UU Community Create-a-Team - Team #5 | Hiatus

sparrow

kacaw
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay so I've had this discussion in the past with other users, but Raikou isn't just a stand alone sweeper. It works most effectively alongside a breaker that is difficult to switch into; wearing down the opponents team. Whilst a Pokemon like Primarina comes to mind, I'd like to suggest something a little less than standard:

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry / Expert Belt
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Rash Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Grass
- Superpower
With this set Volcanion is an effective wall breaker, Shuca Berry acts as an effective lure to Pokemon such as Krookodile & Zygarde-10% - both of which pressure Raikou. Where as Expert Belt allows Volcanion to 2HKO Blissey with Superpower after Rocks. Speed is for Jolly Crawdaunt, and allows Volcanion to out speed Modest Primarina, and net the 2HKO with Sludge Bomb. I've only slashed Hidden Power Grass as a niche option for Gastrodon, but that's ultimately up to the user to decide.

This selection makes us susceptible to M-Aerodactyl, Latias, Hydreigon, Nidos, Kyurem etc. but also provides us with a decent wall breaker, sporting unique resistances. Volcanion also pressures us to run a decent hazard controller in order to support it. I am excited to see what other sets will be proposed.

Last edited:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Atk / 160 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Facade/Aqua Tail
+2 48 Atk Gliscor Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 312-368 (94.2 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Ice Fang vs. 244 HP / 160+ Def Gliscor: 252-300 (71.5 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
So this set gives a nice assist to Raikou sweeping, as Raikou has a tough time dealing with faster threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Krookodile. Gliscor can be run with Aqua Tail with this specific EV spread to knock out scarf moxie Krookodile at +2. The defensive EVs allows it to take one ice fang from Mega Aerodactyl so you can deal a good amount of damage with Aqua Tail (49-58% and straight up OHKO at +2). Of course, if Mega Aerodactyl isn't running ice fang (and there's a solid chance it isn't due to the hone claws set rising in popularity) then Gliscor handles Mega Aero quite easily. If Mega Aero is running aqua tail itself then it does 49-58% to Gliscor which has an 11% chance to 2HKO. Gliscor also handles zygarde and other ground types really well so that way you aren't forced to run HP ice which will allow you to pick and choose what checks your Raikou set better. Gliscor in of itself is a great wallbreaker too that can deal with Blissey really well (which other wise gives Raikou a tough time).
I could see this set being used over sparrow's volcanion set due to Gliscor dealing with Blissey better, as well as, Zygarde-10% who has a chance to OHKO Volcanion with outrage after rocks. Volcanion is quite the solid choice though as it does hard check Primarina really well.

I think Decidueye should be a good offensive support for Raikou, as it's a ground resist, a spinblocker, and prevents switching thanks to Spirit Shackle, which will help raikou on setting up calm mind.

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch / Defog <not the set but might do in case there's no other hazard removal.

However, krookodile would be a major Threat, so I'd also bring Hydreigon. I don't know the optimal set because steelium-Z for clefable would make sense but the speed from a scarfed set could be important depending on the other teamates (do I need it to kill aero?).

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 192 HP / 168 SpD / 148 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off/Taunt/Facade/Toxic
- Roost

I would like to nominate this gliscor set since it allows us to effectively check clef(which troubles raikou),Break stall,give two useful immunities and most importantly a status absorber.
The spread has enough speed for jolly bisharp and the rest are invested on gliscor's bulk to better check stuff like clefable,scizor,Maero(depending on gliscor's set.) and generally stall.
If we do go for raikou+gliscor then i suggest that we bring a general keldeo/water check+nido check since they seem like trouble.
Alright sorry this is a bit late but, CSB and I decided to veto this submission mainly because it was too similar to tmacbalanced's Gliscor submission despite the change in EVs. While you do have to play slightly differently since Gliscor will be faster, it still had the same foundation of "Set up Swords Dance / Sweep / Recover"

however, any other Gliscor sets (Nascor, SpDef Stallbreaker, etc.) can still be submitted ^^ or just a submit a new mon! Thank you for contributing though~

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Gonna contribute to the small pile of Swords Dance users that have been suggested thus far:

