US VGC 2010 Tournament - Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

*Approved by Jimbo*

Get ready for the Pokémon Video Game Championships, returning in spring 2010 to cities across the globe! Returning participants will notice that most of the rules and guidelines are the same as last year, but we've been working hard to make exciting changes that will make the 2010 Pokémon Video Game Championships better than ever! These changes include:
  • Players now using Pokémon HeartGold or SoulSilver Version games exclusively
  • Pokémon Level 51 and higher being automatically graded down to Level 50 for the duration of the battle using a new auto-leveling feature
    • Each Pokémon keeps all of the moves it knew before being adjusted
    • Pokémon that evolve after Level 50 don't devolve
    • Any Pokémon below Level 50 will stay at its current level
  • Virtually every Pokémon found in the National Pokédex of Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions is eligible, including Pokémon traded in from earlier games, with the following exceptions:
    • Arceus, Celebi, Darkrai, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Mew, Phione, and Shaymin cannot participate
    • A team cannot contain more than two of Dialga, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Mewtwo, Palkia, and Rayquaza during a battle
Stay tuned for more information regarding the upcoming Pokémon Video Game Championships! Look for details around March 14th when Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver Versions arrive in stores!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/organized-play/championship-series/video/

So the rules are announced, it may be a step backwards but they are our rules, and no better time to start getting prepared than now, so without further ado, let play begin!

Some rules to know aside from all of that:

• Other than the exceptions listed above all rules from the VGC 09 still apply, they are:
    • 4v4 Double Battle
    • Item Clause
    • Species Clause
    • Self-KO Clause
  • Games can be played on D/P or Platinum or HGSS and will be played as forced lvl 50
  • All HGSS moves will be allowed
  • It is single elmination
  • Deadlines will be strictly adhered to, and coin flips will be made
  • Round 1 is long to give people time to make teams, every subsequent round will be from Tuesday to Tuesday
  • Team Changes will be allowed as this is a Tournament meant for team testing, please don't abuse this however
  • Prizes can be donated and will include my old Pokemon and a worlds 2009 pin.

Toxicroak ♂
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Dry Skin
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Egg Moves: Cross Chop, Feint, Bullet Punch, Fake Out
Courtesy of Rename Card

Timid
29/2/29/29/31/31
Courtesy of Rysta

Ludicolo
Bold
31/31/31/31/31/31
Egg Moves: Leech Seed
Ability: Rain Dish
Courtesy of Dozer

Metagross
Brave
25/31/31/31/30/1
Courtesty of Haku16

Worlds 2009 Pin

Deadline is Tuesday 3/30 at 5 EST

Alakapimp v Expert Evan
Yeti v Serendipity

Deadline is Tuesday 3/30 at 5 EST

Subsitutes
1. dtrain
2. magickzzl
3. Naso
4. ToMmY91
5. Haku16
6. tshahi10
7. GreySong
8. BananaMango
9. CCM30
10. Water Pokemon Master
11. Politoad666
12. iitenki
13. Last Requiem
14. Andúril

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
haters gonna hate

good luck to my fellow 3 battlers though

edit: also serendipity i apparently can't vm you unless i am friends with you SO
i will be in oregon starting friday afternoon till the next friday, i will have wifi but i don't know when i will get on it or if it's even wifi, it might still be ethernet cable 'lol'
as a result i feel we must battle tomorrow because i am busy tonight/thursday
will be available at some point after 1 pm PST

n o concerns, i will be around, just not certain of when i will have solid access to wifi

Yeti: Alright, tomorrow is fine. I'm already on Spring Break so I should be on the whole time. Feel free to PM me tomorrow. Good luck!

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
confirming.
too bad a certain move missed the wrong pokemon. could've been alright otherwise, perhaps.

gg.. no crits or anything.

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
EE wins, untimely para cost me the game, but thats how Pokemon is, final is up gl EE and serendipity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)