Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge/Superpower

I nominate *drum roll* Scarf Krook! Gives the team some speed control, a revenge killer (I'm thinking of Raikou, opposing Latias, etc), and electric immunity to help out the big blue turtle. STAB Knock Off and speedy STAB Pursuit is just the icing on the cake... I would personally opt for Stone Edge in the fourth slot to help out versus M-Aero, but I slashed Superpower to give us more wiggle room should Superpower end up fitting the team better.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
Yo can we keep up the trend of having a guts fighting type on every team?

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off / Ice Punch

Since we're solidly taking a bulky offense route right now, I figured it'd be a good idea to add one of the main bulky offense boys in Conk. it'd give us a solid way to break through Blissey, strong physical power (which we currently lack), priority, and a nice set of resistances for our team so far. Speed is to creep things that creep Scizor.

Sure, it might be just a repeat from our last team, but Conk's really good right now so it's fine.

Woah not sure why I stopped getting alerts on this, so let's see here what I can nom to get back into this...

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock / Taunt

So Nido can give us Rocks to help Venomoth sweep more easily, an electric immunity for Mega Turtle (ground is such a good type for the meta rn imo), and can also take on fairies like Clef, which helps Latias (this also means Venomoth wouldn't need to run Sludge Bomb and could go with Roost or something else - just an idea that helps narrow down what we do with the Moth). Pretty similar to the Krook nom, but obviously didn't want to copy

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion provides the teams necessary rocks as well as an ability to pressure steels such as defensive Scizor which annoy Latias and Venomoth. Takes on fairies such as Clef and Toge which are looking to be an issue. Shuca Berry is to help with the slight M-Aero weakness we have right now and bc our z is already taken :c

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
alright voting time, we will be voting for Venomoth's last slot (let me know if it's too early for that), Latias's item and the 5th teammate. Please vote for all 3 if possible but, you can abstain if you truly have no opinion (though check out the other user's opinions on what is best to vote).

5th Team Slot
Simonquinlank - Choice Scarf Krookodile

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge/Superpower

I nominate *drum roll* Scarf Krook! Gives the team some speed control, a revenge killer (I'm thinking of Raikou, opposing Latias, etc), and electric immunity to help out the big blue turtle. STAB Knock Off and speedy STAB Pursuit is just the icing on the cake... I would personally opt for Stone Edge in the fourth slot to help out versus M-Aero, but I slashed Superpower to give us more wiggle room should Superpower end up fitting the team better.

A Cake Wearing A Hat - Guts Conkeldurr
Yo can we keep up the trend of having a guts fighting type on every team?

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Facade
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off / Ice Punch

Since we're solidly taking a bulky offense route right now, I figured it'd be a good idea to add one of the main bulky offense boys in Conk. it'd give us a solid way to break through Blissey, strong physical power (which we currently lack), priority, and a nice set of resistances for our team so far. Speed is to creep things that creep Scizor.

Sure, it might be just a repeat from our last team, but Conk's really good right now so it's fine.

OrangeGuru - Offensive Stealth Rock / Taunt Nidoking

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock / Taunt

So Nido can give us Rocks to help Venomoth sweep more easily, an electric immunity for Mega Turtle (ground is such a good type for the meta rn imo), and can also take on fairies like Clef, which helps Latias (this also means Venomoth wouldn't need to run Sludge Bomb and could go with Roost or something else - just an idea that helps narrow down what we do with the Moth). Pretty similar to the Krook nom, but obviously didn't want to copy

Qwilphish - Swords Dance and Stealth Rock Cobalion

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion provides the teams necessary rocks as well as an ability to pressure steels such as defensive Scizor which annoy Latias and Venomoth. Takes on fairies such as Clef and Toge which are looking to be an issue. Shuca Berry is to help with the slight M-Aero weakness we have right now and bc our z is already taken :c

Venomoth
Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Roost / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Ground] / Substitute

Latias
Latias @ Soul Dew / Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Voting Ends on 6/7 @ 11:59PM PST also CSB and I are looking for more input for Team #2, both of us have been really busy so we haven't been able to get as many games as we had hope so we can't exactly veto/approve the changes by ourselves like in team #1. So yeah, please give us your input ^^!

We hope to get Team #2 finalized by the end of Round 5
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-ccat-2.3604391/

Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Roost / Sludge Bomb / Hidden Power [Ground] / Substitute

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Rapid Spin

Latias @ Soul Dew / Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Stealth Rock Nidoking as it seems like the best out of all the noms because it helps out the other team members really well right off bat. I tested out this team a lot actually and I found myself just sticking with Nidoking (I didn't test all noms lol but I did try out Conk, Nidoking, and Cobalion; in fact I originally had a team that's very similar to our current team and I was having fun with it and ended up testing some stuff when I realized how similar our teams are). Nidoking it just a great instant wall breaker that forces switches so easily a lot of the time that it finds itself getting many chances to getting rocks. Also, Raikou + Bisharp (I see these two on the same team a lot for some reason) can be pretty annoying for this team and Nidoking can help to handle them; it can at least get rid of one or put some heavy damage on an incoming switch-in (Nidoking needs to be healthy of course). Also, rocks are really needed right now as Talonflame can easily put in work against this team so, I think Cobalion or Nidoking are the two best options due to this.
Substitute Venomoth - super annoying to deal with for sucker punch bisharp and great on switch-ins like amoonguss (to take the sleep powder) who has a tough time breaking the sub.
Soul Dew Latias - Pretty much what everybody else said lol

