[Updated] Crobatic - Agressive Momentum

Crobatic
An agressive, fast team.​

First of all, thank you for sparing this bit of your time to rate my team. I'm an old player who just got into the BW OU Metagame, and this is my first team. I used to like teams built around my favorite pokemon, so I took Crobat (I really like crobat), Weavile and Breloom for a ride this time. The "buisiness plan" of this team is to harass the opponent and keep momentum going on. There is also some suprise element involved. The main stars here are Crobat and Breloom. Crobat functions as the pivot, switching in and out all the time, trying to make a nice scnario for the others to shine. Generally, I want to get everything that walls Breloom out of the way before getting him out, so I can finish things with him. Although there is a plan, the team is dynamic and can shape itself to various situations with it's Hit & Run capability.

Crobat

Crobat @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

As my standard lead, he'll often taunt a Stealth Rock user and U-turn out or maybe keep on scouting with a free Brave Bird on the Switch. Can hurt threats like Volcarona really hard and 2HKO a lot of things weak to the Flying type, such as Conkeldurr and Celebi. Brave Bird is just great, managing to revenge kill a softened enemy at mid/late game efficiently even with a neutral hit. With it's high speed, Roost can not only protect Crobat from death by moves like Ice Beam, Rock Blast and Thunderbolt, but also recover HP beyond what was lost most of the time. Possibly the faster non-Scarf U-turn adds some decent damage before the never-ending switches. Crobat's role on the team is being a scout and somewhat of a universal check, annoying stallers with it's moderate bulk and high speed.

Jirachi

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Suggested by Shurtugal. Jirachi found his place in the team as the Steel pokemon smoothly. Iron Head can cover Kyurem with a 2HKO while U-turn keeps it going. As the only mon in the team capable of laying rocks, Jirachi assumes this obvious position. Fire Punch is the physical counterpart for helping Latias clear Steel types.

Starmie

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

With 2 Stealth Rock weaknesses in the team, a fast Rapid Spinner was mandatory. Water STAB and Fire resistance were also very welcome in the team.

The EV Spread and the choice of Surf over Scald indicate the offense-oriented approach to this Starmie build. I wanted to take advantage of Starmie's speed by making her a killer, with Thunderbolt complementing some of Weavile's work as a coverage move. A quick Reflect Type can be a big surprise and even make you win at late game, if the enemy can't cover the new typing and Starmie is able to resist and Sweep the rest of the Team.

Weavile

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Since Rapid Spin is so crucial, Weavile is my way to deal with ghosts. Along with Crobat as one of my favourite pokemon (and also lower tier pokemon), he is also my primary way of dragonslaying.

Low Kick is one of the greatest coverage moves in the meta. It may seem inconsistent, but OHKOing most variants of Abomasnow, Tyranitar, Gliscor, Terrakion and more is awesome. Pursuit can take out Gengar and Alakazam with just a hit while 2HKOing most of the other Psychic and Ghost threats in the metagame.

I'm Considering removing one of the Ice moves for Night Slash.

Latias

Latias @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 140 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Suggested by Shurtugal. Latias was a handy replacement for Celebi. Capable of great special damage with Draco Meteor, it also has excellent coverage with Surf and Hidden Power Fire, complementing Celebi in covering Heatran's spot. Roost makes her a reliable and persistent check.

Breloom

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

Grass-types can be annoying due to their Leech Seed immunity, but there's plenty of ways to deal with them, namely Heatran, Crobat and Weavile. With that out of the way, Breloom can only suffer by the hands of it's hard counters, and all of them (Celebi, Gengar, Gliscor, Gengar etc.) can be handled by the rest of the team with relative ease.

Breloom is very important defensively, as he is the only rock resistance in the whole team.

It is important to make sure breloom outspeeds his enemy or, at least, takes little damage, in order to land a safe spore followed by a substitute. IT is also possible to predict a switch by the opponent in order to enter subs. Once protected under Substitute, Breloom can start his work. In most cases in which he actually has to leave the battlefield, he is able to leave the opponent crippled with leech seed.

