UU Community Create-a-Team - Team #5 | Hiatus

Cobalion, it might not be the best possible partner for Cofagrigus but it can still do the job while providing rocks for the team.

i was gonna nominate bewear until i saw lax, bc bewear has good type synergy and benefits off tr a lot
but lax does everything bewear can do but better so i'll vote lax

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Votes are in, looks like we got a pretty clear winner:

Snorlax - 7
Terrakion - 1
Cobalion -1

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 188 HP / 144 Atk / 176 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Frustration / Facade
- Fire / Earthquake
- Curse / Belly Drum
- Recycle

Snorlax wins this week!

So next, nominate a mon that partners well with the generations-old "CofaLax" core... Nomination period ends 9/5/17 @ 11:59 PM

So... Lotta stuff dropped, some stuff went up, and the meta is currently really shaken up. And I find myself wondering how CCAT is gonna be handling the current situation, should we bother adding mons that might be banned in the near future? Like, Mega-Altaria might be a decent teammate for dealing with Lati (Return OHKO's normal Lati without attack investment!), eating Knock Off, and possibly supporting the team with Heal Bell.
But it doesn't seem like the best idea to build with mons that might not stick around for very long.
I'll leave the set I had in mind here so this post isn't just me rambling, but I would like to hear other peoples thoughts on the subject.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Keeps the team in good health, can serve as a wincon, couldn't care less about most dragons, and will make a great pillow for Snorlax.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
back from the dead, will be updating the OP and etc. tomorrow. Anyways... I noticed how fast pace the meta has been with the new drops (granted it happened yesterday I think?) since I have been seeing a lot of VoltTurn (Jirachi, Mega Manectric, Mega Bee, MowTom, WashTom), DD Mega Altaria, Nihilego, Mega Gallade, Weavile, Offensive Scizor, Infernape (then again I played like 10 games so take my observations with a grain of salt) are everywhere so I think turning this team into a full-fledged Trick Room team could be an interesting idea.

Uxie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Memento
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic / U-Turn

Uxie is Trick Room's best friend due to its access to both Stealth Rocks and Memento. This is just a standard Uxie spread maximizing bulk (to ensure Trick Room gets up obviously) and minimizing Speed. Mental Herb is a safety net against leads such as Azelf and Froslass as well as other Taunt users but, Leftovers could work I guess if that's what people want. The EVs / Nature are maxes out physical defense since Dark-types seem to be everywhere and all of them are physical attackers soooo yeah... but specially defensive Uxie can also be a fantastic replacement as well.

Not much else to say, I guess if we go the full Trick Room team having a late game cleaner/wincon would be nice as well as a few faster mons that can actually do something if the initial Trick Room strategy fails.

HotFuzzBall

fuzzy-chan \(ㆁヮㆁ✿)
is an Artist
another update post (excuse the triple post) but, CSB and I discussed it over and we plan to put this project on hiatus once again due to how chaotic the meta is with all of the rises/drops and the suspect test going on. This hiatus shouldn't be as long as the first hiatus but, for now the fate of the Cofagrigus team is undecided soo there will probably be an update edit/post on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)