[UPDATED TEAM] You don't understand the GRAVITY of the situation! An OU Gravity Team

Introduction:

For what is my 4th RMT of recent times, I have came back to OU to try my hand at building a team around one of my favourite, yet under appreciated moves, Gravity. It is a very interesting concept to build a team around for a number of key reasons, which are:

• Firstly, Gravity grounds any Flying Types, along with Pokemon with Levitate or holding Air Balloon. In this respect it makes Ground a typing without an immunity against it. Also under Gravity, Flying is neutral to Ground, making Zapdos and Skarmory for example weak to Ground.
  • Secondly, all Pokemon get affected by Spikes, making Hazard stacking a very important aspect on any Gravity team. Some Pokemon can lose 3/4 of their health on switching in based on this, in OU Charizard is a prime example of this. This also makes Toxic Spikes a lot more spammable and creates more opportunity for status spreading.
  • Thirdly, the Evasion of all Pokemon is reduced, creating a pseudo No Guard effect on the field. This allows the team to carry more powerful, yet risky attacks, with the added bonus of effectively increased accuracy.
In my mind to create a effective Gravity team, the members must be able to abuse at least one of these apsects, in some cases be able to make use of it from the off, without the need to switch and lose momentum. Hazard setter's are a must, and I believe it is worthwhile spreading the hazards between 2 or 3 team members rather than letting just 1 handle it, that allows for more consistent abuse of said hazards. I have also came to the conclusion that having any Ground weak Pokemon (under Gravity that is) on this type of team is very risky as they won't have the secondary typing or ability to save them from being hit. With some trial and error, which I will get to in my Team Building process, I believe I have found a viable team to abuse Gravity. The version I am posting has not been tested much at present so I can't give an accurate description of how it fares.

Team Building Process:
To begin with the idea was to pick an effective lead, one who can put early pressure on the opponent through offensive presence and support the team. The logical choice was Landorus, with it being able to reliably set up Rocks, and has access to Gravity, in addition it can also OHKO some key Defoggers when Gravity is in effect through it's STAB. I opted for the Therian form due to Intimidate and base 145 Attack.

With Rocks sorted, and a Gravity user/abuser sorted, my next step was for another Hazard user, and an alternate lead if Landorus wouldn't work out, for this job I opted for Deoxys-Defence form. With it's access to Spikes, Gravity and frankly amazing bulk it seemed like the perfect fit for the team. It also filled a purpose of acting as a lure, with Superpower being a trump card against usual switch ins. In addition its base 90 speed is a godsend for a defensive Pokemon such as itself.

Two hazards down and I decided that adding a third would benefit the team, the choices being Sticky Web or Toxic Spikes. After looking at the users of both Hazards I opted to use Toxic Spikes on my team, as it allows me to spread status very easily. The Pokemon chosen for this job was Greninja, I believe it is the fastest, or 2nd fastest Pokemon with access to the move, and it's movepool can abuse the affects of Gravity, being able to use Hydro Pump and Blizzard, with STAB to great effect.

Hazard setter's now sorted, the next stage was to find a way to keep them on the field. Because of there importance to the team, I can't use Defog, making the move a necessity to prevent for my team. I figured that Landorus can handle a few of the common users, but I also needed a way to deal with the rest, a Trapper came to mind as the answer so I chose Gothitelle, she also fit the bill by having Gravity in the moveset, though she didn't really abuse it much herself.

The team was taking shape quite nicely (so I thought) at this point, so I started to look for ways to round out the team, and give it some balance. I myself would be hazard weak, and as mentioned Defog would defeat the point of the team. I needed some more offensive presence and a spinner to keep my side clear. There was only one option for this, Starmie. Again it has access to Gravity, and unlike Gothitelle and Greninja (who either can't abuse it, or don't have it) Starmie can make brilliant use of Gravity through STAB Hydro Pump, Thunder or Blizzard.

