UU Analyses Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Oglemi, Jun 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahhhhhh......Clefable.

Ahhhhhh......Clefable.

The problem with this is that Ambipom is so frail, he finds it hard to set up. Throw in a weakness to the common Mach Punch, and vulnerability to almost all priority moves, and it becomes less promising.

Then, consider that there are MUCH BETTER Nasty Plot users in the tier, and there is almost no reason to use Ambipom in such a role.

.....at least, that's how I feel.
  2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck <kryptonite intensifies>
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

Slowbro gets Fire Blast / Flamethrower, and Milotic gets Dragon Tail. Suicune, sure.
  3. TheMagicStik

TheMagicStik

Well, it kinda worked better last gen but if by some chance you get ambipom in on some sort of squishy sweeper that doesnt want to take a fake out, its going to switch out into a physical wall or a steel/rock/ghost type then you get a free nasty plot then he can 2hko alot of walls that cant do crap to him back besides set up rocks or status him, the only real counter I would say is Registeel who pretty much laughs at all of his attacks and then t waves him.

Oh and Mach Punch isnt that common in UU, I looked through the list and the only poke that commonly uses mach punch is hitmontop.

Let me explain what the set aims to do: Lurer in a pokemon that would normally wall the normal ambipom set and KO it with a +2 stab or super effective move
    I ran a couple of calcs, with +2 it:
    2hko 252/252 Deoxys D w/ Shadow Ball
    2hko 252/176 Dusclops w/ Shadow Ball
    2hko 252/252 Registeel w/ Hp fighting
    2hko 252/4 Suicune w/ Swift
    2hko 252/0 Slowbro w/ Shadow Ball (Barely misses a OHKO)
    OHKO 4/0 Cobalion w/ Hp fighting
    OHKO 252/0 Donphan w/ Swift (Just Barely) 100% OHKO 252/4 Donphan w/ Water Pulse
    OHKO 252/4 Tangrowth w/ Swift

These are just the tanks regretably with bad luck some of the 2hko's can turn into 3hko's and some of the OHKO's can turn into 2HKO's but still the damage a +2 Ambipom can do is significant.
  4. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

TMS: Hitmontop is the number 2 poke in UU, iirc. NP ambi is awful; please don't try to back it up.
  5. pie cream

pie cream

I ran a couple of calcs, with +2 it:
    2hko 252/252 Deoxys D w/ Shadow Ball
    2hko 252/176 Dusclops w/ Shadow Ball
    2hko 252/252 Registeel w/ Hp fighting
    2hko 252/4 Suicune w/ Swift
    2hko 252/0 Slowbro w/ Shadow Ball (Barely misses a OHKO)
    OHKO 4/0 Cobalion w/ Hp fighting
    OHKO 252/0 Donphan w/ Swift (Just Barely) 100% OHKO 252/4 Donphan w/ Water Pulse
    OHKO 252/4 Tangrowth w/ Swift

These are just the tanks regretably with bad luck some of the 2hko's can turn into 3hko's and some of the OHKO's can turn into 2HKO's but still the damage a +2 Ambipom can do is significant.[/QUOTE]

donphan has sturdy so unless you have spikes on the feild you're not KOing it.
  6. Insomniac.

Insomniac.

In Roserade's UU Other Options section. It lists Celebi as a pokemon who can subseed better. Celebi is BL, so it should be removed, or replaced with Shaymin.
  7. V0x

V0x ah
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3453722 Quagsire

needs a Water Absorb section now that Gastrodon is gone? Or does that lack of a Special Attack boost not warrant such as set? I personally find Water Absorb useful as a bluff, but once they find out Quagesire has a harder time walling
  8. complete legitimacy

complete legitimacy one for the future
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I already posted this in PK Gaming's old Chandelure skeleton, but I'll post it here again.

