UU Simple Questions Thread

Ok questions:
wtf was the point of suspecting non s rank pokemon?
Also can i get a good reason why tangrwoth is b-?
We were retesting Crawdaunt, which was formerly banned. You can't rank something banned, though it was deemed to be not as broken and brought back.

Nothing on Tangrowth.

Tangrowth is B- because it's a VERY tanky Grass-type that can hit decently hard from either side and has a few fantastic support options, the two best being Sleep Powder and Knock Off. It's not higher because it has poor Special Defense that's not made up by its HP, so while you can run Assault Vest that keeps you from running most of its support pool, on top of mono-Grass being a poor defensive option on most teams. It can wall stuff like non-Ice Beam Sharpedo and Feraligatr if it hasn't boosted/isn't running Ice Punch, and while those are important, those really are its main targets.

And in a more general sense regarding the suspect question, a Pokemon doesn't have to "have very few, if any flaws" (which is a portion of many S-rank definitions in viability ranking threads) to be an unhealthy influence on the metagame. OU just banned Shadow Tag despite the best user of the ability being ranked B+, because while it was a niche ability it also had an unfair effect when that niche was relevant.

pizzaguy88

Banned deucer.
Tangrowth is B- because it's a VERY tanky Grass-type that can hit decently hard from either side and has a few fantastic support options, the two best being Sleep Powder and Knock Off. It's not higher because it has poor Special Defense that's not made up by its HP, so while you can run Assault Vest that keeps you from running most of its support pool, on top of mono-Grass being a poor defensive option on most teams. It can wall stuff like non-Ice Beam Sharpedo and Feraligatr if it hasn't boosted/isn't running Ice Punch, and while those are important, those really are its main targets.
This still confuses me since it had these flaws for a long time and it use to be a-, I know that the rankings were adjusted but all a- mons fell to b+ or b , tangrowth was the only one to drop all the way to b-, and I don't see what as changed to make it worst

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Do you want even or uneven HP numbers when running Belly Drum/Substitute??
When running Belly Drum you'll want an even HP number so you're immediately able to eat your Berry but with Substitute you'd rather have odd to be able to have 4 Substitutes as opposed to 3.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Hello Everyone, LittleRunnerXC here and I wanna bring up I guess a little bit of a weird discussion on the viablility of Hitmontop.
I wanna know your guys opinions on this thing and if anyone has tried it in UU, I feel like it does have some viability as a spinner because of foresight its multiple forms of priority, and the fact it has some offensive capabilities even as a spinner. And unlike Hitmonlee which is an offensive fighting type spinner, Hitmontop is more of a defensive spinner, with a great ability in Intimidate as well.

Anyway I just wanted to hear some of your opinions on Hitmontop.. Thank you very much!

Hello Everyone, LittleRunnerXC here and I wanna bring up I guess a little bit of a weird discussion on the viablility of Hitmontop.
I wanna know your guys opinions on this thing and if anyone has tried it in UU, I feel like it does have some viability as a spinner because of foresight its multiple forms of priority, and the fact it has some offensive capabilities even as a spinner. And unlike Hitmonlee which is an offensive fighting type spinner, Hitmontop is more of a defensive spinner, with a great ability in Intimidate as well.

Anyway I just wanted to hear some of your opinions on Hitmontop.. Thank you very much!
I'm using Hitmontop right now with success... Even without Foresight. I'm running spinblock killing support in the form of Crawdaunt and scarf Darmanitan (for Chandelure and Doublade.) Intimidate does provide a very good ability which can sometimes shut off sweeps with ddance mons, such as Salamence. It works well defensively in my experience, although I have been zapped by Flare Blitz Arcanines post-rocks, so that's a bit of a problem. My only concern with Hitmontop is obviously Special attackers and Mega Aerodactyl switch-ins, which can be easily fixed with spdef walls. However, I am new and inexperienced to the PS meta, and I may miss something.

Threw

cohiba
I've heard a variety of answers about the viability of stall in the current meta, so it would be cool to get some consensus on that. Having come from DOU, where stall isn't a thing at all, I'm honestly just wondering if it's worth taking the time to really learn the play style or if my HO teams will serve me just as well.

