US Regional Qualifier - Newark, NJ, June 12th, 2010 - WON BY TTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the thread for the New Jersey regional qualifier in Newark. The date for this event is June 12th, 2010. It is going to be located at the Meadowlands Exhibition Center at this address:

355 Plaza Drive
Seacaucus, NJ 07094

(201) 330-1172
Junior Registration: 8:00 A.M. to 8:30 A.M.
Senior Registration: 1:00 P.M. to 1:30 P.M.

The page is here: -click-

It's probably important to note that this is the last qualifier in the United States before the National Tournament in Indiana. There will be a last chance qualifier (LCQ) held at nationals after this event for those who didn't make Newark or the regionals prior.

There's gonna be a shit ton of people at this tournament:

Darkwatch, Expert Evan, Pokeric, drcossack, Serendipity, sandman, Mosquitox216, Pseudonym, Wrecky, Dave, M4GNITUDE, CrazySnorlax, CCM30, TDS, ChiboSempai, locopoke, RedSpyda, Fightgar, Legend, DragonFE, godudette, Pokethan, Garaluo, Chalkey, ventus603, Dave, AceTrainerRed, DukeTheDevil (etc your name here)

If anyone has any helpful information on how to get to the center, places to park if they are driving or hotels and such nearby, that would also help immensely.

Useful Information:
Some possible hotels in the area.
Parking

I'd like to say that (for those of you who do not know New Jersey geography), that Newark is ACROSS THE HUDSON RIVER from New York City, so think of it more as a New York City Regional than a New Jersey Regional.

Anyone want to start a thread saying who's going where?
Well, so far there's this thread which has (just about) everyone who is going to each event.

There's a few separate threads like this one though that have the more updated lists, as you probably know. I think the one above serves to what you're asking?

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
god 21 smogonites already?

I don't feel very confident.... :(
hahaha. Have fun in the deathtrap!

btw, make that 20 smogonites. I will not be going to Newark (as a player) - I may go there as a spectator, but I doubt it.

DarkWatch, i think its pretty obvious as to why he isn't playing lol. As for me I think just stepping in the site is auto lose for me :(. Jesus, so many people.

Still, all i have to say is....Deathtrap.... but can't way to go nonetheless!

Personally, drcossack, I think you should battle. You're alright, and will probably make at least Top 16. I doubt there's any fun being a spectator when you could instead actually be playing.

drcossack

Personally, drcossack, I think you should battle. You're alright, and will probably make at least Top 16. I doubt there's any fun being a spectator when you could instead actually be playing.
Because I don't find the idea of having to play in a minefield to be fun, for one. While there's only a few guys on that list who scare me (3 - EE, Serendipity, and Sandman), that and 584968496849689 people waiting in line is enough to deter me from playing.

btw, EE's son will be there. Still 21 smogonites going.

cossack's too good for the rest of us :D

Yeah, Newark's going to be FILLED though. I don't even know what time I should leave to get there so I get a spot for sure... >.>

I got to fourth in Philly last year, but that was Juniors....

This will be my first Senior year and I dont expect to get nearly as far, but it fill fun to meet my fellow Smogoners and get neat trades.

drcossack

I got to fourth in Philly last year, but that was Juniors....

This will be my first Senior year and I dont expect to get nearly as far, but it fill fun to meet my fellow Smogoners and get neat trades.
Well, you have 2 months. I can't guarantee anything, but I should be able to get you to a level that allows you to compete with some of the smogon players by June 12th.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Last year I predicted a mass to show up in Philadelphia, and sadly I was right. This year with no lottery, but the 750 senior cap still, I am not sure how they are going to handle either having a line or what if registration is to be between 1 & 1:30pm as I am expecting to be even more than 750 for this one, perhaps over 1000 although not requiring registration for a shiny eevee along with last year's disgust may lessen the registration crowd.

If you really don't want to compete, please do us that really want to compete a favor and don't register to compete.

Seems like Newark will be Smogonite Central... Lucky me...

If anyone here will actually be going through central Massachussetts, is there anything legal I could do to get you to bring me with you? It would complete me.

drcossack

cossack's too good for the rest of us :D

Yeah, Newark's going to be FILLED though. I don't even know what time I should leave to get there so I get a spot for sure... >.>
Treat it like you're buying concert tickets and camp overnight. :)

Getting there when Juniors registration starts might be a good idea though.

Seems like Newark will be Smogonite Central... Lucky me...

If anyone here will actually be going through central Massachussetts, is there anything legal I could do to get you to bring me with you? It would complete me.
Do not worry about that - if anything, worry about getting in, since it's gonna be a fucking zoo. If you worry about the competition, you've already lost; I don't know if you fixed your NBS issues, or if you play on WiFi a lot, but I can help you with teambuilding.

Treat it like you're buying concert tickets and camp overnight. :)

Getting there when Juniors registration starts might be a good idea though.

Do not worry about that - if anything, worry about getting in, since it's gonna be a fucking zoo. If you worry about the competition, you've already lost; I don't know if you fixed your NBS issues, or if you play on WiFi a lot, but I can help you with teambuilding.
Well, I'm lucky that this is the last tournament before nationals... I just hate that it couldn't be delayed just one week so it'd be held after school ends for me...

I haven't fixed the NBS issue, it still says some MSWINSCK.OSX, runtime error 339, is missing or something is invalid. Should I redownload the program or does .OSX mean it has something to do with my operating system? I had to download Firefox to get to the page that offers the download for the program, then I deleted Firefox because I hate it, so could that be the problem?

hahaha. Have fun in the deathtrap!

btw, make that 20 smogonites. I will not be going to Newark (as a player) - I may go there as a spectator, but I doubt it.
Come on man, we're gonna practice too much for you to not enter lol

I need to get some a better hold on school work so I can train more often. It's a shame last year when we played the most that neither of us got into a VGC.

UltimaScout is also likely coming with me and Umbreon will be here I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)