I think that a spread of 168 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 84 Spe is viable spread on the SubSplit set. You run enough speed to outspeed no investment Roserade and Deoxys-D, with the rest placed into HP to increase Chandelure's already decent bulk. 172 HP EVs would make Chandelure's HP divisible by 4, so the remaining 4 EVs are placed in Defense to allow Chandelure 4 Stealth Rock switch-ins and 4 Substitutes.
  9. LucaroarkZ

LucaroarkZ

I saw this in the UU analysis for Darmanitan:

The bolded part is wrong. While Suicune lacks reliable recovery, Milotic has access to Recover. The bolded sentence should be removed, or at least modified, to reflect this.
  10. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Haha, I find it funny that I post this in two different forums on the same day. Anyways:

These kinds of small things should be posted here, since this thread serves a different purpose.
  11. complete legitimacy

complete legitimacy one for the future
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

I'm revamping the Darmanitan analysis and I will make sure to remember that.
  12. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

I'm not entirely sure where this should go, but I have 2 questions 'bout Rhyperior's tank set and I can't find his set in the archives anyways.

1, what are those speed evs used for?

2, what would be a good ev spread that gives him a little more physically defensive while still retaining a great deal of power? Right now, I have him set so that his physical defense is, I think in the 300s with the rest pumped into his attack so that it's still over 400.
  13. Moo

Moo Professor
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Back in the Staraptor days, I used the old RestTalk set, with a 244 HP / 184 Def / 80 SpD EV spread and an impish nature. It's the best you can get if you want a defensive Rhyperior, but you can add / remove SpDef EVs for your preference.

By the way, this thread isn't for asking simple questions, it's for discussing potential changes on analyses on site / in progress, so please refrain from posting here just to ask a question
  14. Zebraiken

Zebraiken with splinters in our teeth, we're driven from our parallels
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Super Moderator Alumnus

Not sure exactly where I'm supposed to put this but here seemed like the best place. I just wanted to point out that both of the UU analyses for Glaceon and Walrein are based entirely around hail, which is obviously gone now, so they either need an update or need to be removed (I assume the latter). Rotom-F also has some mentions of hail support needed, but those sets can function decently outside hail if you don't mind the 70% accuracy of Blizzard.
  15. Twannes

Twannes

In the UU analysis for Uxie, the Support set and the Field Support set list Heal Bell as possible filler move. The problem here is, is that Uxie can not acquire the move Heal Bell, so that needs to be removed from the sets.

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/uxie/uu

EDIT: nvm that, it is a HG/SS tutor move. thanks serebii
  16. TheBaron

TheBaron

Ok two things.

1. Cradily's "Tank" set under UU is a problem. Cradily can not have Recover and Storm Drain at the same time. So that needs to be changed.

2. Could someone send a link me via PM to the OLD Flygon analysis that showed the Mixed Flygon set with Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, Earthquake and Outrage/Roost? I need the EV spread.
  17. kokoloko

kokoloko I fill the bag.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

@TheBaron:

I'm looking at the Cradily set you're referring to right now, and Giga Drain is not even mentioned in the analysis. Perhaps someone edited it out before I got a chance to look. Or perhaps you are referring to an analysis for a different tier, in which case you should post in the thread for that tier.

As for the Flygon spread, the given one was 80 Atk / 252 SpA / 176 Spe with a Naughty Nature, but that is very outdated. If you want to run it nowadays (I recommend you don't!), you should probably come up with something different.
  18. SuperJOCKE

SuperJOCKE Lowtier Warrior!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

And about Recover, it is perfectly legal with Storm Drain.

(I don't know if you edited your post or something, but kokoloko was talking about Giga Drain for some reason)
  19. kokoloko

kokoloko I fill the bag.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    Underused Leader

Yeah either I misread or the post was edited.

Giga Drain + Recover + Storm Drain is illegal; but just Recover + Storm Drain is not.
  20. TheMantyke

TheMantyke Consumed by TCG. Please send help.
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Magmortar's UU analysis either needs an update or needs to be heavily reworded now that Chansey is gone. I'd try it myself but I'm not nearly familiar enough with UU to do so!
  21. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

I'd like to see a mention of Restalk in at least OO of Porygon2. With it, after P2 is statused, it's not (for lack of a better term) a sitting duck. Tri Attack + HP Ground gets really nice coverage (you're not doing shit to missy anyway) and hits surprisingly hard, even with no investment.
  22. The QWAZ

The QWAZ

Um, I think this is the right place to post this, Wlriens' analysis needs to dramatically changed as it is totally based around hail, which is no longer allowed in UU so somthing needs to be done about it like deleting or completely overhauling it.
  23. kokoloko

kokoloko I fill the bag.
    Underused Leader

I'm locking/moving this because I'm opening a brand new one for BW2 stuff once everything is implemented into a sim.

Stay tuned!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)