Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Will-O-Wisp

Im kinda just puttin this out there b/c ive had a decent number of people ask me for a team so instead of individually lending it out ima just put it here. Its pretty standard aero + serp offense with ground water fairy core. Serp and aero make a great one two punch to break shit and the core handles a good amount of threats along with rotom for help against serp. big nido weakness but it can be dealt with if serp has some boosts and I've been lucky not to find them as much. Also aqua tail aero is a good ruse to ohko them. Overall its been pretty decent for me, got me out of tilt and its what im currently using to get reqs, so yeah have fun if you use it.

Last edited:

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Tyrantrum @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy
- Protect

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Grass Knot
- Overheat
- Mach Punch

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 168 HP / 84 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch

Here's a fun balance team I've been using recently on the suspect ladder centered around DD Tyrantrum, featuring a FWG core of Infernape, Swampert, and Mega Abomasnow and a FDS (Fairy-Dragon-Steel) core of Florges, Tyrantrum, and Forretress.

Mixed Infernape is great at luring in physical walls and weakening if not eliminating them for a late game Tyrantrum sweep, while Mega Abomasnow checks Gligar (which Ape can't really break if it's SDef), bulky Water types and can check/RK Serperior.
Swampert and Forretress give the team superb hazard control and form a potent defensive core covering most of the relevant meta, including the omnipresent Aerodactyl.
Florges gives the team much needed special bulk and at the same time checks common Fighting types and Dragons that can otherwise threaten the team and keeps the team healthy since neither Pert nor Forry have recovery outside of Leftovers and Abomasnow is going to be taking quite a beating because of it's speed, potential hazards, and Wood Hammer recoil.
Tyrantrum is particularly good at punishing Entei (a really common check to Serperior on the ladder) and can set up on it thanks to it's Lum Berry. Having two Pokemon x4 weak to Fire and a Florges certainly does help lure it in as well.
Adamant seems tempting over Jolly on DD Tyrantrum but missing out on Mega Pidgeot, non-Mega Aerodactyl, Whimsicott, and Jolteon at +1 could cost you, plus the power drop from Jolly shouldnt matter too much if you play your hazards well, and you'll outspeed a lot more without a DD boost as well (such as Pokemon like Banded Heracross and Sub CM Suicune who commonly only run enough speed to creep Adamant Honchkrow).
It's a little weak to Chandelure, feel free to put EQ > Mach Punch on Infernape with Blaze if that worries you, I personally just like the extra priority, it comes in handy more often than not.

edit: got my reqs with this team

A wild replay appeared!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uususpecttest-213921833

Last edited:
Any chance we could clear out the current team archive? It could be very confusing to newer players checking this thread with all the current teams archived having ou pokes on them.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Any chance we could clear out the current team archive? It could be very confusing to newer players checking this thread with all the current teams archived having ou pokes on them.
This is a really good idea, but it should wait until after the Serperior suspect test results are in, as some of the sample teams either have Serp or are dedicating unnecessary teamslots for handling it.

Rather than deleting maybe put the more current teams in the OP. Deleting the teams invalidates them in a way, we have no way of knowing that things like Rachi Starmie Etc won't drop back down making some of the teams back to being usable teams. I do agree that the old and new should be separated but not in a such a scorched earth way especially for a thread that is relatively new.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
got bored, http://puu.sh/gypTM/ee111625b3.png

Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 164 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Krookodile (M) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 224 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Calm Mind

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Aerodactyl (M) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Aqua Tail

Feraligatr (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance

this team is cool as fuck imo. i wanted to use the forry/krook core i posted in the cores thread and i figured florges/cune would offer a fantastic defensive backbone since they synergize really well w/ those two and give me a strong wincon. i originally had ice beam cune but then my only answer to opposing cune would be to crit them w/ my own so i decided to go w/ roar and thank fuck i did cause that set is fucking awesome. you'd be surprised how often people fall for setting up alongside my cune with their own just for me to get to +3, rest, and roar on the turn they hit +6 ahhhh. its almost a guaranteed win from there. i also wanted to use gatr and after trying a bunch of different sets, i decided to keep this one just to have a secondary, albeit shaky, cune check in case mine went down. sd + status orb heracross can fuck this team up if it gets a free turn to set up so be careful around that, but all other versions are handled by florges just fine since synthesis means it can keep up with cb hits.

You're welcome for the Gatr set, smh (also old).

Also this is gonna sound dumb and I reckon it—since I joked a lot about being the one to make things popular à la RT—but one of the first ORAS teams I built (after we finished banning shit) had the exact same sets for Krook, Forry, Cune, and Florges, with HC on Mega Aero instead of AA—and the Calm spread for Florges, since that was before Hera dropped. I honestly thought my team was a bit bad since I found it sorta Mienshao weak (and I had Black Sludge Dragalge as my last member), but it might just be that I suck at this game, lol. Here it is (and Bouffalant has my back since I'd turned to him when I was building it) :o

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Cool team Koko, the Wish Synth Florges is a cool addition by allowing you to more quickly recover and avoid being pressured by stuff like Nidoqueen who can repeatedly set up hazards and Swampert who can roar you out on your protect.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-217653522

That replay really showcases how annoying synthesis Florges can be for some teams since even with a fair amount of hax I couldn't bust through (albeit I misplayed a few times throughout the match).

Offensive Hazard Team

Code:
Importable[
Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Freeze-Dry

Froslass @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Taunt
- Spikes
- Ice Beam

Archeops @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor
- Crunch
- Defog

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 4 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

/CODE]

This team likes to focus on the use of Frolass as the lead. Destiny bond w/ focus sash allows her to the opponent's monster along with her while have at least 1-2 opportunities to set up spikes/taunt to either setup hazards or prevent your opponent from using hazards. Acheops another hazard settter allows you to apply rocks, and is useful in the similar fashion as frolass with destiny bond with endeavor. These two monsters gives you the best chance mid-late to have a clear path to for Miensho and Sharpedo to sweep/clean up depending on which of tthe pokemon on your opponent's team is most susceptible to water/dark and fight attacks. I've only lost once with this team( only because his lead was able to stop mine from setting up, and I quit), but otherwise it's hasn't lost for me. Here's some replays: [URL]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-uu-252452345[/URL], [URL]http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/battle-uu-252452797[/URL][/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)