United States Nationals Thread - WON BY WESLEY MORIOKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

Halls B & C
100 South Capitol Ave
Indianapolis, IN 46225
(317) 262-3400

Saturday – US National Championships Preliminary Rounds
Senior Registration: 8:00 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.
Junior Registration: 1:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.
Sunday – US National Championships Final Rounds
Top 16 Check-In: 8:30 A.M

Use this thread to discuss anything about Nationals itself, not the LCQ

List of smogoners invited compiled by skarm. If we missed anyone, please let us know.

Jason "Fish" Fisher-Short - Seattle Runner-up
Edgar "felix" Fernandez - Seattle Semifinalist
Marc-Phillip "Bug Maniac Marc" Parker - Seattle Semifinalist
Duy "samsung" Ha - San Francisco Champion
Ryan "DeagleBeagle" Schambers - San Francisco Semifinalist
Erik "FMasamune" Tarbell - San Francisco Semifinalist
Christopher "Halordain" Tsai - San Francisco Top 8
Joel DuBray - San Francisco Top 8
Huy "Batpig" Ha - San Francisco Top 16
Grace "slimceagirl" Beck - San Francisco Top 16
Rory "rory" Neithinger - San Francisco Top 16
Taylor "TAY" Gugino - San Francisco Top 16
Riley "RileySox" Factura - San Francisco Top 16
Tony "Chinese_Dude" Cheung - Seattle Top 16
Josh "xerograde" Bujanda - Phoenix Champion
Travis "shinryu" Evans - Phoenix Semifinalist
Omari "BadIntent" Travis - Phoenix Top 8
Maria "Masha" Gutin - Phoenix Top 8
Allen "imperfectluck" Liu - Phoenix Top 16
Jesse "JDSaultbot" Strouth - Phoenix Top 16
Jesus "Ninahaza" Ninahaza - Phoenix Top 16
Jonathan "jgiles" Giles - Dallas Champion
Perry "Dances with Ninjas" Pickett - Dallas Runner-up
Juddley "kongler" Price - Dallas semifinalist
Chad "clarinetist87" McCall - Dallas Top 8
Stephen "IMAWario" Shotwell - Dallas Top 16
Milan "PokemonMaster" Patel - Dallas Top 16
Stephen Morioka - Dallas Top 16
Jonathan "JRank/Red backpack" Rankin - Dallas Top 16
Trista "ryuzaki" Medine - Dallas Top 16
David Arnold - Atlanta Champion
Glenn "HagridTwin" Arnold - Atlanta Runner-up
Len "Alaka" Deuel - Atlanta Seminfinalist
Andrew "Waytoo" Mongue - Top 8 Atlanta
Ivan "Metal Gods" Magallon - Top 16 Atlanta
Erich "Wolf Illusion" Schuler - Atlanta Top 16
Matthew "MattJ" Carter - Atlanta Top 16
Danny "TTS" Zollner - Newark Champion
Aaron "Serendipity" Zheng - Newark Semi-finalist
Dan "dtrain" Levinson - Newark Top 8
Ray "BlueCookies" Rizzo - Newark Top 16
Charles "Chalkey" Horenstein - Newark

Last Chance Qualifiers:
-Andrea "andrea" Shaffer
-Mike "skarm" Papagianis
-Mike "OmegaDonut" Suleski
-Thomas "PBB" Mifflin
-Alan "MustacheDeagle/Metabou" Schambers

We should definitely make a list of who has been invited (if we can) after Newark is over to get a good idea of who will be representing Smogon at Nats.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
woot i cant wait for the nationals weekend, its gonna be so much fun and i am gonna be taking pics with everyone so no one hide ok. there were two mountains to conquer, i conquered the first one [finding a way to make the trip to indi] but the second one is kicking my ass really bad. the second mountain to conquer is making a team i can actually be happy with. at this point i just hope i dont become like one of those people who just keeps making edits/new teams that nationals is here and i still dont have a team........again

Hey, does anyone think we could get a stream for this up? I think that'd be pretty sick to have a stream. Someone who goes from Smogon just to watch or gets knocked out early could host it.

Ninahaza

Hey, does anyone think we could get a stream for this up? I think that'd be pretty sick to have a stream. Someone who goes from Smogon just to watch or gets knocked out early could host it.
i was thinking of doing something like that. i will be taking my laptop, video camera and camera with me and i know i will have internet access, atleast with all those equipment i hope to update maybe in a 5 minute interval with pics and video's. if its not a live stream then youtube takes some time for the video's to be viewed, but they should be viewable that same day late afternoon time most likely if i post then in the morning time when the event takes place. but its all still in planing. i am wasting so much time on building my nats team that i havent gotten to planing things yet

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There's a UStream app for the iPhone people should try out if they've got a data plan. I wouldn't mind a Smogon stream that weekend (or at any of the regionals!) =)

If we could set something up, hell, I'd even host it. Newark is too soon to set it up, but we should try getting one together. Maybe setting up a table with a camera for the host who can give updates, transitions to stuff, etc, and have someone going around with something like that UStream app that can video the crowd and talk to people, as well as stream matches.

Red backpack? Am I a joke now?
Why would you think you're a joke? You always say you're the kid with the red backpack, it's even in your signature. That's what people are going to look for when they look for you....your backpack.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Why would you think you're a joke? You always say you're the kid with the red backpack, it's even in your signature. That's what people are going to look for when they look for you....your backpack.
The only reason it's in my sig is because apparently that's what I've made everyone think I am.

Ninahaza

hey umm JRank at nationals when i am taking a picture with everyone i was wondering if ummm.....you know.. .. hrrmmmm, you know if i can take one with the red backpack :)

JRank

Jonny
hey umm JRank at nationals when i am taking a picture with everyone i was wondering if ummm.....you know.. .. hrrmmmm, you know if i can take one with the red backpack :)
Lol sure I can see you having a picture with my backpack and the back of my head.

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
And how did skarm (it said he made the list) know that my name was Jonathan Rankin?
Nintendo publishes the list. If you want it removed from this forum, though, PM me and I will delete your name from that post, your post and this post ;)

JRank

Jonny
Nintendo publishes the list. If you want it removed from this forum, though, PM me and I will delete your name from that post, your post and this post ;)
No, it's cool, I saw my name. (on the site) I want to know how Skarm knew that was me.

I made top 8 in Dallas and plan to attend ... but as I did not join until after the regional qualifier, perhaps I don't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)