One spot left and I hadn't really got a single sweeper, or late game cleaner or even a Wall Breaker. As I had never used it before, and it has a nice Ground resistance, I opted to try Mega- Pinsir. It gave me the option of more Earthquake spamming, and some good coverage for the team, in Flying and Rock.

This was the complete first version. In the lower reaches of the ladder, below 1300 this team worked to perfection, not a single loss at this point. However this proved to be a false start, and some weaknesses started flaring up. Firstly Gothitelle was not pulling her weight at all, she wasn't hitting anything hard enough and just pulled the team back too much. I also found that Pinsir, as good as it can be just wasn't doing as much as I expected, plus the 4x Weakness to Rock didn't help, especially when Stone Edge hits at 100% accuracy with Gravity up. I also found a rather glaring weakness to Bug,Grass and Dark on the team. Searching for replacements for these two began and I ended up breaking one of my rules, having a Ground weak Pokemon on the team, Charizard-X. It adds similar offensive power to Pinsir while giving me a lot better defensive synergy. The second choice was Sylveon, which adds a few more resists to the team, and adds a cleric into the mix, something which I think is very useful for most teams in general.

After receiving some suggestions to improve the team I tested possible replacements for Greninjas slot, and offensive Gravity Blissey was suggested, and that worked a lot better than expected, being bulky and hitting hard. The lack of Toxic Spikes was barely missed. At this point I also tried Sableye over Sylveon, one of the more successful Pokemon on the team due to it's priority Gravity and Status. With that the next version of the team was complete.

After about 20/30 battles I noticed that Blissey wasn't really pulling it's weight, and a user suggested to trying Assault Vest Goodra. At first I was tempted to replace Charizard-X with it, though that was still working quite well, so I opted for removing Blissey. Goodra ended up being a better Special Tank, and it offered my team phazing which it had previously not had.

I decided that Charizard, as good as it is, wasn't the best fit for the team, I wanted a Physical sweeper that could work on the team a bit more, with better synergy. I hadn't used Mega-Gyarados before, and with Intimidate pre-evolving and then Mold Breaker it had 2 fantasic abilities to help the team, it also was bulkier than Charizard, something that I found key, due to it being my frailest member.

Without further ado, onto the team itself!

In-depth Analysis:

The Gravity setters:

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 108 Spd / 28 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

Role on the team:Landorus is the team's usual lead, Stealth Rocks setter and a key Pivot. It also functions as a Physical wall.
Description:
Landorus was the first Pokemon considered when the team was thought up, and it is probably the most effective member of my Gravity Trio. As mentioned it is the lead in roughly 90% of battles for its ability to reliably set up Rocks and keep momentum on my side through the use of U-Turn. It also gives me an early opportunity to abuse the Gravity conditions through Earthquake spam. The EV's for this set may seem a little weird,but they serve a specific purpose. The 252 HP is standard for good overall bulk, the 120 attack EVs allow the KOs of 2 very prominent Defog users: Zapdos and Skarmory

128 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 372-440 (115.5 - 136.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
128 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zapdos: 288-338 (75 - 88%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
128 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Zapdos: 288-338 (75 - 88%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
128 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 186-222 (55.6 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
128 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Skarmory: 188-224 (56.2 - 67%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see, under Gravity these cannot switch in without getting a minimum of a 2HKO, Zapdos being OHKO'd after Rocks with maximum defence and HP. Even if they switch in on the use of Gravity, they will get KO'd after using Defog. The 108 speed is to out speed defensive Zapdos with a little speed investement, the remaining 28 is used to sure up the defence.
The attacks don't need too much explanation, Earthquake is the STAB of choice, and the spam button for when Gravity is up. U-Turn provides momentum, and often a free switch into another team member. Gravity is as explained throughout the RMT. Finally Stealth Rocks is Stealth Rocks, a key hazard for the team.

