Project USM RU Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Core archive updated. Just some pointers

CawnShonnery Decided to put some more optimal spreads and move for your core in the archive (jellicent doesnt need hp flying and keep it straightforward with the banded durant, keep the offensive p2 tho). Hope you dont mind

Thanks everyone for your contributions, really appreciate it. Keep it up!

Last edited:

Swellow @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash

Meloetta @ Fightinium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

Really cool normal spam core that focusses on softening checks for Swellow with Fightinium Z Meloetta. All-Out Pummeling deals with Registeel, Snorlax, Porygon2, Umbreon, Gigalith etc. which all stops birdy from spamming Boomburst. Although no defensive synergy, they both have similar checks that can easily be overpowered. Calm Mind Meloetta is a pretty underrated breaker right now with its great coverage and unique typing. Its speed tier is also a plus over something like Reuniclus.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
Offensive Core

Suicide Lead Froslass + Offensive Stealth Rock Mesprit + Sucker Punch & Pursuit Zoroark

This is a basic spike stack core, typically froslass teams would use Nidoqueen, but here that was obviously not an option so I went with an unfamiliar face, Mesprit. These types of teams typically run another ghost to help spinblock, in this role Doublade and Mismagius come to mind, as they benefit from hazards to support a sweep. Sharpedo is a common sight on spike stack teams for a good reason, the chip damage can turn 2hkos into a Ohko, a very important distinction for the glass cannon it is. Set-up sweepers (especially those that appreciate pursuit support from Zoroark) are the center pieces of spike stack teams, and should fill the final slots available. In this category Flygon, Feraligatr, Linoone, Salazzle, Durant, Virizion, Kommo-o and Bruxish all appreciate and take sufficient advantage of hazard support while keeping offensive pressure on the opponent which is critical in keeping hazards on the right side of the field.

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Icy Wind
- Destiny Bond

Froslass is the premier spike lead in RU and it functions effectively as a suicide lead thanks to its access to taunt and destiny bond along with its above-average speed. Its ghost typing prevents rapid spin kills and if preserved it can spinblock later in the game, if necessary. Froslass helps prevent stealth rocks which is always desirable, but especially so with the use of zoroark.

Mesprit @ Electrium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Healing Wish

Nidoqueens absence from RU has left the tier without any effective offensive stealth rock users. Consequently, I had to get creative to find a stealth rock user that could keep enough pressure on opposing teams to prevent hazard removal by defog or rapid spin and also magic bouncers. Gligar, Mantine, and Donphan and Xatu are the prevailing utilizers of such support roles and they are all quite susceptible to Mesprit’s bolt beam coverage which is complimented by a nice 105 special attack stat. Healing wish is an excellent support move and allows one to play more recklessly with sweepers usually preserved until late game.
252 SpA Mesprit Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 320-380 (95.8 - 113.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mesprit Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 24+ SpD Mantine: 464-548 (124 - 146.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO (doesn't Ohko without electrium z)
252 SpA Mesprit Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Donphan: 256-302 (66.6 - 78.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mesprit Gigavolt Havoc (185 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Xatu: 464-548 (138.9 - 164%) -- guaranteed OHKO (doesn't Ohko without electrium z)

Zoroark @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Memento

Zoroark compliments Froslass and Mesprit by targeting magic bounce users Xatu and Espeon, with the help of the confusion of the illusion. Zoroark also supports froslass indirectly by incorporating a degree of uncertainty into the first turn match up scenario, and can some instances function as a lead itself. This set is slightly redundant with Mesprit’s as they both have z crystals and and a healing wish-type move. In Mesprit’s case holding a z crystal ables it to take less damage from knock offs, which it often faces from Donphan, allows it to get crucial Ohkos on Mantine and Xatu. Zoroark appreciates the flexibility it gets from having Darknium Z. It can choose the appropriate time when it needs the power boost, and having a mono-dark moveset can apply the positive effects to a variety of moves. Not to mention Life Orb can give away Zoroark’s identity after it takes damage. Z-Memento is a godsend for offensive teams and this is even more true for spike stacking since it’s all based around sweeping. Mesprit’s healing wish is slower and therefore more unreliable and it also doesn’t provide the same set-up opportunity that memento does.

Yeah I definitely agree with you this is a good core. If I don't want to use double z move do you have any suggestions? Also any suggestions for Zoroark's disguise? Or is that more of a game by game basis.

Thanks!

