Unicycle Mafia - Game Over! Internet wins!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
He sold out Aura Guardian the cycle when he was gonna get lynched, he was asking for wolf contact, so I made a fake for Coronis and told him to go for it, and to post everything I told him and inform me everything Lord Jesseus said. Eventually, Lord Jesseus believed my not-so-good wolf fake, and he told Coronis his partner would contact him. I didnt want a "tomorrow" so I told Coronis to put pressure on him, and he told us "Its Aura Guardian", and even though I wanted his role PM to be 100% sure, he didnt, so we only were half sure, and after his "Veedrock typo" we were completely sure he was bad.

Cycle 7 is over.

"Let's get Aura_Guardian!" the crowd says, euphoric to at last end this conflict. "Fuck-off-dickwhads-I-am-Jane." responds the lynch target, and he pulls out a sawed-off shotgun. However, before he can fire, Exarius takes the form of a paperclip, and with one quick "it looks like you are trying to kill us all!" he dismantles the shotgun and the robot carrying it. Hasta la vista, baby.

Dear Aura_Guardian,
You are the Terminator. You are aligned with the Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect.

Technically, you are a cyborg rather than a man, but nobody can tell because there's a layer of skin and flesh around your nearly impenetrable endoskeleton. You were built to infiltrate, and then destroy your target. Your current target is set to "everything except the Well-Armed Men".

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Scanning files about [user]" You will go through your memory to look up information on your target. Since you are built to kill, not speak, you will not be able to produce an entire role PM. However, you will find someone's role name, alliance and a concise summary of their role.

The Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will knock on your target's door and ask if they are Sarah Connor (old habits die hard). You will then shoot them several times with your gun with laser scope.

You win of the Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect win.

After a quick body count, you determine this must have been the last evil guy. You are glad to have survived, and return to your home to enjoy the internet once more.

Game Over. The Things You Find on the Internet win!

Postgame will be up in three days, I am not Earthworm.

I forget what, but rey's fake claim for Coronis had typos in it. LJ was fooled, but I was not. I would not have made contact if LJ hadn'tgiven out my name.

EDIT: Also, I would not have phrased it that way... I'm not one for profanities.

EDIT 2: I really did typo Veedrock! I still am not sure how, but I really did typo it.

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
He sold out Aura Guardian the cycle when he was gonna get lynched, he was asking for wolf contact, so I made a fake for Coronis and told him to go for it, and to post everything I told him and inform me everything Lord Jesseus said. Eventually, Lord Jesseus believed my not-so-good wolf fake, and he told Coronis his partner would contact him. I didnt want a "tomorrow" so I told Coronis to put pressure on him, and he told us "Its Aura Guardian", and even though I wanted his role PM to be 100% sure, he didnt, so we only were half sure, and after his "Veedrock typo" we were completely sure he was bad.
i am speechless

Dear Staraptor Call,
You are Roadrunner. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are the prime target of Wile E. Coyote, your ever-hungry enemy. Luckily, the coyote is waiting on his delayed order from the ACME Corporation, which allows you to do other things. As you are extremely swift, it is easy for you to see how others measure up speed-wise, which might come handy.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Measuring [user]'s speed" You will compare your target's speed to the average speed of "five". What exactly "five" means, you aren't sure of.

You win if the Things You Find on the Internet win.
This was my role PM. I did little of distinction this game, other than cleaning moot on Cycle 1 by confirming him as having high priority. But by consistently giving rey results that matched other inspections, I gained his trust.

The Unicycle feature turned out very well. It kept the game from being drawn out too long (unlike Maximum Duration Mafia) but still allowed enough time to deliberate. Also, it kept there from being a day that rushes by so quickly that one could completely miss it. I'm looking forward to other Unicycle mafias in the future.

When Coronis contacted me, I was not thinking at 100% then, and I told him to prove his role by killing Veedrock, which Amelia then did. So, I trusted him shouldn't have: I forgot the typos in his fake claim, and the slip up was before the accidental proof, I think. Sorry.

Postgame

I actually don't have a whole lot to say. I think it's pretty clear how the game went: reyscarface got a bunch of claims, and all the bad guys died to crossfire or lynch, with the only mislynch happening Cycle 1. But before I get to the individual roles and performances, I'd just like to say I was very satisfied with the way the Unicycle system worked. Nobody seemed to have a problem getting a lynch or an action target in. I think this is because of how used everyone is to Smogon Mafia. Normally, you need that day cycle to talk about lynch targets, but in Smogon Mafia the day is generally just a bandwagon vote, and most of the time you are just waiting until you can send in your Night PM.

Links

Double Alias Forums - The private subforums I made for the Monsters and the Well-Armed Men can be found under "Link to the Past".
Master Sheet - Where I kept track of everything.

Things You Find on the Internet

I had five power roles on this village (inspector, bodyguard, hooker, vigilanté and lynch hijack), and everything else ranged from okay to useless. Most of them just claimed to Reyscarface and bandwagoned to victory. I expected the village to have a very hard time with the Unicycle system, considering the unusually low time to receive, pass and progress information, but it really didn't end up the way I expected it to.

