US Regional Qualifier - Newark, NJ, June 12th, 2010 - WON BY TTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might go next year, assuimng Black and White done ruin it for me (not saying they will, but they might). Cant this year cause:
No team ready,
and I didnt know about it untill like 2 weeks ago >.<

Sort of annoyed. The tournament falls on like the worst weekend for me...so I don't know if I'll be able to make it...which really sucks because I've been looking forward to going for months and it only happens once a year.

Fml...

This is sweet!I'm in Jersey and I would love to see some people from here and how they battle.
I don't think I'll be entering,though.Because I have no team ready and the rules seem complicated...And there's ubers involved.(Unless I misunderstood) That alone is a huge UGH UBERS.DO NOT WANT.
But I'm totally gonna tell my friends who are into the meta game and we may all show up for the hell of it.

If I do go, I'm thinking of running this for lulz:
Metagross/Palkia
Ursaring/Mewtwo

Palkia with that Trick Room status for teh suprizations, Metagross cuz he's a beast and mad slow, Mewtwo in case TR doesn't work and/or runs out and Ursaring because he has rape.

Love the reasoning behind your pokemon. Metagross is a beast and Ursarang is rape, honestly that makes me wanna stear clear from an Ursarang. I dont wanna get bear raped. Anyway good luck to everyone competing and @ Gengar, why not throw a team together real fast and just have fun with it. I'm sure it will be fun even if you get raped by CCM30's Ursarang.

Lol, if it has rape, it must be good.

I'll be throwing some STAB Returns and shit around. I'll figure out how to hit that bastard Giratina somehow.

Haha, that made me lol.

Unfortunately, the chances of me going are not so good, which is disappointing. But, if it indeed works out, don't be surprised to see my Ursaring and I showing up.

It was too good to not quote, lmao. I literally just came up with a team with an Ursaring:

Palkia w/ Lustrous Orb
Modest
Pressure
Evs: 252 SpAtk / 252 HP / 4 SpDef
-Trick Room
-Protect
-Spacial Rend
-Thunder

Ambipom w/ Silk Scarf
Adamant
Technician
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Speed
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Low Kick

Ursaring w/ Leftovers
Adamant
Guts
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Return
-Earthquake

Giratina-O w/ Griseous Orb
Modest
Levitate
Evs: 86 HP / 216 SpAtk / 96 SpD / 112 Speed
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse
-Shadow Ball

I literally have nothing to hide. Palkia for the rape and surprise TR, Ambipom for the FO and U-Turn to Ursaring, Ursaring for the rape and Giratina-O for the special rape.

I literally have nothing to hide. Palkia for the rape and surprise TR
Not much of a surprise now. And its also not rape if you say surprise... just saying. I love the team though. Ambipom is a beast. You might want to consider running it with 252 evs in speed though. That way you get a faster FO and then use TR with palkia second turn when ambi U-turns. When TR is up bring ambi back in for an end of gave FO and then have him do what he can. I have an ambi on my TR team with max speed and +speed nature. I love it. Just for fun I also gave it fling while holding a razor fang for a second fake out during end game.

Its an little thing that no one would expect that can make or break a game. Its odd that Ambi is one of the best pokemon on my TR team when he is max speed trained.

I'm really hoping to be able to go to run this team (though, if that's the case, everybody better forget this ever happened).

If it works out, this'll be awesome.

Man,I was really looking forward to totally being raep'd by CCM30's Ursaring.I hope you can go,that sounds like a fun team.xD
Most of my learning comes from being raped anyways.<---WUT.

@ Werecario: I would do that but I'm not the best team builder outside of OU.And even in OU,I just go for Smogon movesets and fail at coming up with anything on my own and much less on coming up with good EV spreads.I still have much to learn and I don't know how Ubers work and have little experience with UU.Also,I have NO experience with Double Battles.
Also,I use legal hacks and they would BALETE my ass.Basically because I have a busy schedule and can't spend ages on RNG abuse and I don't even know how the hell that works,lol.I love Pokemon and its a great and different pastime for me but its not the first thing that's in my life.Most people just "WUT" me when I tell them I do competitive battling with Pokemon.

That's why I wanna go to Newark.I think I would feel at home because I only know 2 friends that are into the metagame.And I moved from my previous town and now there's literally no one I can talk to about it.
My parents have confirmed that I can go.:D But just today,I SOMEHOW cracked a bone(I never go outside and I walked my dog on Monday for a change and that's when it happened) and have this ridiculous boot type cast on my leg.So when I go,I'll probably be the moron with a retarded cast on my right leg.xD

Note to self: Do not walk a pet outside for any amount of time before a competition. You will fuck yourself up.

I don't post much on Smogon but I'm planning to go to this one since it's only an hour away for me. I'm expecting the traffic to be awful like usual, but at least I've been to Meadowlands before (Animenext used to be held there). Been cooking up a team that I think will do okay.

I like that Ambipom/Ursaring team; those are two of my favorite 'mons. Hopefully it does well!

Well, it's official. I won't be attending.

I just can't go, plain and simple. I was literally this close (puts fingers close together to represent about a centimeter) to going and then my dad remembers that he won't be home that weekend so he can't take me.

The only way I'll be able to go now is if my grandma or someone takes me...or if someone from where I live can drive down with me.

If any Smogonites are going to VGC Newark from Connecticut and are willing to carpool, could you possibly take me and bring me back? I can pay you for gas.

Please, it's really my last hope of raping some kids with Ursaring. Any takers?

Well, it's official. I won't be attending.

I just can't go, plain and simple. I was literally this close (puts fingers close together to represent about a centimeter) to going and then my dad remembers that he won't be home that weekend so he can't take me.

The only way I'll be able to go now is if my grandma or someone takes me...or if someone from where I live can drive down with me.

If any Smogonites are going to VGC Newark from Connecticut and are willing to carpool, could you possibly take me and bring me back? I can pay you for gas.

Please, it's really my last hope of raping some kids with Ursaring. Any takers?
Also, in effect to this, I live in Northwestern CT, by the way, to get an example of where I am in relation to you.

Sorry guys I would carpool you but my dad is wary about driving people he doesn't know. Otherwise I woul get you but I don't have a liscence cuz my dad never lets my drive with my permit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)