Deoxys-Defense @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 72 Atk / 184 Spd / 252 HP
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gravity
- Spikes

Role on the team:
Deoxys is the teams Spike stacker along with another Gravity setter. Also functions as a lure for Tyranitar and Bisharp, offers Knock Off support and is a fairly sturdy mixed wall.
Description:
T
here isn't a lot that can be said about Deoxys that hasn't been said before. It is easily one of the best hazard setters in the game, even having its key role in the team archetype of DeoSharp. It's role here is a little different to that version of Deoxys, the primary function is the get 3 spikes up as soon as possible and then use Gravity. This allows Spikes to cause major damage to any switch in afterwards. The rest of the moveset is tailored to lure and KO 2 fairly powerful threats to the team in Tyranitar and Bisharp, being able 2HKO and OHKO them respectively with Superpower (hazard damage is required on Tyranitar). Knock off removes items, something which has been proven extremely abusable this gen. The EVs give maximum overall bulk, the Attack to net the aforementioned KOs and the rest dumped into speed.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Gravity
- Rapid Spin

Role on the team:
Starmie is my teams hazard removal, and the final gravity setter. It also functions as some offensive presence on the Special side, and can abuse Gravity itself through it's high powered attacks.
Description:
Until last gen Starmie was pretty much undisputed as the best Rapid Spin user in the game. While that title maybe long gone for it now, it does however fit perfectly on this team. It's main use is removing any hazards that may pop up on my side of field, if I see a Ghost type I will usually go for Gravity first to allow the easier KO once it is in. Hydro Pump is the STAB of choice and Thunder compliments it nicely, allowing me to take on opposing Water types with ease along with Flying types. Gravity is as standard for the team. The EVs are the standard for Starmie, maximum speed and power with a Timid nature. Life Orb is chosen to give it a little extra boost to enable a few KOs a Leftovers set would miss.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Gravity
Role on the team:
Sableye is the teams special wall so to speak. It also offers status and Gravity support, both with priority due to prankster. Is also the teams spinblocker.
Description:
Sableye was suggested to be added onto the team by the user @Sauver and has ended up being one of the key members of the team. The ability to set Gravity with priority has proven priceless, especially when Sableye is about to get ko'd. In addition it can abuse Will-O-Wisp to greater effect with improved accuracy. It's typing grants me with a couple of extra immunities and brings one weakness, keeping a good defensive synergy throughout the team. Recover is used as a way to heal, again with priority. Fould Play stops Sableye being taunt bait, and allows it to punish Physical attackers. The EVs are standard for Sableye, with maximum HP and Special Defence to give good bulk, the remaining 4 in Defence, in conjunction with the burn it can dish out allows it to take some Physical moves too.

And the rest of the team!:

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Role on the team:
Goodra is the teams special tank, also offering phazing to rack up hazard damage. Its ability, Sap Sipper, grants the team a Grass immunity too.
Description:
Goodra was selected to replace Blissey as the special tank on the team (which replaced Greninja previously) The set was suggested by issamelfarh and it works in much the same way as Blissey, minus healing ability. With the Assault Vest its Special Defence exceeds 500, and maximum HP grants amazing overall bulk. It also has base 110 Special Attack, the main reason it replaced Blissey. It's moveset has been tailored to take full advantage of Gravity, with Fi[re Blast and Blizzard hitting from the Special side, and providing an answer to the Grass and Bug types my team has a weakness to. Earthquake is the main Physical attack, main use on Goodra is for Heatran who resists the other 3 attacks. Finally we have Dragon Tail, while a weak option for STAB, it grants phazing which allows me to take even more advantage of the hazards I use, and gives me an answer to set up sweepers. Sap Sipper was chosen to give me an immunity to Grass, boost my attack, and allows me to counter or check threats like Breloom, Ferrathorn, Venusaur etc. The EVs are perfect for a tank, Max HP for overall bulk, Special attack has maximum investment aswell, while Attack gets the remaining 4, though I could move that elsewhere as it often gets a +1 anyway.

