Data Updated Base Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Serebii several older mons have had certain base stats altered. To date, all of these are stat increases, which may improve their viability in the metagame.
http://serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

For the sake of convenience, here is a short list of which mons base stats have been altered that we know of, thus far:

Butterfree: Special attack increase from 80 to 90
Beedrill: Attack increase from 80 to 90
Pidgeot: Speed increase from 91 to 101
Pikachu: Defense increase from 30 to 40 and a special defense increase from 40 to 50
Raichu: Speed increase from 100 to 110
Nidoqueen: Attack increase from 82 to 92
Nidoking: Attack increase from 92 to 102
Clefable: Special attack increase from 85 to 95
Wigglytuff: Special attack increase from 75 to 85
Vileplume: Special attack increased from 100 to 110
Poliwrath: Attack increased from 85 to 95
Alakazam: Special defense increase from 85 to 95
Victreebel: Special defense increase from 60 to 70
Golem: Attack increase from 110 to 120
Ampharos: Defense increase from 75 to 85
Azumarril: Special attack increase from 50 to 60
Jumpluff: Special defense increased from 85 to 95
Exploud: Special defense increase from 63 to 73
Staraptor: Special defense increase from 50 to 60
Roserade: Defense increase from 55 to 65
Stoutland: Attack increase from 100 to 110
Unfezant: Attack increase from 105 to 115
Gigalith: Special defense increase from 70 to 80
Seismitoad: Attack increase from 90 to 100
Scolipede: Attack increase from 90 to 100
Krookodile: Defense increase from 70 to 80

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
There is a research thread on this, but I think everyone should know that it's not just Gen 6 Pokemon that need research on base stats.

Currently from that list I'm not seeing anything that would affect higher tiers but it could have affects in UU/RU/NU.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 125-148 (36.65 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 110-130 (32.25 - 38.12%) -- 97.95% chance to 3HKO

What a pointless boost
Does that factor Ice Beam's new BP?

I don't know guys, I used Clefable in UU and OU occasionally in Gen 5 and I was impressed. I truly believe Clefable will be a undercover monster this gen. The amount of sets Clefable can run is ridiculous and its move pool is ridiculous, pure fairy typing which kills its main problem, fighting types! That boost makes Life Orb sets more viable as well.

Roserade's defensive increase is definitely appreciated, its still pretty frail but I believe this takes it out the range of taking the same damage as Celebi, when the hit is super effective on Celebi. (Roserade use to take about the same damage from Pursuit as Celebi)

I added the changes to Alakazam and Ampharos and changed Clefable/Wigglytuff's buffs from special defense to special attack.

In OU:

I think the most significant change is Scolipede's attack increase combined with Speed Boost and Swords Dance. This will make our buggy a nice physical sweeper and/or speed boost passer. Megahorn, Poison Jab and Earthquake have some nice coverage together on a sweeper set, minus the obvious physical walls, Gliscor and Skarmory, who would wall it anyway, or it could just BP pass away from them.

Nidoking's attack increase is also very notable as it will allow it to run physical attacking or mixed sets more easily. A nice STAB Sheer Force and Life Orb boosted Poison Jab will make short work of all those specially defensive fairies.

Alakazam and Amphoros's boosts will allow them to get to their mega forms more easily and the defense boost on Roserade helps with its utility sets.

Higher special attack Azumarril = :/ Thanks a lot Troll Freak.

In the lower tiers:

Raichu moves up a vital speed tier, outspeeding the base 108s.

Clefable's special attack boost is notable with Calm Mind and MG+Life Orb boosting it further.

Tinted Lens Butterfree gets a bit better, but is still outclassed by the speedier Venomoth. Still, any boost is good in my book!

As for Azumarill's increased Special Attack, I believe that is for in-game purposes, Azumarill doesn't learn any physical water moves until way later in the game.

Also, it now is a Fairy type and has access to Belly Drum + Aqua Jet, I think its been boosted enough.

10 more SpA for Azumaril? YES now my thick fat blue egg will be soo OP.

