Update Regarding Stop Online Piracy Act and NDAA

I can't be offended by SOPA and the NDAA, I too have mistaken the Constitution for toilet paper.

I'm afraid about the possibility that the head politicians in the US are in support of sopa behind our backs, despite the opposition, although I'm not accusing them of misleading the people when I know that the misleaders, regardless of whether or not they are any, may be offended if I give names of people who are abusing their power, as according to this article plus articles already posted about the sopa/pipa matter, I wonder if some will never be convinced unless we vote them out of office. I hope that claim is not 100% true, as I hope they do not have their mind set on hindering us and refusing to yield away from their desires despite high levels of opposition to their hurtful proposals, because refusal to listen to calls to sway away from fulfillment of your hurtful desires, despite the strength of the message, only leads to a logical failure that someone else will be forced to fix, at the expense of a negative hit to the reputation of the person who made the logical mistake...

Oh, and by the way, I have an example demonstrating their possible resistance to the people's desires that I hope they recognize before it's too late to save their reputation. According to this article, they have already passed changes to patent laws for the worse... :(

Yeah, the ACTA apparently was signed on October 1st 2011, but the Obama administration doesn't want to make the text of the bill public because it would cause "damage to the national security."

yeah the republican candidate will just use SOPA and ACTA as a way to get votes by saying he will get rid of those acts

Even if they could do it, shutting down Facebook is a terrible, terrible idea for so many reasons. It's such a huge part of the internet structure that they're going to undermine many legitimate organizations that are irrelevant to Anon's pursuits. It's maddeningly reckless and it's going to hurt the cause more than help it.

It's actually not the real Anonymous, as the real Anonymous organization posted on their Twitter feed @AnonOps: "Again we must say that we will not attack #Facebook! Again the mass media lie."

It's actually not the real Anonymous, as the real Anonymous organization posted on their Twitter feed @AnonOps: "Again we must say that we will not attack #Facebook! Again the mass media lie."

there is no "real anonymous organization". anonymous has no leadership structure. @anonops speaks only for themself. if enough people identifying with anonymous decide to go after facebook, then it will happen.

Even if they could do it, shutting down Facebook is a terrible, terrible idea for so many reasons. It's such a huge part of the internet structure that they're going to undermine many legitimate organizations that are irrelevant to Anon's pursuits. It's maddeningly reckless and it's going to hurt the cause more than help it.
i tend to disagree (to an extent). there is no faster way to get the world's attention than through facebook. no respectable organization depends on facebook for its web presence anyway.

yeah the republican candidate will just use SOPA and ACTA as a way to get votes by saying he will get rid of those acts
Wasn't SOPA indefinitely postponed after the massive backlash post-18th?

And didn't the White House say the bill would be vetoed if it HAD gone through the Senate?

ACTA has flown under the radars of most people as far as I know (...wait, it was signed a few months ago?), similarly to SOPA/PIPA before Google and Wikipedia flexed their information-spreading muscles. While they could exert that push again, abusing their GLOBAL influence, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea for them to exert political force repeatedly via their services.

OH NO UNSUBSTANTIATED RUMORS AND CONJECTURE EVERYONE PANIC FUCK FUCK FUCK DUCK FUCK

But seriously provide a link or something if you're going to use this thread to freak out

sopa is delayed

but apparently acta is being signed tomorrow by the european union
According to ACTA's Wikipedia page, it already got signed last year, and the European Union was one of the signatories.

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw this. Now I'm confused...it says on Wikipedia that it got signed by the US, the EU, and some other countries last year, but apparently it's getting signed by the EU tomorrow...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)