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+

Bewear (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Zoroark (M) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn

Bewear is a very strong wallbreaker and not many Pokemon in this tier appreciate switching into it. Pokemon that are able to check it such as Ghost-types and very bulky physically defensive Pokemon get lured in by Zoroark which makes this a great offensive core that I've had a lot of fun and success utilizing.

teachable

Banned deucer.
Yeah I definitely agree with you this is a good core. If I don't want to use double z move do you have any suggestions? Also any suggestions for Zoroark's disguise? Or is that more of a game by game basis.

Thanks!
Mespirit probably needs the Z-Crystal more in theory, typically, to prevent defog by guaranteeing an OHKO on Mantine but it'd come down to what your team needs (e.g. with Linoone, Heracross, or some setup sweeper the memento + additional "Healing Wish" of Z-Memento may be appreciated more than scoring the OHKOs Electrium-Z gets you).
As for item swaps, the core creator can probably answer better than me but my opinions:
Dread Plate is a good replacement for Zoroark.
Colbur Berry, Life Orb, or Sash for Mespirit.

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
+

This is a pretty cool balanced core that I've been having fun with lately. The idea of the core is that Salazzle, while good at breaking teams, is frail and so it appreciates a good defensive mon to fall back on. Gligar provides a ground immunity for its 4x weakness, has Defog for its weakness to rocks, and U-Turn to help bring it in safely. Salazzle on the other hand, provides an (albeit frail) ice resist for Gligar, and is something powerful Gligar can bring in with U-Turn. Obviously the core has a shared weakness to water, so a water resist is crucial for this core. Another Volt-Turn user is also good to complete the Volt-Turn core.

Salazzle @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt / Hidden Power [Grass]

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Conflux

big boy diamonds
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
+
+

Gligar (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Sand Veil
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / U-Turn
- Defog
- Roost

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Protect

Mantine (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Roost
- Haze

This is a defensive core that I find myself using on a lot of my balance teams and I like it a lot. It fills a lot of roles: Hazard Setter, Hazard Removal, checks to Dragon, Fairy, Fighting, Water, and Fire-types. Pair it up with a Dark-type check, a stallbreaker (Pangoro gives you both in one), and a Choice Scarf user and you're good to go.

Edit: Edited the set and description after Heracross got banned.

Last edited:

teachable

Banned deucer.
+
+

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Synthesis
- Wood Hammer

Registeel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Protect
- Toxic

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 204 SpD / 52 Spe
Calm Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald

A Defensive hazard stacking core I've liked. Provides your team with 3 types of hazards which they all do a good job at defending from Defoggers + they do a good job at checking each others problematic Pokemon. Registeel handily beats both relevant defoggers allowing you to keep your rocks up, Chesnaught has Taunt to prevent Defog and beat Mantine/Gligar and Dragalge scares Gligar with Scald and Draco and with rocks up can pressure Mantine on the switch. Registeel and Dragalge struggle with Flygon and Doublade which Chesnaught checks. Chesnaught and Registeel struggle with Salazzle and HP Fire Roserade which Dragalge counters. The core has some annoying mons to deal with, mainly Non-CB Escavalier and Life Orb Shaymin, but overall is pretty solid and checks far more than what I've typed due to their typing, passive damage, and status. Pairs well with a Ghost type for additional hazard-removal prevention + Something that appreciates all the hazard chip damage like Sharpedo. S/O to Eifo for his team that he lent me which utilized these Pokemon.

Last edited:

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
A core to give this thread some life.

Offensive core

+

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch / Superpower

Durant @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Hustle
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Superpower

2 prominent setup sweepers that completely each other well. Both Feraligatr and Durant share many similar checks in opposing bulky waters so they can overwhelm them so one of the 2 have the opportunity to clean through opposing teams. Durant can pressure opposing grass types like Roserade and Shaymin, aim to setup on scarf variants and blow through many bulky waters with a +1 Z-Crunch while Feraligatr can put the pressure on physically defensive Pokemon that aim to pivot into Durant like Gligar, Roserade and some Rotom-Heat variants. It is obviously recommended to use Durant as your only grass resist... or as your only anything resist really, but the amazing offensive synergy is there.

Last edited:

6ft Torbjorn

formerly JoycapJoshST
Well aren't I glad I found this thread?