I'll go with Scarf Krook because as I mentioned earlier an electric immunity is so nice, Krook is a great scarfer for speed control and pursuit trapping is solid too (although I now believe a Krook with SR and a different scarfer like Keldeo would be better)
Soul Dew Latias - already voted for it and I agree with everyone on it
Gonna abstain on Venomoth's last move - I think it's a little early to decide on it considering we only have 3 mons (and voting currently on a 4th). The remainder of the team can dictate what Venomoth should/needs to run. Personally, I would probably look at Roost or Sub (and Tmac gave a nice reasoning for Sub) to give a little more utility, but again seems a little early

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
votin' soul dew, sludge bomb, and scarf krook because krook is a really good mon right now and it provides valuable utility in the forms of speed control, electric/psychic immunities, and Pursuit, all of which are super helpful for our team right now.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm really either or on Latias' item but I'm gonna commit to Life Orb though it don't matter that much to me lol. Sludge Bomb on Venomoth, and voting Cobalion just to get Stealth Rock setting out of the way...not only that but if it wasn't nommed already this round, it was the Pokemon I would have brought up for sure myself. I like the idea of Venomoth being a backup Fairy check by running Sludge Bomb, and Cobalion giving us some Speed and a decent way to punish Scarf Hydreigon, which otherwise looks very problematic to us.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
in a turn of events, we got a lot of drops and a lot of UU staples have left us sooooo... CSB and I decided to,

- Shelf Team #3 - With all the new drops/rises and all we decided that it'll be best to start a new team altogether once the meta settles down a bit. This team can be revisited at a later time FYI.
- Move On from Teams #1 and #2 - While Team #2 is technically legal, it doesn't take into consideration the rises and drops therefore it is outdated. Team #1 is also illegal now with Clefable rising. We will be moving on from these 2 teams for now, we could revisit them in a later date if we run out of ideas or something.
- Put this project on hiatus - Obviously it would be wise to start building teams once the meta settles down a bit, this project will be on hiatus for a week or two for now (it can be extended if the meta is still chaotic by the time the initial hiatus ends).

yeah so Round 4 will conclude, though this will be the last of Team #3. Anyways in order to break the 3-way tie, I voted for Krookodile for the immunities and the fact that it is a pretty solid mon in the meta right now. Though I feel like an offensive Stealth Rocks set would be better tbh...

Krookodile - 3
Conkeldurr - 2
Cobalion - 2
Nidoking - 1

As for the sets...

Venomoth @ Bugnium-Z
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Latias @ Soul Dew
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Anyways, this marks the end of Team #3 for now. The thread will be closed for approximately 1-2 weeks to give the meta time to settle down since it is quite chaotic with the amount of rises and drops.

Until we meet again folks!

Weavile @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab/Pursuit/Low Kick

Since its back Weavile is a solid AoA-er its life orb set doesnt hit as hard as band but with the extra flexability it can clean better. Being weak to rocks it would like defog support. Its set is pretty standard with the last slot picking its coverage. Just a pretty solid mon thats fun to buold and play with.

snekky snek (Steelix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

NOTE: This is a set I ripped from pokeisfun's submission for Creative/Underrated sets. A lot of discussion around Xurkitree as of late has been centered around its match-up against stall. I feel like that building a stall team together as a community allows us as a community to explore a playstyle very few people understand let alone play. I feel like if we collectively construct a stall team together, UU players would better understand not only building stall, but also better understand teambuilding from a stall player's perspective when it comes to addressing certain Pokemon.

The Steelix set is purely arbitrary and seems like a solid building start.

Notily

dirt rich

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off / Bulk Up
- Facade
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

conk was emerging as a huge threat before the tier shifts, but Buzzwole dropping kind of put a damper on the hype surrounding the mon. With its most splashable check banned, conk is looking like a super solid mon that can fit on most archetypes, giving us some flexibility on where we want to go with the team.

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drill Run/ Protect

Now that the premier bug type is gone, hopefully MegaBee will take the spotlight yet again. The most obvious archetype to build from this would be VoltTurn, but it's not mandatory.

I'll propose an ice mammal of my own:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Like his cousin weavile, Mamoswine can breathe an oink of relief now that Buzzwole has been banned. Now that its most reliable answer has vanished, Mamoswine looks a whole lot more threatening. It forces enough switches to consistently set rocks. Its wallbreaking capabilities don't really require much explanation from me... nor does its ability to finish off weakened aggro mons with its adamant ice shard ;) Sure, it needs support to help take care of some problematic mons *coughscizorcough* but hey that's what this community team building thing is for right?!>!

