United States Nationals Thread - WON BY WESLEY MORIOKA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
so Alaka is the official smogon hero of the day yo. first he gets revenge for the ducks by defeating enfuergo, then he gets revenge for Huy by taking out deagle. i was pulling for him so its awsome that he won both times. no offense to both enfuergo and deagle, hate them or not you have to give them props as very Good pokemon players but ALAKA. ALAKA, ALAKA, ALAKA WOOOT.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
oh my goddddddddd, alaka's third battle against deagle was amazing, especially after the power went out on their battle and they had to restart, and alaka definitely caught a better break in the beginning. i was gleeful when i realised that kyogre was stuck in surf from choice specs; i actually got goosebumps when alaka got his softboiled off and everyone knew that he would win from then :3

45 Minutes for 3 games? that is more than fair. As long as you are not blatantly stalling your games should be just fine. And if your opponent is stalling by not selecting actions - call a judge for stalling and proper penalty's will be given. If it becomes a continuing issue, they will DQ the person who was stalling.
I think they should at least make it 60 minutes since swiss was 20 mins per battle. 3 battles for top sixteen- 20 minutes each seems fair.

Though honestly I hate the time limit. Players who would win don't always get to. Also it makes running stall absolute hell. I ran semi-stall but I'm glad I didn't go full on stall like my mate did. I only got to 20 minutes one time but others can't say the same. And 15 minutes is just weak.

Aside: Deagle got screwed over bad. Just saying. He was power-housing in game 3 of top 4 before the machines failed.

You know exactly that I am probably one of the few is like FUCK YES BI! GOOD ON YA!

You fully deserve this, you went over america looking to pwn, you were one of the few like me starting the vgc10 journey back in 09 whilst others made their team in the week. Well done man, if anybody there deserves top spot, it's you. Do me a favour and win the whole thing so I can say to everyone that my american friend (that I've never lost to, no offense lol) PWNED INDIANA!

Serious man, I am super happy for you. I'm going around saying you pwned and you did. Well done man! =DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

BI TO WIN!
Hey thanks so much for the support, man! I lost to the winner of the whole thing unfortunately. But it was in top 8 so I get to try again at worlds with a free trip. I got haxxed out of the second battle, but it's my fault for not winning the first battle. Then I wouldn't be on the verge of elimination. Admittedly, I underestimated Wesley because he pulled out a Kangaskhan and Rayquaza lead on me the day before. Oops.

EDIT: And yeah like everyone was saying, EnFuego irritated the hell out of me >.< Thanks for shouting out my moves to everyone around bro.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
also congrats to Bad Intent, it was cool meeting you and being able to tell you how fucking awesome you did in LCQ!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So what Pokemon did the winner Wesley Morioka use? Since so many people mention it was an "unusual" setup.
dude lol
it was ogre-top/croak with a rayquaza for weather control nothing "unusual" lol
just a solid team

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
It was just that he was the only person using any of those pokemon, really. I mean, I only know the teams of people who played on screens plus a few others, but those were the only Kangaskhan/Rayquaza I heard of.

dude lol
it was ogre-top/croak with a rayquaza for weather control nothing "unusual" lol
just a solid team
Well it wasn't quite as standard as it looked. Rayquaza Kangaskhan Toxicroak Palkia Hitmontop Kyogre

The Palkia was slower than my Groudon, and it was very bulky. It also knew Calm Mind. The Rayquaza was also unique since it had Dragon Pulse and Air Slash. It can change from anti-Trick Room into standard rain. There are also 4 Physical attackers (I included Rayquaza for ExtremeSpeed) on the sheet- much more than average. It made using Blissey a pain lol.

also congrats to Bad Intent, it was cool meeting you and being able to tell you how fucking awesome you did in LCQ!
Thank you very much! Yes meeting up with so many online people- some whom I've never talked to before like you- was an amazing experience.

So what Pokemon did the winner Wesley Morioka use? Since so many people mention it was an "unusual" setup.

In the top 16 rounds, he used kangaskhan/sash rayquaza/non scarf kyogre/hitmontop/toxicroak/palkia. and abomasnow and infernape, but thats according to others who played him in swiss. yes that's 8 pokemon. he was suspected of using 8 pokemon, but since it wasn't brought up until the top 16, there was no way to go back to what he used; it really doesn't matter now anyways.

his leads were considered "unusual", but he didn't need any luck in the finals imo.

