UU Simple Questions Thread

No it doesn't unfortunately.

Sheer Force only boosts attacks that would cause status ailments, confusion, flinches, stat drops to opponent or stat boosts to yourself.

That's misleading, still. Moves like Dynamic Punch, Power-Up Punch, and Brick Break all have a 100% chance to inflict their secondary effect. For whatever reason, Sheer Force does not boost these moves. Moves like Signal Beam, Ancient Power, and Scald all have <100% chance to activate a secondary effect, and Sheer Force then boosts them.

For more information, and an exact list, consult Bulbapedia.

EDIT: That's. What. I'm sorry, I had been informed in the past that moves with 100% secondary effects wouldn't be affected and didn't check Bulbapedia past grabbing the link.

Last edited:
That's misleading, still. Moves like Dynamic Punch, Power-Up Punch, and Brick Break all have a 100% chance to inflict their secondary effect. For whatever reason, Sheer Force does not boost these moves. Moves like Signal Beam, Ancient Power, and Scald all have <100% chance to activate a secondary effect, and Sheer Force then boosts them.

For more information, and an exact list, consult Bulbapedia.
Except it does to the former two and is listed in Bulbapedua as well ?_?

Brick Brick doesn't have a secondary effect that is listed in my last post which is why it isn't boosted.

If u look at my questions on this thread, theyre mostly about looking at counters/checks for certain pokes, probably because I'm super impatient with Victim of the Week threads on here (seriously, why did we get rid of the Checks/Counters section on the analysis dex?)

Anyways, I made another stall team to accomodate tier shifts and so I'm dropping by to ask what are some hard counters to NP Lucario who's on the rise? Assuming Nasty Plot, LO, Dual Stabs and Dark Pulse

So far, I've got AV Slowking/Goodra with Fire Blast and Specially Defensive Moltres ._.

If you really want a challenge to answer my question, I want a NP Luke counter that also serves as some kind of win condition (since neither of the above really accomplish that)

Thanks in advance (Creative answers super appreciated!)

Cressalia serves as a solid counter. But you don't want to use Moltres in UU, since it's outclassed by other fire-types and probably flying-types as well.

Also, NP Lucario probably wouldn't run Dark Pulse - I think the set is NP, Flash Cannon, Vacuum Wave, and Focus Blast.

If u look at my questions on this thread, theyre mostly about looking at counters/checks for certain pokes, probably because I'm super impatient with Victim of the Week threads on here (seriously, why did we get rid of the Checks/Counters section on the analysis dex?)

Anyways, I made another stall team to accomodate tier shifts and so I'm dropping by to ask what are some hard counters to NP Lucario who's on the rise? Assuming Nasty Plot, LO, Dual Stabs and Dark Pulse

So far, I've got AV Slowking/Goodra with Fire Blast and Specially Defensive Moltres ._.

If you really want a challenge to answer my question, I want a NP Luke counter that also serves as some kind of win condition (since neither of the above really accomplish that)

Thanks in advance (Creative answers super appreciated!)
Nasty plot Lucario is rare, Dark pulse is even more rare. They usually carry Vacuum wave. Try SubCM Chandelure. Also Timid Chandy outspeeds Modest Luc so even if they have DP you can still check it. If you do not like this you can use SpDef Swampert with Curse RestTalk or Gastrodon with Curse Recover.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
I heard that Serperior's suspect test will be open to public. If this is true, when is it gonna start?

What's a good counter to Alakazam?

My team is Mega Houndoom/Slowking/Crobat/Heracross/Nidoqueen/Heliolisk and I find my team unable to deal with Alakazam (and Mega Sharpedo). I'm thinking of replacing Mega Doom or one of the Poison mons for a Alakazam counter.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What's a good counter to Alakazam?

My team is Mega Houndoom/Slowking/Crobat/Heracross/Nidoqueen/Heliolisk and I find my team unable to deal with Alakazam (and Mega Sharpedo). I'm thinking of replacing Mega Doom or one of the Poison mons for a Alakazam counter.
Blissey counters all Alakazam sets bar encore. Florges and Umbreon can also generally deal with it.

The list of checks is much much much longer.

Blissey counters all Alakazam sets bar encore. Florges and Umbreon can also generally deal with it.

The list of checks is much much much longer.
CM Zams can beat blissey if she switches in on psyshock or CM - at +1 it cleanly 2hkos.

Not that CM zams are incredibly common, but it's something to keep in mind.

Depending on what your Mega Houndoom set runs, 0- Atk Sucker Punch OHKOs. You'll need to break the potential Sash, but you've already got Crobat, who I'm assuming is running at least enough speed to outspeed Alakazam.

Granbull and Aromatisse also work, Defensive Nidoqueen chews any attack not named earthquake (which is rare compared to knock off/stone edge coverage), gligar either physically or specially defensive can switch into any move, but specially defensive doesn't like taking knock offs.

252+ Atk Choice Band Guts Heracross Facade (140 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 170-201 (51 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Not saying you'll be eating those terribly often, but Guts Facade is Heracross' best move for getting past Poison- and Fairy-types, who are the more common switch-in compared to Ghost-types, and it's something to remember.

That being said, Crobat is great for eating Close Combat and Megahorn.

You need to get rid of Crobat, Mega Pidgeot, and Mega Aerodactyl as well as a few faster scarfers, but Chesnaught's great physical bulk and Drain Punch help you out a long way. The issue is that it just isn't that fast, as well as coverage issues since Drain Punch is mandatory.

But it's not too bad all things considered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)