Original mons that were replaced:

Heatran
Heatran

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power

Since Crobat was the starting point, a Steel-type was only natural, as they resist 3 of the 4 Crobat weaknesses. Even though Heatran may not seem the best choice regarding type synergy with Crobat (Rock is a neutral hit to him), its Fire part is what makes him fit just right in this team along with its Special offense needed to deal with the likes of Skarmory. He was chosen as the Scarfer to keep up with the team's high speed.

Overheat is the primary damaging move. High Base Power + STAB will be a pain to anyone lacking resistance in the way. Hidden Power and Earth Power are coverage moves used on predicted switches. Dragon Pulse was chosen to cover Dragons in the case of a dead Weavile.

Celebi:
Celebi

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 252 SAtk / 196 Spd
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Leaf Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Celebi can take Fighting type moves pretty well, being the natural switch in to cover Weavile and Heatran, the latter enjoying great synergy with Celebi. The only offensive moves the two don't resist well are those of the Fire and, to a lesser extent, Rock types, which are indeed the two main weaknesses of team. However, while a incoming Rock move is one of the ideal moments for Breloom to come in, Starmie can often switch in and Rapid Spin eventual Hazards after taking Fire moves.

Again, The choice was an agressive set. With 2 powerful STABS and a fast Thunder Wave, few pokemon will want to be in Celebi's way. U-turn can be used to scout alongside Crobat as Celebi also has a pretty decent speed stat.

Importable:
Crobat @ Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 156 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Breloom @ Fighting Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed

Latias @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 140 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit
- Low Kick
- Ice Punch

Well, thank you a lot and I hope you like it. I have done my best to assemble this team.[/CENTER]

Ok man got your PM, first off I am not great an offense, so this will mainly be a nitpick fest.

Breloom would like an attack move over Leech Seed. While Focus Punch certainly hurts hard, against anything that is immune to fighting or resists it, Breloom pretty much can't do anything, Jellicent can example can come in almost for free, and with the right play you can't touch Gengar. Seed Bomb or Stone Edge are excellent options over Leech Seed. If you want to keep this move set though, I suggest you run a more bulky Breloom with a spread of 236 HP / 252 Def / 20 Spe Impish.

Reflect Type Starmie is better suited for a more bulk Starmie like the one on site, although I doubt you want to use it, you are probably better off using Ice Beam over Reflect Type here. I don't see how Starmie can ever sweep with Reflect Type, I would be interested to see logs of it in action though. Also, seeing as this is an offensive team, you may want to consider using Life Orb and / or Hydro Pump on Starmie.

I don't see what the use is for HP-Grass, as you already have 2 grass Pokemon to combat whatever it ,might hit both of them can switch into water types without much problem to, Flamethrower or Fire Blast are better options over it.

I don't think Thunder Wave is the best option for Celebi on this kind of team, all your Pokemon are all relatively fast, outs peeding pretty much everything, with the exception of Breloom who doesn't need speed. Instead, I suggest Recover over Thunder Wave, while you do lose momentum, the ability to heal is very helpful vs the things Celebi outright counters. You are better off using U-turn if you think something is coming in. If you want though, Earth Power or Hidden Power Fire can also be used over it. IMO though, this team NEEDS rocks, badly, I might consider tossing Stealth Rock on Celebi actually.

I would also ask you to consider Super Fang over U-turn on Crobat, to break walls.

This team seems a bit weak to offensive dragons in general ATM, particularly Yache-Garchomp which at the very least rips a huge hole in this team before you can take it down. Ice Beam Starmie, as suggested, would remedy the problem, also Hidden Power Ice > Dragon Pulse on Heatran might be something to consider.

Thats all I got, good luck for this team, investigating it I found it to be quite solid overall, if anything Breloom may be the weakest link, but I can't think of a good replacement for it.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Got the PM! Haha, I love offense so I'm in my element with this team.

Alright, first -- threats at a glance. CB Scizor looks annoying, as it can smack almost everything with either Quick Attack, Bullet Punch, or U-turn, and it's might Superpower can knock down a Heatran switch in if predicted accurately. Earthquake Venusaur seems problematic, and DD Dragonite murders everything at +2 with SR support, and it seems as though it has no problems setting up on things like Heatran on Celebi. HP Ground Volcarona seems like it'd have a field day as well as Sub KyuB being able to level the ground of most of these threats.