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate/Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Atk / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
Role on the team:
Gyarados is the primary Physical threat on the team, also offers an intimidate core with Landorus before mega evolving, while in Mega form it offers an alternative to Gravity in the form of Mold Breaker, though this is for Levitate only
Description:
I decided that Charizard just wasn't the right fit for the team, but a Physical sweeper was still needed. It didn't take long for Gyarados to be chosen, it has main attributes that allow it to fit the team better. Firstly it has more bulk than Zard ever did, which gives me more opprtunity to set up. It can also afford to run Substitute, as under Gravity only Ludicolo resists both attacks to my knowledge. Thirdly it's abilities worked better for the team, as mentioned Intimidate allows it work with Landorus as a core before I need to Mega Evolve, and Mold Breaker hits through Levitate and Multiscale to just name 2 examples. These factors make Gyarados a very powerful threat. Waterfall is the STAB move of choice, and after a boost or 2 is my main sweeping option. Earthquake is good coverage and as mentioned a few times now, is a great move under Gravity. Substitute prevents status from ruining my day, and Dragon Dance is the set up move. 248 HP EVs gives it an odd number for Stealth Rocks pre mega evolving, the rest is split between Attack and Speed.

Previous team members

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Toxic Spikes
- Dark Pulse

Role on the team:
Greninja is the last Hazard user, utilising Toxic Spikes to give some status spreading to the team. It is also one of the other options as a lead and can act as another Special Sweeper.
Description:
Greninja is a Pokemon that seems to end up on pretty much every team I make, and it's easy to see why. It has perfect stats for its various jobs and an ability that borders on insane! Thanks to its ability to change type based on move it can give me very good defensive synergy for the team, even on such a frail Pokemon. Toxic Spikes allows it to resist the common Grass attacks aimed at it, which in itself can give an extra turn to get both layers needed up. The rest of the moveset was chosen with offence in mind. Hydro Pump is the standard Water STAB, boosted wiith perfect accuracy once a team mate sets up Gravity. Blizzard fits in nicely with it, giving a way to hit Dragons, Flying, Ground, and Grass. Dark Pulse was more of a slot filler, though it does offer utility in the sense of hitting any Ghosts that may try and spin block for super effective damage. U-Turn has also been considered to keep momentum going, and form a mini core with Landorus. Focus Sash is the item of choice here, as a almost guarantee that my Toxic Spikes will be set up.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze/Tough Claws(Mega)
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Role on the team:
Charizard is probably the easiest to explain, it is the Physical Sweeper.
Description:
After the disappointment of Pinsir I opted to go for a Pokemon I know, and one that doesn't let you down. The set here was chosen so it can function independent of Gravity, while being able to use it with Earthquake spam. It has also managed to sure up a few of the weaknesses that my team had, while only really adding one additional one, something which I cover in the end anyway in Dragon. Dragon Claw is the Dragon STAB, still giving decent power, and won't lock it in so Fairies don't set up in its face. Flare Blitz is the power button, especially after a Dragon Dance or two. Earthquake added good coverage on the set and as stated is a move that it can abuse under Gravity. Dragon Dance was the last move to give opportunity for more KOs while increasing my speed. Roost was another option considered, especially with Flare Blitz recoil.Adamant was selected for a little more power, as the slightly lower speed isn't noticeable at +1

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Role on the team:
Sylveon is the Cleric on the team, healing both Status and HP. It is also the Special Wall on the team, and gives me a reliable Dragon check.
Description:
Sylveon was the last Pokemon chosen for this version of the team, replacing Gothitelle. It offers something different to the previous member, with some much appreciated team support on offer. Its key move is Heal Bell, removing all status present on my team, which allows more survivability and enables more constant sweeps, or setting of hazards. Wish is to offer the team recovery, as well as itself, which is easy to pull off in conjunction with Protect, a move which also allows me to scout an opposing Pokemon. Hyper Voice is chosen to stop me being Taunt bait, it also hits through Substitute due to it being Sound based, and even uninvested is a fairly strong attack, due to Pixilate giving it STAB and a 1.3 boost.

