ORAS Ubers Unlimited Blade Works [Peaked #1] 93,7 GXE

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

Hey people from the smogon community I know that it only has been 3-4 weeks since my last RMT but I decided to post another one. This time it's a Balanced Team. Originally I was testing teams with my fren Incarnation-Fate but then I somehow got very high on ladder and decided to peak with this new team. There are three versions of the team but most of the time I laddered with the second version. The idea was to build a team around DD Refresh Mega-Salamence. Mega-Salamence is the pokemon which is acting as a game changer in most common games. The DD Refresh Set ain't that powerful but you are able to tank hits while setting up your DD's. Play it smart and you win almost every game. Also a negative fact about the team is that is lacking a bird check. You can pressure your opponent or switch Salamence in to get an intimidate but its a pain to handle Ho-Oh. An almost completed version would be Version 3 of the team but I didn't really ladder with it. If you wanna see Version 1 and 3 scroll down and click the spoiler. Every Version is weak to something and there ain't nothing I can do about. Well ORAS Ubers is a match up based game anyways. Lets get right into the teambuilding now.

Mega-Salamence was the pokemon which I wanted to built around. As for his weaknesses a pokemon from type steel was needed to have a solid switch-in against everything that walls Mega-Salamence. Klefki is the pokemon which fits best since it can also checks Geomancy Xerneas. A good addition to Klefki and Mega-Salamence is always Primal-Groudon. These three pokemon together are making a solid core and are checking most of the threats in the current meta. With Primal-Groudon and Klefki on your team you don't need to worry about hazards.

Even though Mega-Salamence is on the team this team was still weak against E-Killer. Well the best thing that hard checks it is defensive Yveltal. You only need to take care of these nasty Rocks on your side. With Yveltal in the team you also gain a good switch-in opportunity against all kinds of mewtos. If needed you can use yveltal as a taunter to break stall. Well that is only happening if your opponent doesn't carry Mega-Sableye.

So there are two birds on this team which means we need a good defoger. Well every team needs a defoger unless you run hyper offense. I decided to use Normal Wallceus. Well I know that this is kinda a unorthodox choice but I choosed it over Arceus-Water and Ground because I thought that these leftovers recovery was needed. Well its up to personal preference. I got Mega-Salamence anyway in the back and had no reason not to use wallceus.

A sleeptalker was needed to handle Darkrai. I don't know why but every time when I see that I need a sleep talker I always go with CB Ho-Oh. Obviously as you can see it was a bad choice cause the team has now 3 pokemon weak to rocks but this was the first version of the team. Well I peaked with this team and I still don't know how. Anyways. The team needs to get rid of the rock weakness since rocks are always up there is no way that this team could work any further.

Ho-Oh was good but Primal-Kyogre is better. With Primal-Kyogre in the team you got a good status absorber and a pokemon that can spread burns for days. Well Primal-Kyogre doesn't has the destructive power of a Ho-Oh but it can live longer and tank hits from the strongest threats in the current meta. Primal-Kyogre also gives the team another well switch-in pokemon versus Primal-Groudon since you can predict lava plumes and scare it out via a potential scald. The teams weakness was still Ho-Oh but you can't check everything since there ain't a perfect team. This is Version 2.

In order to save this team from CB Ho-Oh I decided to use Arceus-Rock. This isn't a normal Arceus-Rock though since it carries Refresh and Calm Mind. As you can see I dropped Mega-Salamence in order to save this team from CB Ho-Oh. Arceus-Rock also works fine as a Refresh Stall Breaker and there are no much differences in power. Because Wallceus was gone a new defoger was needed. The best pokemon which can take on Primal-Groudon 1v1 and provide Defog Support at the same time is Latias. Well Giratina-O could also work but it dies in my opinion way to fast. This is the final version of the team. If you look closely you can see that this team is similiar to one of my old teams. Wait a sec! 5 out of 6 pokemon are the same so what the heck was I even building??? Anyways this is Version 3.

Arceus @ Leftovers
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Earth Power
- Defog

Lets start with Arceus or rather Wallceus. It is indeed a pokemon you don't see quite often but it can work if used right. Wallceus is the pokemon which is taking on most of the offensive threats. With offensive threats I meant Rayquaza, Mega Salamence and Primal-Groudon. Tanking a hit and punish them with an ice beam is usually what is going on if I 1v1 them with Arceus. As for the second damaging move I choosed earth power in order to hit Primal-Groudon. An offensiv Primal-Groudon is usually 2HKO and a specially defensive one is 3HKO or 4HKO. The strategie is to damage it slowly. Racking up rocks damage is a good option so you need to think twice if you wanna defog the hazards (including yours) away. So yeah defoging hazards means that the arceus carries defog. For the last move I choosed recover. Gaining 50% of your HP back is huge. Arceus always needs a certain amount of HP before you switch it out, since it needs to tank a hit from a rayquaza if neccesary. For the EVs I decided to rather run a slow and bulky arceus. With 56 Speed EVs Arceus is able to outspeed Rayquaza and all other Base 90 Speed Pokemon that doesn't run a positive speed nature. The remaining EVs went into the Bulk. You shouldn't let your Arceus stay in long versus a Primal-Groudon since you don't have a pokemon on your team that is acting as a cleric.

