XY UU UU Stall (Currently 1500+)

After getting bored of OU, I decided to focus my efforts towards perfecting a ladder-worthy UU team. I prefer playing stall/semi-stall teams since I find these teams more reliable and flexible. After a few failed attempts, I decided to experiment with a new core which managed to achieve moderate success. Currently this team is sitting around 1500, a number I hope to improve on in the future.

At a glance..

Lead

Aggron-Mega @ Aggronite
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam
- Metal Burst
- Stealth Rock

So this is my lead at the moment, I experimented with several other leads, but nothing works better than a bulky lead that can dish out damage and set up my rocks too. Heavy slam is usually my designated move of choice, capable of OHKO or dealing large amounts of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. After much deliberation, I chose to run metal burst over stone edge in my third slot as it allows me to deal with a wider range threats, and to dish out massive damage to anyone after being hit by a volt-switch, earthquake, surf etc. Due to Aggron's high defense, he is capable of surviving Close-combats/Superpower easily and OHKOing back with Metal Burst or Heavy slam.

Core

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Standard wish-protect Blissey, after trying out multiple special walls, only Blissey is capable of withstanding the heaviest of special powerhouses. Wish-passing helps with keeping Aggron alive. I choose to forego aromatherapy on Blissey because I prefer the versatility of protect, and most of my mons resist status (Heracross has guts, Cresselia has magic coat, Suicune has rest and Aggron is immune to toxic).

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Magic Coat
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Toxic

Cresselia is the second part of my core and generally covers the physical threats that Tangrowth can't cover, such as Victini and Infernape. Due to Cresselia's high special defense, it acts as a mixed wall, capable of stopping many threats. I chose to run magic coat on Cresselia primarily to prevent getting statused. Occassionally, I will even lead with Cresselia to bounce back Spikes and Stealth-Rock. Moonblast is for damage and toxic/moonlight is for whittling down enemies with residual damage.

Tangrowth @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
Impish Nature
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Earthquake

Tangrowth is the final element of my core and is capable of walling almost all the physical threats in UU. Rocky Helmet is very effective against physical attackers and Regenerator and Synthesis will ensure that Tangrowth continues to live and be a pain in the ass for the enemy team. Leech seed is useful as it forces switches and helps Tangrowth's survivability even further. Power whip and earthquake provide strong coverage. I chose Tangrowth over Chesnaught due to his higher base defenses as well as access to Regenerator. Additionally, Chesnaught's 4x Flying weakness and Fairy/Psychic weakness was a major deterrent.

Revenge / Sweeper

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

So once my cores have successfully weakened down the enemy through repeated switch-ins, I will usually bring in Heracross. Choice scarf Heracross is usually capable of sweeping a lot of teams once their cores have been whittled down. STAB Megahorn and STAB CC combined with Choice Scarf make this a very easy task. I choose to run guts over moxie as it allows Heracross not to be crippled by burn and also allows him to switch-in to predicted toxics for a power boost. Occassionally, I will also bring in Heracross to revenge kill and trap weakened psychic types.

Stallbreaker

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Suicune is my stallbreaker. Against other stall teams, it is very easy to set up calm-minds and slowly destroy the enemy, once their counters have been eliminated. Suicune also does a fine job at dealing with Physical fire types such as Infernape and Victini that give Tangrowth issues.

How do you deal with Mienshao? HJK/Aerial Ace/U-Turn/Knock Off tears through the team, and he's incredibly common. Everything except Suicune and Cress are 2hkod, and if they have an LO Hydreigon that's pretty much the end of the team. Do you just have to predict around them?

Infernape hurts as well. 44 SpA Life Orb Infernape Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Filter Mega Aggron: 353-417 (102.6 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
212 Atk Life Orb Infernape Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 767-905 (107.4 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
44 SpA Life Orb Infernape Overheat vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Tangrowth: 671-790 (166.5 - 196%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Oh and btw, Scarf Ape is a thing (Him and Specs Hydreigon are my favorite in the tier in which i play the most)
44 SpA Infernape Overheat vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Heracross: 318-374 (102.2 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

So your only checks are Cress and Cune, but i would suggest something to wall Infernape. I would suggest slowbro and get rid of either cress or cune

I deal with mienshao with tangrowth. If you run the calcs you will realize that aerial ace does 30% tops to tangrowth and I can easily stall him out with synthesis and rocky helmet.

Cresselia and suicune are my main go-to walls against infernape. Both these Pokemon's have high defense investment and can shrug off his attacks and heal themselves up. I never usually have many issues with infernape since the addition of cress and suicune. Scarfcross can also take care of him with EQ. I don't usually see scarfapes, but the lack of power and lifeorb recoil usually gives him away.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)