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Heracross, especially after getting a boost from Swords Dance on top of Guts, has no problem devouring typical Raikou switch-ins. Blissey, Krookodile, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Amoonguss, and Swampert are easily used as setup fodder for Heracross (preferably after Flame Orb is up) and are either forced to switch out or lose a huge chunk of their health. Ultimately, how well Heracross works with Raikou depends on what slashes we go with, since that'll determine exactly what checks Raikou: HP Ice means Gliscor isn't an issue and Zygarde-10%/Nidos/Krookodile can't switch in safely, Z-Shadow Ball means Heracross doesn't have to worry about being revenge killed by Latias/Celebi (while also still dispatching Nidoking and Nidoqueen with some chip damage), SubCM means Amoonguss actually gets set up on by Raikou, and Z-Hyper Beam means Raikou will have little trouble breaking down most Ground-types on its own.

Simply because Heracross is so good at switching directly into and taking on most Ground-types I feel were we to choose it as a partner for Raikou that the Z-Shadow Ball set with HP Ice as coverage would be the best option on Raikou. That aside, Heracross is still great at just punching holes in bulky Pokemon in general, and no matter what, Blissey will be a wall that Raikou cannot overcome on its own, which Heracross has no problem breaking down.

Talonflame
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpD / 96 Spe or 176 HP / 96 SpD / 236 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Bulk Up/Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Taunt/Will-o-Wisp

This Talonflame adds an answer to cm Clef which counters Raikou,annoys stall a lot and acts as another back up win condition.
It "counters" Hippo if it doesn't run Stone Edge,which stops raikou's sweep dead cold.
Raikou checks opposing electric types and water types for talonflame as well.
The set is the standard Sp.Def one from oras ou but with flame body > gale wings because of the nerf but with a little twist.
You outspeed jolly non-scarf Krookodile and proceed to either start setting up if it lacks Stone Edge or burn it with either Wisp or Flame Body if you picked taunt.
An alternative spread we could use is the 176 HP / 96 SpD / 236 Spe one since that allows us to effectively check infernape/scizor/conkeldurr and cobalion better while still checking clef and celebi.
Bulk Up + Taunt/Wisp helps break fat and more passive teams.
Taunt is mainly for Hippo/Clef but a set without Bulk Up can still be used if we wish so.
Here's a calc versus non boosted Krook: 252 Atk Krookodile Knock Off vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 132-156 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
If we do use talonflame then a water resist is needed as well as hazard control.
Sorry for the long post. ^_^

Last edited:

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
I was still in class at 7PM so mind the extra hour wait @~@. Alright so we will be voting for our favorite partner for Raikou!

Voting will end on 3/29/2017 @ 8:30PM (PST)

pokemon sparrow - Mixed Volcanion
Okay so I've had this discussion in the past with other users, but Raikou isn't just a stand alone sweeper. It works most effectively alongside a breaker that is difficult to switch into; wearing down the opponents team. Whilst a Pokemon like Primarina comes to mind, I'd like to suggest something a little less than standard:

Volcanion @ Shuca Berry / Expert Belt
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 36 Atk / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Rash Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power Grass
- Superpower

With this set Volcanion is an effective wall breaker, Shuca Berry acts as an effective lure to Pokemon such as Krookodile & Zygarde-10% - both of which pressure Raikou. Where as Expert Belt allows Volcanion to 2HKO Blissey with Superpower after Rocks. Speed is for Jolly Crawdaunt, and allows Volcanion to out speed Modest Primarina, and net the 2HKO with Sludge Bomb. I've only slashed Hidden Power Grass as a niche option for Gastrodon, but that's ultimately up to the user to decide.

This selection makes us susceptible to M-Aerodactyl, Latias, Hydreigon, Nidos, Kyurem etc. but also provides us with a decent wall breaker, sporting unique resistances. Volcanion also pressures us to run a decent hazard controller in order to support it. I am excited to see what other sets will be proposed.

tmacbalanced - Swords Dance Gliscor

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Atk / 160 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Facade/Aqua Tail

+2 48 Atk Gliscor Aqua Tail vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Krookodile: 312-368 (94.2 - 111.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Tough Claws Aerodactyl-Mega Ice Fang vs. 244 HP / 160+ Def Gliscor: 252-300 (71.5 - 85.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

