Resource Useful LC stuff / Introductions / Simple Questions Simple Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll write an introduction too, better late than never!

Hey everyone I'm Yagura, some of you may know me. I may be "new" here but but I play LC since a while (I started playing the tier in the middle of 2012 on PO (I'm an LC QC and a former LC tutor there) after I got bored of OU and I harmonized well with it and didn't stop playing it since that time. I found the LC community here welcoming and vital so it'd be really nice to get involved with it and know you more. If you have any question that you'd like to ask then feel free to VM/PM me it! :D

Hey everyone, I'm Zontanossey. I've been playing pokémon since the first gen, but I've been playing a little bit competitively since gen 5. Even though I've played 100s of battles on showdown, I'm still new to completive battling. Anyway, I'm 23 and in college majoring in Architecture or Architecture Design. I love to draw, play sports and video games, write poetry and music on my laptop. I've seen a couple of you in showdown and here, so it should be fun to actually join a community.

Hi everybody, I'm Felicette. I haven't been playing competitively for very long at all, but I've found a certain appeal in LC. The tier is amazingly fun so far for me and the community seems really friendly, which I'd love to be a part of. I was introduced to LC by a good friend a couple months ago, but never really tried to get into it until very recently. You can probably find me lurking in the LC room most of the time. Hope to see you guys there! :)

Might as well introduce myself.

I go by JudgeMasterCid, or JMC for practical purposes. I used to play back in Gen. IV, where I was mostly an OU / Ubers / LC Player. I'm intrigued by the evolution and changes the Metagame has seen with the passage of time, and ultimately, I would like not only to learn from Smogon, but also to provide logical and useful insights once I have accrued enough experience on the newer trends of the game. I ladder in LC under the alias "JMC Helsinki", as well as my Main Account, "JudgeMasterCid". Glad to make your acquaintance.

Last edited:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't know about others, but I never really wanted Yanma gone in the first place. It was bad, but not that bad.

Edit: It's cute, imo

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure nothing. Some users want it just to spice up the meta with no other reasonings. Others also claim that fletch checks it, but that only more so over centralizes the metagame. Also, Fletch faces a potential ban so we may lose that check as well. It's still pretty ridiculous imo.

Hey so I figured I might as well write an intro here, so yeah. I'm Apollo, and I've been into comp for a couple years now. Got into LC a little bit late Gen V, but at the start of Gen VI really started getting into it. It's a really fun and exciting meta, and I look forward to playing it with everyone here!

I'm pretty sure nothing. Some users want it just to spice up the meta with no other reasonings. Others also claim that fletch checks it, but that only more so over centralizes the metagame. Also, Fletch faces a potential ban so we may lose that check as well. It's still pretty ridiculous imo.
Believe it or not, there are actually arguments that aren't based around "it looks cool"! :P

First, it's 4x weak to SR and has pretty bad synergy with a lot of defoggers. Its STAB moves are relatively weak, it's quite frail, and checked by Fletch, base 75 SpA is good but not amazing, etc. I didn't want Yanma to be banned in the first place to be perfectly honest, but I can see why it was ultimately removed from the tier. I don't think this matters anymore, seeing as Fletchling and Misdreavus have a lot more votes than Yanma, and a bunch of people would have to change their votes in order for it to be tested. Also, like macle said, with Grand Slam coming up, testing something as controversial as Yanma could really illegitimize the tier.

Last edited:
Hey! I'm sugilite and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you.

I've been a fan of Pokemon for nearly 15 years now, but I've only just taken an interest in the competitive scene. I absolutely loved the Little Cup in Pokemon Stadium 2, so I thought I'd start here! Watching other people's battles on Showdown, I really like how fast-paced the Little Cup can be.

Unfortunately, I have an irrational but overwhelming fondness for Spoink. I thought the Little Cup would finally give me the opportunity to use this incredibly useless pokemon, but it seems useless here too (even though it seemed kind of okay on its strategy page)! However, I have a dream that one day I will become so good at Little Cup that I can eventually incorporate Spoink on my team. One day.

Aerow

rebel
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
116 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe is the recommended spread for offensive Snubbull. I recommended checking out the LC Analyses subforum, there you will find sets for almost all Little Cup Pokemon! This is the Snubbull analysis, for example. However, completed LC Analyses isn't in the LC Analyses subforum, so check the "Done"-section of this thread too.