Stall is a thing in UU. It's not the best team archetype around, especially since we just got three powerful attackers (Crawdaunt, Gardevoir, Metagross) and one amazing stallbreaker (Sableye), but we've also got some incredible fat wincons like Suicune, Snorlax, and Reuniclus. Last I heard Offense and Semi-stall were the best archetypes.

Question for the council or tls or whoever runs things now.

Do you guys have any mons that would be considered for a suspect or retest? I know some people have a few mons that they think should come or go, but I'm curious to see what the leaders think of it.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Do you guys have any mons that would be considered for a suspect or retest? I know some people have a few mons that they think should come or go, but I'm curious to see what the leaders think of it.
I would personally like to either see Zygarde or Victini for retest tbh

E: Actually Mega Gallade seems reasonable, Mega Heracross maybe?

Last edited:

Mega-Gallade sounds actually somewhat reasonable given how many good, fast flying-types we have right now, as well as Gyarados, Sableye, and Zapdos all neat it or can status it while not takig much damage.

Edit; Fuck i wasted my .5k

Reactions: nv
Can anyone help me with my Team ? I built a Team and I am not quite sure If it's good or not so I would really appreciate it if someone could overlook at it :) =

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Can anyone help me with my Team ? I built a Team and I am not quite sure If it's good or not so I would really appreciate it if someone could overlook at it :) =
Hey there! There is a forum for people who want their teams rated known as rmt or Rate My Team. Here is a link to the ORAS other teams page where you can post your team and a lot of good and experienced players will try and help your team out with changes/can help overlook it. http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/oras-other-teams.292/. Please read the formatting for rmts and the rules and resources thread before posting anything though They also have a room on pokemon showdown known as Rate My Team, where a lot of their room staff and users can help you out there if you would rather prefer that. Anyways hope the rating goes well!

Hey there! There is a forum for people who want their teams rated known as rmt or Rate My Team. Here is a link to the ORAS other teams page where you can post your team and a lot of good and experienced players will try and help your team out with changes/can help overlook it. http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/oras-other-teams.292/. Please read the formatting for rmts and the rules and resources thread before posting anything though They also have a room on pokemon showdown known as Rate My Team, where a lot of their room staff and users can help you out there if you would rather prefer that. Anyways hope the rating goes well!
Thanks for your Answer :)

I know this project's been dead for quite some time now, but could we bring back (or start another) Community Create-A-Team (CCaT)? It'd be fun.

Could someone Play against me In Pokemon Showdown and tell their opinion about my Team. I started recently in UU and I feel that I am very bad in it Because my ELO is right now around 1200 and the highest ELO I had was 1350. One Thing I don't understand is why people are running so many Stall Teams on the Ladder. I can't deal with them I always lose against that Playstyle.
I would appreciate your help greatly.

Could someone Play against me In Pokemon Showdown and tell their opinion about my Team. I started recently in UU and I feel that I am very bad in it Because my ELO is right now around 1200 and the highest ELO I had was 1350. One Thing I don't understand is why people are running so many Stall Teams on the Ladder. I can't deal with them I always lose against that Playstyle.
I would appreciate your help greatly.
Stall tends to rely on a lot of status-based moves and usually is made up of a lot of walls. Your best option to break stall is to run stallbreakers or wallbreakers on your team, such as Hydreigon, Sableye, Crobat, and other things (I'm pretty sure other people can elaborate more on this). If you want to learn more about the metagame or just get more battling experience, you can join the UnderUsed room on Pokemon Showdown. Most of the really good UU playerbase is there and we (sometimes) discuss UU metagame-related topics. The good players in the room are more than happy to answer any of your questions about UnderUsed.

If you want to improve on your battling, you can spectate good players that are higher on the ladder and learn about their decision-making.

Also, I have a question myself? How viable is Hex Rotom in UU? Hex Rotom is a really big trend in both NU and RU at the moment, and UnderUsed's current status makes it look like a pretty good environment for Rotom to thrive in.

Hello peoples

So I want to build a team around an umbreon with work up and baton pass and so far it's been working wonders with my sweepers ( roserade, crobat, and lucario. But I don't know what roles to have for the last 2 slots. Umbreon is usually my lead but I kinda want a hazard or something.

What should I put in my last 2 slots?

swampert and mega aero

have a nice day
What roles do they play? Sorry but I'm new to the whole team building thing and I wanted a well balanced team, unless it's more viable to fill a team with sweepers and have them all piggy back on umbreon, but that just seems silly :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)