As such, we decided to use Gliscor for our main physical wall thanks to its all-around high physical defense and immunity to Spikes. We brainstormed between Slowbro, Skarmory, and Gliscor to deal with Excadrill, Terakion, and Landorus; but we found it too susceptible to entry hazards and we can't afford to swap a move on Excadrill for Rapid Spin. This is your standard Gliscor set with Toxic over Swords Dance to help deal with Rotom, Quagsire, and Jellicent -- all three otherwise give Jirachi and Excadrill a difficult time. Swords Dance is not required for a team like this because we need to patch up our smaller holes without changing our entire team structure. The given EV spread allows us to survive Tyranitar Ice Beam, while also surviving other special attacks from things like CM Latias, Jellicent, Quagsire, and plenty more. We conserve Gliscor as much as possible because it holds our team tightly together from a lot of threats. Ice Fang is obviously requited for Salamence, Dragonite, and opposing Gliscor.

Here is Gliscor, the bat who can't be destroyed. So when you're with your Excadrill and you wanna sweep the opponent's team, it can have a problem, something like Quagsire, Terrakion@Air Balloon, an other Excadrill or a Slowbro. Why Gliscor is in this team ? Because he can counter and kill two of them and the most important, he can Toxic the two others. If Quagsire and Slowbro are poisonned it's just easy to kill them or weaken them. With Protect and Poison Heal, Gliscor is really hard to kill and he can abuse of Toxic with Protect especially in Gen 5. Gliscor's type is very usefull for our combo because there is an important weakness for fighting type.

Swords Dance is worth considering over Toxic.

Jirachi @ Leftovers Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 108 HP / 148 Atk / 100 SAtk / 56 SDef / 96 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Jirachi, the perfect lure for Excadrill's counter. "What is this Jirachi ?!?" This Jirachi is just the main Pokemon in this team. Jirachi has an incredible job in this team, because he attracts Skarmory, Bronzong and Gliscor. Against Gliscor ? Hp Ice and bye Gliscor and we all know Gliscor is the #1 counter for Excadrill. Skarmory ? Just Thunder Wave this shit, with Rock Slide flinch + paralysis, Excadrill wins his battle against Skarmory. Bronzong ? Same, Thunder Wave for the haxx and then Fire Punch, just for having a weak Bronzong who can't do anything against Excadrill. So now the spread. We needed the perfect spread with the perfect nature for this thing. Lonely was this perfect nature because with a weak investment in Atk, we reach 299, like a Jolly Jirachi. Then we needed to kill Gliscor after Stealth Rock damage. With this investment, we reach 261 and Gliscor takes around 90%. Then the speed, we needed to outspeed Adamant Mamoswine and Adamant Dragonite who can be very annoying for our team, with this investment we reach 260 and it's perfect because with the rest, we can rose Jirachi's bulk with an investment in Hp and SDef.

Besides Tyranitar, Jirachi makes it all happen thanks to its versatility and excellent surprise value. In this metagame, Jirachi is notorious for running the standard defensive set or a Calm Mind set under the rain. However, we looked to abuse the annoying physical attacker set w/ paraflinch. At first we used the standard Substitute set, but we counted too many matches where Gliscor cartwheels its way in easily on the set. As a result, we decided to swap Substitute for Hidden Power Ice to surprise damage Gliscor. It deals a minimum of 88%; one Iron Head flinch /w SR will OHKO it or put it at low health for Excadrill to sweep it. It doesn't stop there, a lot of Skarmory's tend to switch into this set, and that allows us to use paralyze it, making it even more difficult to counter Excadrill with Rock Slide flinch and paralysis. This sets the tone of our games and when done correctly, can take out many Pokemon. Fire Punch catches things like Ferrothorn and Scizor off guard, 2HKO and OHKO respectively. Outside of being an offensive variant, Jirachi still serves as a decent check to special attackers and sweepers like virizon who is in dire need of a legit counter. The EVs allow us to outpace Adamant Dragonite with max speed, while the rest allows us to survive +1 Focus Blast from Virizon, while 100 Atk gives us 300 Atk points in total to damage stuff for decent damage.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SAtk / 148 Spd
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split / Signal Beam