Wait... defensive cores? That's easy:

ferroseedG5.gif
milotic.gif

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze
- Recover

Can't say there's so much to this core at face value. Ferro' literally just bounces off the weaknesses of Milotic (Grass & Electric) while using Spike Stacking and Leech Seed to complement Milotic spreading Toxic and Scald burns (as well as peeling Milotic it's grapes through Leech Seed recovery). Milotic already walls a hysterical amount of the metagame to begin with, and with Ferroseed being able to wear down or at the VERY least act as a defensive roadblock a large portion of it's physically based checks (things like Dhemise; Electivire (which I've seen a bit on low/mid ladder, strangely enough); Bruxish; Snorlax and more), that becomes I daresay basically everything... with exceptions like HP Fire Roserade and Venusaur. In my laddering adventures, I hold no spite in admitting: Milotic makes for some of the best defensive backbones in the tier, for its ability to blanket check mons like Motres; Flygon and others it can either threaten with a Toxic or Scald burn.

Replay example(s):
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-612805183 - Being down 6-2 didn't matter when I had already worn down Dhelmise (and Salazzle, for that matter) to hazard range (thanks to chip from Iron Barbs + Spikes), and then the core's defensive synergy did all the work.
- http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-612192543 - Being what looked like some kind of Semi-Stall, I quickly fathomed out how easy it was to pivot back and forth between Ferroseed and Milotic. 39 turns later, a forfeit occurred. Didn't help that Moltres's LO got knocked off on the way in.

However, there's more:

I would also like to give credit to how this core supports various setup sweepers and win conditions you may have. What is my example here? Welp:

ribombee.gif

Yeah, I already touched on this thing and what it can do in the meta thread, and I'll give the example again:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ru-612168889

Using the chip from SR + 1 layer of spikes - I was able to clean sweep the rest of my opponents team with little effort, using Chesnaught as setup fodder (given that Rakan pointed out to me that said team struggled with Fairy spam, no surprise there). My point is, the defensive core of FerroLotic and hazard stacking allowed me to alleviate some of the problems and walls that might give Ribombee problems. Quote:
Most special walls like Mantine and Milotic can easily take a +1 attack and Haze or Toxic in return. Hidden Power Fire also does a pittance to Registeel and Bronzong.
Now, what do we have here? We have Milotic being able to cover up Ribombee's fire weakness, and can Toxic back the opposing Milotic and Mantine (the latter having Water Absorb can be lured in relatively easily) as well as potentially Scald burning the two steel types mentioned here (not to mention said steels get warn down easily due to their lack of reliable recovery, courtesy of spikes and Iron Barbs damage from Ferroseed.).

I'm not saying Ribombee is the only wincon that works, and can be interchanged with any setup sweeper your team may need. Ribombee is just something I decided to build a team around, that's all.

So, yeah - it's a 'cover my weaknesses' defensive core that doubles as wincon balance.

Thank you all, and until next time:
Adios!

Tyrantrum @ Rockium Z / Stone Plate
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 144 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Protect
- Megahorn

Pretty self-explanatory offensive core revolving around Rock Polish Tyrantrum, Escavalier can take care of fairies like Comfey and Gardevoir efficiently for t-rex as well as threatening Ice-types such as Mega-Glalie and Frosslass. it is worth noting that Escavalier could be replaced by scarf Durant, but escav is a much more reliable and bulky partner.

-------------

Ninetales @ Firium Z
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Psyshock / Hypnosis

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Seed Flare
- Psychic

These 2 synergies extremely well together, bouncing off each others weaknesses, Synthesis healing more in the sun, mitigating Life Orbs recoil and powering up Shaymins Hidden Power Fire to great levels. Psyshock on Ninetales is primarily for Dragalge as well as incoming Salazzles, but the last moveslot is pretty expandable, i've seen a lot of innovative or creative stuff like Hypnosis, Hidden Power Electric for Mantine, Hidden Power Ice, Will-O-Wisp and the list goes on, just whatever the team would appreciate is the best option.

Last edited:
Stan Soojung regarding Tyrantrum:

May I ask what would be different about / affected if the Tyrantrum had Dragon Dance as opposed to RP? Just food for thought?
Rock Polish t-rex outruns a lot of common scarfers that would otherwise threaten it such as Gardevoir, Roserade, Durant, Heliolisk, Rotom-Formes, +1 Shark, modest venu in the sun and quite a number of other not so relevant mons, hope this cleared some stuff up lol

Last edited:

explodingdaisies

What's the point of talking if nobody ever listens
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

This is a nice DFS balance core that has been putting in a lot of work. Dragalge is a nice option in RU even if its speed tier is subpar. It has access to toxic spikes to help wear things down for for comfey and z-draco makes a nice 1 time nuke that can hammer things that even resist it. HP fire is nice coverage to help wear down things like steel types that counter comfey such as registeel, escavalier, durant and duoblade. Comfey makes for a nice balanced wincon. Exceptional mono fairy typing, along with triage which gives its healing moves +3 priority and decent bulk makes comfey a nice option. Bronzong helps round out the core. It helps check many threats such as Boom swellow and lures in Salazzle to nail it with earthquake.

