UU Throughout the Ages Tournament-Finals- May 2010 [Won by JabbaTheGriffin]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Approved by the Earthly Worm
Tournaments Forum Rules

The UU Tier has undergone numerous changes over the years since the beginning of the 4th Generation. Numerous policy changes, bans, and strategy changes have constantly reshaped the UU metagame. This tournament will explore the UU metagame from its beginning (a.k.a. Old UU) to the recent Heracross drop (September 2010). Well, because of the detour, we won't make it to Heracross. Each round will explore a different UU metagame after each tiering change in chronological order. The metagames are January 2009, Old UU, July 2009,October 2009, January 2010, May 2010.

This round's metagame is May 2010. This is the round after all of the HeartGold/SoulSilver move tutors appeared, so this is a pretty different metagame than the previous one. I'm pretty good at screwing up tier lists, so if I make an error, PM me. If I messed something up in the pairings, PM me. Any questions? Complaints? Other? PM me.

Rules:
Species Clause
Classic Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Classic Freeze Clause
Strict Damage Clause (if played on Shoddy, PO has this already)
Evasion Clause
Self-KO Clause (this will be implemented because it was not deemed uncompetitive until December 2010.)
Single Elimination, but with 3-person round robin finals

The Pokemon to be used:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71195

Deadline is Whenever you feel like it. It's the freaking finals, so just post when you want to play so people can watch.

Good luck, and please PM me with any complaints/questions/corrections.

Pairings:

Xiang vs. JabbatheGriffin (activity)
JabbatheGriffin vs. reachzero
reachzero vs. Xiang (activity)

It's Round Robin, so just go until someone wins the set.

CHANGES IN A NUTSHELL:
RAIKOU, FROSLASS, CRESSELIA, PORYGON-Z, AND UMBREON ARE OUT.
NO NEW POKEMON ARE IN.

Note: This metagame was decided to be balanced, and recieved a "no suspects" vote for nominations.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Xiang vs. JabbatheGriffin
JabbatheGriffin vs. reachzero
reachzero vs. Xiang

For all eternity.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i would like to let everyone know that me and reach have decided to play every single major uu metagame to decide the winner between the two of us

Eo Ut Mortus

Elodin Smells
is a Programmeris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
wtf come back jun

also Xiang will win his matches through use of the illegal charm + seismic toss chansey and then be DQed

idk why you'd use that when it loses to beat up dugtrio o_ o

p.s. when is everyone playing? also it should be done on shoddy battle for old times sake :jump:

It would be nice if this finished sometime soon. I heard the matches were scheduled but they didn't happen for some reason. Has there been any rescheduling?

Also I just checked and Xiang hasn't been on the forums for more than 2 weeks. If he doesn't turn up by the time Jabba and reach play he might as well be DQed.

It would be nice if this finished sometime soon. I heard the matches were scheduled but they didn't happen for some reason. Has there been any rescheduling?

Also I just checked and Xiang hasn't been on the forums for more than 2 weeks. If he doesn't turn up by the time Jabba and reach play he might as well be DQed.
I'll take his spot if Lolcat wants to keep this a three-man final, since he was incredibly inactive during the last round as well, when I was his opponent. (We ended up battling about two weeks after the original deadline...)

i sent xiang a message on aim so i think he'll get off his ass soon and schedule battles. i don't think this is a double elim tournament though.

DetroitLolcat

Xiang PM'd me recently stating that he plans on completing his battles soon and has contacted Jabba and Reach.

If you try really hard guys you can get it within a month of the OP!

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
alright a cool month later and we're finally doing it (let the suspense build definitely)

me and reach are playing tonight at 9pm est best of 7 uu metagames!!

DetroitLolcat

Fuck yeah I'm watching this.

These battles better be worth the wait.

(Now I have to download PO on my new computer...)

DetroitLolcat

Okay, I'm giving Xiang THIS WEEKEND ONLY to get this crap done.

Otherwise I'm giving it to jabba.

jabba, please don't ban Xiang for the next 6 days. Deadline is Sunday, 11:59

what an anticlimactic ending -_-
I agree. I finally get past R2 in a tournament, beating someone obviously better than me without hax, and I lose to a guy who's inactive for the time he was supposed to play me, then beats me in the one day he's active over two months.
/endrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)