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe or 132 Atk / 252 Def / 124 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Refresh
- Roost

The titan of ORAS Ubers, Mega Salamence. First of all I wanna thank Krauersaut for recomending the second EV split. I am explaining the EVs later so lets dig right into the moveset. Well I already told that I am using DD Refresh Mega-Salamence and that means I am using Refresh and Dragon Dance. Refresh is a move that refreshes the status from Mega-Salamence which means that toxic, para and burns ain't a real problem for him. With Dragon Dance your are boosting the attack and speed by one stage. This helps to sweep or rather clean later. Return or Frustration is your damaging attack of choice. You could also go with Body Slam but I wouldn't recommend that since Mega-Salamence doesn't get the opportuniy to spread para's and the opponents pokemon is usually already burned because of Primal-Groudon or Primal-Kyogre. Roost recovers the HP to drops the type flying for one turn. There are two EV Splits for Mega-Salamence. The first one gives you an overall solid bulk against everything that attacks physical. The second split gives you a bit of extra power but the special bulk is low. It's up to you what set you personally prefer. You can also invest more speed ev's into the speed to outspeed an scarf genesect.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Primal-Kyogre is the sleep talker and I still don't understand why this pokemon ain't S or S- ranked. Most of the time it comes in against Primal-Groudon and fires off a scald. Many teams only carry one Primal-Kyogre check which means you can make massive damage if you succesfully switched it in. Scald was choosed because of the 30% burn ratio. Burning things can do some great passive damage and that forces your opponent to recover which ends up in a free turn for you. Scald is an overall great STAB move and is boosted by the rain. As for the second damaging move I decided to use ice beam. Ice Beam hits Primal-Groudon and is doing a fair amount of damage. It also hits dragon hard and is a great coverage. You could also use roar instead of ice beam if you wanna be more aggresive against darkrai but I didn't felt like it was needed because I also got that klefki in the back. Rest and Sleeptalk are the moves which are letting Primal-Kyogre regain health and doing damage at the same time. That combination is also letting Primal-Kyogre work as a status absorber. For the EVs I decided to slap it all into physical defense. Primal-Kyogre can also have a mixed bulk but there was no need in my opinion. The attack IVs were put to zero to weaken a potential foul play from yveltal or sableye.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Spikes

Here we go again, Klefki. The one and true xerneas check is making his way through. Most of the time it comes in against Yveltal, Xerneas and Darkrai. Only switch it in against Darkrai if you sleep foddert your Primal-Kyogre. The ability prankster is what makes klefki special. Getting a thunderwave out before dying is always something good since it helps you killing the opponents pokemon quite easier. So thunderwave is the move that is slowing down the opponents pokemon. Toxic is there to hit walls and Primal-Groudon on the switch. Racking up much damage as possible is always nice. Spikes are some extra hazards. You could also use Heal Block instead of Spikes since RestTalk Geomancy Xerneas becomes quite popular on ladder but its all up to personal prefences. Play Rough is the best offensive fairy type move from klefki. It has enough power to break a potential substitute from xerneas. It also does some nice damage against the pokemon it is currently checking. The EVs went into special bulk since you want to live as long as possible versus xerneas. There isn't a move that brings HP back but leftovers are most of the time enough.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earthquake
- Roar

As far as everyone knows that pokemon shouldn't even exist so strong is he. If Mega-Rayquaza is 11/10 then Primal-Groudon is obviously a 10,5/10. That pokemon is so broken as hell but its open for everyone so why not use it. It checks Primal-Kyogre, sets up Rocks and phazes a geomancy xerneas if neccesary. For the moveset Primal-Groudon carries the stealth rocks. Setting up rocks is most of the time the priority goal since it limits switches and forces your opponent to defog. For the damaging moves I choosed lava plume and earthquake. Lava Plume has a nice 30% burn ratio like scald. Earthquake is only there as a strong STAB move. You could also use precepice blades but earthquake is more accurate. For the last move I choosed roar over dragontail. The extra damage via dragontail is nice but it doesn't phaze geomancy. I choosed roar especially for the RestTalk Geomancy Xerneas variant. I don't know why it got so popular but its annoying to face. For the EVs I invested everything in special defense and HP. Since I am using a sassy nature there was no need to invest in speed. You could also invest 52 Def EVs to tank a +2 LO Earthquake from Arceus but why would you even tank that when you got Yveltal on your team?

