US Last Chance Qualifier - Indianapolis, IN - June 25th, 2010 - WON BY GODUDETTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, figured I'd report in on how I did in the LCQ. I've only been doing competitive training since April and while I don't know if I qualify as a Smogonite, I only did as well as I did because of you guys (especially bearsfan092 and his rng vids) I made it to 3rd round and lost to a Palkia/Scarf Smeargle open w/ Giratina/Metagross finisher. I didn't record it but here's what I remember:

My team was Abomasnow/Specs Mewtwo and Empoleon/Scarf Kyogre
He managed to Dark Void and sleep Mewtwo (while his Palkia used Thunder on it), but Aboma protected. So then I use Ice Shard on Palkia like an idiot having not thought it through on how his Smeargle beat my Mewtwo in speed, and so another Dark Void sleeps Aboma and Palkia Thunders my Mewtwo dead so I bring in Kyogre. I Water Spout and kill his Smeargle and about 40% damage on his Palkia. And thats when his Palkia crit hits Kyogre with Thunder. So I bring out Empoleon and he brings in Metagross. I hit Blizzard with Empoleon and Metagross uses Hammer Arm on Aboma(Killing him), while Palkia uses Thunder on Empoleon who takes a good hit but Sitrus Berrys out of the red. But due to hail damage and earlier attacks Blizzard manages to kill Palkia, and he brings out Giratina. I figure I'm screwed but I use Protect on Empoleon and hope for the best. The waste some time (Giratina used Shadow Sneak or something and Meta Hammer Armed it). So then I hit Blizzard i vain hope and Giratina Shadow Forces and Metagross finishes me with Hammer Arm.

The guy ended up losing in the 4 round, and while the sleep thing was nasty, I think it was the crit hit on Kyogre that really cost me. I also think one of my Blizzards missed in the middle somewhere but too much adrenaline makes it tough to remember part of it ^^;

So 3rd round not too bad for my first VGC Tourney, although 1st round was too easy due to my opponent having two lvl 50s, a 36, and a 33. Second was much tougher but with Dragonite and Rayquaza my double Blizzards ripped through him.

I can't wait for next year and I hope to go to more than just the LCQ(maybe road trip more of them as part of a trek across the nation).
Anyway it was a blast and I hope to practice a lot more before next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)