UU Team Rating Competition - Round 1 [Deadline 28 Feb]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to RMT's first UU team rating competition! In this tournament, we will provide each of you with a team to rate every round. You will then rate the given team and submit it to the Team Raters you are assigned. When the round is over, the participants who submitted the best rates will move on to the next round.

Important notes:
  • The rates in the final two rounds will count towards the Team Rater
    badge and doing well in general will earn you more consideration for it.
  • The winner will be awarded voice status in the RMT room on PS if they have shown an interest in getting involved (If you are currently an active voice and win, you may be promoted to driver).
  • Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month.
  • If you are eliminated and would like some feedback on your rate and how you can improve going forward, feel free to ask us.
Participants 1 - 10 please PM your rate to IronBullet and participants 11 - 25 please PM your rate to Kreme. You have until 23:59 pm EST on Sunday, 28 Feb to submit your rate.

Good luck everyone, and here's to a fun and competitive tournament!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Here's the team for round 1! Major thanks to Kreme for creating it and writing up the descriptions :)

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

I decided to build a simple balance team for the first round of the tournament so I started off with a very sturdy physical wall that could check a plethora of the metagame while filling in important resists, such as a Fire-resist and an Electric-immunity, so I wouldn't be weak to strong Fire-types like Entei and VoltTurn, respectively. Swampert also provided a good Stealth Rock user and a phazer so I didn't need to fit Stealth Rock in later and I wouldn't be susceptible to many setup sweepers.

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Next up I wanted to compliment Swampert by having a strong switch-in for special type attacks that could easily do it in, so I went with Florges as it also gave me a strong bulky wincon that had clerical support so Swampert wouldn't be worn down as easily by status conditions. Having Florges also meant I didn't need to fit in a special Dragon-type switch-in later on.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

I wanted to round off my initial defensive core with Forretress since Swampert and Florges both compliment this thing wonderfully since Swampert resists Forretress's only weakness while having Florges makes up for this thing's inability to take on special hits while Forretress, in turn, was able to provide hazard removal and Spikes, so I could have an easier time against opposing defensively orientated teams. Forretress also gave me a good check to the likes of Slurpuff and provided momentum with a very slow Volt Switch.

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

I then noticed my lack of a decent Water-type switch-in and I didn't want Florges to be my only win condition due to it being quite prepared for in the current metagame so I decided to go with Virizion since it gave me a decent Scald switch-in and a setup sweeper which was decently fast so I didn't have to worry about only having Aerodactyl to be able to outspeed most threats. Virizion also gave me a decent switch-in for Knock Off so I wouldn't have to risk any of my other Pokemon losing their item, with the exception of Mega Aerodactyl.

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack

Having finished my defensive core, I decided to move on to more offensive-minded teammates which could use the entry hazards to their advantage. Aerodactyl really fit in here since not only does it clean very well with entry hazards but it also goes a long way to helping my matchup against offense teams due to being the fastest unboosted Pokemon in the tier after Mega Evolving. I decided to go for a simple 3 Attacks + Roost variant with Earthquake as my third attack to ensure I could hit the likes of Nidoqueen and Doublade for super effective damage.

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Recover

Lastly, I wanted to have a way of ensuring my matchup against stall was a lot better while also having a good way to prevent opposing hazard removal so I went for Sableye in this slot. Sableye also provided me with a good last-ditch answer to opposing physical setup sweepers due to having priority Will-O-Wisp and it helped my stall matchup by being a good stallbreaker with Taunt in its moveset. I didn't have a Knock Off user at this point so I decided to put it on Sableye since most threats Foul Play would have been good against are more or less covered by the rest of my team anyhow.
Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar

Florges (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Virizion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Aerodactyl-Mega @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Stone Edge
- Wing Attack

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- Recover

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Deadline's passed, thanks to everyone who submitted their rates! Expect round 2 to be up by Saturday latest. We'll also be posting the best rate of the round along with some general comments on how things went and what we were looking for in terms of suggestions. If you are eliminated and would like feedback on your rate and how you can improve going forward, feel free to ask us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)