Resource Useful LC stuff / Introductions / Simple Questions Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello, all. My name is Andy. I have a question about stats. Why do some (Special) Attack stats do the same as much as others? Like 18 and 17 do the same damage, iirc. Also, can someone provide me with a list or direct me to one that tells all the equal attack numbers?
Because of the low stats in LC, the damage formula often comes up with some weird rolls. 17 and 18 won't always do the same damage. They could do the same damage against one Pokemon but then do different damage against another Pokemon. So there is no definitive list of Attack stats that do the same damage, as it depends on the defending Pokemon as well.

e.g.
156 SpA (17 SpA) Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abra: 9-11 (47.3 - 57.8%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
(9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11)
236 SpA (18 SpA) Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abra: 9-11 (47.3 - 57.8%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
(9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 11)
---
156 SpA (17 SpA) Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 6-8 (28.5 - 38%) -- 59.1% chance to 3HKO
(6, 6, 6, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 8)
236 SpA (18 SpA) Misdreavus Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Pawniard: 7-9 (33.3 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
(7, 7, 7, 7, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 9)

I don't really have an explanation as for why this is, except it's just the way the damage formula works. If you're wondering how to EV your Pokemon, it's best just to use the damage calculator (http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/) to check a few things that you want to be hitting.

As I said, just getting into it and saw most of the forums and Murkrow was mentioned a lot, I didn't realise it was basically the Klefki of LC.
It's not, Murkrow has many sets that can work extremely well, but unfortunately a lot of players see prankster + swagger + foul play and they go for a set like that. Using Murkrow isn't looked down upon at all but using swagplay is because it is completely reliant on luck. If you want a different Murkrow set, you could try a mixed set with brave bird / heat wave / sucker punch and dark pulse or HP grass.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's not, Murkrow has many sets that can work extremely well, but unfortunately a lot of players see prankster + swagger + foul play and they go for a set like that. Using Murkrow isn't looked down upon at all but using swagplay is because it is completely reliant on luck. If you want a different Murkrow set, you could try a mixed set with brave bird / heat wave / sucker punch and dark pulse or HP grass.
Swagplay rox d00d. Swagplaying is master plays

What's a good counter to SturdyJuicers? I always have trouble with them, wether it be offensive like Tirtouga or defensive like Magnemite.

What's a good counter to SturdyJuicers? I always have trouble with them, wether it be offensive like Tirtouga or defensive like Magnemite.
There are a couple ways of handling them. First, you can use a weaker coverage move (or Knock Off) if you are not in danger of being KOed in return. You can also run Stealth Rock or Spikes. These are just suggestions in general; your best bet if you have issues with a mon individually is just a strong check or counter.

Kappaten already said the main ways of dealing with them but more specifically Drillbur, Cranidos, Axew and Pancham are able to OHKO the sturdymons if they're using Mold Breaker.

Hey, you know how this goes. New to LC, seems really fun because I can use pokemon that I like to win, not just the best. Want to get involved here hopefully and I also like VGC format. So yea.

P.S. Fuck OU

Dwebble is a very effective hazard lead(with sturdyjuice)who can set up spikes as well. Ferroseed is also a decent Stealth Rock setter(and can also set up spikes) and can last throughout a match. You could also consider options such as Pawniard and defensive Tirtouga or even Onix and Nosepass.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To be honest however, Stealth Rock isn't all that viable unless you are Dwebble+Pawniard. Do to the prevalence of Defog still, any hazard isn't as good as it could be. Especially since the most common pokemon, Pawniard, Drilbur, Mienfoo, Meditite, etc, take 6% form it, which is usually 1 HP. However, I would recommend using Dwebble in conunction with something such as Pawniard, as Defog users will greatly not like Pawniard because of the +2 atk it gains.

Hey guys ! I'm Kostic !

I got into LC in late BW after getting bored of OU as this tier seemed fun(and really is). I'm looking forward to playing a lot to LC this gen as the metagame is really fun and I’m really enjoying it. So I’ll maybe participate in discussions threads, and hopefully I’ll be a part of the community and make friends :].

For a simple question/simple answer...

I'm pretty sure I dreamed this after looking over the forum (Am I dreaming about being on smogon forums now? >.<), but we aren't starting an LC UU by any chance, are we? I had the weirdest dream that we were.

Just making sure... thanks in advance.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I'm pretty sure I dreamed this after looking over the forum (Am I dreaming about being on smogon forums now? >.<), but we aren't starting an LC UU by any chance, are we? I had the weirdest dream that we were.

Every month antar generates a theoretical "LC UU" tier, however, due to the low player base of LC, there probably will never be an LC UU.

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

adding to what atomicllamas said, you can always create an OM thread (check if there's one already, and remember to follow the rules of posting a new meta in that forum) of LCUU and feel free to challenge/play it with your friends or anyone you can find. Pretty sure a few LCers would happily play a bit of LCUU for fun

I'm new to the LC thing, so I've been researching rules and movesets.

I came across a slowpoke set that looked good, but it contained Slack Off.

The problem is, Slowpoke learns Slack Off after level 5 and none of the usual sources (Serebii.net, bulbapedia) list Slack Off as anything other than a level-up move.

My question is this: How then can this be a moveset in the LC?
Or alternatively: How do I get a slowpoke with Slack Off at level 5 or below?

Cheers.

Edit: This seems to be everywhere e.g. Foongus with Spore, Mienfoo with Fake Out...

Hello LC'ers, I"m a fairly new player for gen 6 LC, but i dabbled a bit in BWLC thanks to Superpowerdude. RIP. I have decided to follow XYLC because it's cute, i know some LC'ers who probably forgot who i was, and because I tried Ubers and OU and for reason or another i didn't like them too much (I couldn't make a team in Ubers without using the Viabilty thread/analyses and the ?over-centralising? metagame, and OU because Genesect got banned T_T). Also, LC doesn't have any mega evos :D Hopefully i can find more time and try not to think about S-Rank pokemon being on nearly every team :).

Hello LC'ers, I"m a fairly new player for gen 6 LC, but i dabbled a bit in BWLC thanks to Superpowerdude. RIP. I have decided to follow XYLC because it's cute, i know some LC'ers who probably forgot who i was, and because I tried Ubers and OU and for reason or another i didn't like them too much (I couldn't make a team in Ubers without using the Viabilty thread/analyses and the ?over-centralising? metagame, and OU because Genesect got banned T_T). Also, LC doesn't have any mega evos :D Hopefully i can find more time and try not to think about S-Rank pokemon being on nearly every team :).
Trust me, we take S-Tier to the next level >_>

I've been laddering with my Sticky Web HO Team, but I've noticed one glaring weakness in my team: Pawniard. He is the ultimate counter to my team, benefiting from Sticky Web with Defiant and ignoring the stat drop from Speed by using priority Suckah! Punch, basically OHKO'ing my whole team which is frail as fuck (which is why I use Sticky Web in the first place). Anyway I could remedy this weakness without adding too many?

My team http://pastebin.com/zQSHmAxW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)