Next -- my concerns with the team after glancing at sets. I see a lack of Stealth Rock that is overly concerning me. Threats like Dragonite aforementioned are really going to be issues. There are also a few sets concerning me, like how mediocre Scarf Heatran is and how Focus Punch Breloom lacks priority to stop a SubSD Terrakion sweep (or hell, even a DubDance sweep). Also, despite how offensive this team is built, Crobat just seems like deadweight, bar utilizing Taunt to stop SR (you stop stall with brute force with offense, though this can use Taunt to stop Stall too).

-.-.-

Alright, now that I have gauged this team, I am ready for my rate.

Firstly, a quick glance of Starmie and I see that Reflect Type is safely protecting it from TTar, which is quite appealing in my opinion. I see; however, that Celebi is lacking Baton Pass and has U-turn in steed. I started to begin questioning Celebi's role, and then asked myself the biggest question: what is Celebi doing that Latias can't do better? Currently, you are weak to DD Dragonite, SubSD Terrakion, CB Scizor, and EQ Growth Venusaur. Latias looks like a better answer to these threats than Celebi ever could be while it also does mutually the same things -- walls Landorus-I and Keldeo (also like to remind you that Starmie shares this job, as well as keeping opposing hazards away from you). So here is my first suggested change: LO Latias over Celebi. Latias can even wall opposing Breloom; the only thing you'll probably miss are the utility in U-turn and Thunder Wave, but it's worth it since Latias can cover more of your current threats. I recommend trying the HP Fire variant so you can smack opposing Scizor for the OHKO after SR as well.

Secondly, I'm taking my eyes and squinting them at Heatran. With all the rain and RP Landorus (which could arguably sweep if it somehow manages to fuck over Weavile, and EB Keldeo could do that and deter Celebi switch ins) I really advise against this. However, you still need a steel type and a revenge killer, so if I replace him I need another Pokemon to fulfill this role. Luckily for you, I have just the thing -- Choice Scarf Jirachi. At first, you might be deterred because it lacks the fire STAB, but Jirachi can still utilize a Fire Punch as well as the move Trick, which can cripple potential steel type threats. You originally said that Heatran hits Skarm, but Latias's HP Fire can smack it real hard and Latias and Starmie have Special Attacking power so you really don't need Heatran anymore. Jirachi is ultimately a better answer to Latias and Latios (it takes surfs) and it can cripple other Pokemon with Trick and utilize Iron Head to whittle down other Pokemon (and Dragonite, since it can use Trick while he DD's) for other Pokemon to beat. (Also, he helps against Sub KyuB). Jirachi can also set SR.

Personally, I'd change your Breloom to the Fighting Gem SD Set so you can break stall teams easier (lack of spikes and set up sweepers can make this hard enough as it is). Swords Dance Breloom changes that -- it can break stall teams while giving you priority and another revenge killer all in one. This team is built much more offensively and can't properly utilize Leech Seed Breloom as you imply, and I recommend testing this set at least. (He helps against Sub KyuB and SubSD Terrakion as well).

Alright, so I'll post the sets here. As for Scarfwynaut's changes to Starmie, that all depends imo. I agree with the changes, but because I gave you Latias over Celebi, you'd have two Pokemon trapped by Tyranitar (Latias > Scizor). It's up to you, but I agree that using LO and Hydro Pump / Ice Beam over Reflect Type and Thunderbolt could be very useful. In fact, even if you keep Reflect Type, you should probably use Ice Beam over Thunderbolt. Water + Ice coverage is quite good.

Latias @ Life Orb
Nature: Timid
EVs: 122 Hp / 140 SpA / 252 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Roost / Recover

Note: EVs allow it to live +2 Sludge Bomb and OHKO back, take LO and SR damage, and still live.

Breloom @ Fight Gem
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spe
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Trick

Thank you all!

First, I tried Life Orb and Ice Beam instead of Reflect type on Starmie and the extra damage and coverage this changes provided were invaluable!