Rotom-W makes a fantastic addition in our team forming the famous Gliscor + Rotom + Jirachi core, albeit a much more offensive core than the usual defensive one. We decided to use a specially defensive Rotom to patch up our problems with heavy offense rain teams. These EVs accomplish what they're supposed to do: sponge Water hits and deal with one of rain's biggest offensive threats, Tornadus. Outside of that, this is your basic standard set with a slight twist in Signal Beam that allows us to ward off Celebi users. We alternate between Pain Split depending on our opponents. Signal Beam is no slouch because it still deals decent damage against stuff like Latios and Latias. Thunder Wave is the most important move in this set. It allows us to regulate Virizon switch-ins, among other things. Virizon is a huge threat to the team, so we will often stay in and use Thunder Wave. The given EV spread allows us to survive both un-boosted Leaf Blade and Giga Drain. ( I use this spread => 252 hp / 120 def / 136 spd calm)

After seeing these 3 Pokemons, we can notice a incredible water weakness, Slowbro, Politoed, Jellicent are really painfull. Rotom-W was our man. Thins thing is just incredible in Gen 5. Volt Switch is maybe one of the best moves in Pokemon. It's a perfect switch to Skarmory and with Tyranitar@Pursuit, Rotom-W is an incredible partner. Celebi and Lati@s come on Rotom, Volt Switch and then they are trapped. We can notice a Scizor weakness too, especially the Swords Dancer. Rotom-W is once again the perfect guy. We needed a Pokemon against Rain team, and Rotom-W is one of the biggest threat for Rain teams. Rotom-W is just an awesome partner for Excadrill because he comes on all Excadrill's counters, it means Skarmory, Bronzong, Quagsire and Gliscor. Jirachi and Tyranitar could be painfull but with Rotom-W all works perfectly.

Celebi @ Leftovers Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 216 HP / 252 SAtk / 40 Spd
- Nasty Plot
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-W is good against Rain teams, but he can take alone all the hits. No one can absorb a Will O Wisp or a Toxic... oh wait, Celebi is the perfect Pokemon for this job. Rotom-W was very painfull and can destroy our Team, but with Celebi it's the past. Celebi can destroy all Excadrill's counter and it's really important. With Rotom-W for partner, Celebi can do his job perfectly. Earthpower is here for Heatran, yeah Heatran is fucking annoying for our Team and this Celebi just fucks Heatran. "But you can be slower". No, Jirachi attracts Heatran and paralysis him. Earthpower ? So no Hp Fire ? Ok come here Skarmory I wanna show you my big dick. The lack of Recover can be boring, but it's ok with Giga Drain.

A good sandstorm team always packs two resistances to Water-types. This allows us to have more wiggle room against rain teams, instead of one Pokemon taking all the damage. Nasty Plot Celebi is one of the greatest sweepers in the metagame and has very few counters. With Pursuit Tyranitar support, Celebi is nearly impossible to wall with Giga Drain replenishing its health. Hidden Power Fire deals with Scizor and Ferrothorn easily. The final slot has always been quite the dilemma for us, but we decided to use Earth Power to give us a jump against Rain stall teams that rely on Jirachi to beat Celebi. It also allows us to punish defensive Heatran, giving Jirachi ample opportunities to spam Iron Head on the opposition. Psychic helps us deal with Dragonite much easier because you never know with that guy's versatility. Recover gives us a head-on weapon against rain and will never put us at low health. Celebi's options are flexible. Ultimately though, either choices are fine because he still gets the job done with Tyranitar support.

Excadrill (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor

Excadrill is literally the lategame sweeper in the game. The only time I ever need to bring him out early in the game is when I need to check Thundurus, other than that, it really only comes out lategame to feed on the remains off the battlefield. With the way our team is structured, its very often he finishes the matches for us. High speed with access to Swords Dance and great coverage lets him wreck havoc. If I had to pick Excadrill's tiering it would be Ubers and that's pure experience moreover an ignorant subjective point. It is literally counter-less once its few checks are removed. Choosing between the movesets, we decided to use Rock Slide to let us hit Skarmory for neutral damage. However, we do miss out on hitting Gliscor with Frustration. X-Scissor is our choice for out final coverage move. We wanted to use Rapid Spin but figured that we needed to go all-out on Excadrill. It allows us to deal with Slowbro, Tangrowth, and Claydol for super effective damage. It also wards off Celebi and can OHKO it without a boost.

