DOU USUM Doubles Winter Seasonal Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard before people suggesting that Minecraft is a Christian video game, and I'm not attempting to argue with anyone who says it is. I've never played it much, so what can I say; but I have seen a fair amount of gameplay. To decide if it actually is a Christian video game, consideration must be taken of Wikipedia's definition of a Christian video game: "A Christian video game is a video game that incorporates themes from Christianity." All the games added to this list must be consistent with Wikipedia's definition. So... the question is, is Minecraft a game that incorporates themes from Christianity? I have heard several proposals, including that the Nether area in Minecraft is a mirror of Hell. But... by this, people could say that any game with lava and fire and stuff like that has hell in it so, is a Christian video game. The truth is that because an area has a place like Hell, does not necessarily make that place Hell. Offhand, take Doom. Doom has Hell in it, yet is not a Christian video game, because it is not consistent with Christian principles. I'm sorry if this sounds like arguing, but I'm just merely trying to show that a place like Hell doesn't make a game Christian.
I'm also aware that the game's concept of the monsters being killed by light after spawning at night can reflect the light of Jesus (or some similar concept) that kills evil. I can see this one as making sense as a Christian concept, and I am definitely not trying to argue with anyone. But think of it this way: there are many things the light kills, but when it does, we do not consider that a Christian concept. Again, just because the light kills something does not necessarily make it a Christian concept. If you really wanted to get technical, you could say light doesn't technically KILL demons (if the zombies and skeletons in Minecraft are comparable to demons), but merely sends them back to their dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)