Dragalge @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Toxic Spikes

Comfey @ Leftovers
Ability: Triage
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt
- Synthesis

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

teachable

Banned deucer.
Comfey @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Taunt
- Synthesis
I think this core would probably appreciate the Pixie Plate Comfey spread some people have been using so you don't have to mess with crits w/ Shark + being a Mono attacker, Comfey likes Pixie Plate a lot more. Here's my personal spread, there's probably something more optimal. It also lets it clean late game w/ less boosts so less time worrying about crits :p.
Comfey @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 176 HP / 108 Def / 156 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draining Kiss
- Synthesis
- Taunt
- Calm Mind

personally I think the Comfey analysis needs a revamp

Fairium-Z would be a cool consideration also, as the core struggles with SD Bewear (I think. Do those things run Shadow Claw?) which that'd remedy pretty nicely while also giving you two trick-immune mons (Plus Double Z-Crystal wouldn't be that awful since Comfey can make do w/o its Z move a lot of the time).

Chesnaught @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Wood Hammer
- Taunt
- Synthesis

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Toxic

A bulky offensive hazard stacking core that I like to use since I'm more of an offensive person in a thicc meta lol, so here's a thicc stack. Chesnaught sets up Spikes and shuts down defoggers, while Rhyperior setups Rocks. These two form a Defensive/Specially defensive switchin, covering most of each others weaknesses, Chesnaught being able to take Water, Ground, and Grass moves for Rhyperior while Rhyperior takes in Poison, Fire, and Flying moves for Naught. As with every offensive hazard stacking, these two pair well with a Ghost - Type to spinblock, and Sharpedo loves the chip damage that these two offer to pressure opposing teams.

Last edited:
offensive core

+
+

This is an offensive core build with the intention to eventually sweep with SD Zoroark. CM Espeon and SD Bewear are two great partners for Zoroark both as disguises or as wallbreakers but provide support to each other aswell. Espeon is a perfect disguise to lure in the likes of Registeel and Snorlax for Zoroark but can also be used to break or damage mons that resist a Knock Off or are fat enough to tank 1 sucker punch like Kommo-o, Shaymin, Chenaught and Flygon. Espeon also supports the team in the form of status and hazard control keeping the disguise game intact a little longer. Hidden power fire is mainly for the likes of Durant and Escavalier since those two can be annoying.
Swords Dance with Z-return has become my favourite set for Bewear. Its fairly easy to set up a Swords Dance since you scare out alot of mons making it also very easy to disguise Swords Dance with Zoroark as Bewear aswell. What makes this set so interesting is that its able to break alot of fat stuff that Zoroark cant like Gligar and Umbreon. A +2 Z-return does 71% minimal to Gligar While Umbreon cant do much about Bewear setting up. The Attack combination of Normal+Fighting+Ghost makes that it isnt walled by any floating Ghosts like Mismagius as well as hit fat Ghosts like Jellicent harder. (Yes Doublade is hit harder by Earthquake but the overall coverage is imo more important for this team.)

EDIt: S/O Rakan
A Calm Mind Stored Power Dazzling Gleam Morning sun set for Espeon would probably give this core a much better match up against stall especially after Registeel would be out of the way.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun
- Stored Power
- Dazzling Gleam

Espeon @ Twisted Spoon
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick

Bewear @ Normalium Z
Ability: Fluffy
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Hammer Arm
- Shadow Claw

Last edited:

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus
Offensive Core

Zoroark @ Black Glasses / Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Memento

Flygon @ Groundium Z
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Iron Tail

The main idea behind this core is that Bronzong is easily the best Flygon counter in the tier, and Zoroark can disguise itself as Flygon, and Pursuit trap Bronzong. Zoroark can also give Flygon free setup opportunity with Memento. This core is obviously very weak to Fairys, so a good fairy check is crucial for this core. Doublade in particular is good, because it also provides a fighting and ice check. This core can really damage teams that use Bronzong as their main way of beating Flygon.