10. billymills - Khaled Mardam-Bey - Inspector

Dear billymills,
You are Khaled Mardam-Bey. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are the developer of mIRC, the most widely used IRC client. No matter how long you make us stare at your ugly face during start-up, begging us to register our copy, we won't.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - [user] has been using mIRC for 681 days, which is longer than the evaluation period ;)" You will beg your target to register mIRC with a 50% discount. They will refuse, so you will devise a script that copies all their log files to your computer, giving you full insight on their role.

-----
Role: Standard inspector, except the command is really long because I'm an asshole.

Player: Obviously a very central role. Smartly claimed inspector to rey pretty early, but martyr to other people so they'd leave him alone. It was found out that he was inspector though, but it wasn't before he cleaned polelover and busted Gmax and shade that he was kidnapped, then offed the next Cycle.
-----

11. RB Golbat - Mushu - Bodyguard

Dear RB Golbat,
You are Mushu. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You were sent by the ancestors of the Fa family line to awaken the Great Stone Dragon, but you failed and broke the thing instead. To avoid the wrath of your superiors, you devoted yourself to protecting Mulan yourself. Since you don't see Mulan anywhere, you'll just protect other people instead while you're at it.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Making a war hero out of [user]" You will accompany your target throughout the whole Cycle, spouting flames at whoever intends to kill him or her, scaring them off.

-----
Role: Standard bodyguard.

Player: One of the last villagers to claim to reyscarface, I think. He would've saved billymills from dying to the Well-Armed Men once, but that was during the cycle where their only possible executor was Lord Jesseus, who got lynched. Pretty much got randkilled.
-----

12. Engineer Pikachu - Kanye West - Lynch Hi-Jack

Dear Engineer Pikachu,
You are Kanye West. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are a famous rapper with a large ego problem. You wear hilarious but useless shades, and you made a joke out of Taylor Swift.

Once in the game, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Yo [user1], I'm real happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but [user2] is the best lynch target OF ALL TIME" You will steal the microphone from user1 and declare user2 the best viable lynch target instead. This will only work if user1 is aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet while user2 is not. This ability has a higher priority than the lynch.

If you use your ability, but user1 is not voted to be lynched, your ability will fail, but you will get to try again in another cycle. Only one more time, though. If your role fails for other reasons, you do not get to try again.

Your role has higher priority than the lynch.

-----
Role: Just had to put Kanye West's meme in this game. This role is pretty damn powerful, as when optimally used it can clean two people (himself and user1) and kill a third, which is obviously why it's a one-timer.

Player: Another late claimer, rey told me he was actually scheduled for the chopping block, but some time later his claim appeared on the sheet. He was a welcome solution to the "Gmax problem" rey had: billy had inspected him, but he and rey knew Gmax would just use his ability the moment it became clear he'd get lynched. Instead of giving Gmax time to contact neutrals and other mafia, they used this one-timer on him, cleaning the Engineer and getting rid of the Chupacabra all in one. Definitely didn't expect that to happen.
-----

13. evan/Exarius - Office Assistant - Hooker

Dear evan/Exarius,
You are the Office Assistant. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are the annoying tool that always pops up to give idiotic suggestions on how to format someone's work in Word, Powerpoint or Excel. While you can take on many different forms, you are best known as a paperclip.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - It looks like you are trying to kill someone, [user]" This ability only works if your target is trying to kill someone. You will bother your target with endless questions and ideas on how to do this more efficiently that they will give up and abandon their attempt.

You could also send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Would you like me to help, [user]?" Without waiting for an answer, you will change your target's spreadsheet so that they will screw up whatever they were doing, other than killing.

You cannot use both of your abilities on the same Cycle or target the same person twice in a row.

-----
Role: A hooker with some twists. Earlygame, a normal hooker can't randhook without ruining an ally's plan. Later, if a hooker is left in the dark (bad or no village leader), he has the same problem. In such a case, this role can randhook the kill preventing version, and as long as he doesn't hit a busy vigilanté all is okay. The non-kill version can be used on suspect mafioso, especially those who claimed to have no night role, or just to charge the main village vigilanté.

Player: evan claimed and didn't really do a whole lot...I guess his mafia instincts only really work when he is evil! Exarius subbed in when the show was almost over. None of the actions taken really made a difference. He did rack up +1 target on the vigilanté, but the kill that came out of that never saw the daylight due to the higher priority of mafia kills.
-----

14. Veedrock - Kesuke Miyag - Vigilanté

Dear Veedrock,
You are Kesuke Miyagi. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are a master of all that is martial arts. You originally learned karate from your father, and chose to pass it on to several apprentices. There is no time for a training course now, though.

A karate master must at all times be aware of his surroundings and enemies. At the end of every Cycle, you will get to know how many people have targeted you, but you will not know their identity.

Right now, you have adopted a defensive stance. However, if throughout the game, you have been targeted two times, you will step up and use your expertise to defeat someone in a fight to the death. You will be notified when this occurs. You cannot gain more than two kills this way.

-----
Role: A self-watcher that gains a limited killing ability if he's targeted often enough. There was plenty of roles in the game that could be used to charge him without sacrificing efficiency, such as the Dementor, Mushu and Roadrunner.