Here is the star of the show, Excadrill ! This team turns around this incredible Pokemon. The question was very simple before beginning this team : "what is the stonger pokemon in this metagame?". The answer what as simple as the question, Excadrill. With an incredible attack of 405 and a massive speed of 550, and the access to Swords Dance, Excadrill can just be the stronger Pokemon in the game. Gliscor is for me the best counter for Excadrill and with the help of Jirachi, it will be very hard to counter this thing. The only problem is the opponent weather. The Rain and the Sun are painfull for Excadrill because his speed isn't so good without the Sand. Adamant was for me the better nature because it does a lot a damage, and with the Sand, Excadrill outspeed the entire metagame except an other Excadrill and we have Gliscor and the Air Balloon. But you can run the Life Orb over the Air Balloon because it OHKOes Reuniclus. We don't need Rapid Spin because our team isn't weak to Stealth Rock, but Spikes and T-Spikes are painfull so you can run Rapid Spin, but Xscissor is really usefull against Celebi who is a terrible threat.

Hardly anything at all, good work.

While I'm here, how do I luvdisc RMTs?

Hey nice sandstorm team although it seems pretty standard this generation. Never the less it's still extremely solid so props for that but I think this team could really benefit from a choice scarf tyranitar who will check thundurus, celebi and +1 volcarona without life orb that are threats to your team as you mentioned. The set is | Stone edge | Crunch | Pursuit | Superpower | with a jolly nature and spread of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe. With this adjustment you will lose stealth rocks which jirachi can use in place of fire punch. You might want to consider body slam over thunder wave as you can paralyze grounds types and the occasional jolteon / raikou. I also agree with the above suggestions and replace earth power with recover as it's your main check to rain and you generally will never see heatran on a rain team and tyranitar, excadrill and to a certain extent rotom-w. I'm unsure why you have toxic on gliscor as most the things your going to switch it in wont care about a toxic and you shouldn't be staying in on jellicent, rotom-w and quagsire as they can all really hurt you and they should be left to celebi to deal with. I suggest you put sword dance or u-turn, they are both good moves which should be tested to yours likings. Otherwise very nicely built team although it's a bit standard to my liking ;)

EDIT: I can read your title and in french it means "A mole in the ass" >:o

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I liked this team, you probably already realised, but I had seen it before my match with Go10 (as had GS before your match). You guys probably started suspected something when I started switching Poliwrath in against Jirachi.

But, like, before the match when trying to decide on a decent team that I would know would have an advantage against this particular team, the main thing I noticed is this team is incredibly weak to spikes. I know it conflicts with the point of sweeping with excadrill, but unless you can squeeze RS in elsewhere, I would definitely use it. Celebi, Jira and TTar all just die too quickly otherwise.

I was a bit surprised Go10 actually used it though, given you had just used it against GS..

Hey there, pretty solid Sandstorm team you have here. My favorite Pokemon there is that unique Jirachi set. It really takes take of Gliscors by surprise, allowing your Excadrill to happily sweep. Unfortunately though, this team does have some common weaknesses that can give it a hard time. First, I would like to second Delko's suggestion of giving Celebi Recover. Celebi, being your main to so many rain abusing threats as well as bulky waters like Jellicent, you really really need to stay at good health. Especially since you're weak to your own Sandstorm, you're not getting any benefit from Leftovers. Earth Power would be the best move to replace. Although Earth Power can save you against Heatran, which your team is greatly weak to. The only Pokemon you have that can withstand Heatran is your Rotom-W, and you haven't invested too much EVs on your Rotom-W's defenses, making it an easy target to take down and then give your whole team trouble. So if you wish to keep Celebi, I highly recommend boosting your Celebi's Speed to 280 to out speed the fastest of Heatran (Timid Nature) which is very common as well as Adamant/Modest Swords Dance/Nasty Plot sweeper Lucario. A Nasty Plot sweeper Lucario can easily sweep your whole team (good thing they're not that common).

Next, your team has quite a big problem dealing with Gengar. Your only Pokemon to out speed Gengar is Excadrill, and a Rock Slide from an Air Balloon only does 48.66% - 57.47% damage to standard Gengar. Not really that safe. You could replace Leftovers from Tyranitar for Chople Berry. Chople Berry will allow you to take Focus Blast quite nicely and beat Gengar with Pursuit/Crunch. Chople Berry can also save you in other cases like against TR Reuniclus, which a Focus Blast does 46.47% - 54.59% to your Jirachi (a possible 2HKO with SR up). And TR Reuniclus could easily go through sweeping your whole team. So it's definitely a good option to carry Chople Berry on Tyranitar.

