Other Using Shedinja

So the last time I tried to get a team rating, I goofed and put under the wrong Tier. Not only that, I put it up when it wasnt ready for evaluation. Now, Im confident enough to see what others thinks, and get some constructive input. The whole point of this team is that I wanted to FINALLY make a team that made use of Shedinja. Ive tried to in the past with.....less then stellar results. However, in Gen 6, I bebelive we have the pokemon and the moves that can make this work.

Ive had to test this team in Ubers due to Blazkien, but please keep in mind, THIS IS NOT AN UBERS TEAM. I also do not use legends, so please keep these two things in mind when rating.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace/Shadow Sneak
- Hone Claws
- Shadow Claw
- X-Scissor

A friend showed me a Video of a Shedinja wreaking with a weakness Policy. That's what got me on track for making this team. After a couple of matches and some input, I realized that the weakness Policy was too gimmiky for me. Ive opted for a Focus Sash to at least make this guy a bit more Survivable. Blazkien pasts Speed boosts and hopefully a Sub off to this guy so he can get in a few Hone claws before starting to wreak. Im torn between Aerial Ace and Shadow Sneak atm. Both have there functions and downfalls.

Blaziken @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Protect
- Flare Blitz

I orgianally had HP fully invested on this guy. On a whim I looked through Smogon's Database and found 2 things that needed changed. So what you see here is a Basic Baton Passer Blaze (namely to my Shedinja).

Pangoro @ Assault Vest
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Infestation
- Foul Play
- Circle Throw
- Earthquake

It took a bit of time for me to get this guy on my team. The set you see was suggested to me by a friend. I want Pangoro to be a kind of Phaser and trapper. This set gets the job done. Though there is no Att investment, this guy still packs a punch.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My starter and all around tank. Ive tried to use M.Aggron before with little success. With this set and this team, I found M.Aggron to be very effective. Rather simple use, M. Evolve, Set up stealth rock and proceed to Dragon Tail. Rest to restore health for longevity and Sleep talk for a hopefully D. Tail. The only big thing, is that his tank is forced out by Fairy Pokes.

Empoleon @ Air Balloon
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 76 SpA / 8 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Emploeon is my second wall/ Hazards remover. Empoleon offers some needed coverage for my team. Ive opted for Scald as a Stab since it has a reasonable base Power, plus the chance to burn is nice. Not really much I can say except it gets the job done.

Noivern @ Life Orb
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

This guy has suprised me the most, and in a few cases won me the battle. Infiltrator is wonderful giving other teams with Subs a nasty surprise. Draco for its power, Roost to restore, U-turn to keep momentum, and Flamethrower for certain Steel types.

Well there she be. Not the greatest team ever, but one Ive enjoyed making and testing. I thank all who take the time to offer suggestions.

You want this rated as an uber tier team? There's really no point since you probably want to keep your favorite pokemon and limit yourself to non-legendaries. Non-tiered teams are essentially unrateable, since we have no idea what this team would be up against. Just have fun playing against your friends and don't worry about how you do in a tier if it's more about using your favorites.

I don't want this rated as an Uber team, Im just forced to test in Ubers due to Blazekien. I kinda made this team to played in Random Matches on WiFi and against the few friends I have. And im not at all too concerned about keeping my Favorite Pokemon on this team (well other than Shedinja, since thats kinda what I made the team around).

Im not so much concerned about a "rating". Im more or less looking for General Feedback. But if its un-ratable/ un-analyzable, then Ill accept that fact and move forward.

Weakness Policy:Attack and Sp. Atk sharply increase when hit super effectively. Single use.

Wonder guard: This Pokemon can only be damaged by super effective moves and indirect damage.

Shedninja has only 1 hp. Shedninja can't take a SE hit with weakness policy, and in essence, weakness policy is useless on shedninja, unless you play Hackmons/Balanced hackmons or some other meta. I'm pretty sure the video your fried showed you was fake.

Weakness Policy:Attack and Sp. Atk sharply increase when hit super effectively. Single use.

Wonder guard: This Pokemon can only be damaged by super effective moves and indirect damage.

Shedninja has only 1 hp. Shedninja can't take a SE hit with weakness policy, and in essence, weakness policy is useless on shedninja, unless you play Hackmons/Balanced hackmons or some other meta. I'm pretty sure the video your fried showed you was fake.
Shedinja learns Endure which allows it to take any hit and leave it at 1 HP. Since Shedinja only has 1 HP it loses nothing and gets Weakness Policy activated to allow for a potential sweep.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)