UU Up All Night

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by PrinceNeos, Jun 12, 2012.

1. PrinceNeos

PrinceNeos

I Hate Sleeping

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

First I'll start with a bit about me, seeing as everyone else does it, and I love talking about myself. On the Smogon server I'm Prince Neos, I started off with competitive play buying Black/White on the release date just so I could complete it and jump into competitive play for my first time, I did exactly that and went into the OU tier with my friend, we enjoyed this thoroughly, battling each other and other people on the internet. After a while he decided to try other tiers first whereas I stuck to OU because I was so blind back then, I couldn't see the light which are the amazing/better RU/UU tiers. I then stopped playing for a few months due to my ability to loose more and more whilst getting way too worked up about this game than I needed to. I got back into the game about a month or two ago and decided to try the RU/UU tier to see if I can have any more fun than I did in OU, and I'm pleased so say that I do. However, for the most part I have been using teams made by other people to see what does what, and who some of the threats are. This is my second RMT but my first one was left for dead seeing as I made it wrong and couldn't be bothered to edit it.

And now a little bit about the team before I talk about the Pokemon, their sets, and their uses. My aim is to not get put to sleep, and to cover my weaknesses as well as possible, and I think I've done that well enough for now but I'm putting this here for your own opinions. I've covered toxic spikes in Nidoking, Mismagius and Bisharp; spikes have never actually been a threat to me in any game for some reason, is that stupid of me? And none of my Pokemon will be taking x2 against Stealth Rocks; whereas 4 of them will only be taking 50% damage from the rocks.

[​IMG]
    http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/team_builder

Any edits are in Blue.

[​IMG]
    Prime (Primeape) (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Vital Spirit
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - U-turn
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Punishment

I read in a previous RMT that Smeargle was the best set up Pokemon in the game, what with being able to put a Pokemon to sleep, then put out some rocks and spikes. I didn't believe it until yesterday when I faced three Smeargle in one night, with two of them being able to do what they're made to do, so I thought I'd try to give a counter to that; Primeape can't be put to sleep, also giving it some kind of defence from some other good Pokemon used in UU such as Roserade and Tangrowth. Aside from avoiding the sleep; Scarfed Primeape is so powerful, being one of the fastest fighting Pokemon in UU, bellow Cobalion. He also has great power and coverage in just three of his moves U-Turn, Close Combat and Stone Edge.

[​IMG]
    Iron Man (Bisharp) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - Substitute
    - Brick Break

With Primeape on the team I decided to try and cover both of his weaknesses using Bisharp, a Pokemon which I have really seen go to work against me multiple times. He takes no damage to psychic moves and 50% damage to flying type attacks, he's also one of my four Pokemon which will not only avoid poison but also take 50% to rocks. Setting up isn't always 100% needed with this guy, if you play smart enough he can clear up with just Sucker Punch, or you can even get up a free Sub+Swords Dance and do some hefty damage.

[​IMG]
    Kong (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast

Nidoking is like a god when it comes to special attacking in my own opinion, I would try and fit this guy on every team I use from now on if I can. He also clears up toxic spikes making him and Primape almost laugh at anyone who uses a Roserade against me. If I was to give one flaw in Nidoking it would be that he isn't as fast as I'd like, though 295 is still quite high just not as fast as I'd really like, but I don't want to stick a Scarf on him so that's just something I have to make myself get over.

[​IMG]
    Mrs (Mismagius) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Substitute

Sometimes I get over confident with this little lady, I feel like I can throw her in and set up when ever I feel like it, sometimes it costs me a lot but most of the time it pays off. Just do what anyone would do, kill your biggest threats first; hers being other ghost type Pokemon or Dark types(which is Bisharps easy-to-do job using a combination of Sub>Swords>Punch/Brick Break). I love +2 moves like Swords and Nasty Plot, and it's great when you can do this behind a Substitute. I was going to replace her with a utility set because I was originally using her and Slowbro on the same team, but instead replaced Slowbro with an even better utility Swampert.

[​IMG]
    Bert. (Swampert) (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Toxic

As I said with Mismagius, this used to be a Slowbro. I had been considering replacing either Mismagius or Slowbro with a utility set of their own because I didn't really want to loose either of them from the team, but I ended up gaining to courage to put Swampert on the team and I haven't regretted it. My Slowbro used the standard CM set and my biggest fear was when ever I had to face something that could set up(like my own Mismagius and Bisharp). I hate going into battles without a Roar/Whirlwind user, so here it is.

[​IMG]
    Shmear (Smeargle) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Spore
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Magic Coat

As I said starting with Primape, this is one of, if not the best set up Pokemon in the game, and I haven't come across many teams using Xatu/Primape so far so it's doing great. You get to put a Pokemon asleep and set up at least one layer of Rocks/Spikes. And if I face someone else using a Smeargle I can Magic Coat.

Threat List

~Nyeh, maybe?~

Import me:
    Show Hide
    Primeape (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Vital Spirit
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - U-turn
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge
    - Punishment

Bisharp (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Defiant
    EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - Sucker Punch
    - Substitute
    - Brick Break

Kong (Nidoking) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Sheer Force
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    - Ice Beam
    - Earth Power
    - Thunderbolt
    - Fire Blast

Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Nasty Plot
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Substitute

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def
    - Waterfall
    - Earthquake
    - Roar
    - Toxic

Smeargle (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Own Tempo
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    - Spore
    - Stealth Rock
    - Spikes
    - Magic Coat
  2. example100000

example100000

Huge freakin problem right there. POISON POINT!?!?!?!?!?! Put sheer force on it right NOW.
    and also, you should definately have Timid on Nidoking as it's odd speed makes it get outsped by a lot of common threats such as timid chandelure if it is Modest.
  3. PrinceNeos

PrinceNeos

lolol, that, was wrong. That's actually sheer force. xD Wow, scrub mistake. I've never had problems with the way he is other than that. But, if Chandelure does become a problem to me, I will take your wise words into consideration, thank you.
  4. PrinceNeos

PrinceNeos

Scrap all of what I said previously, both edits made, but the ability was just a mistake. xD But I looked at him some more and stuck the speed nature on because he's still a beast.
  5. DrDynamite

DrDynamite

Hmm,The only thing I can say is that I can see something like Krookodile being a small threat.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)