So this set gives a nice assist to Raikou sweeping, as Raikou has a tough time dealing with faster threats like Mega Aerodactyl and Scarf Krookodile. Gliscor can be run with Aqua Tail with this specific EV spread to knock out scarf moxie Krookodile at +2. The defensive EVs allows it to take one ice fang from Mega Aerodactyl so you can deal a good amount of damage with Aqua Tail (49-58% and straight up OHKO at +2). Of course, if Mega Aerodactyl isn't running ice fang (and there's a solid chance it isn't due to the hone claws set rising in popularity) then Gliscor handles Mega Aero quite easily. If Mega Aero is running aqua tail itself then it does 49-58% to Gliscor which has an 11% chance to 2HKO. Gliscor also handles zygarde and other ground types really well so that way you aren't forced to run HP ice which will allow you to pick and choose what checks your Raikou set better. Gliscor in of itself is a great wallbreaker too that can deal with Blissey really well (which other wise gives Raikou a tough time).
I could see this set being used over sparrow's volcanion set due to Gliscor dealing with Blissey better, as well as, Zygarde-10% who has a chance to OHKO Volcanion with outrage after rocks. Volcanion is quite the solid choice though as it does hard check Primarina really well.

Godfather 4 - Decidueye
I think Decidueye should be a good offensive support for Raikou, as it's a ground resist, a spinblocker, and prevents switching thanks to Spirit Shackle, which will help raikou on setting up calm mind.

Decidueye @ Decidium Z
Ability: Overgrow
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Shackle
- Leaf Blade
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch / Defog <not the set but might do in case there's no other hazard removal.

However, krookodile would be a major Threat, so I'd also bring Hydreigon. I don't know the optimal set because steelium-Z for clefable would make sense but the speed from a scarfed set could be important depending on the other teamates (do I need it to kill aero?).

CoolStoryBrobat - Swords Dance Heracross

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Heracross, especially after getting a boost from Swords Dance on top of Guts, has no problem devouring typical Raikou switch-ins. Blissey, Krookodile, Hippowdon, Gliscor, Amoonguss, and Swampert are easily used as setup fodder for Heracross (preferably after Flame Orb is up) and are either forced to switch out or lose a huge chunk of their health. Ultimately, how well Heracross works with Raikou depends on what slashes we go with, since that'll determine exactly what checks Raikou: HP Ice means Gliscor isn't an issue and Zygarde-10%/Nidos/Krookodile can't switch in safely, Z-Shadow Ball means Heracross doesn't have to worry about being revenge killed by Latias/Celebi (while also still dispatching Nidoking and Nidoqueen with some chip damage), SubCM means Amoonguss actually gets set up on by Raikou, and Z-Hyper Beam means Raikou will have little trouble breaking down most Ground-types on its own.

Simply because Heracross is so good at switching directly into and taking on most Ground-types I feel were we to choose it as a partner for Raikou that the Z-Shadow Ball set with HP Ice as coverage would be the best option on Raikou. That aside, Heracross is still great at just punching holes in bulky Pokemon in general, and no matter what, Blissey will be a wall that Raikou cannot overcome on its own, which Heracross has no problem breaking down.

BluBirD252 - Talonflame

Talonflame
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 SpD / 96 Spe or 176 HP / 96 SpD / 236 Spe
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Bulk Up/Taunt/Will-o-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Taunt/Will-o-Wisp

This Talonflame adds an answer to cm Clef which counters Raikou,annoys stall a lot and acts as another back up win condition.
It "counters" Hippo if it doesn't run Stone Edge,which stops raikou's sweep dead cold.
Raikou checks opposing electric types and water types for talonflame as well.
The set is the standard Sp.Def one from oras ou but with flame body > gale wings because of the nerf but with a little twist.

You outspeed jolly non-scarf Krookodile and proceed to either start setting up if it lacks Stone Edge or burn it with either Wisp or Flame Body if you picked taunt.
An alternative spread we could use is the 176 HP / 96 SpD / 236 Spe one since that allows us to effectively check infernape/scizor/conkeldurr and cobalion better while still checking clef and celebi.
Bulk Up + Taunt/Wisp helps break fat and more passive teams.
Taunt is mainly for Hippo/Clef but a set without Bulk Up can still be used if we wish so.
Here's a calc versus non boosted Krook: 252 Atk Krookodile Knock Off vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 132-156 (39.1 - 46.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

If we do use talonflame then a water resist is needed as well as hazard control.

also I'm loving the amount of submissions and involvement so far! (♡˙︶˙♡)

I don't like neither the non-scarfed hera or the non-offensive Talonflame. However, Volcanion shuca seems too situational and Gliscor dancing into unaware users will do 0, while both won't help with stealth rocks that the ground types who check raikou can easily set.