Infernape can also pose an easy sweep through your whole team, where Mach Punch can also beat your Excadrill when weakened a little. It's a big threat. Another big threat is Volcarona, as you've listed in your threat list, it can easile pose a sweep after two Quiver Dances and it also restricts your only means of stopping it from sweeping from coming in (Excadrill). Excadrill is unable to come in on Fiery Dance, so it's pretty risky to send it in on Volcarona. It seems your team is really weak to the most the common Fire-types, with Tyranitar lacking Superpower to do anything against Heatran. There's only one Pokemon that comes to my mind that can handle all three Pokemon, Jellicent. But the biggest problem is fitting Jellicent in the team. The most plausible option is to replace Rotom-W for Jellicent. Like Rotom-W, Jellicent is able to take on other Water-type threats with its Water Absorb ability. Jellicent does a much better job at handling Heatran, Infernape, and Volcona than Rotom-W. I don't really see any problems replacing Rotom-W for it. Here's the set:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold - EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
- Scald
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover

The reason for Toxic over Will-o-wisp is mainly for Jellicent to destroy Volcarona, as Scald won't be doing much as Volcarona boosts its SpDef with Quiver Dance.

As Hipmonlee stated, your team is also very weak to entry hazards, especially Spikes and Toxic Spikes. A well-built stall team can give you a hell of a time. I would really recommend replacing X-Scissor from Excadrill for Rapid Spin to fix that problem. Though, X-Scissor can help you against opposing Celebi, which seems to be a big problem for your team as well. It's a great option to have, can't really change anything else to fix the NP Celebi weakness.

Finally, I'm just going to nitpick on your Jirachi EV spread, since it looks pretty unique. I see that you run 260 Speed mainly to out speed Adamant Mamoswine and Adamant Dragonite, but I would really suggest adding 12 more EVs in there to also out speed Jolly Cloyster, Jolly Breloom, and Adamant Gyarados, and many other Pokemon that tend to hit 262 as their max speed. As for all those SpAtk EVs, Hidden Power Ice sadly, only does 80.23% - 94.92% damage to Gliscor (with only a 46.15% chance of OHKO with SR up). But I wouldn't invest anymore SpAtk EVs on Jirachi, but maybe go with Expert Belt over Leftovers? With Expert Belt and 8 EVs on SpAtk, Jirachi has a 100% chance of OHKO'ing Gliscor after SR damage. That way you can invest all those SpAtk EVs from Jirachi on either its bulk or Atk. Here's a good EV spread that I would recommend: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpAtk / 108 Spe.

Good luck!

I remember this team, nice team man.

Jirachi and Celebi are your only bets to beat Virizion, and they're both worn down quickly enough for +1 Focus Blast / HP Ice to KO. Therefore, I also recommend using Recover on Celebi. It makes Celebi a more reliable check for Virizion, as well as rain teams. It also allows Celebi to check opposing Celebi without Hidden Power Fire better (those used on a rain team, mainly). You can also switch in on Fighting-types this way and recover off the damage.
I would also use Chople Berry on Tyranitar. That way, he can actually combat Thundurus as he isn't that weak to Focus Blast / Hammer Arm.

Not really much else I can suggest, I would recommend a Landorus over Excadrill, but he's kind of the focus of the team, so...

1)IMO you t tar set is fine, im not about to run calcs but a fire blast will do a metric fuckton to gliscors and gliscors never switch into t tar anyway.
2)ino you're fixated on toxic gliscor but other swords dance gliscor wall and set up on your gliscor
3)Why on earth would you need signal beam on bulky rotom?? Nasty plot celebi checks and counters standerd bulky celebi, thats the only thing i can think signal beam would be useful for cos in general psychic types are frial and dark types are slow. (there are exceptions but in general these are true)
4) Bulky rotom needs pain split so stick with that.
5)Use will o on rotom so it can counter swords dnce scizor, metagross and friends.
6) I kinda like and dislike your rachi set but you seem to really like it and i cant think of anything that does that same other than maybr togekiss

Togekiss w/lefties
Serene grace
252hp/252spAtk/4spd (maybe some SpD if you prefer, but i like the extra power)