Player: Played pretty aggressively in Cycle 1, demanding a lynch over no lynch. He was quite sure that Aura_Guardian was clean, which was funny to watch, though he didn't publicize the fact that he could kill to anyone but reyscarface. He was going to kill Mr378, but he had lower priority than the mafia kills. This game had quite a lot of prevented and failed kills, and this was just one of them.
-----

15. Staraptor Call - Roadrunner - Priority Check

Dear Staraptor Call,
You are Roadrunner. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are the prime target of Wile E. Coyote, your ever-hungry enemy. Luckily, the coyote is waiting on his delayed order from the ACME Corporation, which allows you to do other things. As you are extremely swift, it is easy for you to see how others measure up speed-wise, which might come handy.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Measuring [user]'s speed" You will compare your target's speed to the average speed of "five". What exactly "five" means, you aren't sure of.

-----
Role: One of those roles who can't do much except charge the vigilanté. Five was the priority the mafia kills had, but good luck figuring that out, or doing anything meaningful with it.

Player: I might as well stop saying "claimed" because everyone did that...rey for some reason thought he could clean people by having their speed measured. The people he did mark as clean because of it were always clean, so he got away with it, but that definitely could have backfired...
-----

16. Coronis - Yoda - Word Inserter

Dear Coronis,
You are Yoda. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are a well known Jedi Master and have had many Padawans learning from you. You don't speak very well but you don't need words to show them how to fight with a lightsaber. Of course, knowledge is the most important thing of all, and you happen to have that in excess.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Sharing Wisdom". In the body of your PM, you may write words of wisdom to me. However, since you are so hard to understand, some words will be taken and inserted into the next update in random places. I reserve the right to not use all of it or to add similar words if I wish.

Also, during the day, you must post all your lynch votes in reverse order (for example, "porygon3 voting"). Even though you can't post them correctly, your votes will count.

-----
Role: porygon3's false claim from Double Alias. A joke role with no real use.

Player: While his role was worthless, he did actually make a large difference. He was sent by rey to claim wolf and talk to the confirmed mafioso to "collaborate kills". He got Lord Jesseus to tell him Aura Guardian was his last partner, which ruined the tiny little bit of hope I had for the Well-Armed Men. Well done.
-----

17. polelover44 - Shiro Emiya - Forensics Man

Dear polelover44,
You are Shiro Emiya. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are a guy from Fate/stay night. Goodhearted, honest, you like helping others and you despise the use of the Holy Grail. You are best known for one certain badly translated line.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - [user] died when he was killed" Your target must be dead. You will discover whether the Monsters or the Well-Armed Men killed this user.

-----
Role: Pretty useless role, mostly intended to maybe allow some guesses on what roles are on what team, but otherwise just a village vote.

Player: Found that a mysterious third party killed both of his targets (Bass and Altair), then died to said mysterious third party.
-----

18. moot - Gosalyn Mallard - Night PM Checker / Wolf Safeclaim

Dear moot,
You are Gosalyn Mallard. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are the adopted daughter of Drake Mallard, who at night takes up the role as the superhero Darkwing Duck, protecting St. Mallard against some of the most vicious villains in cartoon history. Fighting the Monsters and the Well-Armed men seems like it's up his alley. Now where could he be?

Your impatience and curiosity know no bounds. Once during each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Are we there yet?" The moment the host reads your PM, you will receive the amount of actions that have already been sent in (including yours). Obviously, this action has higher priority than the lynch.

-----
Role: A seemingly useless role, the main purpose was to allow the wolf a great safeclaim. The flavor heavily implies Darkwing Duck is in the game, though doesn't outright state this, nor does it say he's aligned with the Internet.

Player: Revealed his entire role at the first opportunity, making it even more useless than it was, and then killed by the wolf.
-----

19. Fishy - Rolf - Back-Up Apprentice

Dear Fishy,
You are Rolf. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You're one of the youngest Greil Mercenaries, and one of their two archers. The other archer is Shinon, who has taught you how to weild a bow. While you will never surpass your master, you are a great pupil nonetheless.

In this game, you have learned from several masters as well. While you have no powers right now, if you outlive one of them, you will pick up where they left off. You will never be as good as them, though.

-----
Role: The Back-Up Guy from IRC, except he could only inherit five roles, and she'd get nerfed versions.

The nerfs were:
Inspector -> Role Name Inspector
Bodyguard -> Kill delayer (by 1 Cycle, gets to know he delayed a kill)
Lynch HJ (unused) -> Additional lynch death without the village check (so basically, the lynch target and his own target die no matter what). Wouldn't work if the LHJ was used.
Hooker -> Martyr
Vigilante -> same role, but can only get one kill

Player: Got three of the above, but didn't really do anything. Until the tail end Fishy was extremely inactive, and while she claimed to Rey initially, she could have helped so much more. Oh well, village didn't need too much help with the luck and proper leadership they were getting.
-----

20. IRON KENYAN - Bob Ross - Artist / Unsilencable

Dear IRON KENYAN,
You are Bob Ross. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are a calm and patient artist, best known for your television show "The Joy of Painting". You are a master of creating beautiful oil paintings using seemingly simple steps. Through your explorations of the oil paint media, you have created some of the most interesting pieces of artwork that this host has ever laid eyes on.

