US Regional Qualifier - Seattle, WA - May 8th, 2010 WON BY ZEROWING

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIG PAUL

Obviously TPCI doesn't believe in saving the best for last, because scenic Seattle, Washington is the first stop on VGC's 2010 tour!

Logistics:

Important Information:

Click here for the lowdown on prizes, rules, requirements, and more.

Participants:

Oh my! It looks like all the stars will be attending Seattle's red carpet sporting their finest casual wear, and perhaps even a Smogon tee. We've got two 2009 Nationals qualifiers, Diesel and zerowing; one 2009 Worlds qualifier, Batpig; as well as moderator Firestorm and retired Smogon Admin Articuno64!! And let's not forget Ultimatedra, who screamed a lot last year for no reason at all! Bring your cameras, people. And if you play your cards right, Huy might just sign your tits (manboobs count).

Competitors: Bug Maniac Marc, ultimatedra, Gottabeperfect, Feathers, Team Rocket Elite, Yeti, zerowing, J-Leo-L, for54years, Firestorm, Chinese Dood, Articuno64, Batpig, Diesel, YOUR NAME HERE.

Videos:
Senior Finals
Junior Finals
Senior Semifinals
Senior Quaterfinals

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Your topic title is wrong. Please fix:
Canada Regional Qualifier - Seattle, WA - May 8th, 2009

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
canada sucks

stop invading our state just because your country is too dumb to get a stop gdi

in other news, my team is in the top percentage of all teams!!!

Diesel trying to make himself appear like a celebrity...

Somebody convince me to go. I've been borderline on the decision for like a week and I need a push.

canada sucks

stop invading our state just because your country is too dumb to get a stop gdi

in other news, my team is in the top percentage of all teams!!!
Hey now. We provide the world's syrup. Do you mean to tell me you eat dry pancakes?

AND I TOTALLY KNEW IT. YOU ARE JOEY. DO YOU WEAR SHORT SHORTS TOO?

Somebody convince me to go. I've been borderline on the decision for like a week and I need a push.
Well apparently you get to kick some Canadian ass.

Hahaha, might have to sig that. If I were you I'd only go if I thought I had a REALLY good shot at doing well.

I wish the tourny would just be 6v6 standard smogon rules. Ubers won't take nearly as much skill.

Hahaha, might have to sig that. If I were you I'd only go if I thought I had a REALLY good shot at doing well.
It sounds like you're inferring that you're too good for him to play?

And let's not forget Ultimatedra, who screamed a lot last year for no reason at all!.
I had a reason - it was cold, i had 3 Red Bulls already, was TOTALLY pumped to play - and the entire place was feeling dull and i was trying to liven it up.

I will be in town Friday afternoon - I will be wearing my "PokeGym" Golf polo, as it has my username embroidered on it.
Here is what it looks like (Chest hair not included):

And you can count on me having WAY too much caffeine again this year :naughty:

BTW - I have some random videos from last year uploaded to Youtube. Plenty of me yelling!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ultimatedra

Dang bro, I'll be looking out for you. This will be my first vgc, drving up from Gresham/Portland area. Is the lottery for entrants going to be there this year like last? Or will it be whoever signs up first between 8am-8:30 (for me since I'm under 18)

last year ubers generally weren't allowed right? I watched diesels final round battle, that was fun, that's what I expected it to be last year :/

Dang bro, I'll be looking out for you. This will be my first vgc, drving up from Gresham/Portland area. Is the lottery for entrants going to be there this year like last? Or will it be whoever signs up first between 8am-8:30 (for me since I'm under 18)

last year ubers generally weren't allowed right? I watched diesels final round battle, that was fun, that's what I expected it to be last year :/
Lotto is gone - and with the increased cap, and legendary's where not allowed last year.

As for keeping an eye out - it is easier to keep an ear out. I am VERY LOUD when i want to be.

wow I am going for sure then if the lotto is gone. If legends are allowed this year, can I just call judge on someone who has more then one max stat on a legend? I really find it unlikely that a rayquaza would have 31 ivs in attack and speed or 31 in anything.

isn't that just really good saving? I thought that "black box" picked up any sort of external device, which was why I asked if I could call someone out if I see their stats are too good for a legend.

thanks for the link btw

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, by finding some players who understood the RNG system in the game, my Pokemon have IVs as high as they can be for what I need them for. And a 31 in Speed would have been likely before anyway as most people would have softreset until they got that 31. Speed is somewhere you don't want to skimp out on.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
yes...

not to mention I doubt you could call max stats on legends anyways. It isn't impossible someone could've hit a 31/31/31/31/31 set by random luck or gotten a good nature + vital 31 IVs.

It sounds like you're inferring that you're too good for him to play?
Lol I wish. I'm not going to do well, I've had very little time to prepare. I'm mostly just going for fun and hoping all the good players will shit on each other and leave the scrubs for me.

sounds legit bro. I hope I get paired up with you. I'll ask everyone I go up against if they go on smogon. I don't have that much time either. I just got SS not too long ago. I have what, like 3 weeks to get a team going?

Is there a like food court in the place that the vgc will be held at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)