Blissey(F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SAtk/ 252 Def/ 4 SDef
Modest Nature
-Blizzard
-Thunder
-Softboiled
-Gravity/Heal Bell

Role on the team:
Blissey was chosen to be the teams Special Tank, also depending on the selected moveset could act as a Cleric or alternate Gravity setter.
Description:

Blissey acted as a departure from the member she replaced, Greninja. User RotomPoison suggested this as a replacement as Toxic Spikes weren't exactly vital to the team. I tested it and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks to its natural bulk i was able to easily take hits and either set up, or attack with a high power attack. Blizzard and Thunder were chosen from her massive movepool to catch usual switch ins off guard and hit them hard. Softboiled was a way to recover, while the last slot was never finalised, Blissey has potential to use Gravity herself, makin her less reliant on teammates, though Heal Bell gave me a second Cleric something that I found useful at times. The ability was chosen to give Thunder a 60% chance of paralysis and Blizzard a 20% of freezing. The EV's were used to boost her Physical Defence, with maximum investment. Special Attack had full investment too, to ensure her attacks left a dent in opponents. The last 4 were used in Special Defence​
The importable is below for if anyone wants to test the team and I look forward to any rates and suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Importable Version 2:
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 28 Def / 108 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 252 HP / 72 Atk / 184 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gravity
- Spikes

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature
- Fire Blast
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Gravity
- Rapid Spin

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Atk / 152 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Gravity

Importable Old version:
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Atk / 108 Spd / 28 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Gravity
- Stealth Rock

EVs: 72 Atk / 184 Spd / 252 HP
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gravity
- Spikes

Greninja (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Toxic Spikes
- Dark Pulse

Starmie @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Gravity
- Rapid Spin

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Last edited:
Who would you recommend for the spin blocker role? I was considering using Gengar while building the initial team, but as mentioned I am looking to try and avoid a Ground weakness due to Gravity leaving me vulnerable to the type. In that sense both Bisharp and Thunderus, suffer the same problem as Gengar in sharing said weakness.

I am also fairly hesistant at present to try the Defiant user's, I feel they are better suited to Hyper offense, though if you suggest a set for either I can test them out to see if they fit in well with the team.

Finally a good Gravity team! Gravity and Tailwind are probably some of the most underrated moves in singles. This team does have 3 Pokemon that can set it up, but I really think Toxic Spikes aren't that important, so I am going to propose a possible set over Greninja.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Gravity
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder
- Blizzard

This set lures in Pokemon like Landorus-T and OHKOs them, and has a 60% chance of paralyzing any other Pokemon not immune. Blizzard also has a 20% chance to freeze, which at this point I think luring and even freezing/paralyzing opponents is much more important as you lack a lot of priority and a Scarfer. And before anyone asks, yes, I've actually tried this and it has done very well, because 1 other key role this has is being a great special wall. After this, I would probably change Sylveon to a Specs one, still giving you a way to beat Dragons without costing too much momentum

I will definitely give that Blissey set a try, I normally avoid it for being so common, and IMO overrated, however that set is really intriguing, Can you post some damage calcs for some of the Pokemon it can lure?

Secondly if was to use that set, should I then replace Sylveon with a spinblocker, as suggested by the user above?

Who would you recommend for the spin blocker role? I was considering using Gengar while building the initial team, but as mentioned I am looking to try and avoid a Ground weakness due to Gravity leaving me vulnerable to the type. In that sense both Bisharp and Thunderus, suffer the same problem as Gengar in sharing said weakness.

I am also fairly hesistant at present to try the Defiant user's, I feel they are better suited to Hyper offense, though if you suggest a set for either I can test them out to see if they fit in well with the team.
Trevenant could be a

Trevenant would be a Good spinblocker though. A sitrus stall curse set would be amazing for your team OR OR Sableye! It gets prankster gravity ,can 2hko excadrill with foul play and also prankster will-o-wisp
Also Dusclops as a wall but meh sableye seems perfect.

How did I forget about sableye?! I will definitely give that a try, what moveset would be best, a foul play, will-o-wisp, recover and gravity maybe?