Well it wasn't quite as standard as it looked. Rayquaza Kangaskhan Toxicroak Palkia Hitmontop Kyogre

The Palkia was slower than my Groudon, and it was very bulky. It also knew Calm Mind. The Rayquaza was also unique since it had Dragon Pulse and Air Slash. It can change from anti-Trick Room into standard rain. There are also 4 Physical attackers (I included Rayquaza for ExtremeSpeed) on the sheet- much more than average. It made using Blissey a pain lol.
I see, very interesting. And congrats on getting so far of course.
In the top 16 rounds, he used kangaskhan/sash rayquaza/non scarf kyogre/hitmontop/toxicroak/palkia. and abomasnow and infernape, but thats according to others who played him in swiss. yes that's 8 pokemon. he was suspected of using 8 pokemon, but since it wasn't brought up until the top 16, there was no way to go back to what he used; it really doesn't matter now anyways.

his leads were considered &quot;unusual&quot;, but he didn't need any luck in the finals imo.
Ah, so that's what was meant with unusual. Thanks for explaining.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Quick rundown of my matches. Expect Warstory later:

R1 (0-0) Erik Wong 3-0 Win
R2 (1-0) Ryan Young 2-0? Win
R3 (2-0) Trent Boyer ("Shuckle Guy" who defeated Bluecookies in Newark) 3-0 Win
R4 (3-0) BadIntent 0-2? Loss
R5 (3-1) Deagle 0-2 Loss
R6 (3-2) dtrain 1-0 Win
R7 (4-2) Rory 1-0 Win

Results: 5-2 for 10th Place qualification for Top 16.

Top 16: Vs Alan Schambers ("Metabou").

I won the first, loss the second badly, and won the third handidly.

Top 8: Vs Len Deuel ("Alaka")

I won the first, and then Alaka went into super luck mode. By then I didn't really care, though :o)

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hey guys. ok so as you know today i have been trying to get the "Indianapolis picture museum" thread completed and i would like to say its done :). anyways just wanted to drop by and post the United states nationals battle videos in that thread here. if there are more updates to be made [i hope not] or a video isnt working let me know in the "Indianapolis picture museum" http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74027
o yea for United states nationals pictures just check the thread as well.
anyways enjoy the battles, i am tired and off to bed.

BATTLE VIDEOS SECTION.
-unkown vs unknown
-www.youtube.com/watch?v=__ix6dc_5W0

-ninahaza vs Unknown for a winning record. [we were both 3-3 at the moment]
-part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY_SiK9JsVU
-part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXyU59Uag9A

top 16 vids
-Huy vs Duy
-i have been asked by one of the HA's not to post this video because they are going to worlds. please understand the situation and if you yourself have a video of the battle make sure to get thier permission before posting it.

-MattJ vs pokemanmaster
-video could not be uploaded. still working on resolving this issue.

-skarm [canada] vs alaka [U.S]
-part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93jKYUOL-aI
-part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggXUabNOC6Q

-Deagle vs Alaka
-Alaka vs Deagle national semifinal match

-Alaka vs wesley finals battles
-part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gvF4tc-vs8
-part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTfAtRdJ5fI

Ninahaza-I played Mattj in Top 16, but the video didn't record for me. I accidently shut the game off.

Well, first year for me and I got 7th. I met BadIntent, mattJ, Rory, TTS, and Bluecookies, all who were awesome people! Nats was great and I am looking forwards to Worlds!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
He's a winner in my book! He played very well to beat that Wesley guy wearing the "Alaka" t-shirt.

The Palkia was slower than my Groudon, and it was very bulky. It also knew Calm Mind.
Sorry for coming in again with another stupid question, but I thought Palkia could not learn Calm Mind? Checked on a few sites and they seem to confirm it. I probably misunderstand your sentence in some way, since I'm not a native English speaker.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There are also 4 Physical attackers (I included Rayquaza for ExtremeSpeed) on the sheet- much more than average. It made using Blissey a pain lol.
True that, also all the Fake Out and priority were a bitch to my TR, it was a very well designed and played team that countered the meta well, much props to him.

Sorry for coming in again with another stupid question, but I thought Palkia could not learn Calm Mind? Checked on a few sites and they seem to confirm it. I probably misunderstand your sentence in some way, since I'm not a native English speaker.
Oh I meant Kyogre.

Ya Alaka, heavy anti-meta. Makes me proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)