This conflict is your opportunity to spread "The Joy of Painting" to everyone! You may not use text in any of your posts: instead, you must use pictures, even for lynch votes. Preferably drawn in MS Paint.

You must make sure that the people out there appreciate your art. It is imperative that they write positive reviews of your masterpieces. You must avoid negative criticism at all costs. If you have three more positive than negative reviews of your pictures at the end of any Cycle, you will become famous and gain new powers.

-----
Role: Comedic relief. This was cyzir's false claim way back from YCI mafia (we were both Milkmen...good times). Jackal can attest how believable this role is - he actually believed cyzir was neutral! Once he had three or more positive reviews, he'd gain immunity to all sorts of vote altering/preventing roles. In this game, that'd be John McClane (vote negator) and Yeti (kidnapper).

Player: I loved seeing him at work. His lynch vote pictures were absolutely hilarious, and he always made it clear who he was going for with a PM even though I never asked for it. He made a big deal out of his potential new powers before he knew what they were, constantly asking questions about what does and does not count as a positive or negative review. He said he wasn't even disappointed in the least when he learned what they were.
-----

21. Flamestrike - Man Goat - Mason / Mayor

Dear Flamestrike,
You are the Man Goat. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

BAAAAAAAAAAH! Justin Mclennan came across you while BAAAHAAAAAH hiking in Peru. He couldn't BAAHAAAAAAH figure out who was yelling until he saw it was BAAAAAAAAAAH you.

You are quite famous for your beautiful background voice on Usher's "Papers" song. You two are best friends now, and you know each other through and through. Usher is: Reyscarface.

Whenever anyone hears the voice of the Man Goat, they will assume Usher's voice is there as well. Therefore, if either of you vote in a lynch while the other doesn't (even if the other is dead), that vote will count double.

-----
Role: The first half of the Mason/Mayor duo. A good start for a village unison, and no real loss if one of them dies.

Player: Never got to do anything until the very end because Rey kept him hidden. Which helped a lot because it meant the mafia had to essentially randkill. In the end he seemed hesitant on getting Aura Guardian (despite CAPITALIZED orders to do so being in the spreadsheet), which caused much frustration to the dead rey, but he ended up following his plan anyway.
-----

22. Reyscarface - Usher - Mason / Mayor

Dear ReyScarface,
You are Usher. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

Usher Raymond IV (born October 14, 1978), who performs under the mononym Usher, is an American recording artist and actor. He rose to fame in the 1990s, releasing the multi-platinum album My Way (1997) and 8701 (2001). His success continued with Confessions (2004), which has sold over ten million copies in the United States, and been certified diamond by the RIAA. To date, he has sold over 40 million albums worldwide and has won five Grammy Awards. In 2008, Usher was ranked as the 21st most successful Hot 100 Singles Artist of all-time by Billboard magazine. He ranked higher than any other artist of his generation.

That's what Wikipedia says. What they neglect to mention is that you became an internet phenomenon when singing alongside the Man Goat. Since then, you signed them papers together and became best buddies. The Man Goat is: Flamestrike, and you're going to stick together to win this.

Whenever someone hears papers, they will automatically add the goat's mekkering to it even if it actually isn't there. Whenever either of you votes in a lynch while the other doesn't (even if the other is dead), that vote will count double.

-----
Role: Second half of said duo.

Player: Easily best player on the Things You Find on the Internet. Gathered claims from all over the place, caught all but the best fakes (hi Amelia)...really, his only mistake was trusting Aura Guardian. I never had much hope for Aura because after Cycle 3 it was pretty much him versus the world, but if it hadn't been for Lord Jesseus' idiocy, I bet the game would have lasted a lot longer.
-----

23. Fishin - RB Golbat - Informative Man

Dear Fishin,
You are RB Golbat. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You are one of the most active Smogoners, helping out in nearly every aspect of Pokémon articles. Whether it be moderating, caching or battling, you're on top of it.

What less people know is that you are also a Wikipedia moderator. Through quality checking all these articles, you often learn fun facts. Every Cycle, you will be proofreading a Wikipedia page, and learn something about the game that you probably didn't know before!

----
Role: RBG the Wikipedia moderator/admin. This was originally going to be just "Wikipedia" but I thought that'd be boring. Anyway, I've used this type in an RTM once, it was quite funny. The facts he'd receive are:
1. The village has access to a limited number of kills, and they require cooperation.
2. There are 15 players aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.
3. At the start of the game, there were five players aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet with no night action to send in.
4. There is a role in the game that compares someone's "speed" to a certain number. This number is the kill priority of the two evil factions.
5. If someone has been successfully inspected, the result can always be trusted.
6. There are no harmless neutrals in this game.
7. Both the Things You Find on the Internet and one of the evil factions have a role that prevents an inspection from happening.

Granted, I didn't expect him to last seven Cycles, but I had to make up stuff here!