Hope this helped! :)

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
116 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 36 Spe is the recommended spread for offensive Snubbull. I recommended checking out the LC Analyses subforum, there you will find sets for almost all Little Cup Pokemon! This is the Snubbull analysis, for example. However, completed LC Analyses isn't in the LC Analyses subforum, so check the "Done"-section of this thread too.

Hope this helped! :)
Thanks, I looked at the analyses, but was confused when the statistics listed Adamant 0/196/116/0/196/0 as the most popular spread, so I'm not sure which is a better reference

Aerow

rebel
I recommend using the spread in the analysis, it's not too hard to get 1760 Glicko, so I wouldn't trust usage stats.

Hi, I'm Justin, I've been playing games since I was 3 years old and pokemon has always been one of my favorite series. About 5 months ago I stumbled upon Pokemon showdown and I thought it was a pretty cool place to do some online battling even though i didn't take it completely serious at first; however, it didn't take me very long to want to be as competitive as possible with my online experience. After playing Ou to the point where it started getting ridiculous, I decided to try playing different tiers for a little while and I instantly fell in love the Little Cup tier and since then it's been my favorite.

Ello, name is Connor or more known by the name RZL or Rizzle. I know this is kinda late but, better late then never....coughclichecoughcough. I'm prolly known by like 2 people or somewhat but I might as well introduce myself. A year ago when I got my computer I decide to play on PS but, I only like ladder and played gen5 UU rarely speaking because I'm a quite timid person actually. After awhile I was introduced to another server and play other tiers than OU, UU and what not so I decide to play LC in around January I ladder to around 1880 Acre and then, the ladder reset.... So feeling discouraged about laddering I just spent my team addicted to the other server and the around mid-June I decided to pick up LC....Well what happened was that I kinda came out of my shell...So I'm not timid anymore but, actually rather talkative. I enjoyed LC so I decided to immerse myself in the tier and then met Corporal Levi and he introduced me more into the tier and I feel in love with it. So then I got better and better and forgot to make one of these even tho I intended to... I enjoy big words and math and mainly enjoy Pokemon most of all. If you ever want anyone to battle just pm AM RZL, RZL2000 or ym they are my main accounts atm...
:v4::pimp:

When will the next suspect test take place?
For the XY metagame, probably not for awhile, seeing as we just had one, but obviously, I don't know 100%.

Edit: I have heard something in the area of tests or whatnot may be happening soon, but I don't know when/for what/or if Macle was just screwing with me

Why did I completely neglect this thread?
Anyway, I'm going to introduce myself.

Hi there, most people call me levi eren and I've been doing LC for quite a while now. I started LC around when BW2 came out and I was in love with it ever since. Like most people, LC wasn't the first tier I played competitively. On Pokemon Showdown!, I started with OU and it didn't really make a good first impression. So, I went way below to LC, and the day I got into LC was probably the best day of my life. I loved the twist that you only can use first evolutions of pokemon and everyone is level five. I was on another account back then and I kept playing LC every single day and it was a blast. If you need any help in LC, you can find me in the LC room on PS(most of the time), and PM me there and I'll be willing to help.
Main account: Eren Yeagar
Alts: Excited Foongus, Eren Yeagar's Alt

Hey guys,

I'm Moonstone. I've dabbled around with OU and other tiers for a while but recently settled down into LC and I'm looking to break into the metagame. I'm currently being tutored via Battling 101, and Goddess Briyella is my tutor. With her help as well as help from the community I hope to one day be able to impact the LC metagame. Nice to meet you guys!

~Moonstone

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm trash and nice to meet you all ;). I started LC cause I wanted to use burmy trash then found it here was no trash. :(. I started liking LC because frogblog and ugly mons. I am also known as Rufflets or Washibon. I am usually in LC room on "trash" if you need help I suggest asking other people before me cause I'm trash in LC.

ps - AAA LC or bust

Aerow

rebel
Numel is really bad, sadly. If you want a good offensive Fire-type Pokemon, use Vulpix, Houndour or Ponyta instead.

Numel is really bad, sadly. If you want a good offensive Fire-type Pokemon, use Vulpix, Houndour or Ponyta instead.
Agreeing with what Aerow said here. Even with the simple ability, numel still has a hard time to set up since it's rather frail and weak to many common types in LC, especially the very common earthquake. Plus, the fire pokemon Aerow mentioned are much better and don't have to risk setting up like numel here. They already have a lot of firepower already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)