I got SR on Celebi and Flamethrower on Heatran too.

The team got a lot better at tests with just this few adjustments.

Then I saw Shurtugal's (Eragon fan?) reply and started trying things out. Latias fits really nice into the team, especially if I change the Breloom set (Bullet Seed fills up the role of STAB Grass move well). The problem is that I also have to get Aerodactyl if I wanna keep SR in the team. Which I actually think is a great idea, despite my love for Crobat. I just think I'll miss his resistances and bulk. Is there a bulkier build for lil' dactyl?

Now, about Jirachi: I really love his playstyle, but I thought Heatran had a nice niche role as a check to most steel types, right? Can Latias and Jirachi really fill this role by themselves? I'm still testing it, though.

Anyways, thank you both very very much for the analysis! I'll post additional feedback. See ya!

I updated the team based on suggestions. The current team can be seen in the edited thread above.

- I still find U-turn more useful than Super Fang @Crobat.
- I chose a different set for Jirachi since the team was missing SR.
- Ice Beam has proven to be a great coverage move on Starmie.
- I still don't feel like Breloom's set is optimal for the team, though the changes so far were good.

Thank you all very much ;)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, so as I said, I'll give you a rate. Seems like this team needs a lot of work.

You say that you want to build around Crobat, and I got nothing against that, but I dont feel like the team works that well with him. I'm not gonna change him but rather, change his set to try something new.

Let's see the weaknesses beforehand :

- Volcarona sweeps you cleanly, and surprisingly, doesn't have any issue to set-up on several of your pokemons. A simple Bug Buzz/Fire Blast would be sufficient to OHKO everybody after a single boost.

- A SD Scizor could probably get a boost from Weavile and sweep, although you got some shaky checks in Latias and Jirachi I guess.

- Having no Scarf is an issue, even when you got Weavile. It means that opponent's scarfers will be pretty free. For instance, a Scarf Jirachi could really be annoying.

Ahm, there are other weaknesses and annoying pokemons, like Mamoswine, but I don't feel like the team has a strong enough backbone to be rated like this in fact. Rather, we should work on the way your team fonction instead of patching random holes with random changes. At least that's what I'll try to do.

So, let's say we keep Crobat, Weavile, Breloom and Latias and Jirachi.
I don't feel like you can afford having a spinner, like, it's supposed to be an offensive team right ? So be offensive. You got a go-to-go Taunt lead, capitalize on it. It will probably end up being a less good version of Custap Skarm or Lead Terrak but whatever.

The changes :

- So, instead of Starmie, I'd just go for Keldeo. Since we would prefer "fixing" this Volcarona weakness, we should give him a Scarf. At least you have a decent chance of getting Volcarona down by outspeeding him at +1 with your pony's HydroPump. On top of that, Keldeo resists both Scizor's stabs.

- I dont think you need that much speed on Crobat, instead we could reinvest some EVs in Atk, and give him a better offensive presence. I also don't feel like he needs Roost, I'd opt for Taunt/BraveB/CrossPoison/U-Turn or SuperFang. This way, you really try to get something from that lead (a bit like Azelf).

- I really feel like you need Psyshock on Latias, over HP Fire in my opinion. For Amoonguss since Keldeo gets walled by him, and to revenge kill an opposing Keldeo (yes, Draco Meteor doesnt OHKO him). Usually when you play Weavile, you need to be able to really deal with Keldeo, Scizor, Jirachi, Skarm...

- About the Jirachi... I'm not sure about the set you're using, but at least, give him a spread of 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe with a Jolly Nature, the spread Shur gave you is for a Scarf set.

- Oh and, give 152 HP Evs to Latias, that you took back from SpA, it helps to live a +1 Bounce from Gyara after SR and a recoil.

That's it, I hope I helped etc.

THE SETS :

Crobat @ Focus Sash
Inner Focus
32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 220
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- U-Turn
- Cross Poison / Super Fang

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Justified
252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Ice
- Surf

TL;DR :

More offensive Crobat
Different spread on Latias/Jirachi
Keldeo Scarf over Starmie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)