Anyone remember Terrakion? It seemed to have straight up vanished once Buzzwole joined the tier, but with the buff bug gone I think it might be worth looking at our stony friend here.

Terrakion @ Rockium Z or Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Pretty standard Boost2Win set here, after a single Rock Polish you outrun pretty much everything except Unburden Hawlucha and priority users, meanwhile grabbing an SD lets you rip apart slower, more defensive mons and just hurt things better in general with your dual STAB.
The choice of Z-Crystal effects a few of the pokemon Terrakion can beat, with Rockium Z being the arguably better of the two for bypassing Stone Edge's rubbish accuracy and snagging a few KO's versus things like Jellicent, Gliscor, and most notably Latias (all after the appropriate boost of course).
However Fightinium Z isn't without merit as it hits a bit harder and can OHKO both Hippowdon and M-Swampert at +2 (outside of rain), and gives you a good shot at breaking through Quagsire.

252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 156-184 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Terrakion All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 247-292 (62.8 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

But for as impressive as that all sounds, Terrakion still requires a decent amount of support and a chance to set up, Scizor shreddeds through it with Bullet Punch, as does M-Swampert in the rain, and without the proper boost it'll struggle against a large number of common mons.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
Wew tons of suggestions! Well I'm gonna end this early since I'm tired, anyways we have...

JoarAddamNessosin - Weavile

Weavile @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab/Pursuit/Low Kick

Since its back Weavile is a solid AoA-er its life orb set doesnt hit as hard as band but with the extra flexability it can clean better. Being weak to rocks it would like defog support. Its set is pretty standard with the last slot picking its coverage. Just a pretty solid mon thats fun to buold and play with.

eaglehawk - Mega Steelix
snekky snek (Steelix) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

NOTE: This is a set I ripped from pokeisfun's submission for Creative/Underrated sets. A lot of discussion around Xurkitree as of late has been centered around its match-up against stall. I feel like that building a stall team together as a community allows us as a community to explore a playstyle very few people understand let alone play. I feel like if we collectively construct a stall team together, UU players would better understand not only building stall, but also better understand teambuilding from a stall player's perspective when it comes to addressing certain Pokemon.

The Steelix set is purely arbitrary and seems like a solid building start.

Notily - Flame Orb Conkeldurr

Conkeldurr @ Flame Orb
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off / Bulk Up
- Facade
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

conk was emerging as a huge threat before the tier shifts, but Buzzwole dropping kind of put a damper on the hype surrounding the mon. With its most splashable check banned, conk is looking like a super solid mon that can fit on most archetypes, giving us some flexibility on where we want to go with the team.

Spinblade 237 - Mega Beedrill

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Drill Run/ Protect

Now that the premier bug type is gone, hopefully MegaBee will take the spotlight yet again. The most obvious archetype to build from this would be VoltTurn, but it's not mandatory.

Simonquinlank - Mamoswine
I'll propose an ice mammal of my own:

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Stealth Rock

Like his cousin weavile, Mamoswine can breathe an oink of relief now that Buzzwole has been banned. Now that its most reliable answer has vanished, Mamoswine looks a whole lot more threatening. It forces enough switches to consistently set rocks. Its wallbreaking capabilities don't really require much explanation from me... nor does its ability to finish off weakened aggro mons with its adamant ice shard ;) Sure, it needs support to help take care of some problematic mons *coughscizorcough* but hey that's what this community team building thing is for right?!>!

CodeRed23 - Double Dance Terrakion
Anyone remember Terrakion? It seemed to have straight up vanished once Buzzwole joined the tier, but with the buff bug gone I think it might be worth looking at our stony friend here.

Terrakion @ Rockium Z or Fightinium Z
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Pretty standard Boost2Win set here, after a single Rock Polish you outrun pretty much everything except Unburden Hawlucha and priority users, meanwhile grabbing an SD lets you rip apart slower, more defensive mons and just hurt things better in general with your dual STAB.
The choice of Z-Crystal effects a few of the pokemon Terrakion can beat, with Rockium Z being the arguably better of the two for bypassing Stone Edge's rubbish accuracy and snagging a few KO's versus things like Jellicent, Gliscor, and most notably Latias (all after the appropriate boost of course).
However Fightinium Z isn't without merit as it hits a bit harder and can OHKO both Hippowdon and M-Swampert at +2 (outside of rain), and gives you a good shot at breaking through Quagsire.

252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 156-184 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Terrakion All-Out Pummeling (190 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Quagsire: 247-292 (62.8 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

But for as impressive as that all sounds, Terrakion still requires a decent amount of support and a chance to set up, Scizor shreddeds through it with Bullet Punch, as does M-Swampert in the rain, and without the proper boost it'll struggle against a large number of common mons.

Voting ends on 7/13 @ 11:59 PM PST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)