Resource USM OU Role Compendium

i know hoopa and victini are in tr. but put them in setters because both can (and usually do) set their own trick room

I know I harass this thread alot but add keldeo to rain abusers. Possibly manaphy, omastar and kabutops to niche. some people on the vr thread apparently think swift swim qwilfish is a thing now make what you want of that.

speaking of manaphy, it still has a calm mind mention in its analysis.

It may not be ranked but so are a lot of mons on this thread. possibly readding xurkitree to tail glow and z-hypnosis. It may be trash but it can fulfill it's niche better than a lot of the niche mons on this thread.

I would go on a tangent about niche vs. viable mons on this thread such as calm mind sableye and suicide garchomp but I'm not going to do that since that's a very nitpicky and opinionated topic.

Last edited:

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know I harass this thread alot but add keldeo to rain abusers. Possibly manaphy, omastar and kabutops to niche. some people on the vr thread apparently think swift swim qwilfish is a thing now make what you want of that.

speaking of manaphy, it still has a calm mind mention in its analysis.

It may not be ranked but so are a lot of mons on this thread. possibly readding xurkitree to tail glow and z-hypnosis. It may be trash but it can fulfill it's niche better than a lot of the niche mons on this thread.

I would go on a tangent about niche vs. viable mons on this thread such as calm mind sableye and suicide garchomp but I'm not going to do that since that's a very nitpicky and opinionated topic.
Added Keldeo to rain abusers, added Manaphy to niche rain abusers, waiting on vr update for Qwilfish. Addeed xurk to niche tail glow/z-move for the time being

add kb as a niche scarfer since it gets a mention on it's analysis

also add clef and mega latias to stallbreaker because CM stored power

This joke is unfunny

Last edited by a moderator:

should be added to Entry Hazards as a Stealth Rock setter, while niche, it's capable of effectively setting them up and keeping them up.

Necrozma @ Mind Plate / Expert Belt
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

With this set Necrozma is capable of pressuring a lot of Defog users like Gliscor, Kartana, Mega Scizor, Rotom-W, and Zapdos, some of the most common Defog users currently. It's also capable of threatening a lot of opposing Stealth Rock setters like Landorus-T, Clefable (if Mind Plate), Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Mind Plate allows Necrozma to always 2HKO Clefable but Expert Belt can be used to ensure a 2HKO on Celesteela and potentially 2HKO CB Tyranitar.

GMars

E: Hoopa-U should be added to NP set up too

Last edited:

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
maybe add avalugg as a physical wall and spinner. I've seen it on least 3 successful stall teams and it does have its niches
Added it since ABR's been using table stall

Necrozma @ Mind Plate / Expert Belt
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Photon Geyser
- Earth Power
- Heat Wave

With this set Necrozma is capable of pressuring a lot of Defog users like Gliscor, Kartana, Mega Scizor, Rotom-W, and Zapdos, some of the most common Defog users currently. It's also capable of threatening a lot of opposing Stealth Rock setters like Landorus-T, Clefable (if Mind Plate), Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Mind Plate allows Necrozma to always 2HKO Clefable but Expert Belt can be used to ensure a 2HKO on Celesteela and potentially 2HKO CB Tyranitar.

GMars

E: Hoopa-U should be added to NP set up too
Added both, thanks for the justification on Necro.

As always, if anyone has any strong feelings about any unranked mons being added or any suggestions or fixes to make, let me know.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)