Status
Not open for further replies.
UU Can Party Too
aka Lower Tiers Need Love

Approved by Earthworm and the Tournament Director Team
Hosted by SethZiBritannia

This is a BW2 OU tournament!

Tournament Description:

UU, BL (and BL2), and RU have some excellent threats just waiting in the wings for OU players to bring them into the mix. Underrated Pokemon run amok in the lower tiers. This is the premise of this tournament. Each round, pokemon will be randomly selected from lower tiers (UU, RU, BL[2], and possibly NU) and presented in a list in the OP. The player’s job is to choose two Pokemon from this list and build an OU team around those Pokemon.

The list of pokemon to choose from will be randomly generated and about twelve pokemon long. 3 will be definitely UU, 5 will be definitely RU, and the rest will be randomly generated from all tiers (BL - NU). This tournament will test your ability to implement lower tier Pokemon into a harsh OU metagame, and also test your ability to adapt to newer threats with which you OU players may not be as readily familiar.

This tournament emphasizes teambuilding, as the lists will change each round.

Here is your Pokemon list for round 1, courtesy of the RNG. Don't forget. Use two of them. Make a team. Send a log afterwards. =) Choose two, and choose wisely.

Zoroark, Crobat, Registeel, Archeops, Cofagrigus, Cryogonal, Accelgor, Smeargle, Slaking, Regice, Emboar, Durant

Tournament Rules:
• General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
• Standard OU - Singles
• Best of one
• Single elimination
• The banlists for this tournament are the same as for the ladders of the Smogon University server of Pokemon Online.
• No, absolutely any circumstances, johns.
• You must submit the log so I’m sure you followed the tournament regulations, and so I can track the metagame. I will release metagame statistics at the end.

GENESECT AND SUCH ARE ALLOWED. ILLEGAL MOVESETS SUCH AS SPIKES + SLEEP POWDER ROSERADE ARE BANNED. PS MAY ALLOW THEM. AFTER RECENT EVENTS, I WILL NOT.

Battle Clauses:
• Evasion Clause
• OHKO Clause
• Sleep Clause
• Species Clause
• Timed Battle
• Wifi Clause

Round 1 Match-Ups
Brap vs. idiotfrommars
Shining Latios vs. HoiPolloi
shartruce2 vs. MikeDecIsHere
Akumetsu vs. IceCarAdler
SoulWind vs. -Rockstar-
Novaray vs. .CarloO~
yee vs. dragonuser
McMeghan vs. rairyan
rockhp31 vs. Lavos Spawn
Kennen vs. ~Greencore
Cherub Agent vs. soviet
Foster vs. Leftiez
Double01 vs. Living Things
Jirachi vs. Dude24
TalkingLion vs. DarkLoic
Pkrs vs. Master of the Six Kings
-Manu- vs. bro fist
Orichalcos Owl vs. llvallejoll
Zebraiken vs. doublenikesocks
Brotom vs. SubakSupreme
Dracule Mihawk vs. Sayonara
Undisputed vs. ThatsMyLatios
Devildued2 vs. DrMohammadLi
WhiteQueen vs. MadCrazo
FireMage vs. papai noel
TheMexican vs. .Robert
vonFiedler vs. Pedrock
Ciele vs. Solar Thunder
FelixMinamimoto vs. Seco453
AuraRayquaza vs. Django
Hantsuki vs. Hangover
Ningildo vs. Cheezitking

Activity Wins:
Brap vs. idiotfrommars
Novaray vs. .CarloO~
Ciele vs. Solar Thunder
FelixMinamimoto vs. Seco453

Coinflips:
yee vs. dragonuser
rockhp31 vs. Lavos Spawn
Brotom vs. SubakSupreme
Dracule Mihawk vs. Sayonara
AuraRayquaza vs. Django

If you post and wish to be a substitute, you will get priority subbing. Anyone else who wishes to be a substitute, just post in the thread.

Due to the fact that this tournament emphasizes teambuilding, and this is round 1, the deadline is two weeks. Deadline is at midnight, GMT-4, on 08/27/12. Don't miss this deadline. They will shorten significantly after this round.

Be a good sport. In victory or defeat, this is just Pokemon.

Oh man so much potential in that first round list. Gonna have to decide which of my teams to go with x.x
In contact with Seco, shouldn't have trouble getting this done.

yeah, i took one look at that list and groaned. i really don't feel like making a team right now or anywhere in the near future. it would be unfair to mike and the whole tournament if i held it up, so i guess i'm the irst dropout. first ever tournament drop out FTW!!!!! :D :D :D XD XD :D XD XD :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)