In all seriousness, a lot of the changes are very minor. A few pokemon got upgrades for the lower tiers. Pidgeot might get used over Dodrio and Fearow now, raichu reaching gengar level speeds isn't too shaby, and scolipede moves into an even more solid low tier offesnive spiker. Roserade and alakazams buffs are fairly small but they don't hurt right?

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD (custom): 125-148 (36.65 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def (custom): 110-130 (32.25 - 38.12%) -- 97.95% chance to 3HKO

What a pointless boost
Wow, base power means something, what a surprise!

Just because you can't go out and immediately replace your special moves on Nidoking (of which it has a huge movepool) with physical moves (of which it also has a huge movepool) doesn't make it a pointless boost. Earthquake, Megahorn, etc., all got stronger. Nidoking's insane movepool, with the ability to use high-power special moves, is always what set him apart, but he still ran stuff like Earthquake.

On Nidoqueen, I know one move option you often had to choose from on using it (in OU at least) as Earthquake vs Earthpower, now Earthquake is all the more sweeter.

None of Nidoqueen or Nidoking's standard UU sets had a single physical move as a slash on the analysis (besides Dragon Tail on Nidoqueen, which is more of a utility move than anything). They ran all special moves that could actually abuse Sheer Force. While the Atk boost isn't useless, both would have appreciated a SpA boost much more.

Wow, base power means something, what a surprise!

Just because you can't go out and immediately replace your special moves on Nidoking (of which it has a huge movepool) with physical moves (of which it also has a huge movepool) doesn't make it a pointless boost. Earthquake, Megahorn, etc., all got stronger. Nidoking's insane movepool, with the ability to use high-power special moves, is always what set him apart, but he still ran stuff like Earthquake.
Er no? It was using Earth Power 90% of the time in OU compared to the 5% Earthquake usage. This was similar in UU. Maybe this gen he'll start using Earthquake more to wallbreak (and if this is what you meant then yeah obviously, but you used the phrase "he still ran stuff") but anything that set Nidoking apart last gen was his all special moveset:

^ his ou moveset percentages

I would have appreciated a special attack boost much more fwiw, not being able to hit blissey doesn't really compare to taking lo damage now from eq if im using it as well as not being able to just go timid/modest with 252 spa

Not a bad improvement for Raichu, too bad it still suffers from a relatively tiny movepool. It doesn't even get a fairy move, and I really think it should have.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
FWIW, I'm coming from the perspective of the Gen IV metagame, not the Gen V metagame (so before Sheer Force). Special Attack boost would have been fine too, but I'm more than happy with the Attack boost.

And TBH, I find the Attack boost a lot more interesting of a buff than the straight linear powerup that the Special Attack boost would be. This is a better decision by Gamefreak imo.

Er no? It was using Earth Power 90% of the time in OU compared to the 5% Earthquake usage. This was similar in UU. Maybe this gen he'll start using Earthquake more to wallbreak (and if this is what you meant then yeah obviously, but you used the phrase "he still ran stuff") but anything that set Nidoking apart last gen was his all special moveset:

^ his ou moveset percentages

I would have appreciated a special attack boost much more fwiw
But remember that Nidoking didn't have a base 102 Attack last generation. Earthquake (LO recoil unfortunately), Ice Punch, Thunder Punch and Poison Jab are not far from the damage output of Earth Power, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Sludge Wave (Especially with the latter moves' slight nerf), being just around 3% weaker. The problem is Fire Punch and its inability to work as a close equivalent of Fire Blast

Not a bad improvement for Raichu, too bad it still suffers from a relatively tiny movepool. It doesn't even get a fairy move, and I really think it should have.
People tried breeding fairy moves on it? Also, LO Volt Tackle in Electric Terrain is downright painful. Though, I will admit that's about all it gets. Reversal is OK with that moveset, but that seems to be all that it gets. Of course, things may have changed this gen through breeding, but the more I look the more I have to concede that it needed more than what it got.

That 60 attack azuma got is sweet . That will just more likely make it ou and its fairy type . Raiuchu and pidgeots speed is Good too . The rest are just meh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)