Player: He got all of two fun facts before getting killed by the Monsters. :(
-----

24. porygon3 - Dementor - Inspection Steal - Lynched Day 1

Dear porygon3,
You are a Dementor. You are aligned with the Things You Find on the Internet.

You're a floating, cloaked representation of fear itself. Whenever you are near humans, you suck out their happy thoughts and force them to remember their worst memories and nightmares.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Leeching [user]'s happy thoughts" You will surround your target with a cold mist, and drown your target in mysery. If your target is being inspected, or inspecting anyone, you will prevent the inspector from receiving results.

If you ever manage to drain someone's thoughts, you will gain the one-time ability to give someone the Dementor's Kiss. You may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Giving [user] the Dementor's Kiss" You will suck your target's soul out of them through their mouth, killing them. You cannot leech someone's happy thoughts and give the Dementor's Kiss on the same Cycle. You cannot earn the ability to give the Dementor's Kiss more than once, but you will still be able to leech someone's happy thoughts after you gave someone the Dementor's Kiss.

-----
Role: A powerful role, but very untrustable. Ideally, he would have been inspected, and either sacrificed a village inspection to gain a kill, or block a mafia inspection. Hard to do that if he isn't inspected himself, though.

Player: Poor ygon3 always gets left out of the loop in mafia, so he wanted to lead for a change...too bad his role wasn't fit to lead at all. :( He tried his best Day 1, but billymills and Veedrock were both suspicious for him, and he was voted off on a day I expected to see a No Lynch.
-----

Neutrals

1. Amelia - NegaDuck - Wolf

Dear Amelia,
You are NegaDuck. You are aligned with yourself.

You are the evil version of Darkwing Duck, courtesy of an alternate dimension. You have an unhealthy obsession with anything that is evil, and you settle for nothing less but everything.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Shooting [user]" You will dual-weild two large guns and fire them at your target. Or something like that, but worse.

Using your criminal genius, you have made it virtually impossible for anyone to get to you during the first two Cycles. A lynch on you will result in no lynch, and kills targeting you will fail.

Before you came here, you trapped Darkwing Duck in an alternate dimension, so you know he is not in the game. However, it is likely that a certain Gosalyn Mallard is still looking for him. You may want to disguise yourself as Darkwing Duck to gain her trust.

In addition, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Infiltrating [user]" You will impersonate Darkwing Duck in order to learn what your target's role command is, if they have any. If they have more than one, you will receive the first one in their PM. So in your case, that would be "Shooting [user]".

You win if you are the last person alive.
-----
Role: At the risk of sounding arrogant, I think this is one of my favourite wolves I have ever seen in action. Nothing too crazy about his night powers: a kill every night, some kind of investigative ability, and the insurance that he wouldn't die to the mafia's first kill. But that really gives him a shot at winning without relying on falsifying inspection results is the Darkwing Duck safe claim connected to a villager.

Player: Amelia played pretty much how I intended the role: make a Darkwing Duck claim with the Night Command inspect in it, find Gosalyn, and sit back as you're marked down as trusted. Initially he was going to claim to have or receive vigilante powers which he'd lose if he ever killed a villager, but he ended up not doing that, which I thought was a better idea. He was targeted for kills by both mafia factions - once by the Monsters on Cycle 2, when he was still bulletproof, and the fatal time on Cycle 5 by the Well-Armed Men. Some people say he should have contacted the mafia, but to be honest the mafia would have killed him off or sold him out later anyway, at best getting to some sort of Viva-endgame-like-tie. The way he did it now, he just needed to not get hit by mafia randkills. I think I wouldn't have killed Gosalyn though, as this spouted all kinds of twin rumors.
-----

Monsters Which May or May Not Exist

Global Monster PM:

Dear friends,
You are the Monsters Which May or May Not Exist.

During your first annual Monster Meeting, you determined that mankind will not let you get away with this without a fight. While originally you just wanted to play bridge, it seems the others leave you with no choice. Especially those pesky Armed Men With Something To Protect.

Your faction consists of:
Genny, the Yeti, kidnapper
Altair, Ho-oh, inspector
Mr. 378, Loch Ness Monster, crossfire preventor
Gmax, El Chupacabra, lynch preventor

As an evil faction, you posess the ability to kill. You may only kill once during Cycle 1 and Cycle 2, but afterwards, you can kill once every Cycle. Each of you has an unique way of killing targets, and you are to specify which one of you executes the kill for the purpose of the game.

Your role PMs tell you you are supposed to send in actions via PM, but as the rules say, you are also permitted to just give me your targets on IRC, even those of team mates if necessary (though make sure everyone agrees on those targets). I recommend using a spreadsheet or a channel topic to store your actions in, or if you want I can set up an anonymous, hidden forum somewhere (this proved quite effective in DA Mafia).

As monsters, you cannot afford to go public. You will have to disguise your looks, as well as your abilities. You get to know that the following three abilities are not present on the Internet right now:
1. reverse martyr (anyone targeting his target targets the reverse martyr instead)
2. hook preventor (anyone trying to prevent or redirect his target will fail to do so)
3. bullet proof vest (anyone trying to kill the bullet proof vest will fail to do so)

To make your disguise more believable, you are capable of imitating a "reverse martyr" and a "hook preventor" once in the game. You will need to name an executioner, a target, and flavor (should it be needed) when using it.

