Unicycle Mafia - Game Over! Internet wins!

OK:
LJ claimed Andrew Wiggin (same universe as Jane), I believe, (claim written by me iirc). Rey suspected me because: I typoed Veedrock the cycle after I inspected him, and I asked to help mole the mafias. Lord Jesseus told me he told Coronis. In retrospect, I should have remembered Coronis's typos in his fake claim (Oh, I think rey said he wrote that) and said "I have no idea what you are talking about" and reported it to rey. Instead, I let my guard down.

I copied my playstyle from another mafia game. Lockdown 2, to be precise. I talked the most on the theory that everyone would expect a mafia not to do so. Unfortunately for other games I'm in/will be in in the future, I will likely use that even as villager. Anyway, Rey said he knew I was mafia Cycle 4. LJ sped it up to then, of course, but I asked him to ask the wolf to contact (giving out names: he failed, and I promptly failed after that. Sorry Genny).

Great game though, and I think this could be the new normal mafia style.

I hoped you would assume that the mafia's would assume I was protected, not you, or that you would have the BG, RBG, protect me so I could ask you if you were Sarah Connor. I also hoped that Genny (thought it was Gmax) kidnapping me would also clean me. I sealed Billy's doom, though. You did, too, when you tipped me off that he was an inspector.

I was hoping it would reduce your suspicions. I know that isn't the same as an inspector cleaning me, but I thought that any reduction of suspicions would work. Still, I was the last to die, so I'm content.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
sorry I didn't know Yes/No question asker was a bad role! Though hopefully next mafia I know what is a good fake claim or not. Anyway as this was my first mafia I had a lot of fun, and thanks Mekkah for putting me in.

A special thanks to altair, who without I would have died way earlier than I actually did. So yeah! I was shocked to see aura as the other mafia

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
This style of mafia was actually really fun to play (lol, not that I've played any other style, but hey, I lurked) as it was really quick; i was away for a day and a cycle and a half goes by.

I was actually in contact with Evan since Cycle 1.... and we both were exchanging information without any thoughts (apart from i was wolf), but then he got subbed out. Oops.

Also, i killed Gosalyn to prove beyond a doubt that darkwing duck exists in this game lol. It made me 120% clean!

Edit: and it backfired because 120% clean made the mafia kill me lol.

Also, best newcomer award in my opinion is aura guardian, well played dude.

Right, forgot this part.

<evan> speaking of, do you know if users: billymills, altair, coronis, fishin, staraptor call, iron kenyan, reyscarface have ever been wolf?

<evan> a "good, but not high profile player, who has never been a wolf in a mafia before"
<evan> mekkah's stated criteria for choosing his wolves
<evan> i suspect it is underway as we speak

Lol... evan never realized it, but his criteria fit perfectly... to me. I've been playing since one of the first mafias... and i was never wolf before. Sadly.

I was actually in contact with Evan since Cycle 1.... and we both were exchanging information without any thoughts (apart from i was wolf), but then he got subbed out. Oops.

Also, i killed Gosalyn to prove beyond a doubt that darkwing duck exists in this game lol. It made me 120% clean!

Edit: and it backfired because 120% clean made the mafia kill me lol.

Also, best newcomer award in my opinion is aura guardian, well played dude.
Thanks. Sorry for shooting you. Seems you were not Sarah Connor, nor a twin (which is why I shot you, not the 120% clean).

My main concern now is that this mafia has made me temporarily high-profile on superstars.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Thanks. Sorry for shooting you. Seems you were not Sarah Connor, nor a twin (which is why I shot you, not the 120% clean).

My main concern now is that this mafia has made me temporarily high-profile on superstars.
Idk man, but the only reason I believed in you and possibly quite others was that there was no way in hell someone would act so dumbly annoying for the village without being village (you impressed me here with your terrible arguments and plans, thought nobody on their right minds could), and no, having a decent game doesnt make you "high-profile".

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Actually, Amelia, I suspected you could be wolf also. I just purposely left you out of that list because I was talking to you. I really thought Kenyan was due for a wolf role but forgot that he was just wolf in another game. Oops. I included you in the list I sent rey but he had no interest on working with that, which was unfortunate. He also gave me two people to target: Veedrock and polelover who turned out to be village causing me to distrust him. Of course, since I was really only able to get for a few hours a day and rarely in time to contact either of you, I had to have myself subbed out. Fortunately, Exarius was able to take the information I provided him (which was pretty much all wrong) and do better than I could have considering time limits.

Yay Exarius!

evan

considering you were a mafia and I never found rey's targets to be satisfactory (not to mention his lack of reasoning behind them except for "they are bad" even though they didn't turn out to be bad) nope.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Do take into account I did not know you were clean. Hell, not even billymills, who got 2 mafia guys knew why he should target x/y/z, he didnt know about anyone's role and I never told him results. I told you to get Veedrock mainly because I wanted him to get his kill, and I couldnt let you know his role because you may have been a bad guy and killed him.

evan

Understandable, but I also wasn't convinced that you were clean, especially when you were having me target villagers and giving me reasons that "you have just framed a bad guy!" and then not doing anything about it. I understand the value in keeping information close, of course, but keeping it too close will only make other villagers distrustful. Or at least it should. People get antsy when they don't know why they are doing what it is they are doing. At least billymills could be confident that he was getting mafias etc. I didn't even know what abilities I was supposed to be blocking. Obviously it turned out not to matter in the end, and I like to think that we could have worked through it if I had had more time, but given what I knew it was easy to be distrustful.

I was never going to lynch anyone other than Aura Guardian, but I wanted to make sure that if AG turned out to be clean that I had a backup plan. Basically since Coronis was my #2 suspect and Exarius told me about his killhook I had Exarius use the killhook on him and gave him all the info to lead the village in case I did die. It was useless in the end, but better to be safe than sorry. Props to rey for leading one of the best village efforts I've seen in a while, Aura Guardian for surviving as long as he did and Amelia for flying completely under the radar until he was killed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)