Programming UPDATE Nov 20th: Updated with Sun&Moon sprites and Z-Moves!. Showdown App for Android (beta)

i love the app, but some changes need to be done. Please don't take anything i say as being bitchy or naggy. I'm doing this solely to make the app better and more like it's PC version. 1st off, we need PM's. You guys said the PM update would be here last week. Along with PM's, we need clickable links. There are also a lot of sprites missing like diancie and hoopa. 3rd, we need a replay viewer. when i try to share a replay, i get the link, but i cant click it or copy it. Lastly, you need to add descriptions. Like in team builder that when you hold down a move/item/ability/nature, it tells you in detail what it does. Also add the move description in battle too. If guys added all this stuff, it would practically be the PC version.

Probably never (Not from the members of this project at least), sorry!
he addressed this earlier.
I'm late lol.
Awesome app guys! Its overall really nice (I don't see anything that you haven't addressed). I like PO design aesthetically a bit better but it makes up for that in its simplicity to navigate and the extra functionality (ladders,replays,etc).
thanks for making this lol.

When going into battle the display will show you in either the p1 or p2 spot. It will say loading then bug captured. You will not be able to chose your opening mon. If you try to report the bug without getting out of the battle it will tell you it stopped working and bring you back to the select server screen. The other bug is similar. You go to watch a battle. The match will open up then loading...bug captured. you won't be able to do much except leave the battle. I've been using the app for a couple of months now. Absolutely love this app. Tried deleting the app and reinstalling. Instantly got the same result.

I thank you and your team for the app. I hope the bugs get fixed soon. definitely an app I plan on keeping.

I'm sure they're working on a fix but atm it's literally unusable, and I don't see an acknowledgement of it or anything. Help lol

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
TeToN I know you're busy with irl stuff but is it possible for one of the other smogon programmers to take this over? It's literally impossible to battle atm :(

either of you on the app right now? I wanna see if it affected challenge matches. My showdown sn is socatgniylf

you can set it to completely random

sorry gtg. will have to try it later.

Last edited:
Taking a look z

hm, cant seem to make it bug but i have the logs you guys have send via email
canyou gus confirm it's stil bugging? I cant reproduce it for the life of me

Last edited:
If you're doing fixes, the thing where you can't attack if both players only have one Pokemon and "ghost move selection" are the biggies :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)