During Cycle 1, you may give the host a list of ten or more role names. Of this list, the host will immediatly return five roles names that are guaranteed to be not in the game. This ability cannot fail.

You win if the Monsters Which May or May Not Exist win.
-----
Role: Heh, monsters. Pretty much my standard way of a mafia role PM: a shared part and a personal part. The safeclaims are much less mighty than those in Double Alias, but I still thought they could be useful. I also put some completely useless roles on the village side and told both mafia sides they could just claim that as well, but they all insisted on claiming things like yes/no asker and a BPV that can shoot back. :( The 10 role name list was a good idea, I think, as it allowed me to give them name claims without busting or confirming others. The hook preventor safe claim might not look like much, but if anything they could just use it on themselves for once...and of course, porygon3's role wasn't very village-like either, so I thought hook preventor wasn't too far out of the field. They never really used any of these claims or the list though.

2. Genny - Yeti - Kidnapper

Dear Genny,
You are the Yeti. You are aligned with the Monsters Which May or May Not Exist.

You are the Abominable Snowman, a legendary creature said to wander around in the Himalaya. Like a wolf or bear walking on its hind legs, capable of surviving the freezing temperatures thanks to your thick fur. This snowman isn't one kids build for fun!

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Luring [user] into the mountains" You will make a quick appearance to tempt your target to look for you in the Himalaya mountains. You will shake them off, and they will inevitably get lost. It will take them the entire next Cycle to return to their base camp. Your luring trick only works once on each player, and it has the lowest priority out of any action.

While lost in the mountains, your target is considered dead for most purposes in the game. He cannot be lynched or targeted by roles, and he cannot cast a vote, use a role or post in the thread. He is also prohibited from saying anything but "I am kidnapped, I cannot speak" outside of the thread.

Your target only has one means of communication: his nearly empty radio transmitter. While lost in the mountains, a player can send a PM entitled "Cycle X - S.O.S." Whatever is written in the main body will be publicized by the host the moment he reads it. This can only be done once.

The Monsters Which May or May Not Exist may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will roar with enough volume to cause an avalanche. You will bury your target under a thick layer of stone, ice and snow.

-----
Role: I like this combination of the kidnapper and announcer roles, it's pretty fresh. You can excommunicate people like village leaders and inspectors, prevent someone's role for a cycle, or kidnap one of your own dudes to keep him safe and give him an announcement. I really wanted NOC in because usually all kidnappers and silencers accomplish is preventing someone from voting, but the targets tend to force someone to copypaste their IRC logs, which completely defeats the point.

Player: Genny played very well for a newcomer. With Gmax busy and Altair dead, he had his work cut out for him. Very active, and considering how early most Monsters went, he did most of the role execution as well. Claiming alonketchum13 was a good idea, claiming yes/no asker was not. Though rey insists yes/no askers are generally more restricted, I assure you there's been plenty of times they weren't...but they are essentially inspectors and you can easily be caught lying, plus you risk running into one aligned with the village.
-----

3. Altair - Ho-oh - Inspector (full) - Killed Cycle 1

Dear Altair,
You are Ho-oh. You are aligned with the Monsters Which May or May Not Exist.

You are the legendary flaming rainbow turkey, and the first legendary Pokémon seen in the anime. You fled from one of Ecruteak's towers only to go and sit on another, though some self-proclaimed wisemen insist on sitting on the stairways unless someone has one of your feathers.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Sunny Day around [user]'s residence" You will illuminate your target's surroundings, allowing you to read their entire role PM.

The Monsters Which May or May Not Exist may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will use your special Sacred Fire technique to burn your target to a crisp.

-----
Role: Standard mafia inspector. Rainbow turkeys rule.

Player: Altair didn't seem to be under much suspicion, but he was the first of the wolf's unfortunate randtargets, robbing the Monsters from getting inspections for the entire game. However, even beyond death he kept leading the Monsters, which was much appreciated by Genny who at times might as well have been on his own otherwise.
-----

4. Mr. 378 - Loch Ness - Crossfire Preventor

Dear Mr. 378,
You are the Loch Ness Monster. You are aligned with the Monsters Which May or May Not Exist.

Nicknamed "Nessie", you are said to reside in a lake in Scotland, though the evidence is extremely disputable. They say you are one of the last surviving dinosaurs. They even dedicated an entire bureau of investigation to try and prove your existence.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Whirlpool [user]" If the Well-Armed Men Who Have Something To Protect attempt to kill you or one of your allies, you will cause a large whirlpool to prevent this, and redirect their kill towards your target instead. This ability will fail if the target you chose is a Well-Armed Man. Once you have successfully redirected a kill, you will be notified of this and you will not be able to use the ability again.

The Monsters Which May or May Not Exist may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will emerge from the lake while your target is trying to photograph you, drag them underwater and drown them.

-----
Role: A new role. I wanted to put in something to stop crossfire to an extent, and after some deliberation with Earthworm I made this. Even if it doesn't prevent anything, it should theoretically provide you with some info, such as someone from the other mafia who you can then contact to collab kills with.

