1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Users who have been warned to stop being dumb.

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by Surgo, Jul 8, 2007.

1. Surgo

Surgo goes to eleven
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

In this topic is going to be "list of users I (and you) have warned to be more intelligent". This could be by infraction, private message, whatever. As it is now, however, there is too much time between warnings to stop being dumb about things and lurk more (people who continually post dumb movesets and defend them to the death after they are told they need to get some competitive battling experience, for example). Infractions in theory fix this, but they are problematic because I and other admins/supermods cannot see what exactly the infracting moderator said in the infraction.

Thus, if you warn someone for being a real idiot, be it by infraction, PM, or calling them out, I want you to post it here and the details (preferably what you said to them). If I, or some other person with the power to ban, see them do this again, they should be given a brief ban. I feel that this would drive the point home quickly on what Smogon expects from its posters.

There is nothing wrong with being a newbie. That just means you are new. There is something wrong with a newbie, or anyone, acting like they know it all and not being able to back it up, continually posting shitty discussion, etc.

List of users:
  2. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

I think we can all agree that if Toy slips up once more he just gets a ban. He's got 5 pages of infractions and every time he ends up in I could be bannned! he just waits until it expires.

nvm the other he's banned
  3. Fish

Fish
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this guy has some weird infraction on his record and it being an annoying shitstain, please ban him

this started with me infracting him for a triple post

---------

Dear Silver_Wind,

You have received an infraction at Smogon Community.

Reason: Multiple Posting/Flooding
    -
    If at first you don't succeed, quit trying.
    -

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=703845
    Quote:
    posting again after another 24hrs of inactivity....
    All the best,
    Smogon Community

---------

Don't your rules state I can bump my thread 3 times of 24 hrs of no inactivity? It would be pretty mean if you did on my third instead of 4th.....

---------

7. Bumping. If your team is interesting enough to comment on, people will do it for you. If no one at all comments on your RMT for around 24 hours, feel free to bump it. After that, do not bump it again unless you are making significant changes. "Stealth Bumps" will not be tolerated. Moderators and Administrators can see your deleted posts, so do yourself and us a favor and don't even attempt this.

If your thread is locked/deleted, do not re-post it until you have corrected entirely what caused a moderator/administrator to lock/delete it in the first place.

(from http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19179)

---------

so can you at least tell me why ppl aren't posting that much in my threads? being that I don't see my problem.

---------

Shouldn't have asked me to check that for you...

Probably because you've posted the same team five times now. Looks like you got a good amount of responses on an earlier attempt. If you try to post the same team again, you will be banned.

---------

good responses? ha, have you looked at those responses? most were by new members, and many of the older members argued w/ what they had to say. My team was never fully helped. i have seen some good threads, and my threads haven't gotten close to getting good advice and I think the older members just don't care abput the younger members. I counted three for that team. And, as of Tuesday I will only have your infraction. So, then I must have 2 more chances to re-make a thread to get some good help for that team. So, why hasn't my threads gotten a lot of responses?

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30843
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30488
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29887
  4. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

He just PMed me that team asking for a rating.. For comedic value I am gonna recommend he posts it in the rmt forum!

Have a nice day.
  5. Kumar

Kumar
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I've warned hybrid a couple of times not to troll stark mountain both in PM and in #smogon, but he's rectified himself.

Agreeing that toy can go on this list.
  6. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

i banned silver wind for two months fyi
  7. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Toy is gone until January because he took a few big infractions in a rather short timephrame. He now has like 18 infractions anyway, I can't see anything wrong with permbanning him by now.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)