1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

UU Rain hyper offensive team

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Buckeyekmh20, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Buckeyekmh20

Buckeyekmh20

Hey all, I have put together a pretty good rain team that has won me about 75% of my matches so far and brought me to higher than I have ever gotten on the ladder.

The goal of the team is to throw you off your game. The hyper offensiveness means that one wrong move could mean a clean sweep at any time.

Team Rain Rain

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Emo Phil [​IMG](Bronzong) @ Damp Rock
    Trait: Heatproof
    EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SDef
    Impish Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Explosion
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rain Dance

Bronzong leads in team preview to bait out opposing taunt users. This allows me to bring in tornadus and priority taunt them. If there are no lead taunt threats, I send him out. Heatproof is great because everyone expects levitate anyways. I can survive V-creates from victini and fire blasts from chandelure and respond with rocks or rain dance. I can also 1 hit KO frosslass with gyro ball and severely damage weak leads with it as well. Bronzong basically sets up rain dance, rocks if possible, and then explodes. This gives me all the momentum and puts them in a tough spot because all 5 of my team members can come out now.

Jason[​IMG] (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Aqua Jet
    - Stone Edge
    - Waterfall
    - Swords Dance

Kabutops is a beast in the rain. If I can, I swords dance on the predicted switch to a wall, and then usually can 2hko bulky waters with stone edge, and 1hko almost everything else. Priority users that are frail get 1 shot by +2 aqua jets. He is the best sweaper if set up, but he struggles with umbreon if he doesn't have the boost. He also struggles with slowbro who can t-wave. He also can outside scarf heracross in the rain and 1hko with waterfall. Not many people know the true power of Kabutops and it can lead to a 6-0 easily.

Donald Derp[​IMG] (Ludicolo) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Giga Drain
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Rain Dance

Ludicolo is my special sweeper and answer to bulky waters. He is unpredictable in what move hes going to use, which can lead to some pretty nice KOs or a loss of momentum if I don't predict a switch correctly. I try to use him late game when the counters are taken out. Hydro pump is pretty good at denting even those who resist it in the rain, and ice beam is for those flying types that switch in and flygon. Not much else to say, he is probably the least powerful sweeper on the team but he can pull off some clutch late game sweeps if a rain dance gets up in time.

Barkavious Mingo [​IMG] (Kingdra) @ Lum Berry
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Waterfall
    - Rain Dance

This set catches many people off guard as they expect the special set now a days. It doesn't have much power without a boost, but luckily it forces many switches so it can DD up. If they try to status him, lum berry keeps him healthy. I find I don't really use rain dance with him, might consider replacing that move with draco metor or something. Suggestions are welcome. He really struggles with slowbro, who can t-wave twice and take both stabs pretty well with protect stalling.

Aladdin [​IMG](Tornadus) (M) @ Damp Rock
    Trait: Prankster
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Superpower
    - Taunt
    - Hurricane
    - Rain Dance

This is the star. Priority rain dance means that even if he gets one shot he is guaranteed to get things going for everyone else in a hurry. He shuts down opposing leads, and laughes in sableye's face. I usually start the game with him and he goes down early, but not without a few hurricanes into a wall to soften them up or a superpower on slowbrow/umbreon/steel types. I laugh when people try and switch into an un-resisted hurricane.

Pikachu [​IMG](Raikou) @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Rash Nature
    - Weather Ball
    - Thunder
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Rain Dance

This was a late change, and I am not sure if Raiku is the best fit here but I love what he brings to the table. Stab 100% thunders are my best answer to opposing bronzing. I bluff the choice item with expert belt. This gets me so many flygon/rhyperior/nidoking/queen kills its funny. Weatherball is unexpected and 1hkos any ground type that switches in, and HP ice kills flyon 100% of the time, and its usually an easy prediction. If I know they aren't scarfed, I will go for thunder anyways making them think im locked and going to switch, and then hit them with a SE move.

This team struggles with heavy stall, especially umbreon or any steel types. I also struggle with sharpedo late game as I have nothing to tank its attacks if bronzing is dead. Teams with more than 1 water type usually give me trouble, or a combo of a steel and water. I try and wear down my main threat even if it means sacking a poke. I play very aggressive with almost no switching once a sweeper is in. I would appreciate any input you have on movesets or possible replacements of anyone on the team.

Thanks!
  2. Kitten Milk

Kitten Milk [22:59:31] <KittenUU> 241 of which are fellacious
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Just a quick tip, given that you already have Weather Ball, I think you might find Aura Sphere or Volt Switch more useful than HP Ice on your Raikou. It's important for a HO team to maintain momentum at all times, and at the moment something like SpD Snorlax or SpD Pory2 can just switch into your Raikou and make you lose all of your momentum. I love the idea of weather ball though.
    On another note, it does seem very weird to have rain dance on 5 of your pokes. This seems wastefully excessive, as many of the pokes that have Rain Dance could very well use extra coverage. You could either just replace it with another move on at least one of them, or you could also take out of them out and put in a dedicated rain setter-upper. Something like Damp Rock Rain Dance sableye could work. (He also has the nice advantage of burning threats like Steels/Sharpedos)

Other than that, looks like a good team!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)