MrAldo

Hey
Well, I should share some info update at least.

The good thing: All the nidoqueen cores can be salvaged! It is back, but somewhat dated so I may to sneak some up to date info if everyone is fine with it
The bad thing: Have to remove the mantine cores cause it moved to UU for some goddamn reason (sigh)

Anyways, just wanted to share that. Keep positng your stuff and I will work on updating everything in the next couple of days. Happy posting.

MrAldo

Hey
Let me hold my thread up!

Offensive Core

+

Zygarde-10% @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Outrage
- Toxic
- Extreme Speed

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

These 2 together are REALLY good, like "lowkey broken" cause the offensive synergy these 2 share together is damn great. Thousand Arrows makes for a ridiculous spammable move and Zygarde-10% (Zydog) makes for a great user of it, but even with a Choice Band it doesnt do enough to the bulky pokemon running around in the tier so this is where Mega Abomasnow. SD puts inmense pressure on many of the Pokemon that can switch into the green dog. Many bulky waters are hard pressed by Aboma, Cresselia is really pressured due to the moonlight nerf under hail and Chesnaught sets nowadays are heavy aboma bait. Zydog in return gets rid of Bronzong thanks to Thousand Arrows hitting through levitate, pressure Steel types in general (both can pressure Doublade existence) and soft check fire types like Salazzle, Moltres and Rotom-Heat for Aboma. Outstanding offensive prowess.

Defensive Core

+

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature / Bold Nature
- U-turn
- Night Shade / Psychic
- Toxic
- Roost

Registeel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Protect

No surprise seeing a defensive core with Registeel, it is basically a staple on every single one of them. The fact is that it shares great synergy with Xatu, which is pretty much the oddball here but with some great value on todays meta. Xatu is, needless to say, a really unique Pokemon. Unlike Espeon, it possesses the bulk and means to consistently stop SR users like Registeel and Seismitoad from getting stealth rock up throughout the match. On a metagame with less than stellar options for hazard control, it is certainly a cool trait to consider on any team. Registeel indirectly appreciates the fact that hazards wont go as easy to its side, and check Ice, Rock, and some Flying-types for Xatu while the bird can check fighting types like Bewear and the uncommon, yet very threatening, Virizion in return. Just like in the ORAS days, they just work well together. Watch out for Melo tho (Escavalier also works with Xatu for the same reason, and covers Melo!)

Cheers!

Offensive Core

Abomasnow-Mega @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Focus Blast
- Wood Hammer

Nidoqueen @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam

Nidoqueen and Aboma's typings complement each other very, very well, and can put an immense amount of offensive pressure on the opposing team. Mega Aboma puts a large amount of pressure on bulky waters like Milotic which give Nidoqueen a ton of trouble with just putting holes in the opposing team, as well as Ground types like Flygon and Zydoge, which can either set up on a Nidoqueen switch or just proceed to spam Thousand Arrows to dent Nidoqueen's teammates on the switch ins, repsectively. Nidoqueen covers Abomasnow's hard weaknesses such as to Fighting mons like Bewear or Fire mons like Rotom-H, beating all of them fairly easily 1v1. Nidoqueen setting up SR is also great for Aboma, letting it achieve a lot of crucial 2HKOs/OHKOs that benefit it immensely, such as straight up OHKOing Flygon with Ice Shard or 2HKOing Registeel with Focus Blast if need be. This core just has a ton of nuking power and combined they can easily dent holes in any team.

Last edited:
Defensive core

Stealth Rock + Toxic Bronzong Taunt + Will-O-Wisp Jellicent

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Scald
- Recover

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Psychic
So what I decided to go with here is a Physical Wall and a Special Wall because both of them together will be better than two Physical walls or two Special Walls. I also gave them both leftovers because a defense core has to have leftovers. Now what you can do with this core is that you can set up with stealth rocks first and then Toxic then you can switch into Jellicent to get on the taunt. Or you can do it the other way around first setting up with taunt then switch into Bronzong and then o with Toxic and then Set up Stealth rocks. You can set up in either way and that's what makes my Core Good.

MrAldo

Hey
Cofaiclus You need to explain how this core works and not just post the sets. And it looks incomplete imo, you gotta add a dark resist of some sort as a partner. Something like Toxicroak perhaps.

After ages, I finally removed the cores that involved Mantine and Sharpedo. Would like people to post more cores imo. I will add the rest of the submitted cores one day, promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)