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Roost
- Taunt

The lord defensive Yveltal. It checks all kind of E-Killers and also soft checks all kind of mewtwos. The typing is quite nice since you are immune to two types. For the item I choosed charti berry. Charti Berry is an item that halves the damage from a rock type attack once. This is very usefull to avoid getting OHKO by a stone edge from an +2 Arceus or Primal-Groudon. Lets get into the moveset. Foul Play is the move you wanna focus on. The power of foul play is based on the opponents attack power. The tactic is to let them set up, tank a hit and punish them afterwards. Sucker Punch acts as an defensiv move against all kind of mewtwos. It's also nice to have a priority move on your team since that can force your opponent to go for a non damage move. With roost you are able to gain your health back. This is really neccesary to tank hits in the game. Taunt is usefull to kinda mess with stall. If it is connecting at the switch-out right you can also stop potential defogs. The EVs are normal. I only added a bit of speed to speed creep other Yveltals. This is helping me to taunt them before they can use a potential roost.

Click for Importable

Last Words
So I hope that everyone has enjoyed reading this RMT. Click this link if you wanna see the completed version and if you wanna see the beta team click this link. For the original RMT in german click this link. It was a lot of fun using this team especially because Wallceus was in it. Tell me what you think about this team and message me if you have any important questions. Thats it for now. Have a nice day testing this team.

Threatslist

The probably biggest threat to the team. You can soft check it via Mega-Salamence and Arceus but the power behind his attacks are massive. Always try to let your rocks out in order to beat it. You can also keep your offensiv pressure up to scare it out.

Gladly there aren't any good teams out there with that pokemon in it. This pokemon would straight up do massive damage every time it comes in. I can check it with Primal-Kyogre more or less but Kyurem-W ain't a pokemon you wanna mess with.

The team is not really weak to it but it can become sometimes really annoying. Just let Primal-Kyogre or Arceus healthy and that pokemon ain't even a real challenge to take out.

Shoutouts
Feraen AFK Vision Ward amber lamps av Kakuna Dark.Future Draciel RC Dragon God Red Erzkrieger Exiline Fille Ghost2Hunt HaxED Ice Tea hyw Incarnation-Fate James Jimmy Jay Santos karki tho karla Schnikov Lord Outrage Lord Qwilfish moonbase njnp Slurmz SparksBlade Substitution Superior TTar TCMK TFantasyy Yagura SockeFTW Drum'n'Bass Chill Shadow Chainy Imagend

I am the bone of my sword
  Steel is my body and fire is my blood
  I have created over a thousand blades
  Unknown to death
  Nor known to life
  Have withstood pain to create many weapons
  Yet those hands shall never hold anything
So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works

Last edited:
Hi It's just Lacus and Thank you for the shout out :)

I have some major concerns I have to address about your team however:
1) You auto lose vs stall teams. You don't even have one wallbreaker/stall breaker on this team and you don't have a cleric so you definitely have no chance vs stall teams and semi stall teams.
2) Teams with offensive Ho oh+Cleric, if played well can extremely annoy your team.
3) Diancie+Ho-oh core can be very annoying too and it's very common.
4) Calm Mind Refresh Arceus Dark unless you really hax it heavily with Klefki.

Now, What I like about your team:
1) Not being weak to Hyper Offense: Any HO can be manageable since you cover pretty much every threat on HO well which is the reason behind your peak.
2) Your threat list is short since with the 6 pokemons you use, you check a big portion of the metagame.

Possible Fixes:
I don't want to give you fixes that will make this team a standard build or a team that has already been made so I will just suggest a few things:
1) Calm Mind > Sleep Talk on Kyogre. This makes your Primal Kyogre good vs stall specially as a last pokemon when the opponent can no longer Whirlwind or Roar and once Primal Groudon is weakened.
2) Offensive Yveltal with Taunt > Defensive Yveltal . A good stall breaker first and gives you offensive pressure while still checking Mewtwo and Ghostceus pretty well.
Yveltal @ Life Orb
Trait: Dark Aura
EVs: 72 Atk / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- U-turn
- Sucker Punch

2) Will-O-Wisp > Defog on Wallceus to check Ekiller.
4) Defog > Dragon Dance on Mence.

Hope I helped and good luck!

Last edited:

Lacus Clyne

Given-Taken
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Yeah this is why I am using Version 3. I fixed all the weaknesses in this link. But yeah true I can confirm all the weaknesses. As for CM Refresh Arceus I am using Heal Block Klefki now with T-Wave, Toxic and Play Rough. Since I am using Defog there is no need for extra spikes. I RMT'd Version 2 because it got somehow so succesful. But thanks for the rate and I hate you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)