With that said, I'd rather have a heracross

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
The votes are in and Heracross will be Raikou's partner!

CoolStoryBrobat - 6
tmacbalanced - 3
a sparrow - 1
BluBirD252 - 1

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Next up is Round 2 of building! This will also be a pretty good time to think of a direction (Bulky Offense, Hyper Offense, Balance, etc.) we will go with this team now that we have a core to work with.

Deadline for Submissions will be 4/1/2017 @ 9:00PM

Raikou @ Leftovers / Ghostium Z / Normalium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch / Substitute / Hyper Beam / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Calm Mind

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just to get some discussion going, I think now we should probably decide as a community on A) which slashes Raikou would work with, and B) The kind of playstyle the team would be. I mean I already stated personally I think Raikou would work best with Ghostium Z + Shadow Ball + HP Ice when paired with Heracross because Raikou can break Celebi and Latias for Heracross while still offensively checking the less-bulky Ground types that Heracross wouldn't want to switch in on, such as Zygarde-10% and Nidoqueen. But just cause I said what I think Raikou should run doesn't mean it's concrete lol, and based on the suggestions for other partners that are made Raikou can still go a different route...like if this turned into an offensive VoltTurn team, CM + Volt Switch with something like Mega Sharpedo or Hydreigon could be a thing, so idk. But I do think before deciding on the 3rd Pokemon to put into the team we should really answer these two questions. Maybe mention your thoughts alongside your nominations!

Just to get some discussion going, I think now we should probably decide as a community on A) which slashes Raikou would work with, and B) The kind of playstyle the team would be. I mean I already stated personally I think Raikou would work best with Ghostium Z + Shadow Ball + HP Ice when paired with Heracross because Raikou can break Celebi and Latias for Heracross while still offensively checking the less-bulky Ground types that Heracross wouldn't want to switch in on, such as Zygarde-10% and Nidoqueen. But just cause I said what I think Raikou should run doesn't mean it's concrete lol, and based on the suggestions for other partners that are made Raikou can still go a different route...like if this turned into an offensive VoltTurn team, CM + Volt Switch with something like Mega Sharpedo or Hydreigon could be a thing, so idk. But I do think before deciding on the 3rd Pokemon to put into the team we should really answer these two questions. Maybe mention your thoughts alongside your nominations!
I agree with tbolt/shadowball/ice/cm for the slashes unless we do volt turn which seems like a good choice atm given how offensive the meta is right now. Maybe tbolt/ice/cm/switch paired with >>>

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Far Too Many To List
- U-turn

Specs hydra makes a great SpA breaker while Scarf acts as a pretty decent form of speed control/as a revenge killer. It also fors a great volt/turn core with raikou helping to break down bulky cores. Draco+Dark Pulse deal consistent damage and the coverage move can be tailored to whatever we end up needing(fire balst, earth power, iron tail, superpower, flash cannon, aqua tail?, focus blast or tailwind(on a predicted sac?))

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright it's been a lil' quiet so I'll throw in my own nomination too.

Celebi @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn

I believe Celebi could be a nice addition to our 2 mon core. Celebi and Raikou will be able to form a VoltTurn core (which is why I believe the set should be something like Calm Mind / Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Shadow Ball with Ghostium-Z, which will provide an easier time against stuff like Latias) in a more offensive play style. Celebi will be able to provide rocks as well as U-Turn to help bring in Heracross on common switch-ins to Celebi such as Blissey and Bisharp. Celebi also checks the common phazers (Hippowdon, VinCune, and Swampert) as well. If Stealth Rocks arent needed, we can easily go with coverage options such as Dazzling Gleam or HP Fire as well.

Yeah so far I think a VoltTurn core on a more offensive team would probably be nice since offense is in a pretty good spot in the current meta.

