Swift Swim
???, ???, ???, ???

Palkia@???
Pressure
???, ???, ???, ???

Metagross@Leftovers
Clear Body
Meteor Mash, ???, ???, ???

Just got back from Seattle, got creamed in the first round by a DarkVoid Smeargle stall team. Lugia hyped on CalmMind while Smeargle stalled, effectively killing my chances at striking back until I got my Mewtwo in there and avoided his DarkVoid. Killed the Smeargle, got halfway on Lugia, but then she threw out a Giratina and I just died. It was pretty sad...

But I had a blast, being my first time and everything. Saw Feathers, I got to see lots of Duck-wearing Smogon peoplez, it was great. Had to leave early before the final round though, so congratulations to Fish and Zerowing! Watched their battle on U-Tube, it was really awesome.

Just got back from Seattle, got creamed in the first round by a DarkVoid Smeargle stall team. Lugia hyped on CalmMind while Smeargle stalled, effectively killing my chances at striking back until I got my Mewtwo in there and avoided his DarkVoid. Killed the Smeargle, got halfway on Lugia, but then she threw out a Giratina and I just died. It was pretty sad...

But I had a blast, being my first time and everything. Saw Feathers, I got to see lots of Duck-wearing Smogon peoplez, it was great. Had to leave early before the final round though, so congratulations to Fish and Zerowing! Watched their battle on U-Tube, it was really awesome.
Just got back? Where do you live? xD

I wish I could have talked with you, but I ended up leaving right after I lost. You gonna go next year? We can set up a proper meet-up or something. :D

Oh, yeah, and did anyone catch who's battle I watched who used the three legendary birds? I didn't expect that, and they lost, but still it would have been nice to know who that was.

I made my dad pose with the giant pikachu; consitering puting in on Facebook...

I took like five pics of the TeamRocket cosplayers, they were great! I sent those pics to my friends in MI who couldn't make it.

1st place Junior's team is lol.

Hitmontops got big here. I thought I was being unique deciding on running one for my VGC team =[ iirc there hasn't been a Hitmontop in any of the previous videos, the calcs it yields are very nice.

I just got back from the Seattle tournament as well (I'm from Portland, OR.) I also lost on the first round due to a) my Blissey being only 44, b) not using Softboiled soon enough, c) not rereading the rules and forgot that more than one Pokemon couldn't hold the same item, so I had to sacrifice a Lum Berry, and d) coincidentally, I lost when Giratina died from Burn.

It was great though, definitely better than going up the Space Needle. One of the kids behind me kept asking people if they were from Smogon. Was thinking I could possibly find him here.

I made it to round 4, but was DQ'd due to one of my leads having 514 EV's - yeah, I'm lazy. I had a great time anyway, and my wife and I had a great time rooting for Cake in Juniors (dude, why didn't you use Shadow Ball?) along with my own 3 battles. Short semi-warstory:
Round 3: This was the first solid team I had seen, but I had over-predicted some on the first turn. I didn't mind, since it bought me momentum, anyway. This opponent was very emotive, and his expressions pretty much told my wife what my progress was in the game. 2-0.

I may have been the first person DQ'd in the Seniors in the US- I didn't hear anyone before me, but I was very focused, so I may have missed it. I admit that I cut corners, but that advantage of an extra stat point would not have caused me to win/lose any of the matches that led me into the finalist's lounge. In the end, I did my best, and I make no excuses for my mistakes. I'd like to give a shout out to Dr. Cossack, who helped me perfect my team through a series of grueling test battles. I'd like to think it could have progressed further in the tourney had I checked my arithmetic the night before, but whatever - it was a lot of fun! Seriously - even if you don't plan on competing, compete - a Smogoner has an instant edge on any noob from another forum, and there's 700+ slots to be had.
Ha, your round three opponent was me. I could of done better, but nervousness is a pain in the butt. But I don't blame you for cheating, I was temped to. But argh, I don't believe that you were the one that got me out of the finals, then you got DQ'd... That good luck did nothing at all. sigh. Next year, I'm getting my revenge. At least I could hope so.

Junior
2nd (Kevin)
Kyogre@Wacan Berry
Drizzle
Water Spout, Hydro Pump, Thunder, Ice Beam

Ludicolo@Life Orb
Swift Swim
Grass Knot, Surf, Ice Beam, Protect

Palkia@Haban Berry
Pressure
Spacial Rein, Fire Blast, Thunder, Protect

Metagross@Leftovers
Clear Body
Meteor Mash, Explosion, Bullet Punch, Earthquake

I caught,bred, EV'd the whole thing the same morning and many things are off. In line, I still wasn't done, but I did finish in line. Kinda. I'm going to make changes,for Nationals.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I am writing up my warstory now which ends with me losing to Chris Tsai, who won the L.A. stop in 2008, and was a great opponent. But, of course, major props to both Paul and Fish who did extremely well.

Now all that is left is to hear some wonderful Parasect warstories...

I am writing up my warstory now which ends with me losing to Chris Tsai, who won the L.A. stop in 2008, and was a great opponent. But, of course, major props to both Paul and Fish who did extremely well.

Now all that is left is to hear some wonderful Parasect warstories...
O.o CURSE YOU SUB-SPORING PARASECT! Articuno got me with that guy, if only I had taunted xD

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Juniors

1st (CHRIS7)

Groudon@Choice Band
Drought
Earthquake, ???, ???, ???