- thunder wave
- Fire blast
- air slash
- hp ice/ roost/ wish

Hope i helped and good luck :D

The main thing I'd be worried about is how you have to check weather based sweepers like Thundurus and Volcarona with Excadrill in the sand. If the sun is up and Volcarona sets up on Rotom or Celebi (or if chesto rest gets going on Jirachi or Gliscor) it's going to be a nightmare to stop. Same thing with Thundurus. The easy way to fix this would be scarf Landorus, but since this is obviously an Excadrill team, try running a more specially defensive ttar set. This lets you beat Thundurus and Volcarona as a last resort. Fire blast isn't that good because most Ttar run it so no one brings Skarm or Ferro into ttar initially anyway. Also running signal beam over will-o-wisp and running rapid spin on Excadrill would make hazards alot more manageable. Will-o-wisp doesn't bother common Rotom switchins like Celebi or recover Lati@s that badly where signal beam will.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Careful, 252 Hp / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide

pretty nice team, have a few suggestions

On ttar stone edge over crunch helps with volcarona, you might want to consider shed shell for dugtrio as although shuca berry would work a lot of duggy run sub reversal.
I run a signal beam and thunderwave rotom as well but i find that pain split is somewhat more consistent over signal beam which doesnt ko anyway, and excadrill rapes celebi.
Eternals suggestion of expert belt also sounds pretty cool and lets you bluff scarf

Cool team :)

Hi, nice team :D. I have a similar team with the same pokemon but different sets. One pokemon that i think would help this team is to make Tyranitar scarfed to help with other abusers of weather, and weather inducers. You can cath Lati@s, Starmie, Ninetales, and the genies off guard. Here's the set that i use.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EVs: Max Atk, Max Speed, 4 Sdef
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Crunch + Pursuit is for the same reason you stated in your thread. Rock Slide is for Volcarona and STAB/Coverage, and Superpower to hit steels and pokemon who resist your STAB moves.

Thundurus, Volcarona and Virizion are the biggest threats to this team. To deal with the former two, I'd drop Tyranitar's Fire Blast for Rock Slide, using a Chople Berry over Lefties. You don't need to hit Skarmory; you've got Rotom-W and a bait Jirachi. Rock Slide, on the other hand, will give you an easy OHKO on both threats that it hits; Chople is necessary for taking Thundurus's Focus Blasts/Hammer Arms. As for the Virizion weakness, I'd try LO Latios over Celebi. It has similar typing but it switches into this threat with ease and can OHKO it no matter how many boosts it's gotten thanks to Psyshock. Latios also brings recovery to the table, which is crucial when trying to ward off assaults from a rain team. Lastly, if you want to support Excadrill's sweep even further, you can use HP Fire in the last slot to take advantage of overzealous Bronzong.

Latios @ Life Orb | Timid | EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Dragon Pulse | Psyshock | Recover | Hidden Power [Fire]

The entry hazard weakness has already been mentioned, and if you go with this Latios, you've also picked up a Celebi counter, so I'm all for dropping Excadrill's X-Scissor for Rapid Spin. Just a few things to consider, cool team and good luck.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey,

Great job you guys, I tore my hair out when I was faced with that Jirachi. Anyway there isn't much for me to say here since a lot of great suggestions have been made. I support BKC's suggestions of replacing Fire Blast on Tyranitar with Rock Slide, and changing its item to Chople Berry. This will take a lot of pressure off when you face Reuniclus, Gengar and Volcarona, three Pokemon who can easily turn the tables against your team. Since Tyranitar now had no specia attacks, simply transfer all the special attack EVs to attack, and change the nature to Careful.

Latios is a great replacement for Celebi, but I would actually recommend Surf over HP Fire in order to hit specially defensive Heatran and Tyranitar. Surf also has the added benefit of not reducing your speed stat, while the Pokemon you hit with HP Fire, i.e Ferrothorn is very easily lured in and KOed by Jirachi.

Lastly, definitely consider Rapid Spin on Excadrill since Ferrothorn now has two more opportunities to set up hazards, while X-Scissor is not needed for Celebi any more since Latios makes a fantastic check. Good luck!

Hey there, pretty solid Sandstorm team you have here. My favorite Pokemon there is that unique Jirachi set. It really takes take of Gliscors by surprise, allowing your Excadrill to happily sweep. Unfortunately though, this team does have some common weaknesses that can give it a hard time. First, I would like to second Delko's suggestion of giving Celebi Recover. Celebi, being your main to so many rain abusing threats as well as bulky waters like Jellicent, you really really need to stay at good health. Especially since you're weak to your own Sandstorm, you're not getting any benefit from Leftovers. Earth Power would be the best move to replace. Although Earth Power can save you against Heatran, which your team is greatly weak to. The only Pokemon you have that can withstand Heatran is your Rotom-W, and you haven't invested too much EVs on your Rotom-W's defenses, making it an easy target to take down and then give your whole team trouble. So if you wish to keep Celebi, I highly recommend boosting your Celebi's Speed to 280 to out speed the fastest of Heatran (Timid Nature) which is very common as well as Adamant/Modest Swords Dance/Nasty Plot sweeper Lucario. A Nasty Plot sweeper Lucario can easily sweep your whole team (good thing they're not that common).