If we do choose Celebi, we would probably need
-Checks to Fire-types : the team has no switch-ins to Entei, Volcanion, or Infernape (possibly Keldeo for a fourth slot?)
-Checks to Dragon-types : Depending on the Raikou set, Latias and Raikou will be able to run pretty rampant. Scarf Hydreigon would also be a problem as well

that's all I can think of rn, anyways hope to see more submissions before the deadline (♡˙︶˙♡)

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Heyo it's loudbird

AAAAAAA (Swellow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-Turn
- Heat Wave / Sleep Talk
- Air Slash / Nothing

I'm all for making this voltturn, and this is my favorite mon to use on it. Swellow is very fast and very loud and hits very hard. It will provide a useful ground immunity for our team, will give us a powerful cleaner, and it will create a voltturn core with Raikou. The third and fourth moves could be either Heat Wave and Air Slash for maximum coverage (A super effective Air Slash has 10 more power before STAB than neutral Boomburst), or Sleep Talk with no fourth move if we need sleep fodder for Amoonguss.

If we pick this, we're gonna have a few threats we definitely will need to be able to deal with by the end of this:

-Scizor (we have no fire moves yet and Swellow doesn't like taking bullet punches.)
-Maero (Hera, Swellow, and Raikou all have issues with this mon. This will be a problem.)
-Stealth Rocks (In other words, we'll need hazard removal.)
And a few of the issues involved with the above posts.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Alright it is time to vote for your favorite submission! It seems that we are leaning towards an offensive, VoltTurn-esque team as of now. Remember, it can always be changed in the future if we are not satisfied. Anyways we have...

JoarAddamNessosin - Choiced Hydreigon
I agree with tbolt/shadowball/ice/cm for the slashes unless we do volt turn which seems like a good choice atm given how offensive the meta is right now. Maybe tbolt/ice/cm/switch paired with >>>

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs/Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Far Too Many To List
- U-turn

Specs hydra makes a great SpA breaker while Scarf acts as a pretty decent form of speed control/as a revenge killer. It also fors a great volt/turn core with raikou helping to break down bulky cores. Draco+Dark Pulse deal consistent damage and the coverage move can be tailored to whatever we end up needing(fire balst, earth power, iron tail, superpower, flash cannon, aqua tail?, focus blast or tailwind(on a predicted sac?))

HotFuzzBall - Offensive Stealth Rock Celebi
Celebi @ Meadow Plate
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- U-turn

I believe Celebi could be a nice addition to our 2 mon core. Celebi and Raikou will be able to form a VoltTurn core (which is why I believe the set should be something like Calm Mind / Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Shadow Ball with Ghostium-Z, which will provide an easier time against stuff like Latias) in a more offensive play style. Celebi will be able to provide rocks as well as U-Turn to help bring in Heracross on common switch-ins to Celebi such as Blissey and Bisharp. Celebi also checks the common phazers (Hippowdon, VinCune, and Swampert) as well. If Stealth Rocks arent needed, we can easily go with coverage options such as Dazzling Gleam or HP Fire as well.

Yeah so far I think a VoltTurn core on a more offensive team would probably be nice since offense is in a pretty good spot in the current meta.

If we do choose Celebi, we would probably need
-Checks to Fire-types : the team has no switch-ins to Entei, Volcanion, or Infernape (possibly Keldeo for a fourth slot?)
-Checks to Dragon-types : Depending on the Raikou set, Latias and Raikou will be able to run pretty rampant. Scarf Hydreigon would also be a problem as well

A Cake Wearing A Hat - Choice Specs Swellow
Heyo it's loudbird

AAAAAAA (Swellow) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- U-Turn
- Heat Wave / Sleep Talk
- Air Slash / Nothing

I'm all for making this voltturn, and this is my favorite mon to use on it. Swellow is very fast and very loud and hits very hard. It will provide a useful ground immunity for our team, will give us a powerful cleaner, and it will create a voltturn core with Raikou. The third and fourth moves could be either Heat Wave and Air Slash for maximum coverage (A super effective Air Slash has 10 more power before STAB than neutral Boomburst), or Sleep Talk with no fourth move if we need sleep fodder for Amoonguss.

If we pick this, we're gonna have a few threats we definitely will need to be able to deal with by the end of this:

-Scizor (we have no fire moves yet and Swellow doesn't like taking bullet punches.)
-Maero (Hera, Swellow, and Raikou all have issues with this mon. This will be a problem.)
-Stealth Rocks (In other words, we'll need hazard removal.)
And a few of the issues involved with the above posts.

Voting will end on 4/2/2017 @ 9PM (PST)!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)