Player: 378 claimed some powerful 50 cent BPV+vigilante role that wasn't believed at all. He wasn't very active, and his role never worked because only Amelia actually killed mafioso at night. :(
-----

5. Gmax - El Chupacabra - Lynch Preventor

Dear Gmax,
You are El Chupacabra. You are aligned with the Monsters Which May or May Not Exist.

WROAR RAWR RAWR RAAAAH. Look at the doggie! He's not a doggie, he's El Chupacabra! I'm running! I will help you!

What can you do? Once in the game, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - I will turn into Chupacabra, too!" Good idea! At the end of the current cycle, everyone's lynch votes will be edited to "OH MY GOD! CHUPACABRA FIGHT!" and there will be no lynch. This action has a higher priority than the lynch itself.

The Monsters Which May or May Not Exist may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will torture your target to death by forcing them to watch every single Twilight movie.

-----
Role: LOOK AT THE DOGGIE! Gave this to Gmax because we both enjoy CHUPACABRA FIGHT (and obviously because he requested to be mafia since he sucks as everything else! HEh).

Player: Was pretty busy apparently, and got inspected by billy very early, and offed Kanye West style by surprise. So basically, didn't do much, couldn't do much. Better next time.
-----

Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect

Global Armed Men PM:

Dear friends,
You are the Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect.

You came to wherever you are to cause mayhem and take over, not necessarily in any order. There's little to no room for subtleties here: get in there, shoot everything that's in the way until nothing but your pals are left. A simple but effective method.

Your faction consists of:
Lord Jesseus, John McClane, vote negator
Aura_Guardian, the Terminator, inspector
Bass, Tommy Vercetti, crossfire preventor
shade, Andrew Schneider, inspection preventor

As an evil faction, you posess the ability to kill. You may only kill once during Cycle 1 and Cycle 2, but afterwards, you can kill once every Cycle. Each of you has an unique way of killing targets, and you are to specify which one of you executes the kill for the purpose of the game.

Your role PMs tell you you are supposed to send in actions via PM, but as the rules say, you are also permitted to just give me your targets on IRC, even those of team mates if necessary (though make sure everyone agrees on those targets). I recommend using a spreadsheet or a channel topic to store your actions in, or if you want I can set up an anonymous, hidden forum somewhere (this proved quite effective in DA Mafia).

As armed men, you cannot afford to go public. You will have to hide your weapons and create a new identity. You get to know that the following three abilities are not present on the Internet right now:
1. rogue (if the rogue's target, or anyone aligned with them, kills the rogue, the rogue can resurrect)
2. tracker/watcher (if target visited anyone during the current Cycle, tracker/watcher receives the names of all their targets. if they did not visit anyone, tracker/watcher receives the names of all who targeted the tracker/watcher's target)
3. role copier (copies the role of his target for the next night, with some exceptions)

To make your disguise more believable, you are capable of imitating a tracker/watcher and a role copier, but only once. To use it, name an executioner and a target.

During Cycle 1, you may give the host a list of ten or more role names. Of this list, the host will immediatly return five roles names that are guaranteed to be not in the game. This ability cannot fail.

-----
Role: Nothing to say that I haven't already...probably slightly better false claims than the Monsters, but worse roles (vote negator is overall worse than kidnapper, and the Terminator doesn't get entire role PMs like Ho-oh does).
-----

6. Lord Jesseus - John McClane - Vote Negator

Dear Lord Jesseus,
You are John McClane. You are aligned with the Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect.

You are a cop and a hero, having prevented several evil ploys by cunning villains such as Hans Gruber's grand robbery of Nakatomi Plaza, or Thomas Gabriel's firesale. Your specialties include kicking ass and throwing one-liners around.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Showing [user1] what makes you that guy" You will beat your target in a fistfight then hold them at gunpoint, making any vote they make during the next Cycle count as zero. They will be notified of this.

The Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will shoot your target with your own weapon, dress the body up as Santa Clause, write "Now I have a machine gun, ho! ho! ho!" on the suit, then send them down the elevator. After you have done this, your kill method will change to driving a car into a helicopter your target is in, causing a great explosion.

-----
Role: Silencer, except without the "you can't post at all" part, since that doesn't work either for reasons outlined in the Yeti role explanation.

Player: Well, he got on IRC, I guess that's something. Too bad he also told Coronis that Aura Guardian was his last team mate, then didnt't tell his team about this...and also outed himself as mafia to a complete bluff by Rey.
-----

7. Aura_Guardian - The Terminator - Inspector

Dear Aura_Guardian,
You are the Terminator. You are aligned with the Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect.

Technically, you are a cyborg rather than a man, but nobody can tell because there's a layer of skin and flesh around your nearly impenetrable endoskeleton. You were built to infiltrate, and then destroy your target. Your current target is set to "everything except the Well-Armed Men".

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Scanning files about [user]" You will go through your memory to look up information on your target. Since you are built to kill, not speak, you will not be able to produce an entire role PM. However, you will find someone's role name, alliance and a concise summary of their role.

The Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will knock on your target's door and ask if they are Sarah Connor (old habits die hard). You will then shoot them several times with your gun with laser scope.

-----
Role: Inspector with somewhat limited data. I liked that idea, it used to be pretty standard...my Apocalypse Mafia inspections never got full role PMs.

Player: Absolutely hilarious. Clearly excited about the game in general, he posted and posted and posted in the thread until everyone was sick of it. Veedrock instantly believed he was a villager, which gave him a close connection to the village. He claimed Jane, a limited inspector that only gets role name and alliance...nobody had a clue about Jane beyond what he told us she was, though. He sat in the channel with shade coming up with new ridiculous ideas every five minutes like a hyperactive child, with shade telling him to sit down and take a deep breath every time until he had an actual sane plan ready. If it weren't for Lord Jesseus, who knows how long he could have gone on...
-----

8. Bass - Tommy Vercetti - Crossfire Preventor

Dear Bass,
You are Tommy Vercetti. You are aligned with the Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect.

Your life took a turn for the worse when your drug deal turned out to be a set-up, but you escaped with Lance and your life to Vice City, where you built your own drug empire. You got revenge on those who backstabbed you every time, and now you're going to use the Well-Armed Men to expand your imperium to a whole new level.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - Keep your friends close, [user]" If the Monsters Which May Or May Not Exist attempt to kill you or one of your allies, you will send the Vercetti Gang to interfere and force them to kill your target instead. This ability will fail if the target you chose is a Monster. Once you have successfully redirected a kill, you will be notified of this and you will not be able to use the ability again.

The Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will fire a rocket launcher in their general direction.

-----
Role: Same as Mr378.

Player: Well, he thought up a good channel name for the Well-Armed Men then died to an Amelia randkill. :(
-----

9. shade - Andrew Schneider - Inspection Preventor

Dear shade,
You are Andrew Schneider. You are aligned with the Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect.

You are a maniac in posession of a unicycle and several guns, and an expert in performing drive-by's from said unicycle. This makes you a force to be reckoned with.

Each Cycle, you may send a PM entitled "Cycle X - WHYYYYYY [user]" You will ride around your target's residence and shoot at anyone who tries to investigate upon it. Anyone using an investigative role on your target will be told they were prevented from using their role. The reason they are told has nothing to do with a unicycle or guns.

The Well-Armed Men With Something To Protect may also decide on killing someone each Cycle, though you may not kill in both Cycle 1 and Cycle 2. If you are chosen to execute the kill, you will perform a drive-by shooting from your unicycle on your target.

-----
Role: Originally was going to be something stupid and obscure, but one time when we discussed Unicycle Mafia before it started someone brought up Unicycle Drive-By and that video was brought up, and I thought it was much cooler.

Player: I think shade was the best evil player overall with the possible exception of Amelia. He stayed active to help out Aura Guardian even though he died early, but despite all good effort there just wasn't enough left to work with.
-----

Awards

I think awards such as "serial killer" are largely pointless. All it proves is that you had a killing role and you lived long, but it doesn't exactly tell anyone if you played good or bad. So here's some sensible awards.

Hero In Town (Best Villager) - reyscarface
He didn't fuck around. He had the perfect role and situation to lead. He grabbed claims, bothered for results and night targets, and didn't do idiotic things like announcing the next day (cycle)'s plan to tie a lynch. Honorable mention to billymills who played the crucial role of inspector well.

The Real Atagonist (Best Evil Man) - Amelia
Amelia was the only evil person aside from Aura Guardian who 100% went under the radar. Amelia had more claim material to work with, of course, but he also had to do it all on his own.

Comedy Award - THE IRON KENYAN
Awesome lynch pictures. Honorable mention to the Aura Guardian because seeing him flail around was funny as well.

Best Role Execution - Kanye West
billymills (and rey) thought up the redirect-lynch-to-Gmax plan, Engineer Pikachu had the role to do it. Nice job.

Worst Luck - Amelia
Two mafia kills in the first two nights, and an avenging randkill to stop what was going to be a potential wolf-win. Sucks. This really affected all bad sides equally, though, but it all came from this guy.

Best Babysitter - shade
As promised. All those "I think I'll claim naive / neutral / wolf / other mafia / silenced / kidnapped" plans must have been extremely tiresome!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Well as everyone has said, gg all, had a very fun time playing, and thanks for hosting Mekkah.

Also just saying, I love the Cycles, its a great idea.

And btw, billymills was the one who thought of the Engineer Pikachu plan, not me, I just got in contact with him and fixed a few things with it like the change of USER1 and the time to use it, so definitely give him props for that.

Oh and yes, Amelia would have probably won the game if he wasnt killed by mafia, because he was one of the few (read: myself, Flamestrike, billymills and Aura Guardian) that were 100% clean in my spreadsheet mainly because I doubted there was going to be another twin pair and that his claim matched really well with the situation.

Now Genny's claim was excellent, I mean the name claim, because the role was ._. at least in my opinion since I wouldnt think village had that many inspectors.

Mr378 made me laugh with his fake of Fifty Cent because that was such an overpowered role lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)