Gen 3 UU RMT

This is basically a semi-stall Shedinja team. In my UU teams I've always liked having sweepers that can take one or two hits (not Manectric or Fearow for example), this time I have tanks that can dish out damage.

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 8 Spd / 112 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Spikes
- Surf
- Toxic

This guy is a standard in most of my teams. One of the best Normal resistances around, can take a couple unboosted non-STAB Earthquakes (so I have an error margin when predicting), Spikes from turn one and Toxics enemy Water types.

Quagsire (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 160 Def / 8 Spd
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Toxic

Necessary Rock resistance and Gligar counter. Also beats Muk.

Tentacruel (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 140 HP / 128 Atk / 184 Spd / 56 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Sludge Bomb
- Swords Dance

Excellent dude. I don't like Tentacruel without Sub but this set is necessary to beat other Spikes teams. Speed is for being faster than Modest Electabuzz/Manectric.

Shedinja @ Choice Band
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Ball
- Silver Wind
- Toxic

It actually walls a lot of stuff that doesn't have Toxic. If a Sleep Powder hits it, I'm good. Baton Pass is for scouting since if they switch, I can switch to an appropriate counter and they have to switch again. Works really well with Spikes.

Flareon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spd / 32 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Quick Attack
- Wish

Flareon, contrary to its offense-minded stats, is actually sort of a standard in stall teams because of its ability to wall Fire types and Sunnybeamers. Wish is great since it makes Omastar reusable, lets you beat special attackers like Electabuzz one on one while retaining 60% HP. Double-Edge is just big damage, and might 2hko special defense-oriented Lanturns.

Vileplume (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 24 Spd / 140 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Leech Seed
- Moonlight

I find this necessary as a Fighting resistance and Aromatherapist. Leech Seed + Moonlight defeats Kangaskhans and such (thanks Luduan).

I really think you need a way to beat Kangaskhans, Vileplume still has trouble switching into Choice Band variants, and Omastar gets nailed by Earthquake.

I think you should consider replacing Tentacruel with Sandslash. Sandslash helps you deal with Kangaskhan more reliably (especially if you use my favorite Counter set - it's in the analysis if you want to check) and also retains the same ability to Rapid Spin.

You should also probably consider making Flareon a little more defensive on the Special side. If Double-Edge isn't needed for anything I'd replace it with Return or even Protect.

gorgie

formerly Floppy, now Rock hard
@Thorns: Why????

I agree with Heysup; if Double-Edge isn't needed, ditch it for something more convenient. If you're going to use Flareon as a wisher also, consider maxing out its HP and pumping more SDef EVs in.

Vileplume imo, is not enough to switch into Kangaskhan AND scare it off before being dealt a considerable amount of damage. 96 Def EVs is a bit stingy too for that! (also consider a substitute on that viloplume he,he,he).

Last but not least, as an alternative, you can contemplate using Lum Berry > Choice band as well as Swords Dance > BP on that sheddy given that there is a high chance it'll wall at least 2 or more pokemon on any given team and as such will be more than a pleasure for Shedinja to set up and possibly become hero for a day.

I really think you need a way to beat Kangaskhans, Vileplume still has trouble switching into Choice Band variants, and Omastar gets nailed by Earthquake.

I think you should consider replacing Tentacruel with Sandslash. Sandslash helps you deal with Kangaskhan more reliably (especially if you use my favorite Counter set - it's in the analysis if you want to check) and also retains the same ability to Rapid Spin.
Some points here:

I'm not really ever going to switch Vileplume on Kangaskhan, unless it's CB-less and not using a STAB move. I'm not sure how I'd have problem with Choice Band Kangaskhan considering I have three Toxic users, Leech Seed and Spikes to deal indirect damage, so it would only be able to switch in a few times. I also have Shedinja, who walls Kangaskhan's main two moves and Omastar, that can take Normal STAB and Shadow Ball easily. All of that isn't too different from Sandslash, which usually makes a worse switch in than Omastar and gets 2hko'd by CB Return anyway.

I don't think I will replace Tentacruel for Sandslash, as I'd lose my only decently speedy Pokemon, thus limiting my ability to threaten opposite sweepers like Kangaskhan itself if I get one of my Pokemon KO'd.

I will, however, put more defense EVs on Vileplume.

You should also probably consider making Flareon a little more defensive on the Special side. If Double-Edge isn't needed for anything I'd replace it with Return or even Protect.
You may be right about the Special Defense, I will try out different spreads, but I don't really want to reduce its firepower. D-E I find is very necessary as it is my main attack.

i thought tentacruel was ou you should use kabutops as your spinner instead, it can swords dance too
If Tentacruel is OU then I've been breaking the rules for years. There's no way I'm using Kabutops in a team with Quagsire and Omastar.

@Thorns: Why????

I agree with Heysup; if Double-Edge isn't needed, ditch it for something more convenient. If you're going to use Flareon as a wisher also, consider maxing out its HP and pumping more SDef EVs in.
As I said I find D-E very necessary, I will run damage calcs when I find the time to readjust Flareon's Special Defense.

Vileplume imo, is not enough to switch into Kangaskhan AND scare it off before being dealt a considerable amount of damage. 96 Def EVs is a bit stingy too for that! (also consider a substitute on that viloplume he,he,he).
It won't switch on Kangaskhan at least until Kangaskhan is Toxiced. I definitely need more Defense though.

Last but not least, as an alternative, you can contemplate using Lum Berry > Choice band as well as Swords Dance > BP on that sheddy given that there is a high chance it'll wall at least 2 or more pokemon on any given team and as such will be more than a pleasure for Shedinja to set up and possibly become hero for a day.
This is interesting, I'll experiment with it. I don't find myself attacking too often with Shed anyway (Toxic is usually more threatening).

--

I've been thinking of Gligar over Quagsire since I may need a better Ground resistance, any thoughts?

Pretty good team. You could try replacing Vileplume with Meganium. It is a great physical wall and can take on Kangaskhan with Reflect and Leech Seed.

Also you probably want Shell Armor on Omastar, unless you're hoping to sweep from random enemy Rain Dances.

edit: turns out Meganium doesn't learn Aromatherapy. So I guess you miss out on that as well as Sleep Powder...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)