UU Dark Horse Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Showdown! Username: The very creative "rijsttafel2".
Hall of Fame Standing: Bronze
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Durant.
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: 1881

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Hazama
Hall of fame standing: n/a
Pokemon I am currently working with: Galvantula, Cinnicino
Current ladder standing in Pokemon Showdown!: n/a

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: FossilFlare
Hall of fame standing: Bronzeong
Pokemon I am currently working with: Ditto
Current ladder standing: 1853

I need to change miiine, Trick Room doesn't do work without Snorlax.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: BrightasBalls
Hall of Fame Standing: None as of yet! None
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Victrebell
Current Ladder Standing: Unranked

I'm all in
Pokemon Showdown! Username: Homefizzle
Hall of Fame Standing: N/A
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Gardevoir
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: Unranked

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Istants
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Aerodactyl

Pokemon Showdown! Username: CherubAgent
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Escavalier, Duosion, Rotom-F

Pokemon Showdown! Username: Cold Dish
Hall of Fame Standing: None
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Glaceon
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: None

I think you have to get into the Top 50 on the ladder for the HoF Flare. At the moment #50 is sitting at an ACRE of 1878

Victreebel is doing pretty well. I'm running a purely special set with HP Rock, Weather Ball, Solarbeam, and Sleep Powder. Thinking of ditching Sleep Powder because even though that crazy fast sleep is nice, I feel like it always misses when it matters the most. Currently using Modest because I felt like Timid just wasn't giving it enough power. The problem is that Modest Victreebel is outsped by base 100 scarfers in the sun, but Modest and Life Orb make it strong as hell. Seriously way more powerful than I thought it would be

Pokemon Showdown! Username: DrakoYoloo
Hall of Fame Standing: None
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Scyther
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: None

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
I'll have a go at this;
Showdown username: Celaver
HoF standing: Nada
Dark horse pokemon: Hitmonlee and Houndoom
Current Ladder standing on showdown! :(

Showdown username: Cesderp
HoF standing: None
Dark horse pokemon: Typhlosion
Current ladder standing on showdown: 1650

EDIT: I switched to Typhlosion, but hadn't actually started competing on the alt before I made the decision.

UPDATE: I think I peaked at ~1720, but got hit hard with three losses in a row. Back up to around 1650 now, and I have a newfound love for Flygon. It's always just been momentum for me, but recently I've had it killing four or five things per battle. JollyScarf w/U-Turn. Always enjoyable. Typhlosion is kind of disappointing as far as being a dark horse, but it's good enough that I at least like using it. And Virizion, if you haven't noticed the sig, does fun stuff when the opponent isn't prepared.

at the moment I am about 1600 rank. Which could be better. I found that in order to get the nessessary kills, Cinnicino really needs a band. Galvantula, however, is doing fine with life orb, and despite my inital fears, it can get all the kills it needs. The no S rank rule is also a bit of a problem, but I am trying to find good replacements (I am currently using flygon as my scarfer, but while it is good, unboosted 100 attack is not doing well for it. Anyone got a better scarfer that's not S rank? I'm thinking victini, but that would mean 2 of my pokemon are sr weak, and since I don't like the UU spinners, I have to rely on my taunt lead azelf (which isn't doing too bad, but dedicated leads aren't that great) to get sr off the field, which is a bit shaky.

The no S rank rule is also a bit of a problem, but I am trying to find good replacements (I am currently using flygon as my scarfer, but while it is good, unboosted 100 attack is not doing well for it. Anyone got a better scarfer that's not S rank? I'm thinking victini, but that would mean 2 of my pokemon are sr weak, and since I don't like the UU spinners, I have to rely on my taunt lead azelf (which isn't doing too bad, but dedicated leads aren't that great) to get sr off the field, which is a bit shaky.
Though I don't know what the rest of your team may be, Mienshao seems to fit the requirements you're wanting. Resists Stealth Rock, can regain health lost from Spikes, and has the super powerful High Jump Kick.

EDIT: I wrongly though Mienshao was A Rank, I apologize. I agree with TPO3, Victini is your best bet.

TPO3

Never practice; Always perform.
Except that we can't use S-Rank Pokemon. Which is why he has the problem.

Honestly, if you use Taunt lead Azelf and keep enough pressure on the field, I would think Scarf Victini is just fine for you. Even off of unboosted 100 attack, V-Create and Bolt Strike will hit hard enough anyways.

Magolor, you could try Krookodile. I was using Flygon but I prefer Krook, at least on my team. It's got a better attack and has Moxie to potentially clean up late game. Pursuit trapping helps against Chandelure as well. Of course, you lose U-turn, Dragon STAB, and a more useful defensive typing.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: lemonsteak
Hall of Fame Standing: -
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Venomoth
Current Ladder Standing on Pokemon Showdown!: -

There's so many Pokemon I want to use, it's ridiculous. If anyone does Manetric or Golduck, please let me know, I'd love to see the results.
As for Gardevoir, she's basically a better Alakazam when it comes to Scarf imo. Well, at least a Scarf/Specs 4th gen Alakazam in OU, but that's irrelevant. Seriously, Gardevoir has played the same way a Chandelure has that's been scarfed, along with a Scarfed Shaymin or Scarfed Kingdra. Gardevoir has the bulk to take a neutral hit specially almost always, and can sometimes take a neutral physical hit. It's ability Trace gives it so much momentum- and it has a niche with it being the only Offensively based Pokemon with it. No one likes it if you come in on a Sheer Force to boost Gardevoir even more. I highly suggest Gardevoir to anyone who needs a Scarfer.

Homeslice, isn't Gardevoir outclassed by Meloetta as a scarfer/offensive pokemon? Meloetta has better stats across the board, plus no Ghost weakness. The only things it loses are Trace and fighting resistance, and for a scarfer has a better movepool, including U-Turn.

Pokemon Showdown! Username: eely
Hall of Fame Standing: None as of yet!
Dark Horse Pokemon Currently Working With: Hitmonlee (Cinccino if that doesn' work)
Current Ladder Standing: n/a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)