US Regional Qualifier - Newark, NJ, June 12th, 2010 - WON BY TTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got back from Newark about an hour ago. I managed to get top 32 =] though one more win would have been nice...
Nevertheless i had a great time. Ill probably be posting a warstory a little later. It was great having a chance to meet all of you guys.

GJ TTS and tomato

i am glad my superfriends did well except carl. what the hell man. paul set such a high bar for team smogon EASHL...

grats also chalkey i am glad you did well even though i was too busy working to join you guys !!

EDIT: also i expect to see all four of the people i just mentioned in indy i will not accept excuses

especially you carl, come redeem yourself

maybe we'll get each other round one so only one of us can choke

I made the best moves possible against Serendipity's team but he just saw it coming :(
Lost in top 16

I got top 16 and an invite to nationals. I made a friend who offered me the DSi he won so I can sell it for trip money but my dad wouldn't let me accept it and I would feel so bad taking it >.> I was the last girl standing xD

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I am the greatest, etc. Thanks for the congratulations and shit guys -- I'm beat, I've been up since like 5:30AM and it's 9PM now. I'll have a bad warstory at some point -- my memory isn't that great.

Congratulations TTS (Danny)! I lost in the top 32 due to epic hax and playing a bit stupid. Someone froze my Giratina on the switch... Hitmontop survived Sucker Punch when he had almost no HP left already, it died from using Mach Punch due to life orb recoil, if SP killed I would have won, if I wasn't frozen I would have won. If I used Low Kick on a different pokemon instead of SP on Hitmontop I would have won. Everything possible went wrong that game at the end.

Something insane happened right before/during my first round! I went on PBR last night and got a battle against someone. On line the person I was next to (named Rick) was talking about PBR last night and how he went against a team which sounded a lot like mine. I pointed it out to him that I used like that last night and we found out that we both went against each other when we described that battle! We went against each other the first round in what may have been one of the closest games in this VGC!

BlueCookies

April Fools 2009 Participant
VGC '10, '11, '12 Masters Champion
Congrats TTS! I was hoping you would win after I got knocked out since you used a team I would use that not many americans do(the certain move on Ape and Palkia) so I could appreciate the teams power. But you won't be #1 on PO for long. My 3 top 5 alts are coming for you bro.

Back.

Well, that was an interesting experience. I lost Round 2 due to luck hax. Spacial Rend missed twice in a row >.< I saw lots of Smoggers, including BlueCookies, Vash, Chalkey, TTS, Serendipity, and others. Congratz TTS for winning! I never knew Palkia-Infernape would win the tournament! (I used Palkia-Infernape)

Newark Finals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC4gbWto9YQ

That was lots of fun~

I lost in Round 2 to some Smogon person who named his Pokemon after college founders (reveal yourself >:D).

I was the nerd in the Zangoose shirt who danced with the emcee and the giant Pikachu. :3

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Sorry to be a bother, but I was hoping people could keep an eye out for it:

I'm not exactly sure when it went missing (in respect to time), though if you saw me there at the NJ VGC Regionals today, I had been trying to get a Pokemon: Battle Revolution battle going on, but couldn't, due to Wi-Fi interference from all the other battles. Sometime soon after, it seems my DS and game went missing. I've conducted a very thorough check of my person and baggage, to no avail on finding it. If you've seen a black Palkia/Dialga DS Lite, containing a copy of HeartGold with the trainer Lorak, and a game save of approx. ~102 hrs., please let me know.

Also, if this is in the wrong section, sorry, tried to find the most relevant on the board.

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sorry to be a bother, but I was hoping people could keep an eye out for it:

I'm not exactly sure when it went missing (in respect to time), though if you saw me there at the NJ VGC Regionals today, I had been trying to get a Pokemon: Battle Revolution battle going on, but couldn't, due to Wi-Fi interference from all the other battles. Sometime soon after, it seems my DS and game went missing. I've conducted a very thorough check of my person and baggage, to no avail on finding it. If you've seen a black Palkia/Dialga DS Lite, containing a copy of HeartGold with the trainer Lorak, and a game save of approx. ~102 hrs., please let me know.

Also, if this is in the wrong section, sorry, tried to find the most relevant on the board.
This is why I'm OCD about keeping my belongings in my pocket when not using them. Good luck finding your stuff, although I'm skeptical that you will :[

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
This is why I'm OCD about keeping my belongings in my pocket when not using them. Good luck finding your stuff, although I'm skeptical that you will :[
Problem was I had a ton of stuff. Should've probably brought less. .__.

Yeah, checked my pockets literally every five seconds. Sorry bro, didn't see anything, hope you find it all.

Damn, Lost r3. Had a great time guys and was fun meeting some of you!

also lost my stylus somehow.

And congrats to tts!

The finals were okay. I was glad the top/ogre team didn't win. That'd be 4 regionals in the world since the US ones started that zw's team won lol

oh well it was awesome. I wanted to do KotH earlier, but it reached the point where not enough people were there and it was near the end of the night, so I could only do one match. Which I won xD but yeah I was hoping to get a 5-0 there, oh well. it was still epic.

gonna post a warstory soon.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
As a sidenote, the stylus I was actually using was the big one that had a dialga on top which we got when we first pre-ordered our D/P games back in 2007. So I could not lose that.

Oh yeah, I was looking over to the side and saw you using it. I just decided to use the stylus in the DS unless there wasn't any there, if there wasn't I just used the stylus from my own DS. I was annoyed how while we were waiting for the preliminaries to end I couldn't upload my 4th round battle video onto the GTS, it was a good game and I couldn't put it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)