I think that landorus-I would be a better gravity user because it can effectively deal with Skarmory and Zapdos much better than Landorus-T. Landorus-I can also deal with things that Landorus-T can't like Mega-Venusaur and Amoonguss. Landorus-I could run a fully offensive set with life life orb, 252 SpAtk, 252 Spe, a Timid nature, and could run Earth Power, Psychic, Stone Edge, and Hidden Power Ice. Landorus-I can also effectively deal with defensive Rotom-W after a gravity much better than Landorus-T.

I will try it out, my preference is to the Therian form, though I will happily give the incarnate version a test.

As suggested by Suaver try Sableye, with this set by Zazazaki:

Sableye @ Leftovers
EVs: 120 Def / 136 SDef / 252 HP
Calm Nature
- Foul Play / Knock Off
- Recover
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

So I have been doing some testing based on the suggestions I've been given so far, and the results for most have been promising.

The one option I wasn't impressed by was switching Landorus-T for Landorus-I, I found that I missed intimidate too much, and even with a neutral nature and little investment I was still hitting as hard as I needed to .

Blissey has been a natural fit to the team, effectively replacing Sylveon and Greninja together, it is a very bulky tank for the team, and even with its lower base Special Attack, it hits hard due to the high power attacks.

Sableye was the missing piece after the Blissey change, I now have a spinblocker, status and priority, I haven't finalised the moveset for him just yet, Foul Play, Recover and Will-O-Wisp are a given but I'm undecided between Gravity, Taunt or Knock Off for the final attack.

I will make the changes in the RMT after a little more testing, any more changes or suggestions are much appreciated

So I have been doing some testing based on the suggestions I've been given so far, and the results for most have been promising.

The one option I wasn't impressed by was switching Landorus-T for Landorus-I, I found that I missed intimidate too much, and even with a neutral nature and little investment I was still hitting as hard as I needed to .

Blissey has been a natural fit to the team, effectively replacing Sylveon and Greninja together, it is a very bulky tank for the team, and even with its lower base Special Attack, it hits hard due to the high power attacks.

Sableye was the missing piece after the Blissey change, I now have a spinblocker, status and priority, I haven't finalised the moveset for him just yet, Foul Play, Recover and Will-O-Wisp are a given but I'm undecided between Gravity, Taunt or Knock Off for the final attack.

I will make the changes in the RMT after a little more testing, any more changes or suggestions are much appreciated
i think gravity would be best and you're welcome for the sableye suggestion:) i ran your team a bit it's good but it's not my kind of team lol

It's not a playstyle that suits everyone, especially with the reliance on one move, though I'm glad you tested and thought it was good.
With a couple more tweaks does anybody see any good tournament/laddering potential?

How about an assault vest goodra. Great special attack and can run things like draco, dragon tail for phasing, fire blast, blizzard, thunder, focus blast and things like that.

Yes. I find that bulk is very helpful in gravity. Especially one thst sets up hazards. Besides, phasers are needed to stop people that set up in your face.

I've used your team, but made the changes:
Swapped landorus T for a Landorus I
Charizard >>>Mega gyarados (gya with intimidate, full HP and speed).

I had great success with.

Going to get chance to do to do a lot of testing today so I will test put some of your suggestions
ilovekirby12 don't you find that sableye to be taunt bait, even with prankster there is a risk of faster priority taunts
Perseu what role does gyrados have when you used it? Also if you don't mind me asking, what sort of ranking did you manage to reach with the team?

Going to get chance to do to do a lot of testing today so I will test put some of your suggestions
ilovekirby12 don't you find that sableye to be taunt bait, even with prankster there is a risk of faster priority taunts
Perseu what role does gyrados have when you used it? Also if you don't mind me asking, what sort of ranking did you manage to reach with the team?
if u don't mind could i battle you sometime, i wanna see how you use it, im sure our timezones are wack apart though.
it's 9:36 PM at the time of posting this message.

Won't be able to today, I'm from England so I'm not sure how the time thing will work, I will happily battle in the next couple of days though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)