Zapdos@Choice Specs
Pressure
Discharge, ???, ???, ???

Abomasnow@Choice Scarf
Snow Warning
Blizzard, ???, ???, ???

Giratina-Origin@Griseous Orb
Levitate
Shadow Force, ???, ???, ???
I heard the team was actually:

Groudon@Choice Band
Drought
Earthquake

Zapdos@Choice Specs
Pressure
Discharge

Abomasnow@Choice Scarf
Snow Warning
Blizzard

Giratina-Origin@Griseous Orb
Levitate
Shadow Force

All the Pokemon supposedly only had one move.

Ha, your round three opponent was me. I could of done better, but nervousness is a pain in the butt. But I don't blame you for cheating, I was temped to. But argh, I don't believe that you were the one that got me out of the finals, then you got DQ'd... That good luck did nothing at all. sigh. Next year, I'm getting my revenge. At least I could hope so.
A similar thing actually happened to my younger brother. In round 3 he had bad luck and lost. The person he faced got hack checked and was kicked out. I never found out what exactly the person got kicked out for, though. If cheating isn't caught at the time of battle, a match result will stand. I asked the staff if there was any way my brother would be allowed back in but my request was unsurprisingly denied. If my brother had tried to call out his opponent for cheating right after the battle despite not having any evidence, the match result might have been overturn. Even after getting burned, it still doesn't feel right to do something like that, though.

I had thoughts right after the battle finished and I was roaming around the demo. ugh, I wouldn't want to call someone out for losing though. To be looked upon as a sore loser, if the persons team wasn't hacked. But, what has been done is done. I can't do anything about it, besides revenge next year, with Gen V.

But still, I would kinda hope that they would at least call the people back that had earlier faced people that had their team hacked. So they could respectively be where they belonged to stand at.

Does anyone know anything about the two charizard shirt wearing brothers from Eugene Oregon? they made it to the finalists lounge, but I didn't get to exchange any info with them before they left. They told me they check smogon, but I'm not sure if that means they have accounts, or just lurk.

If you guys are reading this, it would be great if you contacted me somehow, Id like to keep in touch, or play wifi, or something. I'm the younger of the other pair of brothers that was in the lounge.

wait.. you lost to zerowing in the top 4?? he said he beat the guy who beat me in the top 4 and that the guy who lost stormed out before getting his prizes.

since he was so cocky "i've seen this team before i have this won" then he got 3-0'd lol.

is your name edgar ?_?

Yes that is me. Um... I didn't strorm out though, I got my prizes and everything, I did leave before getting my picture taken and had to come back. and I dont remember being cocky or ever saying anything like that. I thought I was done there and left a bit earlier only because I felt bad for my BF. I dragged him into the tournament and he was so sweet of spending the whole day with me there even if he doesnt care about pokemon. I didnt want to make him wait any longer.
Wait so we battled? which one were you?

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
potentially the only girl you fought, your r3 opponent.

me and zw had the same team but i mispredicted the explosion ":[" thought you were gonna trick room -_-

i wondered if you were someone who at least looked at smogon due to your team, though that was the first team w/ those leads i'd fought ever.

i left soon after so maybe he mistook your actions idk i'm just going off what he told me since i wasn't personally there. he probably lost track of you as he went to the finals & thought you'd rushed off if he didn't see you again.

must suck winning 2-0 then losing 3-0 to the same pokemon with the same movesets lol (obv not the exact same idt his were shiny but mine are).

Oh yes I remember you. It was a fun battle. But yeah I mispredicted the battle with zerowing real bad, lol

Ay, Fish is hella good. I wasn't even hanging with that dude at all in round 3. He was blowin my shit out from the get go.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can I just ask if anyone used RNG'd Pokémon with stupid capture dates that haven't happened yet? And if they were deemed perfectly fine (I expect they would be but just want to make sure).

Can I just ask if anyone used RNG'd Pokémon with stupid capture dates that haven't happened yet? And if they were deemed perfectly fine (I expect they would be but just want to make sure).
Actually, yes!

I am not familiar with all the members of the community, but the guy who checked my pokemon for legality I think was Marriland? I asked him DIRECTLY about the issue.

My Zapdos was caught in the year 2001, before the DS Lite even came out. My Azelf was caught in the year 2051, 41 years in the future.

He said that it doesn't matter at all. They are checking your IV's and EV's, your catch locations, etc. but not the dates they were caught. Mine both passed inspection and I made it to the second round.

So don't worry about RNG Reporter pokemon from the year 3000, they are still legal as long as you didn't give them 514 EV's like someone else did!

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, as the above poster said, it doesn't matter at all. They are checking for the legality of the stats/movesets rather than simple things that can be maniuplated via the DS dates (which has nothing to do with the DS cartridge at all). Marriland really doesn't have much to do with hack checking - the final decision is Mike Liesik's.

One of mine was caught in the future, and it passed fine.

Makes sense for them to allow Pokémon from the year 3000. It's just the same but they live underwater.

*shot and absolutely deserved it*

You can't have a year greater then 2099, IIRC.
You can. I just checked RNG reporter and it has dates going all the way up towards 3000 and higher (I specifically checked the year 3134 to verify). I don't know why someone would even bother with that but w/e.

Though it doesn't even matter if you CAN do that by the RNG's logic because the DS clock only goes to 2099. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)