Next, your team has quite a big problem dealing with Gengar. Your only Pokemon to out speed Gengar is Excadrill, and a Rock Slide from an Air Balloon only does 48.66% - 57.47% damage to standard Gengar. Not really that safe. You could replace Leftovers from Tyranitar for Chople Berry. Chople Berry will allow you to take Focus Blast quite nicely and beat Gengar with Pursuit/Crunch. Chople Berry can also save you in other cases like against TR Reuniclus, which a Focus Blast does 46.47% - 54.59% to your Jirachi (a possible 2HKO with SR up). And TR Reuniclus could easily go through sweeping your whole team. So it's definitely a good option to carry Chople Berry on Tyranitar.

Infernape can also pose an easy sweep through your whole team, where Mach Punch can also beat your Excadrill when weakened a little. It's a big threat. Another big threat is Volcarona, as you've listed in your threat list, it can easile pose a sweep after two Quiver Dances and it also restricts your only means of stopping it from sweeping from coming in (Excadrill). Excadrill is unable to come in on Fiery Dance, so it's pretty risky to send it in on Volcarona. It seems your team is really weak to the most the common Fire-types, with Tyranitar lacking Superpower to do anything against Heatran. There's only one Pokemon that comes to my mind that can handle all three Pokemon, Jellicent. But the biggest problem is fitting Jellicent in the team. The most plausible option is to replace Rotom-W for Jellicent. Like Rotom-W, Jellicent is able to take on other Water-type threats with its Water Absorb ability. Jellicent does a much better job at handling Heatran, Infernape, and Volcona than Rotom-W. I don't really see any problems replacing Rotom-W for it. Here's the set:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold - EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
- Scald
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Recover

The reason for Toxic over Will-o-wisp is mainly for Jellicent to destroy Volcarona, as Scald won't be doing much as Volcarona boosts its SpDef with Quiver Dance.

As Hipmonlee stated, your team is also very weak to entry hazards, especially Spikes and Toxic Spikes. A well-built stall team can give you a hell of a time. I would really recommend replacing X-Scissor from Excadrill for Rapid Spin to fix that problem. Though, X-Scissor can help you against opposing Celebi, which seems to be a big problem for your team as well. It's a great option to have, can't really change anything else to fix the NP Celebi weakness.

Finally, I'm just going to nitpick on your Jirachi EV spread, since it looks pretty unique. I see that you run 260 Speed mainly to out speed Adamant Mamoswine and Adamant Dragonite, but I would really suggest adding 12 more EVs in there to also out speed Jolly Cloyster, Jolly Breloom, and Adamant Gyarados, and many other Pokemon that tend to hit 262 as their max speed. As for all those SpAtk EVs, Hidden Power Ice sadly, only does 80.23% - 94.92% damage to Gliscor (with only a 46.15% chance of OHKO with SR up). But I wouldn't invest anymore SpAtk EVs on Jirachi, but maybe go with Expert Belt over Leftovers? With Expert Belt and 8 EVs on SpAtk, Jirachi has a 100% chance of OHKO'ing Gliscor after SR damage. That way you can invest all those SpAtk EVs from Jirachi on either its bulk or Atk. Here's a good EV spread that I would recommend: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpAtk / 108 Spe.

Good luck!
Nice analysis. I have just something to ad. It is about Jirachi. Putting expert belt means " strange rachi " without lefties I think the oppenent will be alerted and will play carefully. So I think it is a better idea to let him in this way.

Ojama

Banned deucer.
First, thank you all for your rates and your comments.
So wow, ok it's standard, but i thing i wrote it at the end ? And ironically, i've never seen this team in wcup in all french battles and for all wcup battles i've watched.
Then, chople berry would be good, i'll try it, same for Rock Slide. Thx Eternal for your perfect rate, recover is the best option yeah i knew it so i'll use it on this team right now. Jellicent over Rotom, really interessting i'll test it, it can be usefull against rain teams and volcarona. Rapid Spin over Xscissor, once again i knew it but xscissor was better for me, so i'll test it too. About Jirachi, Expert belt is a good idea, but with the flinch, i can recover jirachi's hp and it's pretty good, but thx for the spread Eternal.
Thx again !

I love aeroblacktyl's comment here.
Basing a team around an excadrill sweep, wow. But I like the way you attempt to execute it!

Excadrill definitely needs Rapid Spin or your core just falls apart to hazards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)