Data Usage-Based Tier Update for September 2017 (Oct @ #73) (Nov @ #129)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Jirachi is actually BL (oops my b) and Tornadus is actually BL2 because of bans earlier in the gen. Loving all of these tier changes (except Mantine rip) but WHY WON'T ARCANINE DROP FROM UU AND WHY IS DONPHAN SO USED WHY CAN'T IT DROP!? Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.

Jirachi is actually BL and Tornadus is actually BL2 because of bans earlier in the gen. Loving all of these tier changes (except Mantine rip) but WHY WON'T ARCANINE DROP FROM UU AND WHY IS DONPHAN SO USED WHY CAN'T IT DROP!? Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.
Jirachi isn't BL because it technically never went into BL, it rose straight to ou at the beginning of beta. but it's getting banned probs tho ;)

also free breloom

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Quick thoughts on some of these shifts

• Jirachi in UU? Welp, there goes any chance I had of trying this tier. To all the dedicated UU players: Good luck. Here's to this fuckwad getting quick-banned ASAP, along with all the other power-creeped bs
  • Well, there is a silver lining to all this. At least UU won't have to worry about Aveil anymore. Alolan Sandslash and Aurorus possibly rising to UU?
  • Kingdra has had an insane history this gen. It started out in OU when Pelipper hype was still ripe, then as rain slowly slipped away, it too slipped down all the way to NU, and now that Mega Swampert has revived OU Rain, here it is, back in the home of the Tapus and UBs.
  • Machamp moving on it's own from NU to RU without needing a ban. Just another example of the absurd effect of the burn nerf on Guts.

UU has not been given a break this gen. It has had crazy drops this gen. From the beginning of the tier we had shit like zard y and kyruem B legal (tho things are usually a bit nuts at the beginning but that was just absurd). Then getting stuff like mega pert and xuriktree.After manaphy dropped on it,and now this. Good lord

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Jirachi is actually BL (oops my b) and Tornadus is actually BL2 because of bans earlier in the gen. Loving all of these tier changes (except Mantine rip) but WHY WON'T ARCANINE DROP FROM UU AND WHY IS DONPHAN SO USED WHY CAN'T IT DROP!? Sorry, just had to get that out of my system.
I forgot one. BLASTIOSE DROP DAMN YOU!

Quick thoughts on some of these shifts

• Jirachi in UU? Welp, there goes any chance I had of trying this tier. To all the dedicated UU players: Good luck. Here's to this fuckwad getting quick-banned ASAP, along with all the other power-creeped bs
  • Well, there is a silver lining to all this. At least UU won't have to worry about Aveil anymore. Alolan Sandslash and Aurorus possibly rising to UU?
  • Kingdra has had an insane history this gen. It started out in OU when Pelipper hype was still ripe, then as rain slowly slipped away, it too slipped down all the way to NU, and now that Mega Swampert has revived OU Rain, here it is, back in the home of the Tapus and UBs.
  • Machamp moving on it's own from NU to RU without needing a ban. Just another example of the absurd effect of the burn nerf on Guts.
...out of everything that just dropped to uu, jirachi is the one that damns it for you? rachis really not that bad by uu standards, its fluctuated a bit this gen and the last but it tends to move up via usage, not due to being banned

Perish Song

flaunt
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Give UU a break lol. After banning its biggest powerhouse xurk, now it gets nihilego , m garde m gallade hoopa u and jirachi lol.

Yay for mantine and rotom W tho.

If anyone is interested, the tier stats by usage:

RU
>be RU
>have still 3 C- Rank mons and firmly hold on to its only D Rank mon
>third most used mon is C Rank and directly outclassed by the second most used mon
>drop one good mon
>rise another C- Rank mon
I genuinely feel bad, I like diversity of the mons of RU, I think the mods do a great job, but the players though...

Alakazam-Mega should move from OU to BL. (BL because UU already banned Alakazam). Probably an oversight.

Birdspam and Aurora Veil play in OU moved quite a few Pokemon up. And Kingdra finally officially joining after having been hot on rain teams for a while. A good chunk dropped, most of them Megas that would've dropped regardless. Latias-Mega and Heracross-Mega could move back again at some point, otherwise its all likely permanent. This means that the OU list is finally freed from unviable megas released late.

UU is gonna explode though, where to even begin. They have so many things to reintroduce as well. Wonder if the absense of Ninetales-Alola and Smeargle joining will mean Webs is gonna be more common. Mantine could very well be stolen by OU at some point, so no biggie there. Nidoqueen was the glue of RU, then UU takes it for such a short time only. We're moving in circles. The powercreep in UU is moving further along now, mostly surprised Camerupt-Mega dropped. RU might have a few megas introduced soon, perhaps for a few of them to just get a banhammer, unless UU does that to them all. RU gets some nice things officially from lower tiers. Quagsire will probably stay now that Mantine has left. It's a decent mon in all tiers, which is better reflected now that its not in PU.

What an update.

Wait, what metagame shift changed Kingdra from not even good enough for RU to OU viable in the space of 3 months?
Pelipper and Mega Swampert makes rain pretty devestating if you don't have Gastrodon or Ferrothorn and Kingdra is a great Swift Swimmer.

EDIT: UU has to deal with Hoopa-Unbound and Jirachi. UU is wiped out until stuff gets quickbanned (Or Dugtrio/Arena Trap gets banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)